Deviations: The Outbreak (Superhero Semi-freeform) (Recruiting OPEN - 1/24/13)

Started by Adonis, November 02, 2013, 02:23:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Adonis

If I didnt know any better, Id say you two made those sheets together O.o Two kids with access to lots of money who like to play at criminals with a shadow manipulation symptom. Makes me chuckle.

Go ahead and move them over into the accepted character thread and introduce yourselves in the OOC chat if you could.
You can't change who people are at their core. You can only love them for what they've given you.
O/O's
Current Muse Status: Overdriiiive

AidenWhite

I had the rich boy with the darkness idea yesterday but waited until today to post it.

Bad idea from my part, I thought, but it doesn't matter really. ^^
My Request Thread + info about me!
My O/O's ~ AidenWhite O/Os - UPDATED: 08/01/2024 (dd/mm/yyyy)
My availability for One on One's (Solos): Available! PM at your own risk.

kckolbe

Quote from: Adonis on December 01, 2013, 12:59:05 PM
If I didnt know any better, Id say you two made those sheets together O.o Two kids with access to lots of money who like to play atcriminals with a shadow manipulation symptom. Makes me chuckle.

That's why I said William might be making new friends.  You saw from the first draft of my bio that he is leaning more crime-friendly.
Ons/Offs  A/A  Oath of the Drake
(From the Penis Game) Dr. Strangelove or: How I Learned to Stop Worrying and Love the Penis
I love a wet nymph.  "Letting some guy have [her] just to have another woman is a losing trade"

Buffy: The Vampire Slayer(IC#2)
Intro Thread

Adonis

You can't change who people are at their core. You can only love them for what they've given you.
O/O's

Spoons

I had a different idea yesterday but decided to change it up today! I can come up with something else if you don't want to do the same thing?

Looking for CONNECTIONS in Deviations! Here are a list of my ideas!

Adonis

O/O's

AidenWhite

It's fine, Spoons. They might become friends eventually this way.

The bad guys can get into trouble and come to Tommy for help. That was the entire motivation behind Tommy.

I was actually surprised Darkness wasn't chosen earlier. At first sight I thought it'd be a badass power to have in later stages. Right now it's uses are minimal, but later on it's going to be a kickass power.

Spoons

Looking for CONNECTIONS in Deviations! Here are a list of my ideas!

BadForm

So three bad boys joining at once? You know, Aiden... Obediah could be contacted to "have a word" with Amanda.

Oh and Bossman, what do you mean "gross"? You did open this in extreme... I'm just following your lead.
Absences thread: https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=202963.msg9924174#msg9924174

-----

Think you know your movies? How about their dialogue? Try the following silly movie caption thread:

https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=200349.0

Amelita

Ég skelli mínum inn með hraðann og það bráðum, kannski best að búa hann bara til svo ég endi ekki með að þurfa að breyta því einhver annar sé með of líkt concept. Sé allavega til þegar ég er búin að pósta stelpunum IC (vonandi í kvöld)...

RP Etiquette ~ Tumblr ~ Mumbler
~ There is nothing to writing; all you do is sit down at a typewriter and bleed ~
Ons & Offs ~ Post Tracker ~ Ladies in Red

Haloriel

Quote from: Amelita on December 01, 2013, 01:43:46 PM
Ég skelli mínum inn með hraðann og það bráðum, kannski best að búa hann bara til svo ég endi ekki með að þurfa að breyta því einhver annar sé með of líkt concept. Sé allavega til þegar ég er búin að pósta stelpunum IC (vonandi í kvöld)...

* Haloriel stares at the pretty letters and wonders what they mean!!

BadForm

Ummm... I'll have five please?
Absences thread: https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=202963.msg9924174#msg9924174

-----

Think you know your movies? How about their dialogue? Try the following silly movie caption thread:

Flower

Kokaine

*Knows what it means*

Thank you Google
*smug* 8-)

Edit: *Hi-5's DF* xD
Current Craving/Looking For: Romance, Adventure, Action, Humor, and Erotica. (F/Any)

Current Post Rate: Moderate

Current Posts Owed: 1/8

My O/Os

Amelita

-blushes and dies-

I was chatting with my friend so I wasn't thinking in English. So sorry. ><"

is rephrased:

I'll post my guy with his speed thing soon, maybe best to create him so I don't end up having to change him because someone else has a too similar concept going on. I'll see about it anyway once I've posted my girls IC (hopefully tonight)...

RP Etiquette ~ Tumblr ~ Mumbler
~ There is nothing to writing; all you do is sit down at a typewriter and bleed ~
Ons & Offs ~ Post Tracker ~ Ladies in Red

Haloriel

* Haloriel laughs and hugs Ame~

No worries at all!  I just thought it was pretty.

Senti

Name:EmilyJohnson, (though has returned to using her maiden name Eccelstone
Ethnicity:Caucasian
Sex: female
Relationship Status: Hiding from and abusive  husband, single mother
Previous (Or current) Profession:nurse on the terminal ward

Appearance:

Hair: blonde
Eyes:blue
Skin: pale
Weight:
Height:5’1
Other: (physical defects/mutations, overall appearance
Scars on her body and two on her face from a number of times when her husband attacked her.

Information:

Personality: The young mother is very gentle and loving and has very much a maternal and nurturing side. However a lot of the time this is not shown as the woman appears to be scared of her own shadow. She is certainly not out going and always looks as if she is watching out for some danger. She does appear a little more confident  in the hospital yet the fear lies just beneath the skin. The company of men often make her a little anxious.   Emily is a very private person for obvious reasons.

Background: [Three good paragraphs]

Emily was born to a nice and very normal middle class family and though she did not excel at school her grades were above average, she did cheerleading and was relatively popular. All in all though not perfect her life was rather good. The girl was bubbly and once she started dating one of the football team he was on the surface the all American dream boat her popularity grew. Yes that was on the surface, beauty is only skin deep as least on his part.

he was always a little jealous at school of her rather more ‘geeky’ friends especially the males. After her father died of terminal cancer the boy became yet more controlling as there was no male role modal to protect her. It was a gradual process and as her mother was at the time just as she was in a time of mourning. Emily remained at school and cheerleading and in fact gained better grades than expected and was offered a scholarship to a relatively prestigious collage to study medicine. This was not to be.

Nigel Johnson made sure she got knocked up before leaving after he found out he was not going to get the same opportunities, as he had been caught using. The whole matter had been brushed under the carpet but it meant the lad had to be in a less than salubrious line of work as his collage was ruined as well as his football expectations.

Emily was dragged down with him, because she was trapped, he had made sure that she would get pregnant on the night of the prom, Med school then became a what if.  The young mother was trapped along with a small child. However she loved that little girl with all her heart and soul and did her best to protect her from the increasing violence of her husband. Hoping that she would never have to witness what was happening in the small apartment.

Rather quietly Emily started some classes back at school as she was working her way to at least become a nurse, though not quite  her potential it was a way out. The beatings were becoming worse as were the threats, also she had more trips to A an E and anyone would count. A Doctor in the end gave her a card for a refuge.

This should in the first instance have been a an escape instead it was  a road to the beating of her life. A whiskey bottle had been the weapon. She would not be leaving the house again too whore her self out…  too some doctor those were his words. In his eyes the only way to keep her was to cut her up so no one would look at her…

Thus bleeding and throwing up Emily ran from the house with her daughter, stumbling trough the streets.

Yes Emily had her wounds sewn up at lest the physical ones. A year or so on the woman still lives in fear but is a nurse and trying to study. She works with women in a refuge and with veteran soldiers. Emily still does all she can to aid people. Her first priority is her daughter.

Yes the carer remains but is far more timid than the one that was the girl at the prom. For now Emily hides and makes sure that she and her daughter will not be found

Symptoms: transformation  avian SL1

Hobbies and Interests: reading, helping people, knitting sewing and quilting. Much as she would love to return to dancing that is not an option.

OOC Ons and Offs: Well really just ask.

Saric

I will be making a male character using Transmutation (Since a bunch of people got Darkness while I was plotting :P).

I should have the sheet up tonight, I just ran out of time to finish before work.
"I believe in dragons, good men, and other fantasy creatures." - Slovotsky's Law #42

“Fairy tales are more than true: not because they tell us that dragons exist, but because they tell us that dragons can be beaten.”― Neil Gaiman, Coraline

“The trouble with having an open mind, of course, is that people will insist on coming along and trying to put things in it.” - Terry Pratchett (Rest in Peace, Master Storyteller)

AidenWhite

Again, I was surprised that no one picked Darkness up until now. I thought I would be the only one, but alas there came another ^^

Adonis

Darkness is fun and all, but Im a little more utility myself. It just screams Emo to me :P

Edit:Transmutation is fun, one of mine has it! Not much use for it other than as a novelty thing early on though
O/O's

BadForm

Quote from: Adonis on December 01, 2013, 05:08:47 PM
Darkness is fun and all, but Im a little more utility myself. It just screams Emo to me :P

Edit:Transmutation is fun, one of mine has it! Not much use for it other than as a novelty thing early on though

I dunno, I'd imagine changing buttons into white dwarf matter could have an effect...

-----

Adonis

Possibly, but that doesnt fall under the simple changes that are reflected in the earlier tiers of the symptom I dont think.
O/O's

BadForm

Oh then I'm misunderstanding it. I thought you could transform a small solid object of 5lbs or less (button) into another substance (white dwarf matter). I don't think it says there has to be a conservation of mass...?

-----

Flower

Character:

Name: London Mallory, occassionally called Mouse by her family and close friends
Ethnicity: Caucasian
Sex: Female
Relationship Status: Divorced
London married her high school sweetheart against her parents' advice. They divorced two years later after financial difficulties, losing their house, and inability to conceive.
Previous (Or current) Profession: Telemarketer

Appearance:

Hair: Cinnamon brown
Eyes: Dark Brown
Skin: Lightly tanned
Weight: 140
Height: 5'6
Other: Small tattoo of a catfish behind her left ear

Information:

Personality: London is a quirky girl who is quick to smile at a stranger and probably share more about her life than anyone might deem appropriate in a first meeting. Coming from a large family, she has grown fairly used to the idea of sharing to the point where she often brings extras from her dinners to share with her co-workers. Despite her bad luck within her first marriage, London has not become bitter about love or romance. Her friendly personality has often allowed her to introduce people to potential partners or significant others.

Background: London is the second oldest daughter of a brood of five children. In total there are two other girls, Paris and Juno, and two brothers, Kent and Dallas. Order of their birth goes from Kent, London, Paris, and then finally the two twins, Dallas and Juno. Apparently, her parents, Fanny and Scott, decided to live their desire of traveling through the naming of their children. London grew up in a urban neighborhood where her parents struggled to make ends met with more children than they intended to have. Often times the twins are called their miraculous mistake due to their trying to have one more child rather than two.

Both of her parents worked while all of the children attended their neighborhood public school. Throughout her time in school, London's performance was not spectacular although she did passably well in her foreign language and history courses. Once school finished, rather than take up a trade as suggested by not only her mother and father but also older brother, she listened to her longtime boyfriend and decided to look for a full time job. Her actions caused strife in her parents' household so before graduation, London moved out to live in her boyfriends' parents' home until they were able to afford  their own apartment a few months later. To spite her parents, London refused to attend her own graduation although not attending hurt her more than she thought it would. She still has her graduation gown and cap neatly folded away in her closet.

Before long, she married her high school sweetheart. They thought they were living the dream until reality had a way of sucking the life out of one's soul. Long hours for little pay caused more arguments than they ever had in the past. Not to mention the blame game was frequently played between them whenever something went wrong in their apartment.

Two years later, London was back in her parents' house in her childhood room, wondering where it all went wrong. Thankfully, she was not the type to sulk. She managed to pull herself up and find a better job which did not exactly force her to live from check to check then move out once again to a reasonably price place. Granted, its not in the best neighborhood.

Symptoms:
Flora & Fauna Manipulation

SL - 1 - The Devi is able to commune with plants and flowers, and change the speed in which they grow and die.

Hobbies and Interests: Enjoys daytime amusement such as carnivals, museums, and arcades. Shopping is another way for her to pass the time although she often stares at purchases while debating if it will interfere with her ability to pay a bill. 

OOC Ons and Offs: Please see siggy. Although its really best to just PM me about it.

Adonis

Flower & Senti, both have my lovely stamp of approval and may be moved over.
O/O's