Disappearing Posts

Started by Luella, September 15, 2010, 07:59:55 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Luella

Hi, I've noticed that there are no 'Drafts' or 'auto-saved to drafts' feature in this forums. I have lost two posts and found it troublesome to type everything out again.

Not that I minded if my posts were a sentence long or a few paragraphs. I lost posts that are filled with more than 8 paragraphs worth of story material twice!

I'm new here too, so I'm not sure if this feature is exclusive to approved members only!

Please advise and thank you!
Every time a child says, "I don't believe in fairies," there is a fairy somewhere that falls down dead ~James Matthew Barrie, Peter Pan

Jag

No, we don't have a auto-save or anything like that. If you're using Firefox, you can get the addon called Lazarus. It's a form recovery. I know a few members use it and it works rather well.

Lazarus
QuoteNever lose anything you type into a web form again! Lazarus securely auto-saves all forms as you type, so after a crash, server timeout, or whatever, you can go back to the form, right click, "recover form", and breathe a sigh of relief.

Ons/Offs // Request Thread (Updated 3/10/24) // Slow to Reply at the Moment

Luella

Hi Michi,

Thank you, I will try that!  :-)
Every time a child says, "I don't believe in fairies," there is a fairy somewhere that falls down dead ~James Matthew Barrie, Peter Pan

Beguile's Mistress

I use Lazarus a lot, not just to recover lost posts but to pull up things I've typed that I need to refer back to.  It's been a real convenience and a life saver to me and, on another forum, a writing partner whose post was lost when a server crashed.  Because I had copied his post into the "go advanced" reply screen I had his as well as the one of mine that was lost. 

If you use computers that aren't your own personal computer you could try typing your posts as a draft in your email account.  They usually have autosave and you'll have a record of the post or a stored copy if you need it.  I do a lot of that.  It's a little more convenient for me than something like Google docs or having to save a word doc on a foreign computer, attach it to an email and then remember to delete the doc from the file and the trash.

Haibane

I'd like to nominate the above post as Most Helpful Post Of The Month!  :-*