The Camarilla and LARPing in General

Started by LunarSage, April 16, 2012, 08:35:17 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

LunarSage

Quote from: TheGlyphstone on March 07, 2014, 09:10:11 PM
They had to give Salubri something, to make up for the utter suck of their Clan-specific merits. I haven't read Clanbook: Salubri, but when did the Salubri become The Clan What Hunts Demons And Only Demons All The Time, Yo?

*laughs*

In the Salubri Clanbook of course... and that was pre-revised!  :-)

They and the Assamites fought the Baali and other demons at the behest of Saulot and Samiel.  Some say that Saulot helped create the Baali and so tried to use his children to wipe out the horrible mistake he had made.

The Salubri are also supposed to be the Keepers of Raphiel's Promise, that Golconda can be attained.  I had a Salubri character who took that stuff very seriously.

▫  A.A  ▫  O.O  ▫  Find & Seek   ▫ 

Silverfyre

Sadly, Mind's Eye went belly up for a lot of domains down here in SW Florida, including our own.  We decided to break away after a shit ton of petty politics and typical social BS started ruining games for everyone.  The worst part was that it chased away a lot of good folks and new people.  So, we are no longer part of MES but did form our own LARP troupe that has been throwing some bad-ass games.

I had to chime in on the BNS book.  It is not only a thing of beauty but mechanical balance.  This game has needed it so much and here it is.  Damned shame our group doesn't really care to try it out.  I has a sad.

TheGlyphstone

That is a real shame. Drama is inescapable and poisonous.

I just remarked to another player at afters last week, 'being in this club is like going back to high school, if high school was populated entirely by middle-aged housewives'.

As for the book itself, I was mildly amused by the unambiguously blatant expansion/splatbook hooks written in a few places, like the Lasombra clan merit that makes the character count as an Abyssal mystic and eligible for other abilities that require Abyssal mysticism...none of which are in the book. So I suppose splat creep will come eventually.

LunarSage

That's two bad, Silverfyre.. on both fronts (your domains dying and your troupe game not wanting to try the new system).

Welcome back, by the way!  ;D

Silverfyre

It is.  We had three domains fold in under six months.  The Florida community had gotten that bad apparently.  Oh well, gaming goes on!

And thanks!  I just hope to be able to test-drive that system some day with folks! 

LunarSage

That sucks.  Our domain is going strong.  We have our GotM (Toreador Ball) coming up later this month and I'm really looking forward to it.  It'll be Werewolf the Apocalypse, Cam/Anarch and then Accord (I don't much care for the NWoD stuff).  I was the first player in our domain to gain a rank in WtA (Fostern to Adren Get of Fenris Ahroun), so that was exciting.

Silverfyre

Sounds like a blast!  Accord has such promise too but I have yet to see how it has played out.  Have fun at your GotM!

TheGlyphstone

Heard about your game over the lists, LS. Regretting my lack of personal transportation even more now (the local carpool group going there is full up).

Weird how small worlds overlap and get smaller sometimes, like the time last (full) Sabbat chronicle where I found out Silverfyre was my Sabbat character's sire after the fact.

LunarSage

Quote from: Silverfyre on March 09, 2014, 07:04:16 PM
Sounds like a blast!  Accord has such promise too but I have yet to see how it has played out.  Have fun at your GotM!

Thanks!

Yeah the only Accord game I played left a really bad taste in my mouth.  They had a national NPC come to the game that was immune to anything we as a group could do to it.  It's like, why even have the character come to the game if we can do nothing against it?  Not even to kill him, just to disrupt what he was trying to do.

Quote from: TheGlyphstone on March 09, 2014, 07:04:33 PM
Heard about your game over the lists, LS. Regretting my lack of personal transportation even more now (the local carpool group going there is full up).

Weird how small worlds overlap and get smaller sometimes, like the time last (full) Sabbat chronicle where I found out Silverfyre was my Sabbat character's sire after the fact.

Aww too bad you couldn't make it.  Our VSTs have some seriously fun times prepared.

Maybe someone in the carpool will cancel.

Silverfyre

Quote from: TheGlyphstone on March 09, 2014, 07:04:33 PM

Jasper remains one of my favorite characters.  I was so happy to have him eat his sire and an Archbishop before the end.

TheGlyphstone

Quote from: LunarSage on March 09, 2014, 07:07:36 PM
Aww too bad you couldn't make it.  Our VSTs have some seriously fun times prepared.

Maybe someone in the carpool will cancel.

I'd still have to shell out for a hotel room, or a share of one, and that's non-negligible right now with my zero net income.

Quote from: Silverfyre on March 09, 2014, 07:08:43 PM
Jasper remains one of my favorite characters.  I was so happy to have him eat his sire and an Archbishop before the end.

He was fun. I'm still sad how the Bogota event got railroaded out, though I continue to hold it up (and my experiences vis-a-vis Venerio+Co.) as how PvP can actually be fun sometimes.

LunarSage

Quote from: TheGlyphstone on March 09, 2014, 07:12:48 PM
I'd still have to shell out for a hotel room, or a share of one, and that's non-negligible right now with my zero net income.

I may be able to find you some crash space via our local list if you seriously had a way to make it.  Send me a PM if that ends up being the case.

TheGlyphstone

Quote from: LunarSage on March 09, 2014, 07:14:38 PM
I may be able to find you some crash space via our local list if you seriously had a way to make it.  Send me a PM if that ends up being the case.

I'll think about it, but odds are slim, and it's bumping up against the edge of my vacation week.

TheGlyphstone

Unrelated, but I need ideas for an upcoming game this weekend, and I might as well outsource here as well as to my team of RL assistants.

The Sabbat game theme is Festivo, a big celebration of vampirism and being awesome badass monsters of Caine. What I'm trying to think up is a night full of activities/contests/games that serve a dual purpose - A), "revel in being a vampire, provoke one’s vampiric nature, and celebrate immortality bylaughing in the face of death", and B) give people a hands-on primer/demo in aspects of the new rules.

So far, I've come up with one idea, a game where each pack in the city goes out and kidnaps/recruits a mortal who ends up as their champion in a gladiatorial deathmatch; A) demonstrates vampiric superiority over the herd, and B) shows how Stock NPCs work. Stuff like that.

LunarSage

I'd make the NPC very generic too, and if he/she survives offer him/her up as a PC new Sabbat for anyone who's interested in that as a background.

TheGlyphstone

The NPCs are almost certainly going to be killed, unless someone decides to ghoul or embrace them, just 2-dot Stock NPCs as hands-on explanation of how those rules work. What I need is random ideas for other, similar activities/games/rites that serve a similar dual-focus purpose in and out of game, things that demonstrate how the rules and setting are different than the old LotN setting.