A game with teeth.

Started by Caustic, May 15, 2007, 08:06:12 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Caustic

***updated 8/9***

NO ESCAPE
OOC thread's on.  Have a looksee.

https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=10763.0

A freeform, fantasy story of traditional elements: good vs. evil, monsters vs. humans, etc.  But with no real good guys; just the innoccent caught between the two, those crushed in the cogs of the war machine.  In the initial scenario, a noble family is ambushed by the "monstrous" faction and either slaughtered or raided for captives.  The captives are either tormented for amusement or used as playing pieces in the greater conflict... converted to serve as spies, tormented for revenge and to break the spirit of the nobles, etc.

Roles:
Monstrous Lord: Big, frightening, but basically humanoid.
Enforcers: Some sort of supernaturally powerful warriors or tormentors.
Nobles: You get the idea.

Elements: Gothic stone and iron... capture, detention, and induced submission by vile forces... non-consentual acts with powerful, semi-human or human, villains... corruption/psychological conversion, violence, dark ritualism... it's a start.

LOST HIGHWAY
Pardon the stolen phrase from David Lynch and a dozen pulp authors of yore, if you don't mind.

A girl, let's just call her the girl for simplicity's sake, is gunning for post-graduate honors at some college, somewhere.  Her no-sock, longer-than-is-fashionable haired, Kerouac loving Media professor has built her up with story after story about life on the road, legends of the people, and the fading glory of America's rust-towns, whose stories slink away with every generation softened to white-collar life and bleeding away from the coal-towns and ghost-towns of the once amazing nation.

So professor arranges her to have an internship for a semester, sends her South, sends her West.  Sends her out there on a fool's errand.

Except the wrong turn gets her on the wrong highway, into a place where her headlights are the whole world she knows, and what's outside is more frightening by the moment.  The dead, the lost, and the shadows rule out there, and there's only one way to make it home...

To finish the trip.

Nothing about this girl is set in stone.  She might have company, even.  Maybe a friend, a sibling, or a stranger lost out there with her.

She doesn't know, will never know, if she's dreaming, lost in another dimension, or in purgatory.  But there will be the faces of the damned, empty and cold, there will be errand after errand of recording the stories... she will have boxes of tapes, a glovebox full of spent 35mm film cans, and a short stack of notebooks stained blue, black, purple, and red with the frantic-scratched words as she teeters on madness.

There'll be sex and violence, sure.  Can't resist them.  But the horror's the thing... the surrealism.  Remember: it's the journey that matters, not the destination.
Stories are for those late hours in the night when you can't remember how you got from where you were to where you are. Stories are for eternity, when memory is erased, when there is nothing to remember but the story. -Tim O'Brien

MadPanda

I'm having a sudden image of a Bugbear in a pinstripe suit and mirrorshades with a faux Italian accent...  ;D
Voluptas ailuri fulgentis decretum est!
Omnis nimis, temperantia ob coenobitae.
(Jes, tiuj frazoj estas malĝustaj. Pandoj fakte ne komprenas la latinan!)

One on Ones Suggestion Box
Group Game Suggestion Box
Pandariffic Ons and Otherwise
In Memory of Bishrook

Far eyes

I have a Pre existing Character [An infernal Fey of sorts] that might be right for the Monsters Side. She is Evil with a double V

Although I also have a couple of ideas for Submissive characters
What a man says: "Through roleplaying, I want to explore the reality of the female experience and gain a better understanding of what it means to be a woman."

What he means: "I like lesbians".
A/A
https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=180557.0

Lorelei

I'd be interested in being a victim :)

Caustic

Quote from: Lorelei on May 16, 2007, 06:00:40 AM
I'd be interested in being a victim :)

And I dare say we'd love to victimize your character.
Stories are for those late hours in the night when you can't remember how you got from where you were to where you are. Stories are for eternity, when memory is erased, when there is nothing to remember but the story. -Tim O'Brien

Lorelei

Oooh, goodie!  All the themes you mentioned sound great!  I know I'd really enjoy playing an innocent young human noble who gets victimized repeatedly. 

MadPanda

Great!  Now where'd I put dem ropes...

In Memory of Bishrook

MagicalPen

Could be interesting, i am wondering about who else is interested? Perhaps some more lady-folk to be victimized?

My On and Offs
When the Ink Runs Dry

Looking/Available for New Games

SpirituallyAddicted

I could probably come up with a strong-willed noble woman to break down little by little.

Mistiq

Probably shouldn't bite more than I can chew but, this still interesting. I although would probably base myne character on what's missing from the pot of characters.

Far eyes

Somthing nasty from the Monsters side is brewing in the dark corners of my mind. My mind has large dark corners  ;D
What a man says: "Through roleplaying, I want to explore the reality of the female experience and gain a better understanding of what it means to be a woman."

A/A

BK Geno

Would like to discuss joining with BBEG, and I have several ideas. Requesting PM with the DM to save the shock value. HEHEH

Gah, ignore above post. Lost my notebook with all my interesting ideas. Grrr. *walks off into the night, cursing upon a blue streak*
Panic is ALWAYS an appropriate answer!

Caustic

PM away.  I'm around.

I've received a couple of interest messges so far, aside from what's being unearthed here.

Please keep it coming.  Let's try to solidify some ideas, if possible.

Not everyone will be able to start off right away.  Best to start wth a small, tight group.  Roles will, in all likelihood, open up as the stringy, sordid, fragile-as-a-birdspine plot trickles along through scene-by-scene debauchery and such.  I'll make the call for who's in or out to start based on character style, likes and dislikes, and what I can see of your roleplay from other games.  From there on it's a rough approximation of democracy (hahahahaha).

Let's try to keep it fresh, kids.

Suggested setting though I'm open to ideas: A disjointed, fragmented universe somewhere between fairy tale, western culture, and hallucinogen nightmare.  Modern tech may show up alongside medieval lords, etc.  What matters is style.  That and substance.

MadPanda

So a bugbear goodfellah is not out of the question?  Oh, goody!  (evil laugh ensues)

In Memory of Bishrook

Celestial Goblin

Quote from: Caustic on May 16, 2007, 08:06:11 PM
Suggested setting though I'm open to ideas: A disjointed, fragmented universe somewhere between fairy tale, western culture, and hallucinogen nightmare.  Modern tech may show up alongside medieval lords, etc.  What matters is style.  That and substance.

I tried not get tempted into this game, but this does it.
I'm going to play.
I have to.

Far eyes

I sent in an idea for a Monster, hope it sounds good. I think its fitting  ;D

A/A

Celestial Goblin

I want a victim role. Gender will depend on which will be more in demand:P

Caustic

Feels kinda good, doesn't it?  Feels kinda bad too.

Good descriptions from Far Eyes so far.

Glad you're interested, Celestial.  Drop me a line if you'd like to discuss ideas.

Caustic

MadPanda

*cracks knuckles*

"Don Bartolome sez you owes him half a mil, an' he wants it yestahday!  Now, if youse ain't got dat kinda dough, I'm supposed ta take it outta youse, one bone atta time."

Although, having recently watched (and enjoyed!) Lock, Stock, and Two Smoking Barrels, I'm wondering if our UK participants would forgive me for trying to make that 'thugbear' a Londoner...

In Memory of Bishrook

Far eyes

A/A

Lorelei

I am also still interested :)

Zombie Apocalypso

HybridHalf

Interested in the Enforcers role for NO ESCAPE.

Cherri Tart

are you still looking for players for the lost highway game?  i'd really be interested in playing the girl or a friend/sister/lover/hitchhiker accompanying her.  oh, and *hug*  welcome back. Glad you and your talented writing found your way back to us :D
you were never able to keep me breathing as the water rises up again

O/O, Cherri Flavored