Infected (IC Started, Still Recruiting)

Started by DarkAngel111, September 08, 2014, 01:28:00 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

DarkAngel111

Infected

It was a Bright Monday Morning in 5th of July, People had just recovered barely from the 4th of July celebrations. People were still recovering Coffee shops were filled with people who were recovering from the celebration of night before, it was the same in every state of United States. Little did people know, this would be the last time they would Celebrate. At mid morning the news was filled with reports of strange Occurrences various Hospitals were filled with Patients carrying bite marks and aggression by Other humans. The Events Escalated Considerably within the next few hours as some of the places who were untouched by those incidents were also filled by such events. By 5 pm the entire country had gone into chaos. The news channels reported last of the broadcasts until the next day. That was when all Power went out, soon after telephone lines went off. Within the 2 days of the first incidents the whole Grid had gone down the Cell phones were not working, there was no power save for generators.

The military had set up evacuation points and safe zones. The Cities are being evacuated. The Chaos is every where.
How Did it start?

As far as anyone this situation arose because Everyone is infected, when did it actually hit?, Shortly before the first Death. Its airborne? yes, but not lethal. You only turn when you die everyone is infected. So when people died they turned came back and bit their loved ones, at first no one knew what to do or how to stop it, but it isn't too long before people figure out what is happening but by the time they realized it was too late there was already too many of them to outrun. Of course when something like that happens a Normal Human's first thought is, Its my Mother/Father/sister/husband etc.. How can I just kill them?, Then there is law, then there are emotions, No one gets up in the morning and Starts picking out zombies. Not Even Psycho Paths. That was how things turned from bad to worse within hours, Of course Cops shot people who didn't stop, but even they were instructed to shoot unarmed civilians in the Leg, or head, no one shoots a running man on the head.

What is this Game All about?.

This game is about Survival. Chaos. Panic. And Bravery amongst All of that. The Game will start at the very First Day of the Outbreak, 5th of July, The Encounters with loved ones and friends. The Panic and Confusion of such a event. We will Not Tolerate anyone who decides to take a Shovel to their neighbors all of a sudden ready to kill people when three days ago they couldn't even put their dog to sleep. The Aim here is not to be Macho and show of your muscles or your skills with a gun. Its about What happens to people if such a event were to take place. Bad asses are restricted here the Story will be about Normal people, fighting to survive who then turn into bad Asses. Develop your character into a Bad ass, Make it intense. We will love you and reward you for it!.

Facts.

You Die, You turn. No Exceptions, If you fall on your head get bitten, shot, stabbed, suffer a heart attack. You Turn. Bottom Line, If you die with your brain intact, you die.
2. Hit the brain, damage it, and they die. You can try shooting, hit the brain. You hit them cut their limbs off they will still bite. They have no other urges other than to Survive and eat.
3. The Zombies here are Dumb as a stick. They walk a straight line to their prey, they are attracted to Sound, Smell, And Light. They have no distinction of human or dead unless they can smell you. No Super powered Zombies will be found unless GM's Decide to throw you a twist.
4.Bites don't turn you instantly, but once you are bitten you cannot be Immune to it either. It can take victims 2 minutes till 10 hours to turn depending on your condition.

Game Threads.

DarkAngel111

General Information

Its a disease?, Is it Viral?, Is it Fungal?, Or Airborn?.

We are all Infected!. Act like it! Its a revelation that we leave upto the players to figure out. Doesn't matter if you are bitten or not if you die you turn, That is how it started after all, some one died turned and bit a loved one. etc etc.. The point here is this is the end of the world, we want you to play your characters accordingly, the reason we are starting at the very beginning is only because, we want character Development, that is why we start at the very starting, and then we move into become tougher.

If some how your character ends up with 4 shotguns and 700 rounds of ammo in the backseat of his car, then well, he is probably going to die sooner than the rest of the survivors. the people who survive are those that are cautious and not those who are packing the largest gun. So lets just say when the world ends you are not prepared. You are in your Pjs and scared shitless. That's how we play it. We are not against your character being a bad ass, but Just remember, everyone has a few weaknesses, and it is better to develop a character in game which makes you more attached to them. If you are to do all the development behind the scenes and bring a full fledged character in game that will make you loose interest rather quickly. you don't want to do that.

The Dead are just that DEAD. The GM's will be active in this game, and we will be throwing hurdles at you every now and again, there will be a exit, and we won't kill your characters without your consent, because its tiring to make characters if they die quickly, its not what we will do, but be sure that you will not get *gm monitored* events, sometimes we will be leaving you in a situation and you will have to crawl your way out realistically. Keep things interesting!

Ideally there will be 2-4 Different groups forming over the course of first 2 weeks as people run and scatter all over the place. So later in the game these groups can come together, and form larger group/s Fortify the place, only to get more hurdles thrown at them.

Q.) Is it Global?.
A.)Yes, its Global, but our game will be based strictly within United States.

Q.)Is there a Cure?.
A.)As far as the game is Concerned No Cure. There may be story arcs involving one.

Q.)What kind of Zombies do we have?.
A.)For the most part they are Dumb, they have no super Powers. For most part they will  be original and some modifications to their traits may be made by the GMs.

Q.)How do they Detect us?
A.)Smell, Light, Hearing us. If we make sudden movements they will be onto us.

Q.)Do we know what to do? how to kill?.
A.)Well, Depending on your character they might and might not know about Zombies. Models might not?, Geeks would, but would probably be enjoying the real life scenario too much to fight back... lol. But sooner or later everyone will figure out what to do, just don't make them crazy zombie slayers from the moment they see one and we will be fine.

Q.)How Long has it been since the Outbreak.?
A.) Game will be started JUST AFTER the first news of people eating each other arrive.

Q.)Is there a Requirement to Apply for this game?.
A.)Yes, you need to make sure you have the time to Stick with it, and Can write 2 (Good Size) Paragraphs.

Q.)Can I make a person with Military Background?.

A.)No. Before you make a Person with a military background, you will need GM approval, and those characters will be the ones who have the Strictest Rules, and limitations. This is done so we can all play the part equally and not feel like we are following gods. (Military bases are the first to get overrun, so There is Less of them alive than people).

Q.)Characters we want.
A.)This game is all about ordinary people, so if you decide to make a security guard, that is alright, but don't put (Ex Military) in the column. A Police Officer is fine, so is a personal Body guard. No one prepares for the End of the world and keeps a stock of guns with 1000+ bullets, because in reality you need to get through a lot of paper work to do that.

Q.)Who are the GM's ?
A.) Myself and ...

Rules:

1.)Do not Argue or create Drama within the threads. If you have a disagreement, Talk to the GM's in PM. IF it is with another Player, Please ensure that you tag the GM's Along in your messages.
2.)Do not God Mod Characters.
3.) Any Non-Consensual scene must be discussed with the other players concerned before hand, and Should not be acted upon until in full agreement by all concerned.
4.) Do Not Use Pictures off People's Facebook Accounts or Twitter. Use Celebrity Pictures or Models for your Characters. No Anime/Cartoon/Self Portraits Allowed for the sake of Consistency.
5.)GM's Word is the LAW. If you have a problem with something Voice it in PM not in the Threads.
6.)Any players who are Gone for a long time(2-4 weeks) Without notice will be NPCed by the GM's and Either killed or Exiled Depending on the scene they are involved in. That does not mean you are not allowed in when you are back. If your exiled character wants to come back in they can.
7.)All Tags Must be kept Updated. And there should be a 200 x 150 Size for all Images in IC posts.

Character Sheet

[float=left][img height=200][/img]~~~Image Link Here~~~[/float]
[b]Character Name[/b]:
[b]Player Name[/b]: Feel free to link to your profile.
[b]Age[/b]:
[b]Nick Names[/b]:
[b]Physical Description[/b]: Include a minimum of a paragraph to describe what your character is like physically.
[b]Character Model[/b]:

[b]Weight & Body Type.[/b]: Keep in mind your character can only carry supplies 1/3 of his/her weight.
[b]Height[/b]:
[b]Hair[/b]
[b]Eyes[/b]
[b]Former Occupation[/b]

[center][size=14pt][font=georgia][b][color=grey]~[/color]IN DEPTH[color=grey]~[/color][/b][/font][/size][/center]

[b]Personality[/b]: At least 6 words that describe your character with a minimum of three negative.

[b]Likes[/b]
[b]Dislikes[/b]

[b]History[/b] Atleast 3 good sized paragraphs so we can see how your character develops.

[b]Strengths[/b]: List two. Not more.
[b]Weaknesses[/b]: List two, Or more.
[b] Fears & Phobias[/b]:

Ons/Offs: Feel free to link them or state them here.

DarkAngel111

I will be making some more edits to the first two posts if we get some more interest, So Keep an Eye out.  The first two days in game will Timeline based, then we can move to a more free formed game.

eiselmann

260916 Sigh, on the back end of my laptop dying last week and getting a new one delivered, we now have had some local flooding where I live....fortunately for me no major damage since my house is a few feet above ground, however my back yard looks like the swimming pool I don't have ...so might take a day or two to get back to posting

The Betrayal at Yalta, one of the main reasons the world is the mess it is today

My ons and offs link

https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=254364.0

DarkAngel111

good man :)

I am already planning Story Arcs for the scenarios. Let me tell you guys if we get 10+ players, I promise to keep all the players on their toes with twists.

LSWSjr

Definitely interested in this, I'll have a handful of characters written up in the next couple days :-)

Cheers
Rowan/LSWSjr
"The true price of my immortality, has been outliving my children" - Kassey LeHane

http://lswsjr.deviantart.com/gallery/?catpath=/ - the Home of my SFW art commissions
http://www.hentai-foundry.com/pictures/user/LSWSjr - the Home of my NSFW art commissions

DarkAngel111

For all those Who have PM'ed Me and all those who have shown interest here, Feel free to start writing a character sheet, The Code is in the Second post.

Point to note.

Game will be starting on a Normal Day, with People going on About their Normal Lives, As I start getting Character Sheets I will be Putting up the Timeline we will follow till All order is lost.

DarkAngel111

don't seem like anyone is in the mood for zombies eh?... Come on people we need some numbers here.....

Emiko Higurashi

You know, I might be interested in joining this. So I'll keep my eye out on it for now. I'll also go ahead and work on a character sheet hopefully sometime later tonight if all goes well and don't get interrupted.

DarkAngel111

We already have one Sheet from a Player Eiselmann
So it would be nice to have one more :)

I also have like 6 NPCs ready  three of which can immediately be put into work.

Nymphadora

Definitely interested and bookmarking to check out more indepthly later.
A&As UPDATED Oct 26/23

Rate:Weekly give or take
Availability:
Unavailable for new plottings, sorry.
O&Os Please review
♪As flawed as you may think you are, you're perfect to me!♪

ArtemisHighmore

Wolfling72

Peeks in

This reminds me of the Feed trilogy.

Am totally interested.
O/O's
Snippets
A/A's
Wolfi Recommends- changes weekly
Keep it vampirated and melanated.

Red Stella

Well, since several other games haven't panned out for me (great ideas - GM was abducted by aliens, other players stopped posting after a couple of days, or not enough to get off the ground)...

Yeah, okay.  I'll make a character for you.   ;D

DarkAngel111

everyone who wants to, join should start submitting their sheets. Everyone can make upto 2 characters to start. Send the sheets to me through PM and can put them up in this thread as well to make connections

Nymphadora

Had a guest all weekend but you can expect a sheet this evening.
A&As UPDATED Oct 26/23

Availability:
O&Os Please review

DarkAngel111

Players Who have submitted Sheets so far and have been Approved :

Red Stella- Alexandra Morgan
Emiko Higurashi- Emiko Higurashi
Eiselmann- Simon Devon

Nymphadora

My muse went to bed early last night and I followed not long after... recovering from a fun weekend... heh

Still looking to provide you with a CS soon
A&As UPDATED Oct 26/23

Availability:
O&Os Please review

DarkAngel111

Quote from: Nymphadora on September 15, 2014, 12:58:17 PM
My muse went to bed early last night and I followed not long after... recovering from a fun weekend... heh

Still looking to provide you with a CS soon

Well Muse can be fickle never mess with it ;)
I am looking to get as many players as we can, so we can get them into the timeline for the first two days.

Red Stella

I was wondering, where in the US will you be starting us out?  I know most of the modern zombie settings are either in California or New York, ignoring the rest of the country. 

DarkAngel111

I was thinking California, gives us City, and forest areas, quarries and mines and everything.

but if you players have suggestions I can tweak to your liking :) after all you guys should enjoy the game! :)

Red Stella

Ooh, quarries and mines - I hadn't thought of those!   Very cool. 

Northern California maybe?  More variety in terrain and weather there. 

DarkAngel111

Northern California,

I will check out the area on a map, since I am not from US i will have to see how it goes, till them feel free to drop suggestions guys, we can even try and set in a freeze to get a interesting reaction from the dead ;)

ArcherCC