The Indigo Kingdom: GBLTQA friendly! Recruiting! Players needed!

Started by Ember Star, November 18, 2013, 01:54:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Vaulera

Yeah, that's more what I was thinking. A visitor to the court, not an heir to the throne. Just some high-brow, fancy nobility type come to a foreign court to learn different things.

Ember Star

Quote from: Vaulera on December 15, 2013, 11:07:06 PM
Yeah, that's more what I was thinking. A visitor to the court, not an heir to the throne. Just some high-brow, fancy nobility type come to a foreign court to learn different things.
Yes. That's fine. We actually already have something similar to that, Famine's dragon character is a queen there to learn of other lands.
"One thing you who had secure or happy childhoods should understand about those of us who did not, we who control our feelings, who avoid conflicts at all costs or seem to seek them, who are hypersensitive, self-critical, compulsive, workaholic, and above all survivors, we're not that way from perversity. And we cannot just relax and let it go. We've learned to cope in ways you never had to." ~Author, Piers Anthony

Vaulera

Name: Liliana Astrada
Alias: Cinder
Race: Moon Fae (Moon Elf)

Orientation: Bisexual

Weapon: Heirloom Rune-Blade

Powers:
Liliana has a very practiced and controlled ability to manipulate the natural elements of her body into devastation evocations. Currently she has a mastery over fire and electricity, and has minor control over wind, ice and force. Iron, acid and earth are completely unrefined, and incredibly hazardous to use. The advantages of this visceral evocation are the speed and ease of use, but even when done properly, there are horrible side effects.

Abilities:
Liliana has a great and extensive knowledge and practice with sword-play, necessary, considering the harm that one can do to themselves by channeling their different physical functions into magic. With her noble upbringing, Liliana also learned a great deal of etiquette and formal education from various tutors.

Appearance:
For a Moon Fae, Liliana has some very classical traits and some very unorthodox traits. Of the traits more common to Moon Fae, Liliana possessed extremely pale skin, classically beautiful features with high cheekbones, almond shaped eyes and full lips. Her more unorthodox traits have to do with both natural gifts and her sense of fashion. Physically speaking, cobalt eyes are a rarity for any race, and her figure is uncommonly full for any of the more Fae races; commonly known for having extremely thin bodies. The other physical feature that makes her strange is her height, and her black hair. Almost every Moon Fae possesses some form of blonde, silver or light copper hair; with black being an extreme rarity. As for her fashion sense; it is neither terribly proper for her social status nor very common. Liliana loves her strange leggings, and loves wearing dark colours even more. She wears a rich colour on her lips and an incredibly dark one for her eyeshadow, making the contrast between her pale skin and her eyes seem jarring and exotic. Liliana, as a rule, usually never wears anything that restricts movements, so finding her in a dress is rare and usually unwilling. For common wear, she usually adorns a waist length jerkin with supple leather and silk skirts that flare behind her, and don't impede her walking. Her hair is either in a warrior's tail, clasped with a weighted iron ball and spike, or out in a styled mane.

Full Sized Image

History:
The kingdom controlled by the Moon Fae is more akin to a small barony, but containing its own unique culture. Moon Fae are direct relatives to their elf cousins, and share many of the same traits as them, but hold their own distinct physical characteristics, and hold their own distinct form of magic. The Moon Fae operate on a Caste system, with distinctly different groups, each marked with a different tattoo, save for the nobility. The different basic professions you could be born in to would be a Noble, a Warrior, an Artisan, a servant or a Farmer. The prestige of these is in order, and ignoring the distinct sub-categories. The only social class free of tattoos are the nobility. Liliana herself is a member of the royal household, the youngest daughter of four, with no males. As the stigmas that exist towards genders for some don't hold the same weight in the kingdom of the Moon Fae, Liliana is being groomed as the military leader of her family. In her homeland, she was trained in mastery over blade, strategy and military convention, often training with the retinue of warriors of the warrior caste that were born and marked as her own.

Of Liliana herself, she was raised as the princess of the least social consequence of her sisters. As the last in line, she would not learn of religion, courtly matters, embroidery or other princess-like crafts. As the youngest, she had the least to inherit, but as her mother died shortly after her birth, she would fill the role of the absent sons. All of the warrior caste born for the next decade after her were dedicated as her own soldiers, and her years with them bred in the trademark undying loyalty of the Moon Fae warrior caste. This loyalty to her and only her created a great divide between her and her oldest sister Alta. Alta was in line to inherit the largest amount, and the crown, but the warrior castes being loyal to Liliana created a massive divide in power. The majority of military power rested with Liliana, whereas most of the political power rested with Alta. Though Liliana was still relatively young, her father made the decision to send her to the courts of the Indigo city. His supposed reasons were to 'forge friendships' and 'determine future alliances'. Neatly placing the rough-going youngest sister out of the way of both the political intrigue and inter-sibling strife that she was so bad at handling. Of course, they didn't leave her alone. Alone she could cause more trouble than the solution would fix.

Ember Star

Wrong thread, Hun. Post her in the character thread, please. But take the height and width codes out of the img code before you do, please.
"One thing you who had secure or happy childhoods should understand about those of us who did not, we who control our feelings, who avoid conflicts at all costs or seem to seek them, who are hypersensitive, self-critical, compulsive, workaholic, and above all survivors, we're not that way from perversity. And we cannot just relax and let it go. We've learned to cope in ways you never had to." ~Author, Piers Anthony

Vaulera

Woops! Correcting. The sleepy mind doesn't think straight. Just briefly saw Khrystals and shall we say leaped to a conclusion.

Ember Star

No worries. Just remember to remove the height and width out of your img code so the picture appears normally. You don't need the height and width with the resized pic I gave you anyhow. Kinda makes it looks stretchy like a rubber band :p

You should go stop by the OOC and say hi to the others, too.

Vaulera

Haha, true. I shoved it in there to resize the original image. Sorta just looks weird with the edited shot. I'm also putting a pet in there, because I just saw that part now. And yes indeed, I think I will say hello.

Darkmoon

I would like to introduce an evil character, motivated to gradually bend innocent souls to his service through hypnosis and enchantment. His goal would be a gradual rise to power and control over the Indigo Kingdom, and naturally, he would be a character that I would have no problem allowing to be killed off given how hostile his intentions are. His motivations would be corruption and collection of beauty, and the gaining the living and non-living treasures of the Kingdom for himself alone. Do you still have openings?

Ember Star

First off, there's always openings here! :D

Now, to address your idea. As interesting as that is, I have to say no to the evil character. As of now, I plan to NPC evil characters for plot devices and I don't want anymore more than that. Somewhat mischievous or grumpy characters, sure. But not outright evil characters right now.

I might allow something later on, but that's a long way down the line.

What that, you're welcome to join, just with a different idea.

bubby

When I get home in a week I'm going to send you a character idea!

Ember Star

Quote from: bubby on December 29, 2013, 08:59:34 PM
When I get home in a week I'm going to send you a character idea!
YAY! :) Can't wait to see it, Bubby!

Karasu

Highly Interested.. thusly expect a PM from me soon my dear GM.
SEEKING Undertale/Deltarune RP, PM to discuss details.

Ember Star

Karasu

SEEKING Undertale/Deltarune RP, PM to discuss details.

Benen

Ember Star

bubby

I hope to be able to PM you my char some time today Ember.

bubby

Mossberg

Quote from: Ember Star on December 29, 2013, 10:18:25 AM
I have to say no to the evil character. As of now, I plan to NPC evil characters for plot devices and I don't want anymore more than that. Somewhat mischievous or grumpy characters, sure. But not outright evil characters right now.

There may be a problem with my character if this still holds true. While he is not outright evil, he is a little insane and sometimes loses control of himself. I suppose that I could downplay that part, but in all honesty I'd rather not.
"I killed the whole world, and you can too, if you try hard."
-Lews Therin Telamon

Ember Star

Quote from: Mossberg on January 18, 2014, 06:28:21 AM
There may be a problem with my character if this still holds true. While he is not outright evil, he is a little insane and sometimes loses control of himself. I suppose that I could downplay that part, but in all honesty I'd rather not.
I can deal with a little insane and lack of control (especially since I know you), as long as he's not "outright evil". With what the kingdom is suppose to be (a safe haven for magicals), it wouldn't really do to have a bunch of evil dictators running around killing people.

Outlaw Fallen

lol wait... Fallen has an uber dark side, himself, though he has yet to discover it at this point... although, if it does ever show itself, it is temporary so I don't think it would be a problem.
"I fought the decisions that called and lost
My mark has the relevant piece in this
I will come reformed
In short, for the murder of those I court
I bless the hour that holds your fall
I will kill you all" - Coheed & Cambria
A/A's UPDATED! (6/6/19) | Desires | Outlaw-bait

"Doesn't love always begin that way; with the illusion more real than the woman?" - Jean-Luc Picard

Ember Star

Like I said before, there may br the possibility for more dark stuff down the road. But that's way down

Mossberg

My guy I'm planning on using has an alternate personality pretty much. In times of stress and especially in battle he  loses control and the other takes over. Sometimes. Depends on a couple things. What is the precedent for magical items and such?
-Lews Therin Telamon

Ember Star

I allow magical items as long as they're reasonably powered, and listed in his profile.

Mossberg

I'll have everything listed when/if I submit him. There are no indestructible items I'm guessing?
-Lews Therin Telamon