Mafia Murder Theater: Alice in Wonderland -- Thespians Win!

Started by desert ashes, November 22, 2010, 01:54:38 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Saku

Saku was not entirely sure what to think. Perhaps she should change her vote to someone else but at the same time what if the one she had voted for was indeed the culprit? If she changed her vote and the culprit had been Imogen wouldn't that look bad? Yet at the same time what if Imogen turned out not to be the culprit? It was a rather hard decision to make. But she decided to let her vote stand. There wasn't any way to know who was responsible at the moment since it was early on in the game. She had no real suspicions of Imogen but then that applied to all the rest of the group as well. And someone had to pay the price it seemed so no matter who she voted for, one person would be cast out tonight...
I'm back!
"Times change and so must I. We all change when you think about it. We’re all different people all through our lives.
And that’s ok, that’s good, as long as you keep moving, as long as you remember all the people that you used to be.
I will not forget one line of this, not one day, I swear. I will always remember when The Doctor was me."
Ons/Offs! vs Updates! vs Requests

Imogen

"Once again, I ask those innocent to reconsider. I had no hand in this and you will lose a valuable ally with me."
[tr][td]
[/td]
[td][/td]
[td]Woo's and Won'ts / Absences
Stor-E Writers Registry[/td]
[td][/td]
[td][/td]
[/tr][/table]

Revenent

Revenent starts to fidget in his seat, wondering whether or not he made a huge mistake in jumping to conclusions. So many people had voted for Imogen, yet she didn't sound like she could have done it, so what if Leorobin was innocent and his first vote had just made everyone follow after him? They could be condemning an innocent man! Leorobin had voted for him in return, though, but that may have just been a defensive measure.

Aludiana of the Dusk

"Imogen, if you aren't guilty, then please, tell us who you really think is guilty and why. You seemed rather ruthless and very much out for yourself when the director was being chosen, why shouldn't we suspect you? After all, I doubt the majority of the group knows you well enough to truly trust you. Or would I be wrong?"
~On Hiatus Indefinitely~

Imogen

"I have no idea who to suspect." She sighed and spread her hands in a helpless gesture. "It's true I would love to play the part of the Queen of Hearts, but would I be so outspoken about it if I had planned to kill for the part?" Imogen shook her head. "I'd have kept silent and made sure no one noticed me."

"I have no idea who the murderer is, I only can tell you that if you look at me you are making a huge mistake."
[tr][td]
[/td]
[td][/td]
[td][/td]
[td][/td]
[/tr][/table]

desert ashes

In the end the votes were cast.  Changed.  Changed again.  And perhaps recast.  All that mattered was that one individual had stood out from the rest: Leorobin.  There was not time for any further protests to be made, for a red spotlight fell upon him and burned bright on the Understudy, a man destined for the role of Partygoer #1.  The loud marching came first from the back of the theater, and then echoed its way through the house as the four large playing cards, spears in hand, surrounded Leorobin.  Then with a thundering boom and an:

"OFF WITH HIS HEAD!"

The cards and Leorobin disappeared in a large puff of red smoke.

One Understudy had been revealed.  Would the two others prevail despite the Thespians' starting luck?

On Stage: "We're all mad here. I'm mad. You're mad." (Lynch vote.)

Cast and Crew
Leorobin (6)- Revenent, Ali012281, Aiden, rottenaim, Imogen, Remiel
Imogen (5) - Aludiana of the Dusk, Josietta, Kyrsa, Saku, Marguerite
Revenent (1)- Leorobin
Kyrsa (1)- Valerian
Aiden
Ali012281
Aludiana of the Dusk
Josietta
Marguerite
Remiel
rottenaim
Saku
Valerian
make me forget
how to breathe

leave me with the
taste of your sin
they will lie about you, insult you, hurt you,
betray you, injure  you, set you aflame and
watch you burn. but they will not, shall not,
c a n n o t, destroy  you. because  you, like
R o m e, were built  on ashes, and you, like
a phoenix, know how to rise and resurrect.
· accepting new stories ·
 ·· · ideas & cravings ·· ons & offs ·· poetry ·· a/a ·· stories · ··

let there be beauty born from ashes

Imogen

Imogen's face turned green. "That could have been me..." She whispered. "I changed my mind... I don't think I want to play the Queen of Hearts anymore."

"Excuse me.." She brought her hand to her mouth and ran off to the restrooms.
[tr][td]
[/td]
[td][/td]
[td][/td]
[td][/td]
[/tr][/table]

Aludiana of the Dusk

She'd watch the spectacle as Leorobin was carried off by the playing cards acting as guards. It was quite a disturbing sight, actually to see them being carried off in a puff of smoke with the guards chanting "Off with his head!" Disturbing as it was, the others seemed to have been right that Leorobin was capable of treachery. It made little difference now, as he was gone, presumably to his death, and there were other, still living cast members who could be in danger.

"Somehow I still doubt Leorobin would have murdered for the role of Alice. Natalia's killer is probably still out there. We should all be careful and try to stay together as much as possible, that should limit the opportunity for future killings."
~On Hiatus Indefinitely~

Revenent

Revenent sighed with relief as it turned out Leorobin was, in fact, guilty, letting him feel just a little bit less bad about condemning him. Of course, now the chances were even lower that they would pick the right person, and what if it ended up being him that was picked? He shook the idea from his mind, convincing himself he wouldn't be lynched.

Saku

Saku breathed a sigh of relief when the one who was chosen did actually happen to turn out to be a feared understudy. It had not been the one she had voted for but at least one of the guilty ones had paid the price. Now she had some basis to work with. Those who had voted for Leorobin were most likely innocent because why would his fellow understudies want to send one of their own to the fray? That being said, she decided that Revenent, Ali012281, Aiden, rottenaim, Imogen and her friend Remiel were the ones to pay more attention to in the future.
I'm back!
"Times change and so must I. We all change when you think about it. We’re all different people all through our lives.
And that’s ok, that’s good, as long as you keep moving, as long as you remember all the people that you used to be.
I will not forget one line of this, not one day, I swear. I will always remember when The Doctor was me."

Josietta

Josi sighed a bit as Leo had potential as the Mad Hatter. She supposed sometimes even the best in show can be evil, after all look at those beauty queens who poison each other just to win a crown. It was entirely possible. She sighed and glanced around before moving toward the side and sat down on the edge of the stage watching the others reactions for some semblance of who might know what is going on, and why things have happened, or even just who might've been close to the convicted one.

❤️🧡💛💚💙💜🖤🤍💖                    ❤️🧡💛💚💙💜🖤🤍💖
                                 O.Os   / A.As / Ideas 
                           Warning:  Finicky Muse Ahead!

Poetic Fury

Ali watched as Imogen bolted from the area with her hand covering her mouth.  She shook her head slowly and looked around at the people remaining.  The way which Leorobin had been carted away was dramatic and completely fitting for the play.  And she wholly agreed with Aludiana, it was not likely that he was out for the role of Alice. 

Sinking down into a chair she hugged her knees in toward her chest and rested her chin upon her knees.  Opting to remain silent she simply sat and watched those around her.

"Seduce my mind and you can have my body.
Find my soul and I'm yours forever."
-Anonymous

Aludiana of the Dusk

"Someone should probably go check on Imogen to see if she's alright." The director spoke, calmly, as though she were trying to keep her mind from drifting back to the odd, yet strangely disturbing scene from earlier. At the same time she spoke though, she felt uncomfortable with being the one to do so.

"Saku, maybe you? Or Josie?" She'd look at the other two women, hoping one of them would volunteer.
~On Hiatus Indefinitely~

Josietta

Josi looked up toward Aludiana and tilted her head. She wanted her to check on the person she had just voted as a suspect. That would go over well. She nodded anyway and gave her a meek smile.

"Sure. I'll check on her. I'm sure she just needed some air."

The young actress slipped up from her place and started out after Imogen, stopping by a refreshments table to grab a bottle of water, just in case she needed it.

❤️🧡💛💚💙💜🖤🤍💖                    ❤️🧡💛💚💙💜🖤🤍💖
                                 O.Os   / A.As / Ideas 
                           Warning:  Finicky Muse Ahead!

desert ashes

Just then the stage lights flickered and then went out, the stage pitched into darkness.  There were collective gasps and shuffling -- near the back a small scuffle could be heard -- and yet when the lights came up minutes later, the only evidence of any possible mishap was a discarded knife kicked near the edge of the stage.

The Producer was doing their job well... but would that make it harder or easier for the remaining Understudies to be revealed?

Cast and Crew
Aiden
Ali012281
Aludiana of the Dusk
Imogen
Josietta
Kyrsa
Marguerite
Remiel
Revenent
rottenaim
Saku
Valerian

Still Voting: Aiden, Ali012281, Aludiana of the Dusk, Imogen, Josietta, Kyrsa, Marguerite, Remiel, Revenent, rottenaim, Saku, Valerian

Call Backed: 7 Thespians, 1 Producer, 1 Stage Manager, 1 Props Manager, 2 Understudies

make me forget
how to breathe

leave me with the
taste of your sin

Saku

Saku looked over at the director when she heard her name being called. A wave of shyness rushed throughout her and she was unable to respond quickly. As a result, Josi was able to respond before she could. Biting her lip, she watched as the other woman set off to check up on Imogen. Ahh one chance lost to do something good but it didn't matter, there were always more chances that would appear in the future. And she didn't really want to be known in this particular play, after all she was a beginner and only wanted a small role. Any more than that and she would probably freak out and forget her lines.

Darkness consumed the stage area a second later and Saku screeched, disliking the darkness intensely. She didn't mind it when she knew it was going to be dark but when it went out unexpectedly it took her a few seconds to gather herself together. Saku dropped to the floor and curled herself up into a ball as she waited for the lights to come back on again, squeezing her eyes shut. Someone should say something once the lights were back and then she would open her eyes.
I'm back!

Remiel

During the darkness, footsteps approached the prone Saku.  Then, she felt a hand on her shoulder, which no doubt caused her to panic even more.  But the lights came on, and it was only Remiel.

"It's okay," he consoled her.  "It's just me.  I think one of the remaining Understudies tried to claim another victim, but was unsuccessful."

He lingered long enough to help her to her feet, and then he turned to the rest of the cast.  "Clearly, anyone who did not vote for Leorobin last round is now suspect.  Marguerite, I think you need to explain why you were so keen to protect him."

Poetic Fury

Ali froze when the lights went out, curling more into her chair as she listened to the scuffle in the dark.  When the lights came up her gaze fell on the abandoned knife at the edge of the stage.  She swore softly under her breath, dropping the partially eaten Red Vine onto the seat beside her, having utterly lost her appetite. 

Hearing Remiel's words, Ali shivered and glanced around the room.  Two faces were missing and she was starting to wonder if Imogen was showcasing the Lady who doth protested too much.  She reserved her speculations for now, wanting to hear what Marguerite said prior to casting judgment on the rest.

"Seduce my mind and you can have my body.
Find my soul and I'm yours forever."
-Anonymous

Aiden

"I find no fault in Remiel's logic, I to want to know why Marguerite sought to protect him and his treacherous ways so."

Marguerite

Marguerite yawned and stretched as she looked at the voting boards. "I voted for Imogen to even out the scores and leave it to someone else to vote. However, do not think me another understudy. You can vote for moi all you like but you will only end up getting rid of someone who is trying to help." Marguerite shrugged and was in the mood of not really caring. Sooner or later people's numbers were up and because she voted at the last second, she was going to pay for it. Such a damn shame but at least she had a clear conscience.
*R.R*A.A*O.O*Wiki*Bordello*Whip and Apple*
You Keep On Crying, Baby, I'll Bleed You Dry
Mar Is Currently: Taking On Threads
Check My Absence Thread For Updates, Thank You

desert ashes

Cast and Crew
Kyrsa (1) - Revenent
Marguerite (2) - Remiel, Aiden
Aiden
Ali012281
Aludiana of the Dusk
Imogen
Josietta
Remiel
Revenent
rottenaim
Saku
Valerian

Still Voting: Ali012281, Aludiana of the Dusk, Imogen, Josietta, Kyrsa, Marguerite, rottenaim, Saku, Valerian

Call Backed: 7 Thespians, 1 Producer, 1 Stage Manager, 1 Props Manager, 2 Understudies
make me forget
how to breathe

leave me with the
taste of your sin

Imogen

Imogen smiled wanly at Josi. "I'm alright", she said. "A little shaken up, but that goes for all of us. Thank you for coming to look for me, I'm afraid my nerves got the better of me." She shook her head. "I want to play in this production too, but kill for a part? Only a maniac would do something so evil."

She sipped from a glass of water. A bit of color returned to her cheeks and soon she found herself read to rejoin the others. Giving Josi a grateful smile she caught Remiel's words as she returned. "I don't know if it was Marguerite; there were several who voted for me, but without anything else to go on I can't think of anyone else."
[tr][td]
[/td]
[td][/td]
[td][/td]
[td][/td]
[/tr][/table]

Revenent

Revenent had just barely recovered from the first stressful round of condemning someone without any actual evidence, and now they were already at it again? Sighing, the young actor leaned forward and tried to calm himself to a reasonable level before he placed his vote. No point acting overly nervous and making everyone think he was guilty.

"Kyrsa," is all he said, not stating his reasons, though he clearly had them. Earlier, she had latched on with those who voted for Imogen, who he believed was innocent, with little reason or thought. He wasn't sure of it, but then again, they were all shooting blindly at the moment.

Remiel

"Mind you, I'm not entirely certain it was Marguerite," he felt it necessary to point out.  "Aludiana would probably be my second choice.  All we know for sure is that the only people we can (probably) trust are those who voted for Leorobin, since a single vote could have swayed the outcome."

Saku

Feeling a hand on her shoulder in the darkness made her nearly jump a foot in the air. But then the lights came on and she saw that the hand belonged to Remiel. Not someone who would hurt her, after all he had brought her to this place. Saku nodded when Remiel told her that it was just him and explained what had just gone on. "Mmm. I feel guilty for not voting for Leorobin. But I was unsure all around. This time I hope I won't make the same mistake." She said and looked over at Marguerite, wondering why Remiel had picked her. Shouldn't she follow what her friend did? After all, he had voted for Leorobin. It made sense to her to follow his lead since he had been one of the ones who had exposed the identity of the Understudy.
I'm back!