There's got to be more than this ( Friends gaining freedom)

Started by Bekah Boo, January 19, 2018, 08:23:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bekah Boo

Just a rough idea for now;
The gist of this idea is about a group of friends from a small town, the typical sort of theme of the mundane lifestyle that was content by those born and raised generation through generation but these kids can't take it anymore. It's a suffocating experience, a fact of life it's said,the sheer amount of oppression of creativity and over expression highly frowned upon and otherwise a dead end sort of town where dreams come to die.Yet for these group of teenagers they find themselves unable to cope any longer with the one horse town, being considered the 'black sheep' of the simplistic area and doing what they could to simply busy their time and efforts to forget the lingering dread of being stuck in the never ending rut like their parents and classmates around them.

It takes only one jarring event, one last push before the once half hearted threat of escaping from this town becomes more than simply a wish; it becomes a reality and one that in hind sight perhaps should have been better thought out. Though after the initial plunge and excitement wears off reality begins to sink in little by little, how would they be able to live? Would they stay together? What sort of hardships do they experience?

It's a rough idea but I'm looking to see if there is any interest in playing a sort of slice of life, struggle to survive, story and one that would be more so focused on character growth than anything.
I was thinking the ages would range from at least 17- to 20 at most, as depending on how many are interested I may expand it more.'
So let me know what you all think, and post any questions you have below ;3

Sumara

I'm definitely liking this idea!  Though I personally would enjoy it more with an anime flavor to it than a realistic one (primarily because I enjoy using reference pics for my characters but I have a strict non-use of real life people as the basis for characters, it's a personal morals thing).  It sounds like you want it to be nitty gritty and realistic though...
On/Off Scroll

Due to life right now, I'm not able to rp atm.  My recent illness has caused all kinds of problems and I need to spend time correcting them.  I hope to be back soon!