Fiasco [RPG game] Interest Check

Started by Innocence, October 26, 2015, 02:52:28 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ron Don Volante

I shall burn a six for a "Need To Get Out"
My character and plot repository

Feel free to PM me if you'd like to chat about my or your characters, plots, your work or anything that interests you.

Innocence

Hi everyone. Just letting you all know there is something wrong with my computer so I will be slow to reply these days.
Ron, could you let me know who you are linking your need with? Thanks.

Ron Don Volante

Linking with you. And since I am Mister IT if you need help with your computer just ask.

Feel free to PM me if you'd like to chat about my or your characters, plots, your work or anything that interests you.

Innocence

Thanks for clarifying Ron. The computer seems to be working at the moment, but it was lagging and freezing a lot.  Ended up having to reformat the computer a few times.

Sorry for the absence over the weekend, I have a lot of things planned for this next week ahead.  (All of November actually)
I'll take a 6 and decide that Faeli and I need to get away 'from the cops' =]
Coz that makes things more fun. 

Once we have finish setting up, I'll create a IC roleplay thread.
Would everyone like for me to make a profile sheet for us to fill in for our characters or do you want to just go with the flow?
Also, if everyone could let me know these basic things about their characters:

Character's name || Gender || Age

Faeli

Well then, I'ma going to be taking a 3 and declaring that the cabin that I set up last time is actually Cabin 13, which is supposedly haunted.

Also:  Brit Jelsibe || Female || 22

RedEve

Who is up?

Also, which archetype do we play, Faeli?
"I don't have a dirty mind, I have a sexy imagination."
My ons and offs- My F-list

Faeli

Okay, well here is what I'm thinking, and let me know if you wanna do something else.

Brit and <Eve> have been friends for awhile.  Brit, however, is a bit of a social outcast, coming from a broken home, and has always been somewhat self-conscious about it.  <Eve> likely knew Brit before the falling out occured, and so they have remained friends, but Brit has always felt somewhat inadequate.  This has led Brit to always feel like she doesn't really measure up (whether <Eve> has actually taken a dominant role in the friendship is up to you, Brit at least will act as the sycophant :P)

However, recently, Brit's slow decline into the darker aspects took an abrupt nosedive when she found herself and a gang of other hoodrats picking on a preppy kid.  The kid tried to fight back and ended up getting knifed by one of the gang, and Brit found herself as an accessory as she went into hiding.  This was also about the time she ran into Blake (Innocence), who also ended up as an accessory.  Brit, for all her posturing, was NOT built for murder and Blake ended up having to do what she could to reassure and comfort her, which of course led to their secret lesbian relationship AND their fleeing from the cops.

Brit had already agreed to come with <Eve> out to the camp and Blake thought it was a GREAT place to lay low, so the two of them showed up to help get the camp ready.

Now, of course, I haven't established why <wander> and <Volante> are out here... and both Eve and Innocence can modify my backstory as they want, but I figured I'd get the ball rolling

It is also Eve's turn to use her final die :)

Ron Don Volante

Saraswati (Sara) Vikatakavi || Female || 31

Saraswati (known by most non-Indian people as Sara) is a full fledged lawyer who hasn't been able to find a job in nearly a year after getting laid off her previous miserable job as an associate in a terrible real estate law firm which led to enough stress to wreck her marriage for good. She was estranged from her parents after marrying a woman (Blake [Innocence]) but she's rebuilt her relationship with her father somewhat now that she is divorced but her mother still refuses to talk to her. Forced to live with her brother and his family and on dwindling savings and unemployment she jumps at the opportunity to run a summer camp especially when her high school friend [wander] is involved. Sure Blake[Innocence] is also involved but the divorce was (mostly, sorta, kinda) amicable. Besides after years of high stress attorney, running a camp will be easy as 1-2-3.

RedEve

Faeli

Quote from: RedEve on November 02, 2015, 06:28:58 AM
So only a 6 is left now?

It appears that a 1, a 3, and a 6 are all still available

wander

Franco Gallo || Male || 30

Franco is an old high school friend to Sara, raised as a fairly devout Catholic Italian-American, it may come as a surprise to find him so accepting of Sara being interested in men and women... However Franco has always thought the power of love to be one of the strongest forces in the world. He has come to the Camp with the group and thanks to Sara he has a reason to stick around, partly in support of Sara given that Blake will also be in attendance. This however is just a front. What Franco is hiding is that an older relative of his was involved in a string of murders 20 years ago and with nothing but a map to guide him he is going to try and cover up what his family left half-finished. As his career is hitting the strides to celebrity, it's time to clean all the skeletons from his closet... <Eve> has their own link to this string of murders and Franco has decided they're in this together and they're gonna do this together...

Just waiting on Eve to use her last die and I'll pick up mine. :)

Ron Don Volante

Just an fyi Sara is bisexual just in case that matters.

wander

Yep, I edited that in my bio after the initial misunderstanding. :)

Just waiting on Eve's turn now.

RedEve

Quote from: Faeli on November 02, 2015, 06:39:05 AM
It appears that a 1, a 3, and a 6 are all still available

In that case, I'm choosing a need.
Using another 6 for "to get out"

wander

Okay, I will use the 3 strategically and not step on anyone's toes by picking the Location of 'The Lake'.

That leaves the 1 with Ron to decide where it's going to go. :)

Ron Don Volante

We'll use the last 1 to give the Lake a "rickety lifeguard tower" and I think that's it.

Faeli

Quote from: Ron Don Volante on November 02, 2015, 06:03:09 PM
We'll use the last 1 to give the Lake a "rickety lifeguard tower" and I think that's it.

FYI, the last die is Wild, so it actually could be any number you wanted it to be

Ron Don Volante

Thanks Faeli. In that case I'll use it as a 5 and add "Of the downward spiral my life has been" with my "Need To Get Out." Hopefully I did that right.

Faeli

Alright!  Sounds like we're just about done.

I think we still need to figure out why Innocence and I are keeping our relationship a secret.  Possibly something in a prenup about all assets going to the person who DIDN'T cheat in the event of infidelity, and Ron and Innocence still not being OFFICIALLY divorced?

Once that is decided, we'll start on the first round.  Typically, Fiasco is played as a series of scenes but, since scenes often involve only two of the players, I think it is likely a good idea to run all five of our scenes in five different threads at the same time, so no one gets bored :)

Ron Don Volante

I love the idea of MC and Innocence are still not technically divorced. Also I have the gut feeling that Sara wouldn't cheat but we'll see ^_^

wander

Yeah, the idea of Faeli and Innocence keeping their relationship a secret because of the prenup and not actually being divorced is awesome and perfect for a Fiasco to occur!  XD

Thumbs up from me!

I think running the scenes concurrently is a fair idea, though timeline wise it could get messy. I think having the OOC open for people to discuss who is going to write with who and have open discuss on a scene as it unfolds, what outcome people are going to pass to the scene may be better, as it still keeps the others involved, though as a fandom audience discussing the intracacies of the story as it progresses, becoming fans of the characters as they develop. Part of the way Fiasco can run so smooth is that one scene generally leads into the next and works off what is established before. Running scenes at the same time means we lose that and inspiration is lessened some, IMO at least.

Innocence

Just letting you guys know that I am working overtime this week and attending a PD session today, so I won't be able to update the ooc thread until the weekend.

Really sorry for my delay.

Innocence

Hi everyone!!!
So the OOC thread has been updated and your characters have been put up next to your names + link to image.
Red has informed me that they are going on a mini vacay.

So at this stage I'd like to establish with everyone where each character thinks they would want to start off in the roleplay.

In regards to Blake, I would like to believe that she and Saraswati were in love at some point in their relationship =] But it seems like Sara's family wasn't very supportive of their relationship.  I think Blake would have probably been raised by two gay dads and is a lot more carefree in life.  So Blake probably didn't like Sara's family so much since they didn't support them.  This would perhaps play into why their relationship fell apart.  Sort of like Blake telling Sara 'You don't need those people in your life!' and Sara stating 'Those people are my family!'

I've also decided that Blake should be a social worker/youth counselor.   This is probably how she knows Brit.  Perhaps Blake and Brit knew each other when Brit was still considered a minor, and Blake had tried several times to reach out to Brit with varying degrees of success.  Over time they developed strong feelings for each other, another reason why perhaps they want to keep their relationship a secret.  Anyway, so after Brit's 'incident' with the preppy kid, Blake helped to cover things up.  Because she's a youth worker, Blake has worked at many camps, and Camp Clearwater just happened to be the one she was going to be at for her next job.  It's a good thing Brit and Sara also know people at the camp, but Blake may or may not know those connections.

What do you guys think of my backstory so far?

Also, I think Blake and Brit would be arriving at the camp together and Blake would probably use the backstory that she's 'in charge' of Brit as part of her work as an excuse to always be by her side. 

Faeli

Sounds good to me Innocence, take care of me!  ^^

Ron Don Volante

Sounds good to me Innocence! Poor gals relationships are tough >.<

BTW is anyone watching the new season of the TV Show Fargo? So much great inspiration there!

Edit: Also Sara is divorcing Felicia Day?! She must be screwed up in the head!