Recruiting: high scale Pathfinder, Taldor, aka Byzantium focused

Started by Kolbrandr, June 02, 2013, 03:46:12 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kolbrandr

You could in fact go for trying to build a more major house really, there have been some fairly high scale concepts some people have been slowly puttering away at. And if it would be easier on your concept to be the granddaughter of the head of the house you're putting together, that's fine really, just remember then you don't really get any huge or guaranteed say in how it runs itself/what it does with its resources/so forth.

Phaia

Quote from: Kolbrandr on July 07, 2013, 12:28:01 AM
You could in fact go for trying to build a more major house really, there have been some fairly high scale concepts some people have been slowly puttering away at. And if it would be easier on your concept to be the granddaughter of the head of the house you're putting together, that's fine really, just remember then you don't really get any huge or guaranteed say in how it runs itself/what it does with its resources/so forth.

lol of course not she is female  ;) so what do i do with the followers gotten from leadership...considerf them part of the oppara estate? they have one though nothing compared to other houses

check out what i have done here and let me know https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=177798.0

at botte, as house castilla

phaia

Kolbrandr

You would basically consider them your personal retinue and whatever followers you have assembled off your own steam/efforts as part of whatever your shtick is.

To use an npc example, like Helena Branas and her band of raiders, for instance.

Phaia

i know it was addressed someplace but cant find it

can we have a specail mount as cohort..house castilla has hippogriff riders and was thinking my character could be one...they are normally flow by members of the mouse and a few others that bond with thm

phaia

Kolbrandr

You can have a monstrous mount as a cohort, yes. Something like a hippogriff is fine indeed for that. I haven't really read your house writeup indepth to otherwise comment though.

Muse

Hi, Kol, I've been kind of out of it since my surgery.  We're still going, right? 
A link for all of us who ever had a shouting match with our muse: http://www.ted.com/talks/elizabeth_gilbert_on_genius.html

How to set this Muse ablaze (O/Os)

When the little angel won't appear no matter how many plum blossoms you swirl:  https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=135346.msg16474321#msg16474321 (Major update 5/10/2023)

RubySlippers

I hope so the longer this takes I'm not so sure.  :-\

Kolbrandr

We're still going, yes. There are people still working on their concepts and sheets besides. I mentioned early on that I wanted to take a fair bit of time with setup so that people wouldn't feel discouraged to build something more involved if they wanted to do so.

RubySlippers

kckolbe

Yeah, no rush here at all.  In early September I'll be moving overseas.
Ons/Offs  A/A  Oath of the Drake
(From the Penis Game) Dr. Strangelove or: How I Learned to Stop Worrying and Love the Penis
I love a wet nymph.  "Letting some guy have [her] just to have another woman is a losing trade"

Buffy: The Vampire Slayer(IC#2)
Intro Thread

Nataleigh

I'm still working on my character backstory... Kol is helping a lot in PMs. xD

ALMOST READY.
I'm BACK from vacation! <3 <3 <3

We need more teachers and students at St. Jude! Please join! <3

Muse

Here's some mechanics for Narcius. 

Sometimes his eyes glow blue.  (He has permanent arcane sight.) 

http://www.myth-weavers.com/sheetview.php?sheetid=596635
A link for all of us who ever had a shouting match with our muse: http://www.ted.com/talks/elizabeth_gilbert_on_genius.html

How to set this Muse ablaze (O/Os)

When the little angel won't appear no matter how many plum blossoms you swirl:  https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=135346.msg16474321#msg16474321 (Major update 5/10/2023)

Ebb

House Tjorgrim has now been detailed:

"A family originating from an Ulfen Guardsman managing to claim the hand of a senator's daughter as his prize on retiring, and founding a family from there. A rare martial family amidst the bureaucratic senate, the Tjorgrim like to see themselves as the Senate's champions and guardians. Standing in the way of that is half the senate viewing them as upjumped half barbarian boors."

https://elliquiy.com/wiki/House_Tjorgrim

Nataleigh

Here's my character... AND WHAT A BACKSTORY :P

If you have any suggestions or problems, lemme know. Kol said I can roll her to be lvl10. Gotta get to work on that now. xD

Spoiler: Click to Show/Hide
Name: Laurel Garan.

Class: Witch/Ranger.

Alignment: Lawful Neutral.

Appearance: Tall, pale-skinned, and eerily beautiful, Laurel has one blue eye and the other purple, making some wonder if she's a descendant of Azlant. Her raven-black hair is very long, and she often braids it up into interesting hairdos. She is slender in form, with ample curves in the bust and hip. She is 19 years old.

Personal Goals: Be a good person, by following her code. Ignore the call to seek out her origins. Ignore the compulsion to discover the source of her powers. Protect the Verduran Forest. Protect her family.

Organizations: Works with the druids of the Wildwood Lodge. Serves as an intermediary between them and Taldor, when she isn't hunting or protecting gnomish loggers from fey attacks. In her work, she has fostered ties with Taldor through her affiliation with Lords Stylian and Bardanes of House Branas.

Childhood:

Laurel was born from the uncommon and unfortunate union between a hag and her human lover. As such, being a changeling, she was abandoned by her mother on a doorstep in the merchant harbor of Cassomir, left to the favor of whoever found her. Luckily, the couple who lived there fell in love with her, raising her as their own. For the first seven years, life was like a fairytale for her. Her parents taught her right from wrong, she had several siblings to play with, and the world was a place of wonder for her.

Then the rumors started. People would comment on how dark her hair was, or how pale she was even when she spent all day outside. Most often, they would comment on her mismatched eyes. They called her a freak before she even knew what the word meant, and the murmurs of the adults were only heightened by the cruelty of the children. By the time she was ten, she didn't have friends anymore. Only her siblings. When she went out, the adults shunned her, barely speaking to her more than they absolutely had to. The other kids ignored her, or bullied her, even when her older brother threatened to beat them for it. Only the loving support of her family kept her going. Her parents would tell her she had one purple eye because she had Azlanti blood, something Taldor held in esteem. They told her she was pale because she didn't go out in the sunlight often enough. They never told her she wasn't their flesh and blood, but somehow she knew.

To keep her out of trouble, as well as making her feel more useful, she began going hunting with her father, a ranger. She learned how to track and kill all manner of sport, from fowl and rabbits to deer and bears. Spending long days out with her father in the wilderness calmed her heart, and made the next few years tolerable for her. It also made her quite the loner, much happier on her own than in Cassomir. Sometimes, when hunting at night, she noticed she didn't need a lamp like her father did to see tracks or animals in the shadows nearby. This was her first inkling that, as well as not being their daughter, she had skills normal people just didn't have.

Puberty:

Most thirteen-year-old girls only have to worry about boys, hormones, and feminine hygiene. Laurel had to bear with that and an awful alien feeling that would come over her late at night. Sometimes it would wake her up. It was a hypnotic call, a spiritual voice that beckoned her to travel and seek her true origins. It was a tantalizing offer, especially with how she was being treated by the townspeople. She was nearly swayed to follow it, enough that she packed up what little belongings she owned in the middle of the night and headed into the forest to begin the journey.

Once there, however, she reconsidered. The town may have been less-than-kind to her, but her family wasn't. Her family had been good to her. She couldn't just leave them like this. So instead, she decided to stay in the forest and began to fend for herself, traveling back to Cassomir only to visit her loved ones. Before long, she was taken in by the druids of the Wildwood Lodge. It was with them that she learned of the Green Faith and began meditating to silence the call that still tormented her. It was the only thing that helped. She became a devout follower, finally feeling a connection to something bigger than herself. She made the code of the druids her code, and would do anything they asked of her.

One day, while meditating in the forest, Laurel communed with the unknown. Even today she isn't sure how it happened, but she made a pact with some otherworldly force. Almost immediately after, she encountered her familiar and took the first steps necessary to becoming a witch. She never looked back.

More Recently:

These days, Laurel is still pretty reclusive. Living deep in the forest, she's become quite good with the bow, and has been mastering her spells. The six-year isolation has left her with less-than-perfect people skills, but her unnatural beauty has opened a lot of doors her mouth couldn't find the words for. She helps control fey attacks on gnomish loggers, and has built a strange but beneficial relationship with a few people from House Branas.

More specifically, she's become one of the intermediaries between the druids and Taldor, and in her official dealings, she became close with Lord Bardanes Branas. A kind man, the two bonded over his love of gardening and her love of nature. Both of them had found peace from their personal torments by working with the land, and so she would often visit his self-made gardens just to chat with the old veteran as he worked.

It was during one of those visits that she also met the family's prodigal son, Stylian "Mad Jack" Branas, a man with insane laughter and a penchant for causing trouble for the Andorans who try to pillage the forest. They immediately hit it off. For the good of the forest, she'd do anything, so she's been helping him sabotage several Andoran lumber camps during the night. She would never admit it, of course. She was just doing what she needed to do. And so, a tentative friendship was formed between the recluse and the wild man.

Even her relationship with the town of Cassomir got better, now that she came in the name of the druids. Things were finally going her way. But she still felt the call, not as loudly as when it first started, but it still pricked at the back of her mind late at night. And as she learned more about what she was, how she was born, and the magics she now commanded, she began to wonder where her powers came from. Whom on the other side she'd actually made the pact with to get them. What their agenda was. Was it someone, or something, evil that fueled her might? Was she destined to be influenced by evil, just like her hag mother? No. She wasn't like her. She would never be like her.

Just as quickly as she started pondering the possibilities, Laurel chose to ignore it. Ignore the call. Ignore where her powers come from. Just shut it out and forget about it. It was a decision fueled by fear, but she was determined to use what she had been given for the good of the forest she called home. That, and to be a good person by her own standards. She had her code now, and she followed it. She intended to prove that to anyone who questioned it.

kckolbe

(From the Penis Game) Dr. Strangelove or: How I Learned to Stop Worrying and Love the Penis
I love a wet nymph.  "Letting some guy have [her] just to have another woman is a losing trade"

Intro Thread

Nataleigh

kckolbe

So, if you aren't going to do a cohort, are you planning on something special for animal companion/familiar?

Intro Thread

Nataleigh

Well, I did read about being able to make animal companions sentient... I may see what I can do with that... then they'll act just like cohorts.

kckolbe

Kol is pretty good at helping players get what they want if they aren't too demanding.  Given that you aren't taking advantage of the free followers and cohort, I think he can make something work.

Intro Thread

Meliai

Actually I believe that if you make your animal companion sapient (via the Awakening spell I assume?) you then have to take Leadership and make them your cohort in order to keep them on.

Nice character by the way Nataleigh :-) One of my cohorts is a changeling too, might bug you about giving them some sort of character tie if you don't mind
    {{A/As updated 5/8}}           

Nataleigh

I wouldn't mind at all. :) WE CHANGELINGS MUST STICK TOGETHER. ;)

Yeah, but thats a good reason to take leadership. ;P

kckolbe

Your char already has the leadership feat.  It was a gift to all of us.

Intro Thread

Nataleigh

Kolbrandr

You get leadership for free if you want it, yes. If that means you want to rethink some kind of cohort or not, or intelligent animal or otherwise, just let me know.

EroticFantasyAuthor

I apologize for the indecisiveness but I am having trouble deciding how best to approach backstory/faction posting.

Full disclosure would indeed be easiest and simple.

But at the same time it might be best if I held back some information(keeping it DM only or as revealed through campaign progression). Which could end up being rather cool.

For reference, what is everyone else doing? I'm guessing full disclosure.