Whose Keys? (A Key Party Game!) - [CLOSED]

Started by Kitsunetsuki, July 25, 2010, 10:09:54 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kitsunetsuki

Whose Keys?    

Setting: 1970's era, preferably - up to present day

Type/Area: small group game; Light to NC

Characters: would need at least 3-5 couples to make the game work well...I'd like to fill the ladies' slots first, actually. So, the number of couples will depend on how many ladies are interested in playing along. ;) Once we get that squared away, we can decide on how to pair off with "husbands" or "boyfriends". Ideally, I would like people who normally write at least one-two big paragraphs for posts. It would throw the game off to have really dissimilar styles of writing. Men, feel free to toss your hat in the ring, but ultimately, the ladies will decide whether you will play. Reason being, we will end up with at least two of you, and we will have no choice who we get for the key party portion of the game.

Basic description: It's a Key Party! (I looked and couldn't find any key party games...colour me shocked!!) Basically, you have a normal party, at the end of the night, all the men's keys go in a bag (or fishbowl) and are extracted by the ladies. The women then are supposed to go with whichever man belongs to the keys she takes out (NOT her "husband"/"boyfriend")...

Plot: A number of couples are all friends with each other and get together every year, for the weekend, at a beach house (location: wherever...I'm not picky). The first night is "normal" with the hostess (me) throwing a party, everyone interacts (There would be one main IC thread, and then separate threads for after they pair off.) & has fun. The second night is when the key party happens. Now, it's not planned, so someone will have to suggest it (or perhaps the men will plot it?) or something. Anyway, the second night, is a second party, everyone having fun, the key party is suggested & things go from there.

Plot twists/tension: For a good story, it would be fun if there were at least 1 or 2 men or women who were the jealous type, or who were doing this only to please their mate. Therefore the sex would (or could) be NC...or at the very least, unwelcome at first, but then enjoyed later on. If you've ever seen the movie The Ice Storm, then you've seen a key party in action. Also! To really, REALLY make it interesting, no one is to know who they end up with at the end of the night until it comes time to fish for keys!

How it would work: To make the choices, we would use the site's DiceBot with a big die (500-1000 sides if the group is big enough) - everyone would roll, and the ones who are closest to each other in number, end up with each other. Example: Male A rolls 200; Male B rolls 109; Male C rolls 562; Male D rolls 2; Female A rolls 10; Female B rolls 612; Female C rolls 267; Female D rolls 84. Pairings would go as such: Male A + Female C; Male B + Female D; Male C + Female B; Male D + Female A. Obviously, this is an ideal, and it may not work that well on the first set of rolls. However, just as a woman may end up drawing her husband's keys, she would have to toss them back (i.e. re-roll the DiceBot) to get another number. The men would roll first, of course, and they would not re-roll. Once their numbers are set, that's it.

Additional notes: I mentioned earlier that I'd like to keep one IC thread, and then separate threads for the pairings. However! There is a limit on the number of threads Small Group games can make (based on the number of players). So, I'd like some suggestions as to whether we should make the additional threads based on the men or the women. Example: Whose Keys IC Thread; Whose Keys - John's Room; Whose Keys - Bill's Room; etc. I think this makes the most sense since it is the women who are shifting around. But, again, please toss suggestions my way! I'm always open to them & am willing to do whatever to make sure everyone has a fun game.

The one point I'd like to stress is that this game has an ending!! It is not one of those games that just keeps going. I'd consider re-vamping it (for another weekend ;) hehe) later on. But, I want to make sure it's successful the first go 'round. Which means, it WILL end once everyone has "left" the beach house. :P

If I think of anything else, I'll add it. If you have any questions, leave them here or PM me with them. I will get to them either later today or tomorrow. Thanks so much for reading through all this - I appreciate it! Have fun out there, kids ;)

~Kit
[tr]
[td]
O.Os~A.As (around but not seeking)
Ideas (up-to-date)
Poetry~Singing~Wiki~Characters
How the men of Elliquiy have ruined me[/td][/tr][/table]

Kitsunetsuki

Cast of Players

Ladies
Kit
Amelia
Idachan
Aviva
    Gentlemen
Madtheos
zoarster
NotoriusBEN
Corvus

(In no particular order, pairings to be determined later)
[tr]
[td]
Ideas (up-to-date)

The Clown Prince

Sounds like an interesting idea. I'll throw my name, and keys, into the hat.
O/O           Clown's Thoughts              The Clown has Escaped!
I have sworn the Oath of Drake! :o

Kitsunetsuki

Quote from: Madtheos on July 25, 2010, 10:59:28 AM
Sounds like an interesting idea. I'll throw my name, and keys, into the hat.
Wonderful!! As I mentioned, the ladies will vote in the gentlemen, but I can assure you, you have my vote ;) hehe...Thanks, darlin'!
[tr]
[td]
Ideas (up-to-date)

Wolfy

zoarster

I'm in... with the ladies' consent ;)

Also, are we setting a certain date to "close" signups?

Idachan

Oooh, I get to play seventies fabulous? I'm on my knees asking pwease to let me play.

senshi32

NotoriusBEN

Kitsunetsuki

I'm outta here for a bit, but I wanted to make two notes:

1. Since some feel it might not be fair to let the ladies vote on who gets in, I will make the final decision myself...my game, my rules...

2. if you were invited by me, you are in...unless the game becomes too full...then we'll see... :P

Thanks,

~Kit
[tr]
[td]
Ideas (up-to-date)

Aviva

Back from a very long break.

On and Offs

Story Ideas

vin26m

This is a great idea!

I have come to hate group games but you have a solid plan in mind.  The random factor seems like it would be a lot of fun.

I'm interested enough that I would follow the thread(s) even if I'm not a character.

Would you go farther and make it a... costume party?  Maybe each couple shares a theme, then the themes cross over when the keys are exchanged.

Some Spin the Bottle would be a nice icebreaker.

Maybe at the end there could be a prize for the best male and female.

Kitsunetsuki

Ok, I'm back for a bit! I've updated the Cast...

Wolfy, senshi32 & vin26m - I will need a little time to look over your O/Os, posts, etc. to make a decision...

I will leave this thread open for another 12 hrs (or thereabouts), in case we get another female party interested. (Max will be 5 couples, period.)

Quote from: vin26m on July 25, 2010, 03:20:57 PM
Would you go farther and make it a... costume party?  Maybe each couple shares a theme, then the themes cross over when the keys are exchanged.

Some Spin the Bottle would be a nice icebreaker.

Maybe at the end there could be a prize for the best male and female.
No, I don't think I'd want to make a costume party with this one...I actually have a costume party idea, but that one will be starting soon elsewhere :P

All of the characters should be in their mid to late 20's...so, no to Spin the Bottle (sorry! hehe)

Anyway, thanks to everyone for expressing interest. I will keep an eye on this thread & lock it up when the final decision(s) have been made. At which point, I'll make an OOC thread & PM those playing w/the link so we can discuss particulars.

Thanks again, and do not hesitate to PM me if you have any questions or concerns.

~Kit
[tr]
[td]
Ideas (up-to-date)

Kitsunetsuki

Final choices have been made. Thanks to all who expressed interest. I will PM those involved shortly & get our OOC thread up later today. If I didn't select you for this game, please accept my apologies. I will keep you in mind if there's a second go 'round. ;)

Thanks again!

~Kit
[tr]
[td]
Ideas (up-to-date)