Council of Dreams (LGBTQ friendly) - Freeform Mage based game - Still Recruiting

Started by Caehlim, September 28, 2014, 02:39:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

HopeFox

Quote from: Caehlim on October 05, 2014, 12:46:38 AM
I've created an approved character thread. The following characters are approved and can be placed in there.

Hooray! I'm still working on Scavenger, mind you - I might juggle her Arcana around a little bit before it's finalised, and I'm still adding background and things.

QuoteThere's also now an Out of Character chat thread as well.

Excellent! I'll start talking character stuff there. Do you also want to make a separate thread for GM announcements and questions for the GM, if the OOC chat thread is primarily for players organising things amongst themselves?

QuoteJust finally, thankyou everyone for helping eachother out and chatting about the lore while I was busy over the last day or two. It's great to see.

You're welcome! I just hope I'm not overstepping my bounds in doing so - please feel free to say "I know that's what the books say, but that's not how we're doing it" at any time.

Oh, another question - will there be opportunities to learn more Arcana dots later? There are some Mind 3 or 4 spells that Scavenger will need to be able to cast later as she becomes a more experienced and important envoy to the Astral Plane, but I don't want her to start with too much Mind right now, when there are other Mind-focused characters in the game (and I don't want to lower her Matter or Death to buy more Mind yet either).
If you're such an iconoclast, where were you when we trashed Constantinople?

MrAlanNH

Quote from: HopeFox on October 04, 2014, 10:54:22 AM
I do notice that we already have two Free Council Moros with Adept Matter, though, so if anyone feels that this character would be stepping on their toes too much, I'll happily submit one of my other concepts first.

Speaking for myself, I don't feel you are stepping on my toes.  Our characters' approaches and outlooks are different enough that it shouldn't be a problem.

Lockepick

Posted Mare in the approved thread -- added the details we discussed about the Sleep of Reason being Demense and the like.
Like what you see? I am currently looking for new plots!

Detailed List of O/Os and Plot Seeds

All of my image links were previously photobucket and broken -- I'm fixing them as I use the avatars again, or for current games. Please let me know if there is something that needs updating!

AndyZ

True Name : Cynthia Penbrooke
Shadow Name : Bouncer
Sex : Female
Gender: More or less female: she hasn't put much thought into it
Classification : Mage
Relationship Status : Unlikely to settle down with a single person

Path : Acanthus
Order : Adamantine Arrows

Height : 5'6"
Weight / Body type : Athletic, C-cup breasts
Hair : Blonde
Skin : Fair
Eyes : Turquoise
Distinguishing Features : Bouncer never wears any jewelry beyond the occasional hair tie.
Standard Clothing : Varies between utilitarian athletic and elegant feminine
Face Claim : Lena Nicole

Likes : Parties, friends, makeup when she feels like putting it on (which is rare), dancing, being praised for her awesome abilities (even when it's pure luck), having fun
Dislikes : People being mean.  She's had to deal enough with it herself and has been known to step in on other people's affairs (which is how she ended up with the Arrows to begin with)

About : Bouncer isn't completely dissuaded by the prospect of hard work, but she's been known to quickly lose interest in anything that didn't come easily to her.  She keeps a goodly amount of money in various investments divined through magical means, and her home has a tree with a tiny Hallow just big enough to let her prepare her spells every day.

Her preferred weapon and magical tool is a Desert Eagle .50, way too big for her but the recoil usually seems to kick up right into her target despite her "poor" aiming.  Her carefree nature doesn't really seem to change in combat; everything just seems to go right for her and wrong for everyone else when her talents are needed.  When absolutely necessary, she's also been known to throw a bit of Celestial Fire.

Reputation : Every Path has its stereotypes.  For the Acanthi, the stereotype is the head-in-the-clouds boy/girl who never takes life seriously, never had to work a day in his/her life and just seems to glide by, to the envy of everyone.  She got her shadow name Bouncer not from any sort of profession but for her tendency to simply bounce through life without a care or concern.

The Adamantine Arrows works best for her not only because of her combat prowess but because she tends to throw herself into other peoples' problems in the name of trying to help.

Sexuality : Bisexual but with a slight preference for females
Player Sexual On's and Offs : https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=102977.0
Character Ons : Toys, restraints, being chased and sought after, being held and cared for, being told that she's a good girl while she's having an orgasm
Character Offs : Anal sex, pain, playing hard to get (when you're actually interested)

Player : AndyZ

Magical knowledge An experienced character can have up to 9 levels in the different types of magic. Younger or more inexperienced characters can be made with less. Sleepwalkers do not possess any magical knowledge at all.

Fate : Adept
Prime : Disciple
Time : Initiate
It's all good, and it's all in fun.  Now get in the pit and try to love someone.

Ons/Offs   -  My schedule and A/As   -    My Avatars

If I've owed you a post for at least a week, poke me.

VonDoom

Sorry, the last couple of days have been incredibly hectic. I'll try and have my character finished soon-ish.
Now this is the Law of the Jungle-
as old and as true as the sky;
And the Wolf that shall keep it may  prosper,
but the Wolf that shall break it must die.

-Rudyard Kipling, "The Law of the Jungle"
O&O

Caehlim

Quote from: VonDoom on October 08, 2014, 12:17:34 AM
Sorry, the last couple of days have been incredibly hectic. I'll try and have my character finished soon-ish.

Perfectly fine, I've been in much the same situation myself.
My home is not a place, it is people.
View my Ons and Offs page.

View my (new)Apologies and Absences thread or my Ideas thread.

marauder13

Well, as you can see, the following is still work in progress, but I wanted to get my name and the idea down for people to have a look at, and for our GM to start thinking about how to (ab)use. If there is anything, apart from the obvious, that needs to be added, changed, etc, please let me know. Also, if someone wants to create a character connection with him, let me know and we can figure something out.

~||~

[*floatright][*img height=350]Insert your image link here[/img][/float]
True Name : Jonathon Prescott
Shadow Name : Bulldog
Sex : Male
Relationship Status : Single

Path : Mastigos
Order : Mysterium

Height : 6'3"
Weight / Body type : Heavy Build
Hair : Dark Brown
Skin : Fair/Lightly tanned
Eyes : Blue
Distinguishing Features :
Standard Clothing : Business Suit
Face Claim :

Likes : Solving mysteries, gathering more knowledge, social activism, cultural pursuits.
Dislikes : Arrogance, deliberate destruction of knowledge & artifacts.

About : Jonathon Prescott from the earliest recollections was someone who asked questions about events, places and people, seemingly never happy with the rote answers given by most people. He would seek the answers to his own questions, which at times got the focal point of his investigations rather annoyed at the very least. But as he grew older, he became more interested in the aspect of justice that could be rendered by those same secrets and discoveries. His going into law was a given, though many suspected he would become a Journalist. He forewent that idea because the editors were too strict for his liking, while in the field of law, he had the means to set his own path, even if that too was somewhat limited.

Most of his money made from his work is spent on procuring various manuscripts and artifacts that he keeps in a personal museum. All the items he has on show are perfectly mundane, and have no connection with the arcane, occult or Supernal, except for those known to be false, or wrong to the point where no real information can be derived from them. He has another store of tomes and artifacts that are, to some degree or other, connected with the Arcane/Occult/Supernal.

Reputation : In the greater public, he is known as a well versed debater of the Law, but he will only take on cases that he desires to work on.

As a Mysterium, he holds true to the general impression Mages have for the order, and does his best to work within the rules dictated, but is not afraid to side step them if he can get away with it.

Sexuality : Heterosexual
Player Sexual On's and Offs : https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=163132.0
Character Ons : Mostly vanilla to start with, but is more than willing to explore
Character Offs : As per player at this stage

Player : marauder13

Magical knowledge An experienced character can have up to 9 levels in the different types of magic. Younger or more inexperienced characters can be made with less. Sleepwalkers do not possess any magical knowledge at all.

Death :
Fate : Apprentice (2)
Forces :
Life :
Matter :
Mind : Disciple (3)
Space : Apprentice (2)
Spirit :
Prime : Initiate (1)
Time : Initiate (1)

~||~

Edit - finished him off, as far as I can tell.

Xanatos

I'm interested if there is still space. I'll need to do a lot of reading (of what you put up), though, as I only know the basics of OWoD Mage, and nothing about the new.

Ryven

I wish I could play in this but I have a horrible track record with group games.

Lockepick

@Ryven: I wish you'd play too! I would posit that usually group games have a horrible track record at you -- not the other way around.
Like what you see? I am currently looking for new plots!

Detailed List of O/Os and Plot Seeds

All of my image links were previously photobucket and broken -- I'm fixing them as I use the avatars again, or for current games. Please let me know if there is something that needs updating!

Ryven

Quote from: lockepick on October 10, 2014, 08:50:40 AM
@Ryven: I wish you'd play too! I would posit that usually group games have a horrible track record at you -- not the other way around.

>.>  Maybe.  I have been pondering a time mage.

Caehlim

Quote from: Ryven on October 10, 2014, 09:15:50 AM
>.>  Maybe.  I have been pondering a time mage.

Love to have you join us, but it's entirely up to you. You're definitely welcome though. :D

Quote from: Xanatos on October 08, 2014, 01:57:41 AM
I'm interested if there is still space. I'll need to do a lot of reading (of what you put up), though, as I only know the basics of OWoD Mage, and nothing about the new.

Still space if you're interested.

Quote from: marauder13 on October 08, 2014, 01:42:59 AM
Well, as you can see, the following is still work in progress, but I wanted to get my name and the idea down for people to have a look at, and for our GM to start thinking about how to (ab)use.

Awesome, let me know once it's finished but everything looks good so far.

Ryven

marauder13

Quote from: Caehlim on October 10, 2014, 10:19:27 AM
Awesome, let me know once it's finished but everything looks good so far.

Well, I have done as much as I can think of. So, as far as I am concerned, he's finished. I edited the post a few up from this.

I shall wait for the GM's green light, then I shall start making connections with other people, places, etc.

Caehlim

Quote from: marauder13 on October 14, 2014, 01:42:23 AM
Well, I have done as much as I can think of. So, as far as I am concerned, he's finished. I edited the post a few up from this.

I shall wait for the GM's green light, then I shall start making connections with other people, places, etc.

Bulldog looks fine, you can move him over to the approved characters forum if you'd like.

Do you have a picture for him?

Angie

I love mage, I am totally willing to make a character for this! Paging Dr. Angelo!

True Name : Erik Seiler
Shadow Name : Angelo
Sex : Male
Relationship Status : Single

Path : Mastigo
Order : Mysterium

Height : 5' 11.5"
Weight / Body type : 212 lbs. O type
Hair : Black
Skin : Light
Eyes : Blue
Distinguishing Features : His hair has a distinctive blonde spot that he usually hides in some fashion (magically or otherwise). He also has a bad habit of biting his nails.
Standard Clothing : Bulk-buy economy t-shirts and pants, likely from Wal-Mart
Face Claim : (Uh, let's wait til I find a decent picture)

Likes : Aiding others, reading good books, writing, and a good cup of tea.
Dislikes : People hurting others for no reason (stop taking my skills for granted, asshole!), and hates people who condemn from ignorance.

About : Angelo was born brilliant. He blew away every class set before him, often having to be taught material from higher grades just to keep from being bored. Upon reaching college, he decided to go into med school. At some point during said med school, he Awakened, although he's rather mum of the details.

After graduating near the top of his class (magic studies take a bit of time away, after all), he came to San Francisco and set up shop, swiftly becoming very skilled in dealing with any kind of wound or ailment that entered his hospital-almost like he's magic or something. Well, he actually IS, but he's not about to say.

Reputation : Mortal Rep: Well known among his coworkers as probably the best doctor there. He's rather humble about it, though.

Magic Rep: His mortal job leaves him with little time to spend on Mysterium business, but the Mysterium does enjoy having another person who can patch up wounds when something goes wrong.

Sexuality : Pansexual
Player Sexual On's and Offs : The only rule is no NC.
Character Ons : Romance, intelligence, and most other vanilla.
Character Offs : Pain, humiliation, anything of that nature is a right turn off.

Player : Angiejuusan

Magical knowledge

Time :
Fate :
Space : 2
Mind : 3
Life : 4
Spirit :
Matter :
Death :
Forces :
Prime :

(Note-I'm pretty much dragging out my old MtA character and changing him a little bit for this. I can even point you to his char sheet if you guys want me to)
Avatar is by Lemonfont. Will remove it if he asks me to.

Come check the Cyberpunk Images Thread!

Caehlim

Angelo looks great, someone who is able to heal others is often quite useful to a consillium. You can move them over to the approved characters thread if you'd like.

I've been a little slow getting things started here, but I'm working on setting up the IC threads at the moment.

marauder13

Quote from: Caehlim on November 06, 2014, 10:14:48 PM
I've been a little slow getting things started here, but I'm working on setting up the IC threads at the moment.

Woohoo! I'm looking forward to this one getting up and moving.

Angie

Caehlim

wander

Hm, I've always wanted to dip my toes in Mage... I might have a look at slipping a character in for this if there are still spaces... :) There's alot to read through, but if I'm good to make a character, I suppose I could slip some time aside for it :)

Caehlim

Quote from: wander on November 07, 2014, 09:12:54 AM
Hm, I've always wanted to dip my toes in Mage... I might have a look at slipping a character in for this if there are still spaces... :) There's alot to read through, but if I'm good to make a character, I suppose I could slip some time aside for it :)

Absolutely, we've still got space.

If you'd like any help with understanding the setting or building a character feel free to ask me any questions you have. I'm happy to help you build a character.

wander

Thanks Cae, should be fine, just alot to read over... If this was any other nwod thing, I'd have characters ready to go... ;)

Caehlim

Okay, so I'm looking at officially starting this game off tomorrow. However this doesn't mean that the recruitment is closed, for anyone considering joining you're welcome to get a character in after things start up and we'll introduce you into the ongoing events.

Angie

Joining in in medias res (hey guys, I know Latin!) is practically a World of Darkness trope.  ;D