Hunters of the Sands (Pathfinder)

Started by Sethala, November 20, 2013, 12:46:55 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sethala

Uh... probably a lot less than that, honestly.  Soo... I may have to end up pruning some people, unfortunately, as I don't think I can manage a massive game very well and don't have the time to run multiple games.

For now though, I'll have everyone give me their ideas and come up with at least a partial sheet, and possibly tomorrow after work or MOnday I'll figure out who to cut, if anyone.

EroticFantasyAuthor

I might go ahead and withdraw then, one of the last to show interest and so far no concepts are really springing to mind. And won't really beable to work on a character until Monday.

Faeli

Yeah, while I have a few ideas floating around, I don't want to get people cut because of me :)

kckolbe

Likewise, just not really committed to a character.  Hopefully I can find something else fun, naughty and nerdy to do with Faeli.
Ons/Offs  A/A  Oath of the Drake
(From the Penis Game) Dr. Strangelove or: How I Learned to Stop Worrying and Love the Penis
I love a wet nymph.  "Letting some guy have [her] just to have another woman is a losing trade"

Buffy: The Vampire Slayer(IC#2)
Intro Thread

Sethala

Ok, after thinking about things a bit...

I'm probably going to go with 6 characters.  If you've got a finished character that's not in the character thread, please post it there so I can look it over.  We definitely need a healer of some sort, however.

ShadowFox89

I do plan on going with a heal-y Oracle. I just need to write everything out.
Call me Shadow
My A/A

Ghostwheel

For what it's worth, I can cover basic healing. Got 500 HP's worth in the wand for use out of combat, and by the time that runs out, hopefully we'll have enough money to cover the cost of another.

ShadowFox89

Like I said, plan on doing some heals. I'll be playing an Ancestor Oracle, so I'll be a combat medic.

What about languages for the setting? Should I worry about getting Linguistics?
Call me Shadow
My A/A

Sethala

Haven't planned out languages, but probably not important at all here.

Zaer Darkwail

Hmmm, I think I back off as I seem not have time to devote to make sheet in time :/. I thought I got it during weekend but I simply got no time.

Faeli

Okay all!  I threw together a character right quick... or at least an outline for a character.  I have to fiddle with her equipment and figure out exactly how much gold I have left, and really gave her the barest outline of a backstory... really more of a personality, but I have to catch a plane in six hours, so hopefully this will be enough to let Miss GM get started :)

Her sheetses!
Spoiler: Click to Show/Hide

Callie Del Noire

I'd like to.. but I keep getting sets like 16, 10,8,9, 11, 15. :(

ShadowFox89

If I may suggest? Maybe to keep things equal, set a point-buy equal to the highest point-buy equivalent that someone has rolled.
Call me Shadow
My A/A

Faeli

Quote from: ShadowFox89 on December 04, 2013, 10:55:07 AM
If I may suggest? Maybe to keep things equal, set a point-buy equal to the highest point-buy equivalent that someone has rolled.
Then what is the point of a rolling?  Stats are only a part of a character and, in my reckoning, the most boring part.

Sure, having high stats can be fun, but overcoming low stats can be just as (if not more) interesting.  The GM's job is to design around the party, so there is no real reason to make everyone hemogeonous.

ShadowFox89

Sure, but how do you design around someone with two 18's, a 17, and the rest 16's while another character doesn't have a single stat above a 15? Ability scores are a very vital part to the character, to the point that a 16 and 18 can be the difference between a good setup that will survive to 20 and one that will be obsolete by level 10.
Call me Shadow
My A/A

Sethala

Really, what I think I need to do is do a bunch of rolls myself, make sure they're all relatively balanced against each other, and then list them as possible arrays and players can take whichever one they want.

The main thing I hate about point-buy systems is that you're encouraged to metagame with it by dumping all of your points in to two, possibly three stats, and then leave the rest at the base, so everyone's going to end up with arrays that look something like 18, 14, 10, 10, 10, 10.  No thanks.

ShadowFox89

That kind of array is only possible if you're playing a wizard :P
Call me Shadow
My A/A

Callie Del Noire

ShadowFox89

So, my catgirl oracle can create enough water to fill a soaking tub.

*puts up a hand before Nicci cheers*

But she'd need to cast it 18,000 times, so unless people are really damn convincing....

http://www.myth-weavers.com/sheetview.php?sheetid=718397
Call me Shadow
My A/A

ShadowFox89

Links to everyone and their characters:

http://plothook.net/RPG/profiler/view.php?id=13033 - Yoko, human gunslinger - Nicci
http://plothook.net/RPG/profiler/view.php?id=13032 - Dylan Silverheart, human investigator - Ebb
http://www.myth-weavers.com/sheetview.php?sheetid=713725 - Scotsy Meridian, elf wizard - Muse
http://plothook.net/RPG/profiler/view.php?id=13038 - Eva, human gunslinger, Scribbles
http://www.myth-weavers.com/sheetview.php?sheetid=724987 - Sam Malthie, half-elf cleric - Faeli

Since we're distinctly lacking a stealthy person, I might end up rerolling for someone who can sneak and scout about >.>
Call me Shadow
My A/A

Zaer Darkwail

Oh well, seeing game has not quite yet started here is my char concept. I prefer if one PC's who has divine calling could be the person who nursed my char back to life and put him on 'right path' sorta deal.

Edit; Durdrin counts in 'theory' as sneaky person and also have high survival (especially in desert his skills grow higher and so his perception also). But he doubles also as tank.

Durdrin Grimskull
Durdrin Grimskull is from a tribe of half-orcs known as Shaderunners. They are rare few humanoids who still live on desert in contingent of Titan. His tribe shares ancestry with a ancient orc tribe known as Sand Hunters, a ancient revered clan which went extinct ages ago with unknown cause (some suspects worms but said tribe hunted them for trophies in regular basis so that's unlikely the cause).

Shaderunners lived on by the land; seeking oasis, fertile land to farm upon and watch out for worms with simple warning mechanisms (placing sticks on ground and attach bells on them so they can hear if worm is on move and know to climb to hard solid stone cliffs and mountains). Fighting territorial battles with other tribes, kobolds and other hostile local predators.

However, their tribe was also known for infamous fashion as bandits; as their tribe spied and scouted for sky rails which traveled low one reason or another and they made daring assaults on said trains and embarked in and robbed from the rich to sustain themselves, stealing trinkets here and there to either keep or sell them. But overall they did not seek become part of civilization no longer then necessary. Although exception is his elder sister, Moira. She one day left the tribe seek her fortunes in the big floating cities, did not want become married to another half-orc in tribe and become breeder for babies and for years Durdrin lost contact with her.

His family had adopted two younger half-orcs from family which faced demise against a worm years ago, they were Surlin and Deran and they were his adopted little brothers whom he taught how to hunt and scavenge. Durdrin's elder brother is called Grumash Grimskull and was destined to become matriarch of the family once their father takes upon his last hunting trip on desert. Go to die in way like their ancestors have for years done so. Be devoured and taken by the sands.

During one the raids what they made to the sky rails they were expected, so they faced military resistance, stronger than ever before! Durdrin fought bravely but he slipped in the edge of the rail and fell far down below the skyrail into the jagged canyon below the rail. Only thing what saved him that day was his boots which allowed him always land on his feet but the sharp stones and impact was still great enough to tear his body up and knock him out....leave him bleeding and dying.

But he was saved by (PC?) and nurtured back to health, he/she instructed him to more civilized ways while he was forced to listen it while bed sick and slowly he realized his life could mean something more and have greater purpose. So first time since his birth he grew curious about the floating cities and went there, as himself, a uneducated savage who knew nothing about civilization. In there in city he met Moira once again, she was furious for him and for his family as thanks family's 'reputation' she had got hard time adjust her life with herself and finding a husband what she liked and running a tavern! She hates overall Durdrin and whole Shaderunners for being unlawful bandits.

Durdrin discovered most his family was put into prison from the failed raid and put into forced labor! He have tried figure out how get them out of jail but so far he has not succeed to do so. He knows storming the prison would be suicidal so he tries think different approach how get his brothers out from prison! As part of introduction to wickedness of the civilization he was recruited to illegal figthing pits as gladiator and getting nick named as the 'Blacktusk the Savage'. He fought there, at first thinking in simple honors the duels and fights he did until one day he was thrown a just young child as his opponent; a somekind punishment from young lad failing a crime lord whom Durdrin worked as pit fighter. He was tasked slaughter the kid, murder him while said child had already peed on pants and was groveling in the ground, a completely helpless and unable to defend himself.

Durdrin, who may be far cry for noble hero type or reliable, remembered the teachings his rescuer told him and he with simple basic barbarian honor refused to kill a helpless child for 'amusement' for the crowd! He was attacked by crime lord's thugs but he slaughtered each and every thug which he faced and fought his way out from the pit with the child whom he released once outside on the streets where watch patrols would had detected any suspicious fighting. Since then the crime lord and he have shared cold stares ever since then and are overall giving each other a cold shoulder.

Ebb

Quote from: ShadowFox89 on December 06, 2013, 01:01:06 PM

Since we're distinctly lacking a stealthy person, I might end up rerolling for someone who can sneak and scout about >.>

Dylan has a +7 stealth, +9 in the desert. I could kick a couple more skill points in that direction if necessary. That being said, having more than one stealthy person is never a bad idea.

Sethela, I'd be fine with you rolling up an array (or several) and having us use it. I don't really like the artificial lumpiness that comes with point buy either.

Ghostwheel

Quote from: ShadowFox89 on December 06, 2013, 01:01:06 PM
Links to everyone and their characters:

http://plothook.net/RPG/profiler/view.php?id=13033 - Yoko, human gunslinger - Nicci
http://plothook.net/RPG/profiler/view.php?id=13032 - Dylan Silverheart, human investigator - Ebb
http://www.myth-weavers.com/sheetview.php?sheetid=713725 - Scotsy Meridian, elf wizard - Muse
http://plothook.net/RPG/profiler/view.php?id=13038 - Eva, human gunslinger, Scribbles
http://www.myth-weavers.com/sheetview.php?sheetid=724987 - Sam Malthie, half-elf cleric - Faeli

Ummm... what? We have a charsheet thread already up.

And I've got the sneakiness covered. +19 to stealth :-D

Ebb

Quote from: Ghostwheel on December 06, 2013, 03:49:28 PM
Ummm... what? We have a charsheet thread already up.

And I've got the sneakiness covered. +19 to stealth :-D

Yep, it's over here:

https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=190719.0

Inash

Well, if its not too late to try and join:

At 2013-12-06 15:47:53, Inash (uid: 44005) rolls: 4d6k3 Result: 16
At 2013-12-06 15:47:47, Inash (uid: 44005) rolls: 4d6k3 Result: 11
At 2013-12-06 15:47:43, Inash (uid: 44005) rolls: 4d6k3 Result: 10
At 2013-12-06 15:47:36, Inash (uid: 44005) rolls: 4d6k3 Result: 15
At 2013-12-06 15:47:31, Inash (uid: 44005) rolls: 4d6k3 Result: 11
At 2013-12-06 15:47:20, Inash (uid: 44005) rolls: 4d6k3 Result: 15

Your Life Path
Origins
Your place of birth was a major city, a well-known location. You were raised by close family members: grandparents, an aunt/uncle, or similar. They were homeless or vagabonds with no roots. Some of them are dead, dying peacefully of natural causes.

Siblings
You have the following siblings:

• A twin sister that you are very close to.
  • A younger half-sister that you hate because of some past transgression.
  • An older sister that you still keep in touch with, but you're not particularly close.
  • An adopted younger brother that you still keep in touch with, but you're not particularly close.
  • A younger sister that you have lost touch with.
  • An older brother that you still keep in touch with, but you're not particularly close.
Appearance
You favor the latest fashions and spend lavishly on the best clothing. You wear your hair long and flowing. You wear or carry some item as a talisman or luck piece, something that stands out.

Important Events
You have experienced the following important events:

• You made a friend, a creature or beast of some sort. They are part of a tribe or other small group and can call on other members in need.
  • You made an enemy, someone you worked for. They can't resist taking verbal swipes at you. They have some close family ties that give them minor clout. The dislike is the result of a personal relationship.
  • You found that you have an older sister that you never knew you had.

I could build a pretty good healer with this, the 'favors the latest fashions' could go well with a pretentious doctor (Probably using Simon Tam as inspiration).  It would also make for a good skill-monkey, though I lack the social skills to actually RP some of that.