Affordable Care Act: Thoughts on the Law with 2014 Almost Here

Started by RubySlippers, February 26, 2013, 02:51:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Valthazar

Well, I am planning to open up more part-time positions, to get the same amount of work done, now that I have to cut full-time peoples' hours.  I guess in one way it is good, because it creates more part-time jobs.  The result though, will be an increase in the number of people going into Medicaid (as opposed to employer subsidized private insurance).  I am not very familiar with the details, but the end result will be an expansion of government provided healthcare, I believe.

Ephiral

Quote from: ValthazarElite on March 31, 2013, 09:32:37 PM
Well, I am planning to open up more part-time positions, to get the same amount of work done, now that I have to cut full-time peoples' hours.  I guess in one way it is good, because it creates more part-time jobs.  The result though, will be an increase in the number of people going into Medicaid (as opposed to employer subsidized private insurance).  I am not very familiar with the details, but the end result will be an expansion of government provided healthcare, I believe.
And if this expansion is happening at a net decrease in costs, as the studies indicate... I'm failing to see the downside here. More people get work, more people get health care, less money is set on fire in the process. Seems like a win-win-win.