East Texas University: Class of 2025 Enrollment (Interest Check)

Started by CaptainErotica, December 03, 2021, 06:08:11 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

CaptainErotica

Office of the Dean
1 Raven’s Loop
Pinebox, TX

Dear Student,
Welcome, and congratulations on your acceptance as an incoming Freshman student at East Texas University. I would like to take this opportunity to direct you to information that will make your transition to ETU as smooth as possible.

First, I would like to remind you that all Freshmen and Sophomores are required to live in on-campus housing. This both ensures your safety and helps you build friendships that will undoubtedly last a lifetime. Go to FightingRavens.com to fill out your dorm application and submit your deposit.

Next, I would like to remind you that Freshman orientation, which we call Sweat Lodge, coincides with dorm check-in on the third weekend in August. Please plan to attend one of the sessions on Thursday, Friday, or Saturday evening. At Sweat Lodge you’ll learn about the importance of campus safety, our university traditions and fight song, the Raven’s Honor Code, and advice from Seniors. The Saturday night Sweat Lodge ends with free pizza and a show by local rockers A Jury of Robots.

Again, let me congratulate you on your first step into a larger world. College is what you make of it, and an acceptance to ETU is a great start!

Go Ravens!
                                East Texas University President James Nelson

Welcome to East Texas University: Class of 2025!

This game is a Savage Worlds game using the ETU setting book(s). It will follow the journey of a group of students from Freshman Year though Graduation. During their time at ETU they will need to balance their time between Academics, their social/sex life and of course becoming involved in the various supernatural occurrences that seem to plague the campus and the surrounding area. Think Scooby Doo mixed with Buffy, plus a slice of college life. E being E I imagine a Revenge of The Nerds/American Pie/Animal House vibe as well.

GAME:
Section the Game will be placed in and whether it is a system game or not.
    - While the focus will be on the non-erotic plot progression, there will be various non-humans that may or may not interact sexually with humans. It will probably go under NC-E, just to be safe.
     - The game will be run using the Savage Worlds game system and more Specifically the ETU setting.

Who is the RP open to? (Gender, Sexuality, etc..?)
     - Straight, Bi, Gay, Male, Females, Aliens (kidding). As long as your character identifies as human that is all that matters.

Short Summary of Player Roles and General Story/Plot.
     - Players will be playing incoming Freshman. The Story will follow their adventures at ETU and surrounding areas until they graduate.

Setting.
    - East Texas University (ETU). A fictional college in Texas near the fictional town of Pinewood.

Plot Outline.
     - The story will follow the players as they try to unravel the paranormal/supernatural activity that abounds at ETU.

Character creation info/guidelines if any.
    - Character creation should be done as per standard Savage Worlds and the custom creation rules from the ETU setting books. If you do not have access to the books contact me and we will see what we can do. If interested please send me a PM or post here, in the Form of a college application letter as follows:

DATE:
STUDENT NAME:
DOB: (Must be at least 17 years old).
HOME ADDRESS:
HIGH SCHOOL NAME:
HIGH SCHOOL GPA:
DESIRED MAJOR(S):
DESIRED MINOR(S):
REASON FOR CHOOSING EAST TEXAS UNIVERSITY:
PHOTO:
SEXUAL ORIENTATION(s):
Kinks:
Offs:

In addition to the Application Letter please provide a brief background/concept for your character. This game will not be first come first serve. I will choose the best 4-6 characters that I feel will work best for the story.

GAME MASTER:
Required Resources (If any) (If a system game - What books(ver.) or links to information needed such as an online guide or wiki?)
      - If you have access to the Savage Worlds Core Rules and the ETU Setting book the you have everything you need. I can help anyone who needs help in finding the books. Just PM me.

Game Pacing.
    - I will update the game with three days of the last player post or once a week whichever comes first. If you cannot commit to once a week posting then this may not be the game for you. Of course stuff happens, but in general posting once a week at a minimum should not be too difficult.

How much sexual activity is likely to occur or expected, if any?
     -  The main focus will be on the supernatural/paranormal plot. But this is E and the characters are college students so some sexual content is expected. 

Whether tagging will be used or not.
       - I don't think tagging will be needed, but can be added/used if it becomes an issue.

Game Master Info / GM(s) Participation Level (If/where applicable)
Will there be a Co-GM?
    - at this point I do not plan on using a Co-GM.

How guided will the play be(sandbox, directed etc)?
   - directed with leeway for the players to explore and go off the rails a bit.

What extent will players be allowed to create/use environment or setting details?
     - The setting is already pretty detailed, but I will use any hooks or ideas from a characters background that I think add to the setting. Although there are a few set NPCS, players are free to add NPCs, locations, etc. to the setting.

How NPC's will be handled. (If any) - (By GM and/or players, and what expectations)
     - Players may introduce NPCs and may have them perform minor tasks. Anything major wil will be handled by the GM.

How active will the GM be?
        - I will check on the game daily as much as possible and try to answer any questions that arise within one day.

Will there be an OOC thread? (expectations of thread usage)
    - There will be an OOC thread for all out of character discussion. I'd like to keep the flirting, messing around and the like to a minimum however.

How to contact/approach GM with questions? (use OOC thread, direct PM, etc...)
      - OOC or PM are both acceptable ways of contacting the GM.

How will decisions be resolved?
       - rolls will be done via the site dice roller.
       - The GM will use a random card generator when drawing a card is required.
       - No rules lawyers. The GM has the final say on any rules questions.

Will PvP be allowed (if applicable)?
No PvP.

Additional:

- Please respect other player's offs.

Discuss how new players will be brought into the game (if the game is already running.)
     - If we lose a player I will try and find a new player to replace them. We have a college full of potential characters so it should be pretty easy to add a new player.

*NOTE* To clarify any confusion . You are part of the Class of 2025 - which is the year you will graduate. The game begins in September 2021 (game time).

*NOTE #2* I originally attempted this a few years ago and though there was decent interest, things fell apart on my end. I'd like to see this through as it is a really fun setting and the erotic element here on E can only add to it.

TFcommando

Is it a system game?  Has ETU been updated to the Savage Worlds Adventure Edition?
Behold!  My O&Os
Highly interested in
Canon Character Roleplay and System-based Roleplay

CaptainErotica

It hasn’t but, There is a conversion document and the changes are very minimal.

I believe you already have a character from before if you’d like to submit that one.

It will be a system game with a heavy role play focus.

TFcommando

I'll remake her for SWADE, or maybe come up with someone new!  Maybe a "Sword Princess" sort of girl like Busujima from High School of the Dead, perfect and elegant, but now has an outlet for her martial arts skills she never did before, and might like too much.
Behold!  My O&Os
Highly interested in

AribethAmkiir

This sounds fun, but I'm not familiar with the system - at all.  :/

TFcommando

Quote from: AribethAmkiir on December 10, 2021, 02:49:41 AM
This sounds fun, but I'm not familiar with the system - at all.  :/

Fast, furious and fun is the tagline for it, skills and stats are rated from a D4 to a d12, 4 or higher is a success, in short.
Behold!  My O&Os
Highly interested in

CaptainErotica

queenkam234

TFcommando

Got the Players Guide and conversion document, looking into remaking Gwen (who was a neo-hippie new age girl, gentle and spacy but also psychic, so she was right about some of the wild stuff she talked about.  Might change that to just lucky and helpful, not sure yet).
Behold!  My O&Os
Highly interested in

CaptainErotica

@TFCommando - There are a few good Edges for a psychic type. like Psychic Sensitive and Spirit Guardian.

To everyone else. I haven't been posting much here, but I have been keeping up. If you need help with creating the character let me know. since it looks like there is enough interest now, I will be setting up a character thread and ooc thread in the next day or two. Optionally, I can set something up on a Discord channel to make it easier to keep track of all of the posts.

CaptainErotica

If you haven't done so already you can either post your characters here or PM me.

I haven't set up any of the threads yet. I may hold off until after the New Year.

ticl

TFcommando

Busy with holiday stuff, but nearly done… just updating her, same concept of a new age believer who also has real hunches and visions.  A bit like Luna Lovegood, really.
Behold!  My O&Os
Highly interested in

TFcommando

One question… the SWADE core book says: “Every hero starts with a d4 in five basic abilities: Athletics, Common Knowledge, Notice, Persuasion, and Stealth.”

While the ETU Conversion Guide says “Unless otherwise stated, intelligent beings have Common Knowledge and Persuasion at d6, and all beings have Athletics, Notice, and Stealth at d6.”

That’s a pretty big boost, is that accurate?
Behold!  My O&Os
Highly interested in

CaptainErotica

No, they should be d4 as per SWADE. At least that is my ruling on it.

TFcommando

Quote from: CaptainErotica on December 28, 2021, 11:34:45 AM
No, they should be d4 as per SWADE. At least that is my ruling on it.

Makes sense!  Just about done!
Behold!  My O&Os
Highly interested in

TFcommando

DATE: 1/3/2021
STUDENT NAME: Gwen Rivers
DOB: (Must be at least 17 years old).
HOME ADDRESS:  158 Baywell Court, San Marcos, TX.
HIGH SCHOOL NAME: San Marcos High School
HIGH SCHOOL GPA: 3.47
DESIRED MAJOR(S): Botany
DESIRED MINOR(S): Medicine
REASON FOR CHOOSING EAST TEXAS UNIVERSITY:  Trees.  Or, the ability to pursue botanical studies nearby a more naturally forested environment. 
PHOTO:
SEXUAL ORIENTATION(s): Bisexual
Kinks: Nudism, positive casual sex, threesomes (tentacles)
Offs:  Scat, mutilation, racial degradation, male on male

Gwen Rivers
Attributes
Agility d6
Smarts d6
Strength d4
Spirit d8
Vigor d6

Pace 6”
Parry 4
Scholarship 0
Toughness 5

Edges
(Human) Psychically Sensitive
Danger Sense
Precognitive Flashes

Complications
Loyal (Minor)
Pacifist (Major)
Quirk (Minor – Variety of New Age beliefs)

Skills
1 Academics D4
Athletics D4
1 Common Knowledge D6
2 Healing D6
1 Notice D6
1 Occult D4
2 Persuasion D8
1 Fighting D4
1 Research D4
2 Science D6 (major skill)
-Stealth D4

Equipment
Used compact car – Hard to Crank.  Fiat 500.
15 Pepper Spray
10 First Aid Kit

Background:

Gwen is the daughter and granddaughter of hippies, being from the most hippie-centric place in Texas.  She is attending ETU to grow better, more beneficial strains of cannabis and mushrooms for medical and therapeutic uses. 

Her demeanor is gentle and serene, a bit spacy, but sharp and kind, despite her belief in all sorts of new-age woo.  Her unconventional logic and beliefs are sometimes eerily correct.  She is not a brain dead stoner, knowing a lot about science and medicine, eastern and western.  Think Luna Lovegood.

She favors tie-dye tank tops and T-shirts, wrap skirt and Birkenstocks and will often have a rainbow or other cause pin or two on.  She's casual about nudity and sleeps in the nude, perhaps a bit odd for her dorm mate.  Gwen practices tai chi for its health and spiritual benefits. 
Behold!  My O&Os
Highly interested in

CaptainErotica

@TFCommando - Looks good!

I will be setting up the game threads sometime next week. If you haven't already you can post your character here or PM it to me.

CaptainErotica

I have characters from the following people:

-TFcommando
- Athem

If I missed anyone please resend me the character via Pm as I may have missed it. If I get at least one more (preferably 2) I will set up the boards.

TFcommando

I'll gladly help if anyone needs character creation assistance!  It's pretty straightforward.
Behold!  My O&Os
Highly interested in

Crash

"Sorry, you must survive at least 3 games with me before we can chat like this."
Congratulations, you've unlocked Flirtatious Crash! - Envious

Crash

@ TF - You might consider changing new age beliefs to Quirk (Minor) as opposed to delusional.  That could be offensive. 

"Sorry, you must survive at least 3 games with me before we can chat like this."

TFcommando

Quote from: Crash on January 16, 2022, 03:48:26 PM
@ TF - You might consider changing new age beliefs to Quirk (Minor) as opposed to delusional.  That could be offensive.

Good thought, thanks.
Behold!  My O&Os
Highly interested in

Crash