Calling all Heroes of Azeroth!

Started by Diabolus Lupus, September 25, 2010, 10:20:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Diabolus Lupus

I know that we have a decent sized group of WoW players on the site, so I figured I'd see if anyone would be interested in taking the WoW RPG for a little spin. (Yes, they made an RPG for it) So anyone that is familiar with the game mechanics of DnD, shouldn't have too much trouble with this as the two games are really similar.

So on to the details of the game itself. The RPG is set right at the end of the Third War, which I believe was the starting point of WoW classic.

Now I'm not looking to restrict the game to one faction or the other, so that's pretty open. In fact the idea I had for the game would provide the reason for mixed faction groups, so that is fine.

I will provide links to the books later for those that need them. But for now just let me know if you're interested in playing and what race/class.

The races I'm allowing:
High Elf (precursor to Blood Elves)
Night Elf
Human
Ironforge Dwarf
Gnome (warning there might be punting jokes)
Tauren
Orc
Jungle Troll (Darkspears)
Goblin
Half-Orc
Half-Elf
Furblog
Wildhammer Dwarf
Forest Troll
Half-Ogre
Pandaren

All classes will be available, though not necessarily to every race. I look forward to seeing who all's interested, and hopefully to get the game going in the near future.

All PCs will start at 2nd level with 900gp in equipment. And I'm looking for level break down of either 'class' 2 or 'class' 1/'race' 1 or, if you really want 'class' 1/'class' 1 though I think we should have enough people that multiclassing shouldn't be needed at this point.

And as promised here are the links for some of the books: (just the ones I think would be useful for the PCs)
Player's Handbook- http://www.4shared.com/document/elS23Shn/World_of_Warcraft_RPG_-_Campai.htm <- everyone should have this one for sure as it has the rules for character generation
Alliance Player's Guide- http://www.4shared.com/document/zPNxV_p7/World_of_Warcraft_RPG_-_Allian.htm
Horde Player's Guide- http://www.4shared.com/document/XUeyIFg4/D20_-_WORLD_OF_WARCRAFT_RPG_-_.htm
If anyone other than Drako wants to play a Panderan, I will post the link for the book where they are listed.

Character Sheets
IC thread

Marie Reynolds

Hmm i might be interested in playing a Goblin possibly a rogue.

Wolfy

Diabolus Lupus

Quote from: Wolfy on September 25, 2010, 10:33:38 PM
*gasp* No Draenei? D:
there's no source material for them. :( I'm sorry. If there was, I'd allow them. The RPG takes place before BC and WotLK.

FallenFeather

I'd be interested in a High Elf Mage or Night Elf Hunter, though I'm so tempted to do Pandaren lol

Drako

Troll druid or Pandaren Wardancer, the Pandaren version of a warrior. And a troll druid would be possible just very very rare.

Aiden

Is this a system game using the tabletop warcraft material? Either way, I'm posting in interest.

Diabolus Lupus

Quote from: Aiden on September 26, 2010, 09:09:14 AM
Is this a system game using the tabletop warcraft material? Either way, I'm posting in interest.
Yes, Aiden it is.

Aiden

Sweet,

I'll keep an eye out for the rules so I can make a character

Diabolus Lupus

Since I have, it looks like, 4 maybe 5 people interested in playing, those that are interested in playing. PM me a 2nd level character and a background telling what they were doing during the Third War. You also get 900gp worth of equipment.

Aiden

How are we doing stats? You rolling for us or we doing the point system?

Drako

4d6 drop the lowest die. I can even tell you what stat adjustments you need for your race, if you don't already know.

Drako

Troll druid or Pandaren wardancer. depends on what everyone else decides to play. Wanna help devil keep the factions balanced and such. As I have both set up already it won't be too hard to post either one.

Aiden

I wanted to play a panda NPC type also, I am playing a half-orc so I can be a "neutral" not following one faction to strongly.

HP for lvl 2

At 2010-09-27 12:23:10, Aiden (uid: 3016) rolls: 1d10a2 Result: 11

Diabolus Lupus

Cool. Send me a full character sheet when you have it done, Aiden.

kckolbe

I'll take a look at the rules, will likely go with a tinker, either human or dwarf (probably human).  Actually, I could go blood elf just as easily if desired.
Ons/Offs  A/A  Oath of the Drake
(From the Penis Game) Dr. Strangelove or: How I Learned to Stop Worrying and Love the Penis
I love a wet nymph.  "Letting some guy have [her] just to have another woman is a losing trade"

Buffy: The Vampire Slayer(IC#2)
Intro Thread

kckolbe

Wow.  7,8,10,11,12,13.  Any chance of a do-over?
(From the Penis Game) Dr. Strangelove or: How I Learned to Stop Worrying and Love the Penis
I love a wet nymph.  "Letting some guy have [her] just to have another woman is a losing trade"

Intro Thread

Diabolus Lupus

Quote from: kckolbe on September 27, 2010, 06:09:12 PM
Wow.  7,8,10,11,12,13.  Any chance of a do-over?

Wow. yeah, reroll. let's see if we can get you some better stats.

kckolbe

Intro Thread

Diabolus Lupus

kckolbe

Okay, rolls 18316-18321  7,9,9,11,13,16

Still not great but at least he can be good at one thing.  I'll take it.

Intro Thread

Diabolus Lupus

Damn, your dice hate you. However, mine do not. Take 10, 13, 15, 14, 13, 11.

Aiden

My sheet is up and I'm ready to start! 

FallenFeather

-has no clue how to play system games- I really ought to learn. Especially if I'm a Game Designer...