"Axiom is Launched and Looking For More! <3"

Started by ClockworkShadow, June 20, 2011, 01:19:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ClockworkShadow

Your "little china doll":

I don't have time right now to make an in-depth reply, but carefully re-read all of Paramnar's description.  I think you'll find most (if not all) of your questions answered.  The women (and girl-children) have their very-specific, strict roles that I don't think you will have any difficulties fitting into (given your love for geisha mannerisms, and the like).  And if you team up with Johnny, you have the potential of joining him in his own (rebellious?) motives, yet providing the servicing role you seem to desire to play.

--

Your Automaton:

You may use any idea that is not original to me or this RP (for sake of sanity, on everyone's part <hug>).  In fact, I would encourage you to do something privately with your automaton in an actual cyberpunk meets victorian dress meets.. (asian culture, now there's a mind-warp)?  I had focused so much, previously, on how your idea kept deviating from the idea I had forming here.  I failed to compliment you on the idea, itself, which has a lot of potential.

--

I'll reread this later, when I have more time, to see what else I should cover a response to.

A/A

^ zee-oh-em-gee, it has an update ^
I am back... sort of.  I'm trying, anyway.
o_O

Aikochan

Ah, umm.. Thats not what I was meaning dear :( oy. Ummm about the automaton in the starting a thread on it. Basicly.. Let me put it simply.. I did not know if I could do the victorian style mix with a sci-fi theme, since thats the concept of this story basicly.. Thats all I was concearned about. So is that easier to understand? I am not trying to start anything bad :( Thats the reason why I am nervous about using the concept.

Xunzar

I'm neutral on the consequences, Clockwork *kisses hand*.

And I already said that Markus'd take in the lil' girl. Especially since (unless I missed something) that would have most of our characters meet.
The list below is mostly up to date. To be honest, you can assume there is little that is a hard no.
A list of kinks

Aikochan

For my char, I am just uncertain about a few things and not wanting to write up a background till I get some of this taken care of. I am uncertain in the aspects of what society roles children take. I understand the roles women have. But I am unclear on society's roles on children. I am so far clear on what children's roles are for senses, and manipulation and all that stuff. Since most are a lot older than her, there is not much to go off for what roles she can take. I am not speaking of future, I am speaking of now. It is a bit different I noticed with a child.

Here is more background related things: Yes I am trying to keep this simple.

I read closely with what Johnny posted in his bio. I got to admit, I am afraid of monks *laughs* It was well done by the way Johnny.

Ok on a real note here. Do I have to make my character be donated to the monks? Or is there other options for child prodigies? To be honest though that alone will explain everything all rolled up into one ball, and make most of my other questions invalid, or rather nice to know then important.. Most of the rest of the stuff can be finished up with Johnny, and then you have final say on the results. Mostly I can see the reasons you mentioned Johnny, and I would have to agree. I think for now that sums up everything....

Oh wait.. Is there any chance she could be from a noble family? And how would geisha work for her? She could be in training for it? I'm not sure. Since she is so young. She could only be in training. I would think... The age range I am thinking of is 5-13, old enough to be able to talk very well and education pending on that could enhance her learning speeds, thats for minium age, just going off what you said earlier. I am still thinking of an ability. Did you figure out how children work with energy manipulation? The actual rulings on it.

Xunzar: Thanks, then all I have to really worry about johnny helping me out on the things clockwork said to ask him about :) Unless the age catagory is unacceptable to you. Is all I'd really need to know, and how you get her in your hands :)

Clockwork: I am answering your questions:

What I'd like to know from you:

Good Idea or Bad Idea?

If you don't like the idea:

* Why?  What would you suggest instead?

If you like the idea:

* What kind of dice?  4, 10, 20, etc.

I am used to using D20 system styles (D&D, Paladium etc), d10's (White Wolf games), d6 (West End Games) and well percentiles d100's. I don't like games that are just d100's. I really hate that. So my suggestion is to use a combo. Like here are a combo (D20 system not included they use a lot of dice to all dice) Cyberpunk/Fuzion system, d10's + d6's. D10 for stats, d6's for most damages, some bigger weapons use d10's. So thats a combo. I do like combo's the most. Its easier and keeps things simple. I do not like just rolling one set of dice (Pending on the system). If you want to do just a straight role-play thing and not adding in a game system. I would suggest straight one dice types. D6's or D10's.

* Would you rather see each consequence represented by...
     - a single number (i.e. 1 = consequence A, 2 = consequence B)
     - a number-scale (i.e. 1-5 = consequence A, 6-10 = consequence B)

I prefer Simple, Single Number.

* Other thoughts?

I can help if you want your own game system (that would be neat) but we would have to keep it simple, and hence offered combo idea. I tend to like Fuzion a lot. Since it works for any genre.. West End used d6 for any genre, and obviously white wolf used d10's for any genre.. I can help make up an actual character sheet for stats if you wanna do that. I could prolly make up char sheets in pdf format but not editable. For Editable, I can use a program like excel (spread sheet programs) or Open Office. For regular sheets nothing fancy fancy, I can make up text based sheets, and could put in BBCode to make up character sheets on forums. So you got options! *grins* Why not I got nothing else to do right now.

*side Note* I am holding off on 3D Art till I can figure out the new Daz Studio's its not even close to the same program. I can't seem to find a working link for the programs I used. (Sigh Sorry about this) I will have it done, just going to take me a long time. I do have most of the content I need!

*note* Yes I went back and re-read everything and all, even char profiles again. I am waiting for johnny so I can talk with him and really get this idea off the ground. I am also being very careful on questions now since I can't go back and edit, and I felt like I was constantly walking on thin ice everytime I asked something. Due to earlier events. But things should be ok now, I am on an idea that works now. A lot of things were just because I was confused and or uncertain. Clockwork, I hope you don't feel like things are going to get out of hand again.

I am trying to avoid any misshaps from happening again. I really wish I could talk to you easierly clockwork. I really don't want to be the cause of a migraine, and I am sorry about what happened before. I never wanted to make things rough. I just read things over and sigh.. I feel responsible With that said, I am not bringing this up again. I feel embarrased right now. Well can't say I am not trying :) I can't wait to play!

Xunzar

*shrugs* as long as she's bright and able to perform simple manual labor (or better yet, personal protection) something in the 12-15 range is fine.
The list below is mostly up to date. To be honest, you can assume there is little that is a hard no.
A list of kinks

ClockworkShadow

I think you misread what I said, Aiko.  I basically said that any of my non-original concepts were yours to take as inspiration and reuse as you see fit.  I just want to leave my original stuff (a lot of terminology, the sentient automatons based on Life energy manipulation, so on) here.  For simple sanity sake.

--

I'm terribly busy, but I'll try to get back to this soon to speak up further.

I don't see why scifi and victorian can't work.  It's not for me, in this respect.. but anything is compatible with the right amount of patience and dedication... and inspiration.

A/A

o_O

Aikochan

I will have to think about, thats considered teen, We decided young girl but I still put it 12-13 in there to show up to teenaged..

Quote from: ClockworkShadow on July 01, 2011, 01:00:13 PM
Since this RP will be remaining PG-13, you may make her as young as you wish, with consideration that she should be old enough to communicate with adults on a moderately-par level.

She said previously:
Character Suggestion:
I think I want to encourage you to be a child/teen "prodigy" of sorts.  To all appearances, you would be barren of traditional energy manipulation, which would be a major anomaly in Paramnar.  You'd get your conflict, and derision out of that, if that's what you wanted to play into.  Underneath appearances (and you could maybe work something out with Johnny on plot development), she actually has a talent that puts everything else to shame.  I'm thinking that it should be an energy manipulation, or sub-manipulation, unique to her... since she wouldn't be able to tap any of the other known manipulations.

I highlighted those you could see easier, I guess I have to find out what she meant by child then :) Cause I might be not understanding this. I am just getting the I want to play a young girl over teen part. So then Xunzar you may not be an option for her.

Aikochan

Quote from: ClockworkShadow on July 02, 2011, 12:03:30 PM
I think you misread what I said, Aiko.  I basically said that any of my non-original concepts were yours to take as inspiration and reuse as you see fit.  I just want to leave my original stuff (a lot of terminology, the sentient automatons based on Life energy manipulation, so on) here.  For simple sanity sake.

--

I'm terribly busy, but I'll try to get back to this soon to speak up further.

I don't see why scifi and victorian can't work.  It's not for me, in this respect.. but anything is compatible with the right amount of patience and dedication... and inspiration.

oh thats kewl, well I have may miss read one more thing look at my last post. I spent a long time working on this last bits. Trying to make sure there are no miss understandings or miss haps again.

Xunzar

Quote from: Aikochan on July 02, 2011, 12:23:01 PM
I will have to think about, thats considered teen, We decided young girl but I still put it 12-13 in there to show up to teenaged..

I highlighted those you could see easier, I guess I have to find out what she meant by child then :) Cause I might be not understanding this. I am just getting the I want to play a young girl over teen part. So then Xunzar you may not be an option for her.

Frankly 8-10 is fine as well. Just as long as she has some function beyond sitting around, doll like.
A list of kinks

Aikochan

ok then yes I can do that. :) I have alot of things she can do Xunzar :) I can be quite helpful.

Xunzar

Good. Protection is best, followed by maid/servant girl and Chatelain. Useless doll is at the end.
A list of kinks

Aikochan

Quote from: Xunzar on July 02, 2011, 02:11:01 PM
Good. Protection is best, followed by maid/servant girl and Chatelain. Useless doll is at the end.

Sorry what does Chatelain mean? I am confued.

Doll? What you mean for that? Just want clarification sweetie :) *offers hugs and teas

Xunzar

Chatelain, for me at least, means a servant who (among other things) takes care of running the day-to-day things, accompanies him to assist as needed and so on.

A doll would be someone whose sole function is to look pretty.
A list of kinks

johnny5

Quote from: Aikochan on July 02, 2011, 04:15:58 AM
Johny + or Clockwork: Is the idea for the unique power be that chamelon one? Or is it something else? Also Johny will you want to work with me on this? Its ok if you don't want to, I have alot of ideas for unique powers..

I mentioned that book more for theme than the exact power, the protagonist lives in a world where everyone has a magic ability except him, the conversation at the time made me think of it.  Anyway If you want to bounce ideas around I say go for it :-)

Aikochan

Quote from: Xunzar on July 02, 2011, 07:54:29 PM
Chatelain, for me at least, means a servant who (among other things) takes care of running the day-to-day things, accompanies him to assist as needed and so on.

A doll would be someone whose sole function is to look pretty.
Ohhhh... We could do both. Really, even at her age Doll just means looking pretty. A little girl takes a lot of pride in looking good to. Like for instant pagents and sich things. So why not both? :)

Quote from: johnny5 on July 02, 2011, 09:38:19 PM
  I mentioned that book more for theme than the exact power, the protagonist lives in a world where everyone has a magic ability except him, the conversation at the time made me think of it.  Anyway If you want to bounce ideas around I say go for it :-)
Ok hrmm.. well lets see, do you have any ideas to start with really? I have some but I am trying to form them into words. Also would your character be the one to find me? or rescue me from the monks if I do the monks and send me to xunzar or anything to that exstent? I am trying to think of powers too, I got ideas but I am not sure what qualifies if the power is good enough to be unique, and is the power like a theme of little powers, or just 1 power with 1 effect 1 big effect, or can it be multiple things, multiple powers, etc. I am not sure how that works. Especially for a child yet. If you go by my idea for energy manipulation it would be:

1 Theme Power (Wind Control example), Powers: Wind Blast (Knock back, stun attack), Control the Wind (simple wind manipulation), Hurricane winds (Winds so dangerous it does servere damage to an area effect, etc (like little powers that can be done from the main manipulation power.)

Kuje

Quote from: ClockworkShadow on July 01, 2011, 05:41:24 PM
Ok.  WS, Xun (aka Mr. Darkly Charming :P), Kujo, Laz, Johnny, Aiko, and anyone else that's been following this thread:

I am considering implementing a custom dice "system" specifically for the manipulation consequences.  If so, we would use the Dicebot (see also this Guide)

What I'd like to know from you:

Good Idea or Bad Idea?

If you don't like the idea:

* Why?  What would you suggest instead?

If you like the idea:

* What kind of dice?  4, 10, 20, etc.

* Would you rather see each consequence represented by...
     - a single number (i.e. 1 = consequence A, 2 = consequence B)
     - a number-scale (i.e. 1-5 = consequence A, 6-10 = consequence B)

* Other thoughts?

Sorry Clock, I did see this earlier but I didn't have any thoughts about it. But I'd probably say that a set consequence could make more sense then a dice roll because rolls can be random.... Course, that could be part of the fun to.

johnny5

Well there's nothing to say clock couldn't set up a chart she was rolling against (rolemaster had a whole source book that was nothing but critical failure charts for magic). Then one would at least have an idea of the range of consequences. It all depends on how complicated she wants to make it. I for one kind of dig the unknown consequences idea, it adds an air of mystery to the whole process.  I guess my thinking is if your going for strict cause and effect why introduce magic/spirituality at all?  By nature they're supposed to be kinda fuzzy and indistinct.

Aikochan

johnny was that to me? Because I am not sure what your talking about exactly and didn't really answer anything I written to you. So.. Umm.. I didn't want mystery in my background so people could understand what I am doing if thats what you mean by cause and effect?

johnny5

It wasn't "aimed" at anyone. I was just commenting on the random consequences idea clock had.

ClockworkShadow

Well, I've received some wonderful feedback now, both here and in PMs.  I think I have a better idea of what to go with.

Thanks for the input, Johnny, and that's a very astute observation.

A/A

o_O

Aikochan

*tickles clockwork and plays pillow fight with her grinning playfully! Lets her win and so the loser gets to serve tea to everyone!*

*Servers Tea to everyone!* Yatta~ atashi wa sugoi kawaii desu yo~ *giggles*

WingedServant

Aikochan

I am just waiting on others mostly winged, not sure whats going on yet :( at least I know what my character is.

ClockworkShadow

I've had a busy few days, skirting around recurring migraines.  I apologize for the lack of activity, but I am working on putting the last information together for this, in the meanwhile.

Keep checking back, please.

A/A

o_O

WingedServant

Wing seems to be a semi popular writer at the moment. This popularity is compounded by his inability to say no to a pretty face and a compelling story plot.   And my real life job is finally beginning to require my time properly.  I apologize for the sudden lag in posts.  Hopefully on Saturday I will be able to play some catch up.