The Walking Dead ~ Interest Check

Started by Cynadea, November 04, 2015, 01:53:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Cynadea

BACKGROUND

A month ago, everything went to hell. Power, Water, Gas, nothing can be taken for granted anymore. The streets aren't safe, and the authorities are simply gone. Most of the people who were relied upon to protect the general population are either dead, walking, or scattered with no chain of command remaining. Throughout North America, there are people who managed to survive and there is a certain security in numbers... or it can be the downfall. There are so many questions without answers, but the main question that preoccupies everyone nowadays is “Will I live to see another day?”.

RULES

• Always a minimum of 3 paragraphs. For what is considered a paragraph, look "Background" above.
  • Posts should be written in past tense, 3rd person
  • Always use the game header
  • Do not godmod (moving another player's character without permission)
  • Do not metagame (character knowing information they have no business to have)
Pace
  • Posts will be written in a posting order, giving everyone the chance to post once
  • Posts have to be written within the group's time limit.
    • Fast pace: 4 days maximum
    • Moderate pace: 7 days maximum
    • Slow pace: 14 days maximum
  • If you do not post, the person after you may skip you
  • Be skipped three times, and the GM reserves the right to write your character off, may include death
  • If you can't post in time, post in the OOC and request to be skipped, you will not be penalized

Game content
  • Low smut content. If it must be played, use the side arc thread.
  • Freeform (no numbers, no system). During fights, the GM will guide the battle.
  • Open to people of all races/gender/orientation/walks of life.
  • Respect the time set by the GM. Do not hold back the group.
  • GM reserves the right to refuse a character

CHARACTER SHEET

Fill the character sheet as required, and send it to:
    Fast Pace: Aysande
    Moderate Pace: Ascia & Aysande
    Slow Pace: DarkAngel111 & Aysande

Character Sheet Explanation, Please Read
    Picture must be of someone famous (actor, model, athlete; it doesn't matter. No facebook or personal image), and must comply with site rules. If at all possible, size should be 150x200px, if you can't resize it, still include the picture in the character sheet. It will be resized for you. Make sure that you will write the information outside of the bold codes.

Basic info

Name: Character name
    Other name: Nick name, pet name, etc.

Gender: Open to all, but keep in mind that this is set in a realistic modern setting.
    Orientation: Open to all

Hometown: Where do they hail from

Appearance

Eye color:
    Hair: Color, length, type
    Height:
    Build:

Distinguishing marks: Piercings, tattoos, scars. Anything worth notice.

Personality

One paragraph of 5-6 sentences. Be sure that the character is well-balanced, with strengths and flaws.

Skills & Ability

Short, concise sentences, in a bullet point list. Make it realistic.

Equipment & Supplies

Equipment and Supplies that your character currently has. Weapons & Ammo, survival supplies, first aid, meds, how many days of food and water.

History

I would like to know who they were before, how they dealt with the contagion and what they've been doing since all infrastructure fell (about a month ago). This should serve as an example of what you can write as a post, so it should meet the game minimum. This would be a good way to justify the skills above.

OOC notes

Player: Your E name
    Pace: The pace you think you can keep up with. Remember that it's ok to be faster but not to be late.
    O&O: Aysande will be posting the sheet, so please provide the link.
    Plot: Any plot arc that you would like to play with this character that the GM should take into consideration?

[hr] [size=12pt][font=impact][color=#B20000]Basic info[/color][/font][/size] [hr]
    [float=right][img width=125]http://www.hersamacorn.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/02/grey-silhouette1.jpg[/img][/float][b]Name:[/b]
    [b]Other name:[/b]
    [b]Age:[/b]

[b]Gender:[/b]
    [b]Orientation:[/b]

[b]Occupation:[/b]
    [b]Hometown:[/b]

[hr] [size=12pt][font=impact][color=#B20000]Appearance[/color][/font][/size] [hr]
    [b]Eye color:[/b]
    [b]Hair:[/b]
    [b]Height:[/b]
    [b]Build:[/b]

[b]Distinguishing marks:[/b]

[hr] [size=12pt][font=impact][color=#B20000]Personality[/color][/font][/size] [hr]

[hr] [size=12pt][font=impact][color=#B20000]Skills & Ability[/color][/font][/size] [hr]
    [*]
    [*]
    [*]
    [hr] [size=12pt][font=impact][color=#B20000]Equipment & Supplies[/color][/font][/size] [hr]
    [*]
    [*]
    [*]

[hr] [size=12pt][font=impact][color=#B20000]History[/color][/font][/size] [hr]

[hr] [size=12pt][font=impact][color=#B20000]OOC notes[/color][/font][/size] [hr]
    [b]Player:[/b]
    [b]Pace:[/b]
    [b]O&O:[/b]
    [b]Plot:[/b]

OOC THREADS

Fast Pace (0/5 slots available)
    Moderate Pace (5/5 slots available)
    Slow Pace (5/5 slots available)

If there is a big enough demand (enough for 4-5 characters) another fast group can be opened.

Currently MIA, not available for  RP

Ons and Offs ~ Idea thread

Ascia

Individual Storytellers (or Co-GMs) for each group, or just one GM for all of it?

Cynadea

I'd take a co-GM if someone volunteered, but so far, there's only me.

Lynnette

Stating interest, I'd probably prefer to be either in the medium phased group or the slow group.
I'm available on Discord!
Feel free to message me if you want to chat
Lynnpai#4726

My O/O     My guide to set up a home server and Plex
My request thread

Ascia

I could possibly help with the Moderate group.

Remiel

All right.  Since Aysande beat me to it, rather than set up a competing game of my own based on exactly the same idea, I'll be a good boy and play nice.

I was thinking about a soldier, a sergeant or possibly captain in the US National Guard who, one day, stops receiving orders, leaving him and his unit to fend for themselves.

I'd like to try to the Fast Paced game and see how that goes.    I can't promise a novel, but I can promise at least three paragraphs (see my post history for examples).

GnothiSeauton

If I can't have you, my love...  I'll destroy you
~World Building Workshop ~ Current Ideas and Requests  ~
~ Preferences ~ Status  ~ Nightmares and Inspirations~
~Gnothi's Stories Without Homes~
A reader lives a thousand lives before he dies... The man who never reads lives only one.

Seeking New Stories

Tackyhillbilly

Like I said in the other thread, maybe a Mechanic or some kind of Engineer, Potentially in the Fast/Medium group?

persephone325

Remi's playing? Hmm... Tentatively interested. I'll have to see how my muse cooperates with me.
This doesn't have to end in a fight, Buck.
It always ends in a fight.
You pulled me from the river. Why?
I don't know.
"Don't dwell on those who hold you down. Instead, cherish those who helped you up."

Rave

I will put down a stamp of tentative interest here-- seeing how this interest thread picks up, this could be what I need to get me going again post hiatus.

Cynadea

So so far, in 4 hours we have:

Possible GM for the medium group: Ascia

Rave (Medium, posting rate ?, character ?)
Persephone325 (Maybe, posting rate ?, character ?)
Tackyhillbilly (fast/Medium, Mechanics or engineer)
GnothiSeauton (Maybe, posting rate ?, character ?)
Remiel (Fast Pace, US National Guard)
Lynnette (Medium/Slow, Character?)

I would play in the fast or medium group, depending which need players, maybe both. I would go for a medic. Someone who's seen war, treated people on the field, etc.

xPeachyPuff

I might be interested in this as well, most likely in the slow/moderate group just to be safe. Will have a think about a character in the meantime.

- Rainbow ♥

Rachubka

Rave

My posting rate will likely be fast, since I can -usually- average about one a day, though it fluctuates. Just to be safe we can put me down as moderate for now.

Cynadea

The thing about the posting pace is that if you post within one day in any of the group, it's totally fine. It's going beyond the maximum, when someone holds back the group or gets their turn skipped constantly that causes a problem.

I know I can do the fast pace, and I know I can do medium. The slower pace I'll GM, but will not take a part of as a character simply because if it goes that slow, the creativity flow to write a post for it sort of dries out or as some may say, the muse dies.

I'll work on a character sheet.

Chreestafer

you have me hooked :)

I'm thinking moderate pace and thinking maybe a teen or college student
“The Doctor: This is bad, I don't like this. [kicks console and yells in pain] Never use force, you just embarrass yourself. Unless you're cross, in which case... always use force!
Amy: Shall I run and get the manual?
The Doctor: I threw it in a supernova.
Amy: You threw the manual in a supernova? Why?
The Doctor: Because I disagreed with it! Now stop talking to me when I'm cross!”
Ons and Offs
F-List

Ascia

I'm thinking...some kind of...character.

>>

DarkAngel111

I will be interested in this game I can be in the slow or medium paced groups. If needed I can make a character for the fast paced one as well. I am very flexible that way.

Also Stating interest to Co-GM this :)

arkhos

Definitely interested.

Fast pace group, for sure.

If there's not enough interest for that, I'd do Moderate.

Not interested in Slow.

Character idea: An eternally optimistic doctor/scientist who believes there HAS to be a cure out there... somewhere... if only he could get to a functioning lab where he could run some tests...

-ark
Wheels within wheels in a spiral array, a pattern so grand and complex; Time after time we lose sight of the way, our causes can't see their effects.

Ascia

Rave

I'm curious if there'll be a character sheet format you want us to follow but-- either way, I have an idea for a tourist caught in the wrong place at the wrong time.

Ascia

Quote from: Rave on November 05, 2015, 01:39:37 PM
I'm curious if there'll be a character sheet format you want us to follow but-- either way, I have an idea for a tourist caught in the wrong place at the wrong time.

Will be soon, I believe.

Lynnette

I feel like games like these always get peppered with war-veterans and arms dealers, so I'm considering to go with something a lot more... Vulnerable, maybe a callcenter operator or an IT, something relatively insignificant but useful in specific moments.
Lynnpai#4726

My request thread

xPeachyPuff

I'm considering a trainee Veterinarian. She had a part time placement in an animal hospital before the outbreak, though she still attended university for her qualifications. She will also be an International student from England, so all of her family would be back in the UK while she's studying abroad.

- Rainbow ♥

DarkAngel111

Quote from: xSnorkleRainbow on November 05, 2015, 02:12:52 PM
I'm considering a trainee Veterinarian. She had a part time placement in an animal hospital before the outbreak, though she still attended university for her qualifications. She will also be an International student from England, so all of her family would be back in the UK while she's studying abroad.

- Rainbow ♥

oooOoOO Fancy brit.... My biker boy will be all over that accent! :P

Lyku

I'm thinking a deranged doctor, possibly a serial killer prior to the incident,  A fear of personal death causes the need to band with others.  Perhaps a sociopath.

Fast pace.

Not a soldier, but content killing with a smile of his face.
Every great dream begins with a dreamer.  Always remember, you have within you the strength, the patience, and the passion to reach for the stars to change the world.  – Harriet Tubman

arkhos

Quote from: Lynnette on November 05, 2015, 02:00:58 PM
I feel like games like these always get peppered with war-veterans and arms dealers, so I'm considering to go with something a lot more... Vulnerable, maybe a callcenter operator or an IT, something relatively insignificant but useful in specific moments.

Yep... I see another person thinking of a doctor... I think I'll go the scientist route, who has never even considered a life in the military or police force. :) And he has some odd... eccentricities. :)

-ark
Wheels within wheels in a spiral array, a pattern so grand and complex; Time after time we lose sight of the way, our causes can't see their effects.

Cynadea

For those of you who are looking for the fast pace game (Posting within 4 days) the thread is up. There is 3 slots free for this sub group.

https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=239244.0

The character sheet is the same for all of the different paces.

Fast pace: Send to Aysande
Moderate pace: Send to Ascia and Aysande
Slower pace: Send to DarkAngel111 and Aysande

Chreestafer

I'm in for the moderate game and will work on a CS soon.  I'm thinking of a collage student, maybe in his last year of school, riding on a hockey scholarship has to fight for survival.  Thinking his main issue is he is diabetic and needs insulin, and with the end of the world his supply is low.
“The Doctor: This is bad, I don't like this. [kicks console and yells in pain] Never use force, you just embarrass yourself. Unless you're cross, in which case... always use force!
The Doctor: Because I disagreed with it! Now stop talking to me when I'm cross!”
Ons and Offs
F-List

arkhos

Cynadea

Fast pace has 2 spots taken, 1 reserved (sheet submitted, reviewed and waiting for the changes).  There's a possibility of 2 more characters in that group.

Rave

Lynnette

Any of the other groups ready for recruitment, or do you wish to focus on getting one of them up and running at a time?
Lynnpai#4726

My request thread

DarkAngel111

The slow group details will be up shortly I am sorting the plot details out now :)

arkhos

Oh and darkangel/ascia, if you have spots in your groups that need filled, i would be happy to jump in with a character, just let me know. But i definitely think other folks should have first dibs over me.

Just an open offer if you are needing a last spot or two filled with no other takers. :)

Cynadea

Quote from: Lynnette on November 06, 2015, 01:45:21 PM
Any of the other groups ready for recruitment, or do you wish to focus on getting one of them up and running at a time?

All the groups are accepting submissions. Each of them have a different GM for the campaign. Just send your character sheet to the proper GMs.

Quote from: Aysande on November 06, 2015, 01:18:31 AM
Fast pace: Send to Aysande
Moderate pace: Send to Ascia and Aysande
Slower pace: Send to DarkAngel111 and Aysande

xPeachyPuff

Can I ask what you think the posting rate for the moderate and slow groups will be? I see that the fast paced group is 4 days. Thanks in advance!

- Rainbow ♥

Remiel

I think she said the Moderate group will be up to 7 days and will be GM'd by Ascia.  The Slow group will be up to 14 days and will be GM'd by DarkAngel111.

Lynnette

Quote from: xSnorkleRainbow on November 06, 2015, 05:42:51 PM
Can I ask what you think the posting rate for the moderate and slow groups will be? I see that the fast paced group is 4 days. Thanks in advance!

- Rainbow ♥

The medium is seven days and the slow is 14. And keep in mind, that's maximum waiting time before it's fair game to skip your post, not the actual expected phase. Slow could go just as fast as the fast group goes, but the slow group offers more leeway.
Lynnpai#4726

My request thread

xPeachyPuff

Thank you both (: Sorry, might have missed it somewhere. Still deciding on which group I should go for is all. Almost got my character finished though.

- Rainbow ♥

Cynadea

I've changed the first post, to turn this into a recruitment thread. The links to all three OOC threads are up, so you make to plot and chat there :)

Fast as only one slot left, with a strong preference for a female character as right now it's one F for 3 M, not that I mind terribly much being the only female of a group which has low smut focus, but I feel it would close many doors that I'd like to keep open...

GnothiSeauton

Quote from: Aysande on November 06, 2015, 06:26:41 PM
I've changed the first post, to turn this into a recruitment thread. The links to all three OOC threads are up, so you make to plot and chat there :)

Fast as only one slot left, with a strong preference for a female character as right now it's one F for 3 M, not that I mind terribly much being the only female of a group which as low smut focus, but I feel it would close many doors that I'd like to keep open...

I'll take the last slot. I've got a female in mind. I have to revamp an old sheet.
If I can't have you, my love...  I'll destroy you
~World Building Workshop ~ Current Ideas and Requests  ~
~ Preferences ~ Status  ~ Nightmares and Inspirations~
~Gnothi's Stories Without Homes~
A reader lives a thousand lives before he dies... The man who never reads lives only one.

Seeking New Stories

DarkAngel111

slow paced group is accepting sheets now for those who are interested. send your sheets to me :)

Tytus

Tytus Hale

Cynadea

Moderate (within a week) and slow (Within 14 days) both have slots opened.

Tytus

Whish you still had an open slot in the fast game, I usually like to post every three days. But you have to take what you can, so please drop me into the moderate group. I will scrap together a character profile for your approval and get to you tonight.
Tytus Hale

Cynadea

If there is a big enough demand (3-4 characters) I could easily open another fast paced group.

arkhos

Quote from: Aysande on November 10, 2015, 01:58:00 PM
If there is a big enough demand (3-4 characters) I could easily open another fast paced group.

As always, I'd be happy to have another character wherever there is a space that needs a character. :)

-ark

Cynadea

So that's a potential 2 characters for a second fast paced group. Anyone else? I am sure I can come up with a plot that would land us somewhere in Alaska or something. ;)

Chreestafer

Still working on a character concept for the moderate group. 

My thoughts are of a college aged male whose a hockey player about to be scouted for the majors when all this happens.  He is a diabetic so his main issue is finding insulin while they group is surviving.  I'm going to start him off with a little, yet it might become an issue later on. Would anyone want to have history with my character?
Ons and Offs
F-List

Amarlo

-Bookmarks- Keeping an eye on this for the future.

Seduce my mind and my body will follow.
Amarlo's O&Os
Absences and Apologies

DarkAngel111

I can lead the second fast paced group. We can come up with a good story line and see how things go, but first we need at least 5 people with interest.

Kye

Amarlo

I'd be interested in a fast pace or moderate group. I'm leaning more towards moderate though.

Amarlo's O&Os
Absences and Apologies

xPeachyPuff

Sorry guys, Fallout 4 is ruining my life right now lol. I will get my character finished asap!

- Rainbow ♥

Lynnette

Quote from: xSnorkleRainbow on November 11, 2015, 12:17:15 PM
Sorry guys, Fallout 4 is ruining my life right now lol. I will get my character finished asap!

- Rainbow ♥

You too? xD
Lynnpai#4726

My request thread

Kye

I have Fallout 4 but I refuse to start it until next month.  ::)

TheEmptyCell

I'd be interested in the moderate group.

xPeachyPuff

Quote from: Kyrsa on November 11, 2015, 12:58:27 PM
I have Fallout 4 but I refuse to start it until next month.  ::)

That's probably the smart thing to do xD

So I think I'm definitely going to put in a character for the slow group. I just want to be sure that I can get posts out and such, so I think that's the smartest choice for me. I realize there aren't any characters in that group right now, nor has there been much interest in the group, but yeah. I'm looking to finish my character off now (though that may not happen completely :P So expect a sheet in from me soon-ish maybe.)

- Rainbow ♥

Kye

Quote from: xSnorkleRainbow on November 13, 2015, 05:26:23 PM
That's probably the smart thing to do xD

Yeah.  With NaNo and E I don't want to get into Fallout until November is past.  ::)

OT:  I can make a character for the slow game as well if more are needed.  I definitely wouldn't mind having more than one character in play.

DarkAngel111

I will have a character for slow group. Snorkle's girl is pretty much accepted by me, if
Kyrsa can make up a character, that would be three characters for the Slow group.

Kye

*salutes and wanders off to create another character*

RedEve

Is there still room for a cop/law enforcement type character in either of the slower paced games?
"I don't have a dirty mind, I have a sexy imagination."
My ons and offs- My F-list

Cynadea

the slower (14 days) already has a cop character, but the moderate (7 days) group could use someone like him/her.

DarkAngel111

I wouldn't mind having a cop like character, my character can always take on the role of a biker full time if that's whats needed :) Besides we need more people in the slow group.

RedEve

Question: how strict is the posting frequency?

With my current game load, I think my comfortable frequency would fall somewhere in between the two slower games.

So would it be alright to post a bit faster in the slowest game?

DarkAngel111

Its alright if you post fast in the slower game, just that you will have to wait for others to post. in the maximum time given.

RedEve

Okay, probably better for me to join the slowest moving game then.

I can find another archetype to play besides the cop.

Is there a place where I can see the approved characters for that game?

DarkAngel111

Click on the link to the slow game, In that thread on the very first post there is a list of characters already there and also their sheets. :)

Cynadea

You can see the character sheets in the bottom of the first posts in the ooc thread. They're in the spoilers under the character's image.

Fast Pace (0/5 slots)
Second Fast Pace group (not started - 4/5 slots available)
Moderate Pace (1/5 slots available)
Slow Pace (2/5 slots available)

DarkAngel111

everyone who has submitted the sheet for the slower paced game should drop by the ooc thread and mark it. I will be sending out a message shortly to discuss connections.

Amarlo

Just popping in to let you guys know I've decided not to join the game. I hope you all have fun though! :)

Amarlo's O&Os
Absences and Apologies

Cynadea

Alright. You can always join at a later date, if you change your mind :)

Spots opened in the three different speeds.

Moderate has started the RP, could use more players. Remember the 7 days in the number of days maximum between post, not minimum, so if you can post faster, it's fine, as long as you don't mind waiting for people who might take the 7 days to post. Same can be said for the slower group.

DarkAngel111

Slow Pace group is full.
A second Fast paced group is open, if anyone wishes to join in.

Cynadea

Anyone wishes to join a fast paced game? (that's 4 days max between each player's post) We have two characters in Jacksonville, FL, who could use some company. :)

Etherealgirl

I can post pretty frequently. If there is still room.

Cynadea

The GM'ed group are sorted by posting speed. The posts are made in a specific order so that everyone posts once every turn. Depending on how fast you are willing/able to respond, there are two groups that still have space in them:

Fast group:
Posts have to be written within 4 days of each other.
https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=239802.0

Moderate group:
Posts have to be written within 7 days of each other.
https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=239245.0

Etherealgirl

Do you want to approve characters before starting? Should the sheet be PM'ed to you?

Cynadea

Yes, I need to see the character sheet before you can join in, and I'll put it in the roster when it is completed, reviewed and accepted. :)

arkhos

If you have a 4th spot needing filled let me know! :)