Dawn of the universe - looking for creative people

Started by Koekje, March 31, 2017, 02:08:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Koekje

Imagine emptiness. A universe that is not only void of life, but also of the very essence of matter itself. Empty space without anything to fill it up. No people, animals, water, planets, asteroids, ... Not even cosmic dust. Now put a being in there. It has a voice, a mind, a body when it wants to and, most of all, it is bored. You put yourself in an infinitely big room of nothing, with nobody else to talk to and see how bored you get.

To stave off the horrible and excruciating pain that is boredom, this being started doing things. First of all, it gave itself a name: Menopsis. Then, it thought about how much effort it would take to amuse itself. It already faced its first dilemma: to be bored and full of energy, or to be amused but having to make an effort. Menopsis quickly thought of a solution: he needed minions.

Menopsis managed an action that it would later call a summoning sneeze, convorting its body in such a manner that it recoiled before sprucing free and breaking off energy from itself. The energy quickly manifests itself into different clouds of an essence that resembles that of Menopsis, but of an inferior quality. The entity that is Menopsis then created a mouth for itself and spoke the first words ever spoken in the empty universe, to the first entities that have been born.

"I am not entertained! Change that."

---

You all play one of the minions born from Menopsis' body, and have been gifted with a lesser form of the power to create and imagine things into being. The universe is empty and it is up to you to fill it up with the things you want to. Go nuts, the more amusing the better. You might be rewarded by Menopsis and increase your powers, becoming more and more capable at creating things more complex and complicated.
He who acts honestly, hardly ever meets with trouble,
he who speaks honestly, hardly ever escapes trouble.
O'O's

LordRod

This looks awesome, but curious why you arent doing it as a play by post here? And ...since not, what format are you doing it in?
Glory is being Great and being Useful - Simon Bolivar

Because its There - Sir Edmund Hillary

"The Lord of the Mans of Rod" - Me, spelling everything write and still getting the sentence wrong.

On and Offs - https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=265306.0

Koekje

First of all thank you very much for the compliment and the post!

Secondly, the opening post was basically a little in the way of setting the theme of the game. Basically it will start as free form since everyone is basically just the aftermath of a giant god sneeze.

The trick and idea behind the game is that the players whom all start as unknown figures start creating and giving shape to the universe and its contents. The interesting part is that, just because of your individual choices what to create, will ultimately create your godlike persona.

Let's say that, after creating sentient beings, you give them the gift of drinkable water. Suddenly you could achieve this personal of the God of water. Others could decide to create the desert, for example. It makes people think about what to create and what to gift upon the sentient brings to create their own legacy, kind of like how the Greek gods of old had a main character but they had different appearances and behaviors. For example, Athina is the goddess of wisdom and of battle. On the other hand, Pallas Athena is a specific form of the goddess as the protector God of the city of Athens itself.

So we'd start out free form and when menopsis looks at your creations and approves, you'll slowly build up your profile.

The number one rule will be simple :without authorisation of Menopsis, you can not directly impact someone else's creation in a negative way. Like my earlier example, one may create water and someone may create the concept of a waterfall, which is okay. But you can not create something that would destroy the water, unless Menopsis agrees that the water must be destroyed.

It's so promote synergy and teamwork, inspiring each other and building upon each other's work. Not to bully others by attacking their creations. We're PC divine beings here! :D
O'O's

Lord Zanicus

Koekje

Well, we've already got two people interested. If you guys feel like , we could already start up and get some visibility of the game on the board. People can always jump in, I mean, Menopsis is going to sneeze more :D

You two'd start creating and Menopsis shall be judging and approving. If you please him, you shall grow stronger and he might bestow titles upon you ,even a form. If you displease or bore him, Other things might happen. Ready to get creating?
O'O's

kongo

so, storytelling or something else? Entertainment sounds like storytelling, especially if a God is involved. Since the God sneezed and then there were godlings there appears to be causality, so now we have two things, a hierarchy, and linear time. And really, nonlinear temporal determinism isn't quite as entertaining if your definition includes being surprised anyway... ;-)

Every heart must play its part...

Dys Astyr

I'm very interested in this if there is still room for more sneeze-lings.  ;D
Alive! Trying to catch up but there is a lot, please be patient! Thank you. <3

kongo

I hadn't heard back either, but I would think we have enough to start if the OP and respondents are still interested...

Oh sneezer, oh sneezer, where fore arte thou?

;-)

Dys Astyr

All hail the might Schnoz, most worthy and supreme. Sneezer of life, the universe, and everything. Hear our pleas and bestow upon us your wisdoms.  ;D

kongo

That should do it, but maybe also a giant box of tissue, just in case...

;-)

LordRod

"The Lord of the Mans of Rod" - Me, spelling everything write and still getting the sentence wrong.

Dys Astyr

Wonders if this is some sort of test or if that's overthinking it much... XD

The things my brain comes up with when left to its own devices... ::)

LordRod

Lord Zanicus

kongo

All was in readiness as the godlings awaited the call of their master. Not yet fully formed, they were concepts, abstractions, ideas. But above all, they were, they existed, they willed. And as they waited, creation began to form around them...

Dys Astyr

Pokes at the forming creations, unintentionally dislodging a bit and watching it float aimlessly in the void.

Pokes the rouge bit of creation, sending it warbling back toward the amorphis gunk from whence it came.

LordRod

Causes the number 42 to be highlit with a large number of sparrows, coconuts, twinkies and ninjas.

Dys Astyr

Makes tiny headwreaths of destruction for the sparrows and organizes them into a military force.

kongo

I think we just skipped ahead about a billion years, but whenever...;-)

"Perhaps a nice place to play with our new toys", one of the beings blew into the primordial ooze and a large cookie sheet appeared next to a floating oven from which the interesting shaped creations were emerging from. There were shapes to make the sparrows, coconuts, twinkles and ninjas, along with their regalia. She motioned to the cookie sheet and the promodial ooze rollered itself on and flattened. Tiny sou-chef minions appeared and cut the dough into additional shapes that looked like rocks, trees and shrubberies. "This is going to take forever," she said, thinking on the new concept of waiting, "I don't like it." She shrugged and waved her hand (?) and the oven and the shapes and the chefs all went back into the goo. "Just a place then," she sighed and a world formed made of chocolate chip cookie dough, with a sign reading, "Available For Lease."

"So bored," she though as her long silver locks dipped in the goo, "Can we play now?"

LordRod

"Apparently we must wait for the arrival of lemon soaked paper napkins."

Dys Astyr

If only the celestial lemons would align and make such a thing possible.

Creates a lemony altar and inexplicably leaves offerings of toast and bay leaves. Sits before the altar, chanting.

Lemoooooommmhhhhhhnnnnnnnnn

kongo

"Yes, they are so very tastey," she said as she brought a basket of lemons and set them on the alter...

"Of course, these are only the scale models, bigger is always better, or so I've been told," she winked at the others and sat down on the alter steps, adjusting her skirts to cover her feet, "Propriety...should we keep that one?" She mused to herself.

Dys Astyr

Wails forlornly in the Void, the sound echoing and rippling in the emptiness before shattering into myriad pieces. Each piece, takes on life of its own, flickering across the formless depths. Mercurial things, bodies sharp and reflective like mirror shards, they dance across the Void reflecting the Fires of Creation searching for the Great Sneezer.

kongo

"It seems," said the girl, obviously bored with the proceedings thus far, "that our benefactor has chosen to ignore us thus far." She moved over to the newly created table, loaded up with various pastries, donuts and tasty beverages, picking up a small raisin bran muffin. "I propose we begin and when they arrive we can catch them up," she winked at the others and took a bite.
"I am rather partial to time myself, so I think I will call myself 'Wink'," she said as some sand landed on her head from a slightly leaky hour glass that had appeared over her head, "Pleased to meet you all," she winked.

Dys Astyr

I'm going to put on my serious hat for a moment. Would it be rude to message Koekje and see what's going on? I don't want to just steal his story idea, even if it is with the intention of still playing it with him. I still really love this (obviously), and want it to happen but I don't want to be the crazy person that won't stop harrassing the GM... XD