In Her Majesty's Service (Cyberpunk espionage RP seeking spies) (NEED ONE MORE!)

Started by GloomCookie, September 17, 2011, 12:17:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

GloomCookie

I was going to turn down Cold Heritage's character and ask for a revision, but I like his character too much.  I might be drooling over the picture too much though.
My DeviantArt

Ons and Offs Updated 9 October 2022

Cold Heritage

I'm sorry it's not appropriate for the game. Guess I didn't read well enough. :/
Thank you, fellow Elliquiyan, and have a wonderful day.

GloomCookie

My DeviantArt

Starlequin

LMAO, I thought it was brilliant. Not how i was picturing the America Linna described, but now I cant stop seeing it.
You live for the fight when it's all that you've got.

Revenent

C'mon, there have to be more people willing to put up a character for this. My current playthrough of Deus Ex is making me jones for some cyberpunk RP.

orderNchaos

Hey Guys, sorry about not putting up a character sheet....I was planning on it last week before I headed off to my wedding, but hence time slipped away and I didn't get a chance.  I'll be more free next week and I'll put something together after I've had a chance to think it through.

Cheers.

Ramael

Having read this through, totally stoked. Great idea. Where do I sign-I take it you still have slots open?

I was thinking of your "typical" British cad agent, a gentlemen with refined tastes and morals, but a bubbling-under repressed psychopath on the inside. Covert, but I sort of wanted him to be mildly involved in political circles.

Maybe he's covertly been an envoy to the European Union/USRNA (probably the latter if we only have two "teams" and they are English and American) on behalf of the Crown Loyalists to try and garner help/information to overthrow the PUB? (Which, by the way, is a brilliantly hilarious name contraction!). This could also be a good link between the two teams as well, bring in CH's character. He'd have had to be subtle to keep PUB agents from discovering him, but also a good talker, charismatic and a decent diplomat as well.

Callie Del Noire

I'm interested but I literally can't think up a persona I like. Even enough to make up something. :D

Starlequin

I've decided to abandon my earlier attempts at a sniper or covert char. I'm working now on an adrenaline-thrashed thrill junkie pilot from the  UOB; should have him worked up soon (but we all know how that goes  ::) ).

Ramael

Is the thread creator still in for this? Haven't seen a post for a while. Still giggling over a bunch of British people asked to overthrow...the pub.

GloomCookie

*puts on a top-hat and monocle* You bet your ass I'm still in this.  Waiting for you guys to get me some more characters though.  I want a minimum of four to get going.  Hop to!
My DeviantArt

Kuroneko

I'm very interested in this game and have been following this thread with interest, but I'm not sure how well I'd be able to keep up with posting due to my RL committments.  I know this is a ridiculous question, but do you have any idea how fast this game might move, post wise?  I think the idea is fantastic, but I wouldn't want to hold anyone up.
Ons & Offs//Requests//Where is the Black Cat?
Current Posting Time - Once a Week or More

"One should either be a work of art, or wear a work of art" ~ Oscar Wilde
"I dream of painting and then I paint my dream" ~ Vincent Van Gogh

Starlequin

I don't think its a ridiculous question at all, Kuroneko. I'd like to know, as well, given that I'm no doubt one of the slowest posters on the boards. I'm not really comfortable committing to a rate much faster than 1-2 a week, myself. Sometimes I can post faster, but sometimes i cant, and i wouldn't like one of my slower periods to infect the rest of the game, especially if others have some momentum built up.

GloomCookie

Hmm.  I usually like fast responses to mine, but given that I'm wanting lots of players, once or twice a week isn't unreasonable.  Provided you have nice pretty posts for me and not one-liners that I want to use like a stick and beat you with *shakes fist, looking malicious in top hat and monocle*
My DeviantArt

Starlequin

Name: Jean-Michelle Reinhardt
Country of Origin: European Union
Citizenship: Dual EU/UOC Citizenship
SPecialization: Pilot
Brief Bio: As a child growing up in a small suburb outside Paris, Jean-Michelle was rather timid and supremely cautious. He always carried a small packet of first aid supplies in his book bag, he followed every rule he could find pertaining to safety, and he never failed to look both ways before crossing even the emptiest and most tranquil streets. His parents, naturally, were thrilled to have such a safety-conscious child, and encouraged his careful demeanor; his mother often went on what her husband jokingly called 'proofing binges', removing or neutralizing the many subtle dangers and threats that lurked within their home environment (locking away pesticides and cleaning supplies behind triple-locked doors, ensuring the kitchen knives each had their own protective sleeves, installing half a dozen smoke detectors and three fire extinguishers in every room in the house, etc.), and his father obeyed every rule of auto safety every time Jean-Michelle ever saw him behind the wheel.

However, even the most pefect safety measures can't protect anyone forever, and when Jean-Michelle was nine years old, after almost a decade without suffering so much as a papercut or a stubbed toe, the boy's luck ran out. Coming home late one rainy night from a friend's birthday party, his father Pierre driving along at 20Km below the posted limit and dutifully employing his turn signals even though they were the only vehicle on the road, a small white cat darted out into the middle of the street and startled Pierre into losing control of the family car. The vehicle spun out as Jean-Michelle and his mother Yvette squalled in terror in the backseat -- and then came to a slow stop, its passenger-side tires lodging themselves up on the sidewalk corner. No one was injured, and the Reinhardt family collected themselves and puttered on home. But for Jean-Michelle, the damage was done.

As he lay in bed later that night, replaying the accident in his mind, his head and heart began to feel funny. He'd just been in the first accident of his entire (short) life...and walked away from it. His heart was still pounding, his entire body felt tingly, and his feet wouldn't stop wriggling under the covers. Jean-Michelle was reliving his first taste of adrenaline -- and he loved it. Thus began young Reinhardt's lifelong addiction to excitement.

When he was fourteen, Jean-Michelle terrified his parents by petitioning for the chance to earn his junior pilot's license, and after months of begging and pleading and bargaining and teenage tantrums, they finally gave in. He quickly attained his first license, and has felt at home in the air ever since. After earning his full certifications on several different classes of aircraft, Jean-Michelle began working as a charter pilot all over Europe, and garnered a reputation for giving his passengers a speedy (though sometimes harrowing) ride to their destination, wherever it may have been.

In the late '80s and early '90s, Jean-Michelle began hearing rumors from some of his more connected passengers of impending political instability and other such unpleasantness in England, and its potential to wash over into the rest of Europe. In 2191, Jean-Michelle applied for and earned passage to the UOC, deciding to leave Earth's troubles behind for a little while. He applied for citizenship among the colonies and found work as a shuttle operator ferrying supplies and passengers between the stations and Earth. He loved the work, and the thrill of living in space was literally out of this world, but after a few years even this excitement began to wear off. So when he heard new rumors from new passengers about possible resistance groups forming planetside to overthrow the People's Union of Britain, a new possibility blossomed in his mind. He'd never been in a war before. It sounded like fun! Jean-Michelle returned to Terra Firma, wondering how one was supposed to get in touch with underground subversives. Maybe they'd need someone to give them a ride...

Revenent

If we're doing espionage, I hope we get someone who specializes in Covert next. I'm not sure how much a Hacker, a Heavy, and a Pilot are going to accomplish together.

Sain

The concept seems very neat just from skimming it through fast. Gonna put up a character after I read it thoroughly just gotta finish some stuff first. Might have some questions though.
PM box is open. So is my discord: Sain#5301

Sain

Name:Alex Mond

Country of Origin: South Africa

Citizenship: None (Was removed the citizenship of African Federation so tracking her would be harder.)

Specialization: Sniper

Brief Bio:Alex was born to a moderately wealthy family in one of the largest cities in South Africa. Both of her parents were leading a successful career both before and after she was born. This however, did not limit the time they could spend with her during weekends and holidays. From a very young age she expressed interest in military and war, stuff her parents wished she'd rather leave for her little brother to handle but they didn't have enough heart to say no when she said she wanted to..  Alex enrolled into a military boarding school as many other children who aspired to one day fight in front lines up north.

Patriotic views and respect for rules as well as obeying commands were pounded into Alex and other little cadets' heads so that they could remember them even in their sleep. There, she grew up to be a fine young woman who knew how to make her brothers and sisters in arms laugh at campfires, take apart and reassemble almost any weapon built so far, fire said weapons and other basics of warfare alongside the general education courses. Between campfires and rifles, she preferred the latter.

When most of the cadets of Alex's year began turning eighteen, some government officials visited her institution to keep a presentation of their future possibilities. Test were taken a few weeks after, where both physical and mental aspects of the trainees were pushed to their utter limits so that decisions could be made. Graduation formalities followed the tests. Alex didn't have much goodbyes to say. A few people told her to stay in contact but they all knew those bonds would be forgotten in a year or so. Event though a loving family was there to welcome Alex back home, she couldn't quite enjoy it, knowing that any day a letter would arrive. A letter that would be her future. It did arrive. A letter bearing SSZ markings.

Next month a rigorous training, nothing like Alex or any other applicant had gotten used to, began at a secret location near sniper squad Zulu headquarters. Patience, pain tolerance, survival skills and among all the trademark sniping skills were taught to her. Alex was quite surprised how much more it was mathematics and physics than actual instinctive trigger pulling. To hit a mark few kilometers away with the modern rifles needed you to take into account multiple different ways winds blow, air temperature, firing angle heck even the Coriolis effect if you wanted to make a clean shot between the eyes. Although Alex had been quite the patriot before, only at Zulu sniping training she truly began to believe that by "removing" certain people you could actually make a difference - make the world a little better.

It was not before her 23th year that Alex began taking actual missions as a Zulu sniper. Three years went without much problems, with average of one job per two weeks. Targets varied from field officers of the local warlords to political figures trying to slow development of the African Federation. Family back south had little idea of what Alex was doing but was nonetheless quite proud or at least brother and father were, mother was utterly terrified.

On one job was sent to go against a strange target that they didn't have much info on. Only that he was some important figure from around the Europe and would provide a local warlord up north with means to attain some high tech mechs. Mission failed. Alex was knocked unconscios while adjusting her scope and doing her calculations from a place she had been told was safe. She woke up restrained, unable to speak or move, sitting on some chair in a dark room with else but a door in it. The same man she was supposed to snipe entered. He was wearing nice clothes and some expensive smelling cologne. The man was quite fat. With a cheery tone he explained how happy he was to finally have his hands on an authentic Zulu sniper. The man told Alex that he completely understood what she was going to do next if they'd ungag her. Bite her tongue and suicide but he wouldn't like it. He then showed a remarkable small piece of equipment to Alex, a microscopic device called the slave chip, basically a one way receiver that was next to impossible to hack or remove. It had three options: make the subject feel unbearable headache (which Alex got to feel right away as the guy played with his remote), knock the subject out or simply blow their head off. The man said he understood that Alex wouldn't care about this as she was already prepared to take her own life but her mind changed completely as he told that her family back south had also been implanted same kind of chips without them knowing. She was given the option to either work for this maniac or have her family's heads go boom..

Left with no other choice, Alex complied. She soon found out that the man who had kidnapped her was a high ranking member in the People's Union of Britain. He had been building his own power by doing what any power hungry bastard does, killing his enemies.
For little less than a year Alex has been working, assasinating crown loyalist, corporation big shots and others who'd make it harder for her boss to rise and shine inside the government. She keeps telling herself that atleast she's not doing anything against the African Union and that she must do this to keep her family alive.
PM box is open. So is my discord: Sain#5301

orderNchaos

Hey, I k now I said I was going to build a CS last week but with my wedding and all I got a "little bit" distracted.  I'm back now and still interested if you still have space!

orderNchaos

Name: Violet Dargo "UltraViolet
Country of Origin: Vallis Alpes Station, Luna
Citizenship:United Orbital Collective
Specialization: Covert 
Brief Bio:  Violet grew up as a spacer, helping her father and mother transport goods from Luna and Earth to Lagrange point.  Violet's mother was killed by a group of thugs when she was 17 during a trade visit to Britannia.  Her father sold their transport and used the money to support his hunt of the thugs responsible since the local Magistrate refused to help.  After two years of searching the men were finally brought to justice and the bounty for previous crimes afforded Violet and her father the money to continue building on their success.  Over the past ten years Violet learned a number of skills which allow her to hunt and capture fugitives.  Two years ago her father was killed by a Yakuza hit squad in retaliation for the capture of one of their bosses.  Violet has spent the last two years staying one step ahead of the Yakuza and honing her skills. 

Violet has a reputation in the freelance community as a one woman strike team.  Able to infiltrate almost any facility unnoticed and extract a target quickly.  She has moderate skills in hacking security systems and is rated on most weapons from blades to bullets and beyond.  Her normal outfit, a silver body suit which changes color and texture to match her surroundings, provides her the ability to move unseen in most environments.  A recent trip to the Republic of North America to track down a political fugitive from the European Union allowed her a chance to enhance her hearing and sight with cyber implants, giving her the ability to see in multiple spectrums of light and hear frequencies outside the normal range for humans.  Her weapons of choice are a modified P-90 with cyber enhanced sights and a Vibro-Katana she took off of the body of the Yakuza soldier who killed her father.

Voilet is good at what she does, but tends to give into her emotions and let her impulses drive her actions which have lead to a number of uncomfortable situations in the past.  Her impulsiveness also tends to drive a violent side of her personality lending to the nickname UltraViolent instead of Ultraviolet for the unseen spectrum of light which is always there.