News:

"Forbidden Fruit [L-H]"
Congratulations Mellific & Swashbuckler for completing your RP!

Main Menu

Looking for a GM for Pathfinder.

Started by Blinkin, July 25, 2013, 03:35:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Blinkin

I love the Pathfinder system, but I freely admit that I don’t have the experience in it to even think about running a game, so I’m looking for someone who would be willing to take a broad, general and fairly bare bones concept that I have and run with it… I would love a long term game that stands the test of time and player dedication to the story, but one step at a time, right?

The concept is one that deals with slavery and the cause of battling it on a small scale in hopes that the small victories and losses may change the path of a world.

Viscount Bremmin has called a group of adventurers together with the promise of well pay and a cause that is dear to their hearts. Standing before the roaring fire, his hand filled with a tumbler of brandy, he addresses the gathered party, “Thank you for coming to my call. Each of your reputations has preceded you and that reputation is why you are here.” He turns back to the fire, his forearm resting on the mantle as he gazes into the fire for several seconds. “I will not beat around the bush. I’m willing to pay each of you who take my offer a substantial amount, provide support and backing for your movement if you will do one task for me.”

He lifts his eyes and looks from one set of eyes to the next, “Find and free my daughter from the slavers who have abducted her… whatever it requires, however it must be done. Help me and I will insure that your own fight against slavery continues for the rest of my life.”

In my mind, I see the party as either already established, or a recently gathered group who, for whatever personal reason, are waging a personal war against slavers and slavery in general; focusing on the slavers themselves rather than just anyone who happens to own a slave, and willing to at least discuss the potential boon that is being offered.

The trail of the daughter should be somewhat long and involved as simply going out and tracking her down doesn’t have much drama or opportunity for adventure; a means to an end of a greater story.

Everything is, of course, up to the potential GM who might take the story on, but my own personal preferences are:

A 25-30 point buy, or 4D6 (reroll 1’s) and drop lowest.
   Starting level 5-8
   No gun-slingers or summoners
   Sticking to the standard races (Humans, elves, dwarves, half-elves, half-orcs, gnomes, Halflings, etc)   
   Alignments be in the Good or Neutral range (IE, No evil)
   I get into the game… lol
   Any potential player be in it for the long haul; I really want to see a game that last for more than 6 weeks for a change.

Again, these things are all up to the GM who ultimately accepts the challenge… if one will… and what he or she decides to do with the storyline.

I think that there’s a lot of opportunity for drama, character development and even more than a little smut. ;)
"I am a Southern Gentleman, which means that I'm a rogue and a scoundrel. When I'm not kissin' the hands of married women, I'm slipping off their wedding rings."
My Ons' & offs'
Absenses & Apologies (Updated 3/02/23)
Blinkins' Thinkin's (Story Ideas)
Yes, I really am blind.
Being Literate is the ability to read and understand a language. When you ask for literate, what you are looking for is Verbosity, which is the ability to use lots of words without actually saying very much... like politicians. I consider myself both literate and verbose.

Ixy

Blinkin-- I'd love to see this come about, but I'm kind of a lousy GM.  I could help out with NPCs and would like to play a character or two, but I don't think I'll by much more help than that.  I hope this happens anyway :)

Blinkin

Hi Ixy,

I could handle the storytelling side of the story, it's mainly the mechanics that I'm way, way, way way way over my head in and I am more than aware that if I try to run the game that I can't play in it. That just doesn't work very well in the long run... and I really want to play! lol

I don't think that gathering enough players will be a significant problem; it seems that it's more often an over-abundance of players that's the issue... it's the shortage of GM's that keeps slapping me in the face. lol

In the end, I've GMed AD&D in the past, even ran GURPS once, but Pathfinder is just not a system that I've had enough in depth experience with to even think about running... My total experience has been On E, and none of the games has ever made it beyong the 6 to 8 week mark. When I join a game, I'm in it until the end, and I think that my track record speaks pretty well to that... hopefully when (Not if) a GM accepts, there will be enough interest to find the 4 to 5 players that most like.
"I am a Southern Gentleman, which means that I'm a rogue and a scoundrel. When I'm not kissin' the hands of married women, I'm slipping off their wedding rings."
My Ons' & offs'
Yes, I really am blind.
Being Literate is the ability to read and understand a language. When you ask for literate, what you are looking for is Verbosity, which is the ability to use lots of words without actually saying very much... like politicians. I consider myself both literate and verbose.

Countdown0

I would be willing to GM your campaign.

Pathfinder isn't my "alma mater" as far as role playing, but it is based off of the D&D 3.5 system, with IS the foundation of my role playing background.

I would probably have a few changes to the starting character set-up, but nothing too drastic or game changing.
My posting rate is SLOOOW at the moment... sorry about that :(

On's + Off's                             
RP Search Thread
A/A's

Muse

I would love to play if that's okay, or at least have a chance to apply. 

*Sighes*  Summoner hate is contagious. :P  What bugs everyone so much about them?  *Sweat drop*
A link for all of us who ever had a shouting match with our muse: http://www.ted.com/talks/elizabeth_gilbert_on_genius.html

How to set this Muse ablaze (O/Os)

When the little angel won't appear no matter how many plum blossoms you swirl:  https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=135346.msg16474321#msg16474321 (Major update 5/10/2023)

Countdown0

Quote from: Muse on July 26, 2013, 01:45:12 AM
  I would love to play if that's okay, or at least have a chance to apply. 

*Sighes*  Summoner hate is contagious. :P  What bugs everyone so much about them?  *Sweat drop*

Game-breaking power?

Actually, if Blinkin let's me GM the game I will probably only allow core classes to keep things simple.

On's + Off's                             
RP Search Thread
A/A's

Blinkin

Quote from: Countdown0 on July 25, 2013, 11:29:40 PM
I would be willing to GM your campaign.

Pathfinder isn't my "alma mater" as far as role playing, but it is based off of the D&D 3.5 system, with IS the foundation of my role playing background.

I would probably have a few changes to the starting character set-up, but nothing too drastic or game changing.

As I understand it, there isn't a lot of difference between Pathfinder and D&D3.5, except for the amount of source material, they are essencially the same... As I understand it.

If you're willing to run the game, then you're hired! lol

The only stipulation that I require to go unchanged in my preferences is that I get to play in the thing. ;) Everything else is open to change to whatever you feel would fit your style and conception of the scenario requires. I don't have any conditions on how the game goes and the scenario presented is certainly not where the game has to go. I just thought that it was a fair place to begin with an idea

Thanks for taking up the challenge... Now, how to turn the subject line into an interest thread... I've never been able to do that...
My Ons' & offs'
Yes, I really am blind.

Blinkin

Ah, Mr. Muse. I knew that you might appear here. ;)

I'm leaving group selection and conditions up to the GM. What he will allow is in his court. My own personal opinion on summoners is that they are game killers more often than not because they have an unbalancing effect. Then, it seems that the only people who want to be around them are the people who play them... all of the time. ;) It's a bit hard on party cohesion the times that I've seen a summoner, so that's my objection to them. As for gun-slingers, I'm a traditionalist and portable guns were not a part of the fantasy relm (much less the historic one) until near the rennessaunce period. A relatively late addition and just doesn't belong in the setting...  Whenever I see one, I swear they are more like old-west characters than mid-evial ones. But, just my opinion.

Since character classes have been brought up, I'm very likely to play a ranger in this. Will there be a problem with the animal companion? If it doesn't fit your concept of the scenario, it's cool, but I have yet to get to use one and it's almost THE thing that draws players to the class. I promise no big lizards or insects. ;)
My Ons' & offs'
Yes, I really am blind.

steelsmiter

I'd be interested in playing if the GM is OK with an APG Savage Barbarian, and it's me.
I don't play in PMs
Who wants to join an incest registry?
O/Os
Download RPGs I wrote on my Discord!
So anyway I guess I'm steelsmiter on fetlife now. Hit me up and tell me you're from E!

Muse

*smiles* 

I'll pitch a concept as soon as I hear back on what is meant by 'core'.  (Core book only?  Or just the stuff published by Paizo?)  It would also be nice to know about the pantheon you'd like to use for this world, as I may well pitch a cleric. 
A link for all of us who ever had a shouting match with our muse: http://www.ted.com/talks/elizabeth_gilbert_on_genius.html

When the little angel won't appear no matter how many plum blossoms you swirl:  https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=135346.msg16474321#msg16474321 (Major update 5/10/2023)

steelsmiter

Well in the APG, Ultimate Magic, and Ultimate Combat, additional 20 level classes are referred to as Base Classes. so... yeah there's that possibility.
I don't play in PMs
O/Os
So anyway I guess I'm steelsmiter on fetlife now. Hit me up and tell me you're from E!

Blinkin

Anyone know if a Ranger's favored enemy can be a class? Such as "Humanoid (slavers)"?

Just curious... I seem to recall seeing someone who played one with a favored enemy of Humanoid; Evil once... so I was curious.
My Ons' & offs'
Yes, I really am blind.

steelsmiter

Well, I am of the opinion that if you could pick a race (there's what like 7 subcategories) a single alignment (of which there are 9 subcategories) isn't unreasonable, Slavery is typically both illegal and amoral so you've got Chaotic Evil specifically right there.  If you're against institutionalized slavery you could specify lawful evil. But then again some GMs may think all humanoids restricted to one alignment is too restrictive and give you all three evils.The drawback is that you can't restrict it by profession. Evil is Evil, etc.

Can't say there's anything against picking a given social class, or a given character class for that matter. If you hated fighters, you could hate an ogre fighter. The same way if you hated ogres, the fact that the ogre has fighter levels would be a restriction on your hate.

but there is a considerable amount of unbalance for social classes. For example, nobles hate commoners, and commoners hate nobles. It's a lot more likely for a commoner to be a Ranger than a Noble. Social constructs aside, this is in a way, more balanced. If nobles got a damage bonus against commoners... that's a lot larger a category than the other way around.

That doesn't mean the answer is no.
I don't play in PMs
O/Os

BraveEarth

No can't be a class, There is no Slaver class regardless

steelsmiter

Slaver is a member of the merchant social class to which the original question referred. That's little c class not big C Class.
I don't play in PMs
O/Os

Ixy

I come from the school of gaming that says that, if the GM decides it's not unfair, game-breaking, etc, then it's fine in the game.  That's why they're called the Game Master, or the Dungeon Master, or the Storyteller, or what not-- they're in charge of giving everyone an interesting game.  I don't see how it would be unbalancing except that we know that slavers will be frequent enemies in this game.  Maybe it applies only to those who run the operation-- not the petty thugs that protect the camp-- just those who do the actual handling or abuse of the innocent people.

steelsmiter

Quote from: Ixy on July 26, 2013, 07:11:10 PM
Maybe it applies only to those who run the operation-- not the petty thugs that protect the camp-- just those who do the actual handling or abuse of the innocent people.
As well it should, but honestly I can't imagine a "game breaking" favored enemy, the bonuses seem to me rather too small for such worries.
I don't play in PMs
O/Os

Ixy

Quote from: steelsmiter on July 26, 2013, 07:17:36 PM
As well it should, but honestly I can't imagine a "game breaking" favored enemy, the bonuses seem to me rather too small for such worries.

I agree. 

Blinkin

Perhaps I should of said a profession rather than a class (little C). Slaver being said profession, like soldier, bodyguard, buglar or tax collector... as examples.

Simply going with too broad of a group, such as "evil" gives too wide of a base to abuse and while the benefits of favored enemy are relatively minor early on, Rangers traditionally went for the favored enemy before anything else, and I'm not entirely sure that it would be much different than a Paladin's rooting out any evil. Alignment really doesn't help narrow it.

On the other hand, racially speaking, "Orcs" is fairly broad, but it's not as spanning as others might be... there is a "Human" option, so that logic goes out the window. lol

I think in the end, unless the GM goes for a profession as a favored enemy, it's be traditonal racial picks. I won't be upset as it's not a big deal, but the option would fit nicely into the background that I was thinking about.
My Ons' & offs'
Yes, I really am blind.

steelsmiter

I don't know. If it were me, I don't think requiring a specific evil is too broad, though it is true that certain professions reflect certain alignments more. Unfortunately if you go for alignments you couldn't hate a Neutral slaver. likewise if you assume that most sex workers are chaotic good, it would make more sense to hate prostitutes or madams (who do something that makes people feel good but is illegal) because you could hate a neutral good prostitute then as well. Just an example I'm not saying all sex workers are CG, but that using profession as a guideline certainly adds characterization. You might not hate orcs or, humans in particular but certainly those of this profession.

That does beg an interesting question though, What about retired slavers? If your hatred of them is either present or lacking based on something besides having ranks in that particular profession, you don't really hate all slavers, but that leaves the whole issue of reformed vs. "once a slaver, always a slaver". That's at the very least an added complication onto the issue of using profession.
I don't play in PMs
O/Os

Countdown0

When I say core classes, I guess that can easily be interpreted in many ways. Yes, classes from the Corerule Book only would be my preference. That said, if you pitch me a character concept that I think will fit amazingly well, I can be convinced to let you play something else.

I will be standing by the "no gunslingers, no summoners" ruling though. There might be very basic gunpowder weapons in the campaign though, but they will be extremely rare, and most people will not be trained to use them. And no, there wont be any old-west style people with the guns.

There's a lot of information for me to provide, so I'll fill everyone in as best I can.

@Blinkin,  you can choose to use your "Hunter's Bond" class feature to either provide yourself with an animal companion, or you can use "Hunter's Bond" as sort of an area of effect buff to your allies, allowing them to share your favored enemy bonus (half value) against a single target of the appropriate type. You can only choose one of these though: buff your allies or animal companion.

Also, your favorite enemy can't be "Humanoid: Slavers". You can't really choose "Humanoid: Evil" either.The problem is that a Ranger get's their bonuses over their favored enemy (enemies) because they know their behavior and study them. Its not drawn purely from hating them.

For an example, an Evil Barbarian (human) and an Evil Monk (Human) will both behave differently in how they fight. Just being Evil doesn't necessarily mean they behave the same or share the same weaknesses. However, because they are both human, "Humanoid: Human" as your favored enemy would mean you know the weaknesses of the human body and human mind, and could exploit them as such.

You can choose favored enemy "Outsider: Evil", because evil outsiders like, demons and devils, generally share the same weaknesses: they are arrogant, cruel, paranoid, prideful. And having studied their weaknesses, you would know where the 'weak spots' are on their body and how their "societies" work, making it easier for you to scared them or lie to them.

The point is, not all slavers are the same species, or fight the same way. They don't all think and act the same way, so you couldn't study to be better at killing all slavers. Some will use magic. Some will use brute force. Some will use deception. Some will use blackmail.

@steelsmiter, I have no problem with you playing as a Savage Barbarian. However, because they are described as having "little training in modern arms", I'll rule that your character will not have proficiency in any Martial Weapons that racial feats don't give them. You are still proficient all Simple Weapons though.

@Muse, it will be good to have a cleric. Too often, nobody wants to play the cleric >.< For a pantheon and picking a deity and such, I'll ask that you use this resource ==> http://pathfinder.wikia.com/wiki/Portal:Religion
Just scroll down to the "Find a Deity" section and pick whoever you feel fits your character best. I'll be using canon source material for things like that so everyone knows what they are dealing with. That said, if you prefer, you can create your own deity and religion, as long as you clear the tenants and beliefs of that deity and the religion with me first.

Also, just throwing this out there. steelsmiter, prostitution is NOT illegal in my in game world. Not in most places, anyway. You wont find any sex workers hanging around Magrim's temples, but they will be around.

Anyway, if anyone has any questions about how I plan on running the game and what is allowed, fire away :D

On's + Off's                             
RP Search Thread
A/A's

Blinkin

Well.. first, let me say that the comment that I'm about to quote is simply a quote and does not reflect my views on race.

"The only good jap is a dead Jap..."

I tend to view the original intention of the favored enemy in those terms; from way back in the 1st edition AD&D days. The whole reason for it was that the ranger had something that he hated, or was so devoted to killing, that it didn't matter the circomstances, it had to die. This does, of course, forget the whole argument about age or profession. Is a goblin child immune from the wrath of a ranger? An old knoll sitting against a tree in the woods? The social issues are mainly ignored because it removes an over-complication of morality. All drow are evil, all goblins are savage and all orcs are bad. It's not that simple, of course, but that's part of the beauty of role-playing.

In any profession, there are good, bad and ugly... or at least less attractive members. Are all prostitutes drug abusers? Are all brick masons diligent in their work? All dwarves greedy? In the same breath, dwarves are a racial option for favored enemy, which means that the Ranger must think so, or he wouldn't want to kill them so bady that he has a knack for it.
Ok, the points on slavers makes sense. It was just a random thought anyway and I'll decide on favored enemy and terrain in the old fashioned way. :)

Th I wanted to go with an animal companion as the Nature Bond because, to be honest, I've never been able to and having the opportunity appeals to me. I guess that we'll have to work out who has control of it and how much.

The only questions that I have are how to generate ability scores and level. I would assume that starting wealth is standard for said level?

Oh, and will you allow prestige classes? Not sure if I'll bother, but it's worth thinking about if you are.
My Ons' & offs'
Yes, I really am blind.

Countdown0

Dwarves are a racial option, but remember that all dwarves are dwarves. Their hearts are in the same place. Their lungs. They have the same natural strengths and weaknesses. Think of it like being a fisherman. You are good at catching fish. Will you possibly have a favorite kind that you like to go after and tailor your methods to improve your odds of catching them? Of course, but you are still a fisherman.

To another point, just hating something doesn't mean you are good at fighting against it. Remember that the Ranger also receives skill bonuses when using skills (including knowledge) against favored enemies. Skills are not born of emotion, but of study and training. The Rangers favored enemy is a reflection of his/her greater knowledge about how to combat them.

My mother hates snakes, but she knows nothing about them. She's hated them her whole life, but she would have no knowledge of how to most effectively kill one. For this reason, I'm going with favored enemies as a Ranger's skill at fighting something s/he is very good at fighting, not something s/he hates.

On's + Off's                             
RP Search Thread
A/A's

steelsmiter

Quote from: Countdown0 on July 26, 2013, 08:46:30 PM
@steelsmiter, I have no problem with you playing as a Savage Barbarian. However, because they are described as having "little training in modern arms", I'll rule that your character will not have proficiency in any Martial Weapons that racial feats don't give them. You are still proficient all Simple Weapons though.
Since that concept was not core to the original archetype I'll have to pass. Gimping a class for no reason other than flavor text when the original writers wrote it a specific way is stupid. Sorry if that's offensive.
I don't play in PMs
O/Os

Countdown0

Not offensive. I just personally think that free armor and a bonus against fear is much stronger than a bonus against traps, so the Barbarian would have to give up something more, especially since the effectiveness and challenge of traps against player characters falls off greatly not long after level 7, when the Savage Barbarian would also gain natural AC.

I'd be willing to negotiate some specific martial weapons with you if you really have your heart set on the Savage Barbarian with a greataxe or halberd or scythe or some other martial weapon, but I'm not going to just give a class a net gain in overall power, especially when Barbarians are already so powerful in Pathfinder with their rage powers, as well as their ability to absorb copious amounts of damage and smash just about anything that get's within 5 feet.

On's + Off's                             
RP Search Thread
A/A's

steelsmiter

Quote from: Countdown0 on July 26, 2013, 09:52:10 PM
Not offensive. I just personally think that free armor and a bonus against fear is much stronger than a bonus against traps, so the Barbarian would have to give up something more, especially since the effectiveness and challenge of traps against player characters falls off greatly not long after level 7, when the Savage Barbarian would also gain natural AC.
I'd be willing to negotiate some specific martial weapons with you if you really have your heart set on the Savage Barbarian with...
Well, see if you'd have opened with that I'd still be inclined to disagree about this net gain business especially since fear can't kill you (except through Phantasmal Killer (I think that's what they called it in PF, I usually don't play casters) and similar, which can also function as traps as far as I know), but I'd accept it. The weapon in question is a glaive. That's pretty much all I want. Inspired by the fact that the glaive pictured in CRB looked awfully toothy ;D. The character calls it a spear because that's what her tribe has always called it. Heck, maybe the members of her tribe that are not ancestrally gifted so to speak can't use the glaive.

QuoteI'm not going to just give a class a net gain in overall power, especially when Barbarians are already so powerful in Pathfinder with their rage powers, as well as their ability to absorb copious amounts of damage and smash just about anything that get's within 5 feet.
Alright I'll grant you that barbarians with particular rage powers are quite FTW/WTF, but honestly fear/traps... I don't see an applicable difference in power level though again as I said above I'll get over it.
I don't play in PMs
O/Os

Countdown0

You could definitely go with a Glaive being a traditional weapon in her tribe, and therefore her being proficient with it if you'd like that.

Also, its not just the fear to trap trade, but also the bonus armor that comes with the resistance against fear.

Anyway, I'd be happy to have you if you still want to play, and I don't have a problem with you having weapon proficient with glaives by default.

On's + Off's                             
RP Search Thread
A/A's

Ixy

So, based on this setting, I'm leaning toward either a half-elf monk or a sorceress, based on the character background I have in mind.  Have you any specific guidelines for character creation: I believe you mentioned core races and classes, which sounds good to me.  Should we follow a point-but system?  I'm planning on using just the Core Rulebook section of the PRD: http://paizo.com/pathfinderRPG/prd/

Thanks again for your time on this game

Countdown0

We will be following a point buy system.

For this game, I'm gonna go with a 28 point buy for your abilities, before bonus points from leveling and from race. Starting with Pathfinder standard (everything starts at 10, which is free and costs 0 points).

Here is a point buy calculator: http://tools.digitalightbulb.com/pbcalc.html

Since scores below 10 actually add more points for you to buy other scores with, I'm okay with you reducing your score below 7, and I'll just do special math for that. Bear in mind that a score below 7 is a big weakness, but it will allow you to have a lot of strength in other places. Each step below 7 will add another -1.

It will look like this:

6 = -5
5 = -6
4 = -7
3 = -8

You could have, through this, three 18's as your scores. However, you would also have two 3's and a 4, so you would dominate in some things and struggle in others.

Also, I'd like everyone to start their characters at level 8.

On's + Off's                             
RP Search Thread
A/A's

steelsmiter

Oh you posted before I could reply. I like to play from the ground up. Sorry.
I don't play in PMs
O/Os

Countdown0

Ah, you like level 1 starts?

Sorry about that. Blinkin wanted this to be between 5 and 8. I'd prefer every start their characters at level 8. You could do level 5 if you like, but really, anything lower than that and either the encounters will be overwhelming for your character or too easy for the people who are level 8.

On's + Off's                             
RP Search Thread
A/A's

steelsmiter

Yeah I'm not that worried about it. I'll just skip this one. It's my own fault anyway for not seeing all that level 5-8 business. Moreover I'm really sorry for wasting everyones time by being a system deciding factor then not really playing. I feel a bit like a douche in that regard but as they say... back to the drawing board...
I don't play in PMs
O/Os

Ixy

I have a Zen Archer about 3/4 done... I'll need to add up scores/bonuses and some wealth options (preferably some bracers, cloak of protection, and a bow).  Again, the background idea is pretty much set... I'll write it down when I'm more awake.  It'd be great to have additional character ties... maybe someone wants to partner up, RP some backstory?

Thanks for your time... http://www.myth-weavers.com/sheetview.php?sheetid=618704

Blinkin

I'm always willing to talk about backstories. I can't use Mythweavers, but I could probably read the thing.

So, it's looking like me, Muse and Ixy. Room for a couple of more, depending on our illustrious GM's approval.

I have a ranger about 2/3rds done, just have to adjust the atts and what's connected to them and he/she is ready to go.
My Ons' & offs'
Yes, I really am blind.

Muse

So we have a Zen Archer and a ranger? 

I asked Pretty In Pink to play a cleric so I can play sorcerer/dragon discpiple, if that's okay? 

Let's see, core book only.  That means no traits and no alternative class features.  * nods*  I can handle that.  Warn me if I grab something off of the SRD that doesn't belong in the core book. 

Pretty in Pink

Hey, Blinkin.  You just can't seem to get away from me.  :P

And Muse, with all the books you have, you don't have the PF Core Book?

And I'm probably going to go with Sarenrae for my Deity, and go Healing primary.
[FLOATLEFT][/FLOATLEFT]O.O ~{=}~ Ideas ~{=}~ A&A[FLOATRIGHT][/FLOATRIGHT]

I've taken the Oath of the Drake for Group RP

Muse

*Snickers*  Well, my hard copy is on loan somewhere.  I'm sure I have a digital, but the SRD is just so much easier to navigate! 

Blinkin

Yeah, between you and Mr. Ah-Muse-ing, I can't seem to do anything without one of you appearing. *Sighs Dramatically* The fan club one gets. lol

No traits?? Awe man... I spent 30 minutes for nothing! Oh well... Can I at least have the durable arrows so I don't have to constantly stop off and make them every other day?
My Ons' & offs'
Yes, I really am blind.

Teo Torriatte

I think I fall under that as well to some point... but if you don't mind another 'usual suspect', then I would love to get in on this!

Teo Torriatte

Sorry for double posting, but it comes to my attention that we could use a rogue... so if I am accepted, I would love to play one.

Blinkin

I'm ok with it Luna, and howdy again. But, it's up to our GM in the end.

I was a little surprised that there wasn't a rogue offered before now.
My Ons' & offs'
Yes, I really am blind.

Blinkin

It seems that we're also short on actual front line types... a monk archer, a ranger, a cleric, sorcerer and rogue... Our only hope is ambush and pray. lol
My Ons' & offs'
Yes, I really am blind.

Muse

Here is Harmony Lexiphon reborn, a gold dragon dragon disciple, pyromancer, and all around idealistic sorceress.  :) 

It's just mechanics so far, I need to wait 'til PiP wakes up to finish her back story.  But I think the mechanics are ready for approval. 

http://www.myth-weavers.com/sheetview.php?sheetid=618834

Ixy

Quote from: Blinkin on July 27, 2013, 08:57:40 AM
It seems that we're also short on actual front line types... a monk archer, a ranger, a cleric, sorcerer and rogue... Our only hope is ambush and pray. lol

Personally, I VASTLY prefer a small party over one that fills every role.  I thought we had a barbarian, though?  I have other ideas as well, and if we're strongly concerned about balance, I'd have no problem with a couple other ideas... a barbarian or a fighter, even.

Blinkin

We had someone interested in a barbarian, yes, but he dropped out because we weren't starting at 1st level.

I was just commenting, no group that I've been in has been blessed with real front line types, usually they are all magic users. ;)
My Ons' & offs'
Yes, I really am blind.

Countdown0

Luna, I'd be fine with you making a rogue character.

Basically, it seems right now we have interest in 5 different player characters. If you want to get a front line type of person, I'd be okay with a group of 6. Anymore than that though, and things just start to get convoluted and most encounters would have to be above the party level in order to actually provide a challenge.

On's + Off's                             
RP Search Thread
A/A's

Pretty in Pink

I tend to build clerics a bit more front liney than most, so we have SOME front line.

Blinkin

The Ranger is as much front line as not, I just planned him/her (Undecided yet) around the bow. Although, he/she'll have a sword as backup, so there is that option as well.

Question... Is the progression slow, medium or fast? The amount of GP for equipment varies a bit... from 6K to 33K... although I would actually have a hard time spending 33K of gold. lol
My Ons' & offs'
Yes, I really am blind.

Pretty in Pink

>_>  I could spend that easily... were I playing the rogue.  :P  But I'm not.

But that is a very good question.  I believe Muse said something about 33k in a group convo I was in with him last night?

Countdown0

Blinkin, I think we'll go with medium progression for this game.

On's + Off's                             
RP Search Thread
A/A's

Blinkin

Ok, works for me... and yes, I could spend 33K, it's not hard, but it means going overboard on magic and most GM's frown on it... including me.

That's not to say that I won't do it myself, but that's me the player, not me the GM. lol

*marks off the +4 longbow and handy haversack* lol
My Ons' & offs'
Yes, I really am blind.

Hephaestus

If I may I would like to state boldly that I love several of your players and would like to fill your last slot. I will play someone frontline. But I dont have a concept to throw at you right now.

P.S.
   Heya Guys!
Plans are only good intentions unless they immediately degenerate into hard work.
~Peter Drucker~

Teo Torriatte

Hello Hephaestus! Would love to have you in the game!   :-)

Blinkin

Think that's up to the GM, so may not be great to sound like him. ;)

Who do we have?

Me, Ixy, muse, Luna, Hot in Red? That's 5...

Steelsmiter dropped out due to, if I understood it, he wanted to start at 1st level...

Can I get a idea of who's playing what sex?

Me: Undecided Ranger
Ixy: Monk Archer
Muse: Sorceror
Luna: Rogue?
Pretty In Pink: Cleric

Is that right?

BTW: I have no problem with a 6th player, but I'm not the GM and he may feel a bit overwhelmed by it.
My Ons' & offs'
Yes, I really am blind.

Countdown0

I have no problem with Hephaestus playing a sixth character, but that will be the maximum.

On's + Off's                             
RP Search Thread
A/A's

Pretty in Pink

Female here, Muse's char's twin sister.  :P

Ixy

Kali is a female Zen Archer. 

The basic background is that she was born into slavery and it was all she knew until, as a child, the ring was destroyed and she was left with a monastic order.  She has some strange personality quirks as a result, and doesn't recognize many societal norms, or emotional nuances.  It's all logic and openness-- no shame, no moral struggles, and no greed.

Blinkin

Here's the character, one Lara Redwood, and her animal Companion, "Sam" the Panther. Enjoy!Here's the character so far...

Ranger

Name: Lara Redwood         Player: Blinkin
Race: Half-Elf            Sex: Female
Class: Ranger            Favored Class: Ranger/fighter
Level: 8            EXP: 51,000
Alignment: Chaotic Good      Next Level:  275,000
Measurements: 36C-28-35      Weight:136 lbs

Physical Description:
Lara is a raven haired beauty with large, jade green eyes and full lips in a tanned, heart shaped face. Straight, dark brows and a straight, slightly upturned nose give her an exotic, look. A slender throat leads to shoulders that may be just a hint too wide and firm, well rounded breast that fills out her tunic in a most alluring way. A slender waist narrows before flaring out into well rounded hips and tight ass, which lead into toned, long legs. Most commonly seen in well made, if worn clothing of earthy tones, she moves with the fluid, unconscious grace of a predator; the low slung belt on her hips holding a long sword on the left side and a quiver on her right… a dagger hilt sticks from a sheath in her right boot. A longbow never seems to be far from her hands. A large, clack cat follows her like a shadow, its eyes almost matching Lara’s in color.

Personality:
Lara is a complex mixture of deadly seriousness and outrageous flirt. When she’s engaged in the business of keeping the forest and wilds free of evil… and the world at large free of every slaver she can lay eyes on, her focus is near total and her devotion to her profession almost like obsession. Her staked out range has a marked decrease in raids on the citizens… and a significant increase in the number of raider bodies.

When Lara isn’t doing business, she is an outgoing, live for the moment (It may be the last) and outrageous flirt. She doesn’t seem to have a particular sex that she teases and laughs with, just a need to count every minute and make it matter. If you’re a friend, you’re a friend for life, if you’re an enemy… well, don’t expect too much more life to have. Slow to trust and allow people into her life in a real way, once you reach her, you’re golden.

Background:
The youngest daughter of farmers, Lara’s first 10 years were relatively normal. Up before sun-up to begin the day, bed not long after sunset and hard, honest work in the middle. Even at the tender age of 10, Lara helped the family in any way that was needed; be it helping in the kitchen or gathering wild herbs and berries for the family plate, she was helping in the fields at harvest by the time she was old enough to be taught when the produce was ready to be picked. All in all, it was a good life and one that she had never wanted for.

Then, just after her 11th birthday, her world was turned over and she was forced to witness the horrors of death in all of its vivid details. She had been sent out into the nearby fields and woods to gather roots and berries; she had a particular knack for it, and returned to find that the farm was ablaze and her youngest brother dying at the edge of the fields with two arrows in his back. Through his blood flecked lips, Lara learned that a raiding party of slavers had appeared just after the older boys and their father had gone into the fields to work. The screams of her 2 sisters and mother had drawn the men back and a fight had taken place. In the end, her two older sisters had been taken and her mother raped until she died.

Although Lara was taken in by a neighboring farm, she never recovered from the trauma and her heart was filled with hate of those who stole the lives of people to put them into bondage and swore an oath before the town’s alter that she would not stop until her sisters were free and every slaver she could find laid in his own blood.

When Lara was 16, she met a man in the forest who was tracking a band of Orcs that had recently moved into the area. His rough clothing and earnest attitude drew Lara into pestering him to teach her more about the forest that she loved and that he seemed to know so much about. After some years, she became a Ranger and devoted herself to that profession… which gave her an excellent platform for her private little war.

Ability Scores:
STR:   14 (+2) Carry: L: 58, M: 116, H: 175
DEX:   18 (+4)
CON:   14 (+2)
INT:   13 (+1)
WIS:   14 +2)
CHA:   14 (+2)

Saving Throws:         Combat:
Fort: +8         HP: 71/71
Reflex: +10         Init: +4
Will: +4         Speed: 30’

Offense:            Defense:
BAB:+8/+3            AC: 20
TAB: +11/6            AC (Flatfooted): 16
Ranged: +14            AC (Touch):14
CMB:+10            CMD:22
AC(Special): +2 vs Orcs, +4 VS Giants

Class Skills
5   Climb (STR) (3+2)
14   Craft; Bows (INT) (3+1+2+8)
13   Handle Animal (CHA) (3+2+8)
7   Heal (WIS) (3+2+2)
7   Knowledge; Dungeoneering (INT) (3+1+3)
7   Knowledge; Geography (INT) (3+1+3)
7   Knowledge; Nature (INT) (3+1+3)
14   Perception (WIS) (3+2+2+8)
6   Profession; Hunter (WIS) (3+2+1)
7   Ride (DEX) (3+4)
8   Spellcraft (INT) (3+1+4)
15   Stealth (DEX) (3+4+8)
16   Survival (WIS) (3+2+3+8)
5   Swim (STR) (3+2)
20   Track (Survival+1/2 level)

Languages: Common, Elven, Orc

Feats/Racial Traits: (RF=Racial Feat, CF=Class Feature)

RF -   Skill Focus; Survival
   Point Blank Shot
CF -   1st Favored Enemy:  Orcs
CF - Track
CF -   Wild Empathy ( Adds level nd CHA to diplomacy roll to effect wild animals)
CF -   Precise Shot
Weapon Focus; Longbows
CF -   Endurance
CF -   First Favored Terrain:: Forest
Cf-   Hunter’s Bond ; Leopard
Boon Companion
CF-   2nd Favored Enemy; Giants
CF -   Many Shot
   Weapon Specialization; Longbows
CF-   Woodland Stride
CF   Swift Tracker
CF -   Second Favored Terrain; Plains

Traits/racial traits:
Elven Immunities: Immune to magical sleep and +2 vs charm spells/effects.
Keen Senses (+2 to perception
Lowlight vision: 60’
Elf Blood: counts as human & elf for effects related to race.
Multitalented: Gains 2 favored classes & may take +1 HP or Skill Level for either. Addaptible: Gains spell focus as bonus feat

Spells:  2 1st, 2 2nd
Current:
1st: Residual Tracking, Speak With Animals
2nd: Speak with plants, Web Shelter

Coin:
GP:56
SP:12
CP:9

Equipment:
+1 Comp. Longbow(+2 STR): Dam: 1D6+3, Crit: x3, Wt: 0, Rng: 110’ Cost: 2,100
Longsword(MW):   Dam: 1D6+2, Crit: 19-20x2, Wt: 3, Cost:315
Dagger:   Dam: 1D4+2, Crit: 19-20 WT: 1, Range: 10’ Cost: 2 gp
Mithral Chain Shirt: AC: 6, DEX: 6, SP: 0, SF: 10%, Wt: 12.5, Cost: 10, 1,100
   Weapon/Armor Weight: 17.5 lbs

Efficient Quiver:   1,800   2 lbs
Arrows, Durable(60):   20 gp   0 lbs
Backpack (MW):   50 gp   4 lbs
Bedroll:      5 sp   5 lbs
Blanket (2):      1 gp   6 lbs
Canteen:      2 gp   1 lbs
Gemstone:      50 gp   neg
Kit, Mess:      2sp   1 lb
Outfit, Explorer’s:   0 gp   8 lbs
Potion, CLW(6):   300 gp   Neg
Pouch, Spell comp.:   5 gp   2 lbs
Rations, tril (6 days):   3 gp   3 lbs
Rope, silk (50’):   10gp   5 lbs
Sash, Adventurers:   20 gp   3 lbs
String (50’):      1 cp   .5 lbs
Tools, Artisan (MW):   55 gp   5 lbs
Torch, Everburning:   110 gp   1 lbs
   Total Weight: 64 lbs

And the furry one...

Sam The Panther

Name: Sam            Species: Panther
Level: 8            EXP: 77,000
Class: Animal Companion      Next Level: 115,000

Ability Scores
STR: 19 (+4)
Dex: 21 (+5)
Con: 15 (+2)
Int: 3 (-4)
Wis: 14 (+2)
CHA: 6 (-2)

Saving Throws:            Combat:
Fort: +7               HP: 50/50
Reflex: +10            Init: +5
Will: +4               Speed: 50’

Offense:               Defense:
Base Attack:+9            AC: 19
TAB: +9            AC (Flatfooted): 13
Ranged: N/A               AC (Touch):16
CMB:+11            CMD: +23
AC: Special: +4 VS AAO’s

Traits/Racial Traits:
Lowlight vision
Scent
Perception +5
Linked
Share Spells
Evasion
Sprint: 1x hour, can move up to 10x speed(500ft) in a charge
Devotion

Offense:
Bite 1D6+4+Grab (+4 to grapple, +5 bonus to maintain)
Claws (x2): 1D3+4Special Attacks:
Pounce:  Can charge and make a full attack, including rake
Rake: If already grappled, can make 2 extra (free) claw attacks.

skills:
5   Acrobatics (DEX) (+5)
7   Climb (STR) (3+4)
6   Intimidate (CHA) (3-2+5)
12   Perception (WIS)(3+2+5+2)
12   Stealth (DEX)(3+5+5)
5   Survival (WIS) (2+3)
7   Swim (STR))(3+4+)

Feats:
Weapon Fenesse
Dodge
Mobility
Combat Reflexes

Tricks:
Aid
Attack
Breakout
Come
Down
Exclusive
Flank
Guard
Heel
Menace
Stay
Watch

Lara may get just a little tweaking, but I think she's done enough for play. Not having traits made me rethink things just a little. The panther is a "Cat, small," which includes Leopards. The beastiary listing of Leopard stated that panthers, jaguars and cheetas use the same stats and information, so Sam was born. Any changes from the beastiary listing is based upon level advancement and being an animal companion.

Enjoy!
My Ons' & offs'
Yes, I really am blind.

Countdown0

I'm comfortable with whatever level of smuttiness you guys want to go with, and with light to extreme and whatever comes between them.

That said, if all you do is spend your time having sexy parties then I might have to have a few unpleasant things come your way to get you to start fighting and slaying and all that good stuff :D

On's + Off's                             
RP Search Thread
A/A's

Teo Torriatte

Muse

As is my dragon disciple.  I enjoy n c exotic of that suits your fancy great one.

Muse

Harmony and Rhapsody Lexiphon are sexy twins with black cherry hair and strong, healthy bodies.  No surprise, then, that they are a farmer's daughters. 

Their parents are simple, peace loving folk—though strong enough to defend their land with bow or boar spear should a few goblins come a calling.  They're also well to do—freeholders with a lot of land and a few employees to help work it. 

Their father—Berom—wishes nothing but peace and prosperity for all his children, and their mother Anika years for grandchildren.  Unfortunately for them, their wild great uncle Hemingway keeps popping in and telling the children crazy stories about their ancestor Lexiphon—the gold dragon.  Thanks to him, Harmony was prepared when she began to work magic in her adolescence.  Prepared for and excited about the gift, she never developed hang ups that might slow down her development of the gift and would eventually begin to take on the full power of Great, great grandfather Lexiphon.  She wanted to be a hero like that dragon, protecting the innocent and growing rich by relieving the wicked of their ill gotten gains.  The gift was hers, she just had to master it. 

Poor Rapsody felt very left behind when the same gift was denied her.  She argued her mother down and got permission to join the temple of Saranrae in hopes she'd be blessed with equivalence power. 

By the time both girls were 16, their dreams had come true.  They were reunited.  They became lovers and adventuring companions.  They made a pilgrimage to the lair of their ancestor to ask his blessing.  It was a long and arduous journey.  They faced dangers and ordeals,  in the end, they met great Lexiphon and received—not only his blessing—but powerful gifts.  For Harmony, these included a magical spear with a dragon's tooth for it's head. 

Since then, they have joined a group dedicated to combating slavers.  Harmony began asking her sister to tie her into increasingly elaborate bindings and seeing if she could escape.  When her sister realized how aroused this elaborate bondage was making her sister, the game came to be 'escape the bonds before you cum,” with Rhapsody going to great lengths to make that...  Difficult. 

Ghostwheel

Got any more room? I'd like to throw in my hat in as well, maybe make an oracle or rogue :-D

Blinkin

The Ranger (Lara) is completed and posted above. If there are any problems let me know and I'll try to work them out.
My Ons' & offs'
Yes, I really am blind.

Pretty in Pink

Unfortunately as far as I know, Countdown has capped it where we're at.  But *sends PM*

Countdown0

So Blinkin, I have to ask if you are okay controlling Sam the Panther's actions,bearing in mind that as a 3 intelligence creature, he/she/it isn't going to do thing like ponder life and its meaning and such.

On's + Off's                             
RP Search Thread
A/A's

Blinkin

Yeah, I'm fine controling Sam. With a 3 INT, he is capable of learning a language, although obviously, speaking it is out, it should make giving slightly more complicated commandseasier... something like "Sit on that dwarf." ;)

But, yeah, it's not going to have intellectual concepts or social concerns. It's smarter than the average for an animal, but a 3 isn't saying very much.

Sam's purpose is as much as a tool for you as it is for me. There are always ways to work in a short sub plot involving animal companions that could be intertaining... but He's mostly to help the group overall.
My Ons' & offs'
Yes, I really am blind.

Ixy

I'll be out of town until this weekend... so if you need me, look for me at the beach :D  Will be back by Sunday night.

Countdown0

Quote from: Blinkin on July 30, 2013, 02:32:46 AM
Yeah, I'm fine controling Sam. With a 3 INT, he is capable of learning a language, although obviously, speaking it is out, it should make giving slightly more complicated commandseasier... something like "Sit on that dwarf." ;)

But, yeah, it's not going to have intellectual concepts or social concerns. It's smarter than the average for an animal, but a 3 isn't saying very much.

Sam's purpose is as much as a tool for you as it is for me. There are always ways to work in a short sub plot involving animal companions that could be intertaining... but He's mostly to help the group overall.

Awesome. And yeah, 3 is considered the lowest level of "human-like" or "non-animal" intelligence. I think it could be used for a bit of comedy too, with him playing jokes on people on occasion :P

On's + Off's                             
RP Search Thread
A/A's

Blinkin

Exactly. He's meant to be an extra bit of support, some comic relief and just a fun addition to the game. In the old days (AD&D, the animal companions that I saw usually filled those roles and things that the characters needed help with. Like taking a watch (Or being the watch) among other things.

Combat wise, he's going to be marginal, really, but effect wise, he should be entertaining at the least.

So, we have 2 completed characters... and some concepts.
My Ons' & offs'
Yes, I really am blind.

Countdown0

Yup, but characters can take time to create.

On's + Off's                             
RP Search Thread
A/A's

Pretty in Pink

I'm sorry!  *knows she's one of the ones without a completed character*  I'm working on it, I only have to finish spending my money.  I've just been... distracted.

Blinkin

Well tell him (or her) to stop distracting you. ;)

Not meaning to rush anyone, just making an observasion.
My Ons' & offs'
Yes, I really am blind.

Pretty in Pink

Teo Torriatte

Mine is more or less done, she just needs equipment and a few incidental details.

http://www.myth-weavers.com/sheetview.php?sheetid=618853

Pretty in Pink

Countdown0

So, a few matters to talk about.

1. How is everyone's character coming along? Not a rush, just want to know where everyone is at.

2. Is anyone dropping or otherwise rethinking their desire to play this game?

3. How much system do you all want this game to have? Are we going full on dice rolls for almost everything, or are we going light on system, or anything in between?

4. How dark do you all want this to be? Obviously, slavery is a little dark, but how dark do you want to go? Lets say, scale of 1 to 10, with 1 being "You see a dead person," and 10 being babies killed in the arms of their mothers, who are being strangled with the intestines of the father, by the uncle who raped the mother, etc. etc.

On's + Off's                             
RP Search Thread
A/A's

Pretty in Pink

1. Rhapsody Lexiphon is done.

2. Nope, still here, still want to play.

3. I'm good with any amount of system, no matter how much or little.

4. I'm good with... like... a 7.

Countdown0

Is she the one on the let or the right in the picture?\

On's + Off's                             
RP Search Thread
A/A's

Pretty in Pink

Oh.  Sorry.  :P  She's the one on the right.  She has a lute.  I just need to finish spending all her money and get her basic adventuring gear.

Blinkin

Lara is done.

Still very much here, it was my thread, afterall. lol

I tend to go with the middle ground with system and mechanics. If something is important, a roll comes into play, combat pretty much has to have the dice, but if it's mundane things like walking down a street that's already abandoned, stealth rolls seem silly.

I'm leaning toward a 6 or 7 max on the ick-o-meter. More than "You see a dead body," but less than super-detailed descriptions about said dead body. For 1, it's usually not neccessary, and for 2, if we have to ask questions, we actually may find out information that lets the characters learn without being handed everything... I'm a big fan of letting the characters/players find out things via role-playing and asking questions... then they can deduce things and it's more than just a fluff game.
My Ons' & offs'
Yes, I really am blind.

Countdown0

Stealth rolls will only come in to play if I feel that you're trying to sneak around near particularly perceptive individuals.

For example, against a typical everyday person like, say, a nanny, no roll is really necessary as long as you have the skill trained.

On the other hand, trying to sneak up on a dragon will require a stealth roll, since they are very protective of their hoards :D They will also get an opposed perception check if they they know someone is around.

Question though. Do you guys trust me enough to roll the dice that I have to roll in real life? I don't particularly want people being able to figure out exactly what bonuses certain enemies have by seeing the math, you know?

On's + Off's                             
RP Search Thread
A/A's

Blinkin

Well, with the exception of picking locks, finding and disabling traps and such rolls, I tend to like to roll my own dice. Dicebot hates me, but I feel like I have that control over the character. The rolls that you make for characters (Again, lock picking, disable traps, etc) is fine, opposed rolls and those that you feel that you need to make are all part of the traditional GM role... no pun intended... I've never rolled dice in front of players just so they can't figure out what's what too quickly or even know what I was rolling for. I would often just pick up a D20 and roll it for no apparent reason at all and say things like... "Ut oh... Oops... "Oh my..." just to keep them on their toes. ;)
My Ons' & offs'
Yes, I really am blind.

Muse

I believe my views coincide with Blinkin's here on all counts. 

And I'm good to go. I'll give Luna and Heph a nudge sometime today. 

Teo Torriatte

1. Still need gear, but I'll have that done before we start. Working on it now, in fact.

2. No dropping or rethinking on my part!

3. Blinkin's idea of a middle gound sounds good to me, though I can be pretty flexible.

4. I'm good with 7.

Ixy

Withdrawing my interest submission earlier-- good luck all :)

Muse

Oh!  Much sadness.  Good journey, Ixy! 

Hephaestus

1.) Almost entirely done. Need to pick up a few nuances like bedrolls but I have all my major equipment picked.

2.) Definitely still here and interested.

3.) I prefer to find out how a battle is going descriptively so you rolling your real life dice is fine. I mean I dont need to know that they have to roll above average to hit me or are near guaranteed to hit me. I am a system gamer but I dont have to have proof.

4.) I am fine with most levels of darkness in game happenings. Its a good motivator to hear that the bad guys are bad. Im not particularly squeamish in any regard.
Plans are only good intentions unless they immediately degenerate into hard work.
~Peter Drucker~

sullivanthedreadlord

Is there a spot open? I have a few characters sheets filled out in regards to characters for the world of Pathfinder and I have the books on my computer.
I walk in the light for ever bathed in its glory, and yet my heart yearns to be consumed by the darkness hidden with in my soul

My O/O Page

Muse

Hey Sulivan.  Countdown hasn't chimed in here in a little bit, but we did just have an apliation withdraw. 

Maybe you should PM him? 

Maybe we both should...

Hephaestus

If there is a character/cast thread Im not aware of...
~Peter Drucker~

Countdown0

Hey, I'm still kicking around here, and yes, this is an opening as I recall.

However, some real life stuff has dropped in on me, so I'm not going to be able to act as GM/DM for this game, given the time consuming nature of running a campaign that, well... doesn't suck.

I'm very sorry about this, but I just don't feel like I'll have the time to actually run a campaign and design encounters, so I'm out.

On's + Off's                             
RP Search Thread
A/A's

Muse

Aw, much sadness.  BUt thanks for saying so.  N ow we know to look for another. 

Blinkin

Regardless of the best laid plans, life will always find a way to step in and fuck it up. Hope your RL issues get handled without too much disruption.

So... we're in the market for a GM again.. Refer to post #1 if interested.
My Ons' & offs'
Yes, I really am blind.

steelsmiter

I know it's not pathfinder, and your level desires are a bit more mid range than mine but I'm looking to play some 13th age if anyone is interested.
I don't play in PMs
O/Os

Blinkin

Don't know anything about it.

And, as I was the one looking for a Pathfinder GM for my story idea, I would prefor a pathfinder game. Everyone is, of course, free to play your game with a different concept. :)
My Ons' & offs'
Yes, I really am blind.

steelsmiter

Right, yeah I'm not trying to horn in on your game or anything ;D sorry if it looks like I am.
oh and if I've outright made a breech of etiquette, sorry.
I don't play in PMs
O/Os

Ghostwheel

Just wanted to throw in my hat as well, my earlier post is in the thread but I'm keeping an eye on it off-and-on. Please let me know if the game goes through :-)

Have an idea for a fiendish tiefling alchemist :-D

Muse

Hi everyone. 

Luna and I talked about it and we'll run.  We'll also still have characters, and DM against each other as needed. 

This means we'll be accepting the full spectrum of Paizo game sources, and also dream scarred press.  We'll accept other sources on a case by case basis.  (Especialy since this is a custom world.) 

This also means you get to add 2 Traits to your character. 

We'll stick to the Golarion pantheon for simpicity, but might slip some other things in. 

Let’s see, who do we have so far: 

Blinkin
Hephaestus
Luna
Pretty in Pink

Wow, is that it? 
Okay, first invitations to Countdown, Ghost Wheel, and Sulivan the Dreadlord. 

Ghostwheel, can you tell us a bit more from what you like in a game, including from an erotic game? 

Muse

Quote from: Ghostwheel on August 14, 2013, 03:48:34 PM
Just wanted to throw in my hat as well, my earlier post is in the thread but I'm keeping an eye on it off-and-on. Please let me know if the game goes through :-)

Have an idea for a fiendish tiefling alchemist :-D

Ghost, I'd welcome an alchemist, and don't mind a Tiefling working against his or her heritage, but note that this is a good party.  I imagine the major alignment is Chaotic Good. 

Teo Torriatte

I'm looking forward to running this with Muse, and to playing with all of you and anyone else we can coerceentice into joining in on the fun.  :D

Ghostwheel

Absolutely :-)

Plot. Character motivations. Exploring relationships. Character agency. Defeating challenges by the skin of my teeth and because I was smart, fast, and just plain good enough to defeat them against the odds. Those are some of the things I like.

Sex isn't bad. Isn't bad at all. But for me, it's less the point of the game, and my characters usually engage in it primarily if it fits in character or if it would push the story forward and make for a deeper plot. Creating those connections with other characters is important to me, and having my character genuinely care about others is part of what makes characters more human (you get what I mean :-P)

Same with combat. It's fun, but it's less the killing and more the tactics aspect that engages me. Did I move into just the right place to capitalize on the possible bonuses? Did I defeat an overwhelming enemy not only through luck or DM fiat or tripping that boulder that was obviously meant to crush the enemy, but with strong tactics, working together with my party, and just a little luck?

Hrmmm... Might I have said too much? lol

But yeah, I'd like to go with a Chaotic Good (maybe Neutral...?) Alchemist Tiefling with just a hint of the Island of Dr. Moreau ;-) (Though probably in a more benevolent way :-P)

Tigara

I love random PMs.

Teo Torriatte

Yep, Tigara, we happen to have room for one more.  :-)

How have you been, by the way? We haven't spoken in forever!

After this, we have a few invites floating around, other than that, recruitment is considered closed for the time being.

Muse

Blinkin

Muse, Luna:

Are you setting aside the request in the first post? Just asking out of curiosity.

Working on traits for Lara now, I'll either edit the original post for her, or repost.
My Ons' & offs'
Yes, I really am blind.

Muse

Not sure what specifically your asking, Blinkin'.  The only request I mean to set aside is the one about no summoners or gunslingers.  Your plot idea is great and we're building off of it as best as we can. 

Blinkin

I was refering to post #1, the preferences thing. As mentioned before and sense, you're free to set any or all of them aside, just curious if you are or not. lol
My Ons' & offs'
Yes, I really am blind.

Muse

*Sweat drop* 

We are most assuredly going for a good only party. 

EroticFantasyAuthor

I would like to sign up for a reserve slot if that is possible.

Muse

SUre, E.F.A., I'll put you number 2 on the list. 

Pretty in Pink

So I guess that makes me number 3...  Curse being at a friend's all week.  *sighs, and wanders off*

Muse

Don't be silly, PiP, you were already in!