[Interest Check] Marvel Heroic Roleplay: The Authority

Started by The Great Triangle, July 07, 2012, 09:06:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

AndyZ

Quote from: The Great Triangle on July 08, 2012, 02:18:36 PM

I think these powersets could use a bit of revision, but that's mostly because it seems you're shooting for a Dr. Strange level of power, rather than an Authority level.  I think it's alright to keep your character at Dr. Strange level, of course, but lets try and tweak your powersets to make you into a better spy/mystic type.

Queen of the Mystic Realms

Mystic Blast d10, Superhuman Durability d10 (this power makes more sense in your sorcery powerset), Supersonic Flight d10 (if you're going to have flight above d6, you might as well put it at the level of the rest of your powers), Shapeshifting d10 (if you're going to be genderbending, d10 makes sense, and it makes all of your secondary spells d12 stepped down once), Supreme Sorcery d12

SFX: Area attack (Every member of the Authority except Midnighter has Area Attack, so if you have any excuse at all to have it, you should take it.)

SFX: Boost

SFX: Invulnerability (Call it mystic shield, but since you're likely to go solo it's a pretty good idea.)

SFX: A thousand faces: Add 1d6 and step up your effect die by 1 when creating disguise based assets.

Limit: The Extent of Sorcery: Supreme Sorcery may only be used to create or destroy assets and complications.  (Essentially just reminder text for sorcery, but it makes your powers last longer than exhausted would.)

The powerset probably needs one or two additional sfx or limits, but we can eyeball that later.  An emotion based limit to step up stress would be a good way of getting plot points.

Caul of Infinity

Godlike Senses d12
SFX: Second Chance
Limit: Uncontrollable

To me, this second powerset represents a powerful precognitive ability, messages from the future, and other such mystical claptrap.  In my experience, uncontrollable doesn't work unless every power in the powerset is irreplacable, which is why I decided to ditch the superhuman reflexes.  Knocking down the senses to d10 might be smart if you don't want the limit to hurt so much, and the Versatile sfx would be perfectly called for.

I'm not familiar enough with either Dr. Strange or Authority to know the precise power levels, but I'm guessing based on your post that Authority is much higher.

I'll go over everything in detail later, although I'm a little confused on your issue with reflexes.  You're on the same path that I am regarding the second power set, but wouldn't precognition and future images go hand in hand with being faster and more aware, giving both Reflexes and Senses?

Also a little confused by your Extent of Sorcery Limit.  Would that ban me from using the power for minor things like tricks and prestidigitation?
It's all good, and it's all in fun.  Now get in the pit and try to love someone.

Ons/Offs   -  My schedule and A/As   -    My Avatars

If I've owed you a post for at least a week, poke me.

AKunoichi

I'd actually say Doctor Strange, and the Authority's Doctor, are about the same power level. With The Authority's doctor having the flaw of being a drug addict.

Primarch

Not sure if the limit of seven people way a yay or nay, so I put something together. If there's not room, don't worry about it. Didn't take me long to write up this much and t'was a bit of fun anyway.

Adam, the Final Entity - is the last human that will ever live, from the extreme distant future where humanity has evolved beyond limits and mortality. But when mankind made the Universe itself its plaything the powers that be decided it was time to wipe the slate clean and restart. Adam is the last survivor of a Universal Armageddon that has wiped out all other life at the end of time itself. Now he has escaped to the distant past, giving himself countless eons to prepare for the fate he has escaped.

Affiliations:
Solo: d10
Buddy: d6
Team: d8

Distinctions:
Man From the Future
Hyper-Evolved Being
Indomitable Will

Adam, The Final Entity

Hyper Evolved Body
Godlike Strength: d12 - the power to hurl objects into orbit, push over tall buildings, and demolish most structures.
Godlike Reflexes: d12 - confers the ability to react as if the world around you had slowed to a crawl; you have lightning-fast hand-eye coordination.
Superhuman Speed: d10 - faster than a bullet train
Superhuman Durability: d10 - bulletproof skin and resistance to extreme temperatures or hazards.
Superhuman Stamina: d10 - allows for rapid recovery from injury, resistance to most terrestrial diseases or toxins, and the ability to operate at maximum effort for several hours.
Superhuman Leaping: d10
SFX:
Unleashed - Step up or double any 'Hyper Evolved Body' power for one action. If the action fails, add a die to doom pool equal to the normal rating of your power die.
Invulnerable - Spend 1 PP to ignore Physical Stress or Physical Trauma unless caused by Magic.
Limit:
Growing Dread - Both 1 and 2 on your dice count as opportunities when using a POWER SET power.

Power of the Last Man
Telekinesis: d12
Telepathy: d12 - can remain in constant communication with vast numbers of people, skim the surface thoughts of everyone on the planet, and implant entirely new life histories within specific minds.
Space Flight: d12 - permits swift interplanetary travel.
SFX:
Area Effect - Add a d6 and keep an additional effect die for each additional target.
Burst - Step up or double a 'Power of the Last Man' die against a single target. Remove the highest rolling die and add 3 dice for your total.
Counterattack -  On a reaction against a Mental attack action, inflict Mental Stress with your effect die at no PP cost or spend a PP to step it up by +1.
Limit:
Conscious Activation - If stressed out, asleep, or unconscious, shutdown 'Power of the Last Man.' Recover 'Power of the Last Man' when stress is recovered or you awake. If Magic Damage is taken, shutdown 'Power of the Last Man' until trauma is recovered.

Specialties
Science Master: d10
Combat Master: d10
Tech Master: d10
Cosmic Master: d10

Milestones:
History is Gonna Change:
1xp: When you declare that a threat the team is up against caused mass destruction to humanity in your original timeline
3xp: When you discover that an event or person is critical to your own personal history
10xp: When you decide to let things happen as they originally did to preserve your history, or risk destroying yourself with a time paradox to make a better world for humanity by changing your own past.

So Many Threads:
1xp: When you seek out an ally or enemy from your timeline
3xp: When you describe the horrors of the future to an ally or enemy from the present
10xp: When you take actions that either ensure your timeline will come to pass, or delete your timeline entirely, leaving you with no place in this world and no world to return to.

The Great Triangle

Quote from: AK47 on July 08, 2012, 02:34:40 PM
All that works well. Although I'd also like the ability to perceive the entire electromagnetic spectrum and other types of solar radiation. This would also allow her to hear the "voice" of the sun.

As for the Sun's personality? I'm imagining it being mostly an abstract alien entity that thinks and acts on a much higher scale. More of a religion than anything, But sometimes it could give her orders.

Perhaps that could be another powerset with the limit that she has to obey it's bidding?

I think the idea of taking orders from the sun would work best as a milestone, more than anything else.  As for being able to perceive the entire electromagnetic specrtrum, electromagnetic sense at d6 in your primary power set would cover it.  (with the inconvenient problem of shutting down when you start running your batteries down, which can be either a feature or a bug)

Quote from: AK47 on July 08, 2012, 03:28:20 PM
I'd actually say Doctor Strange, and the Authority's Doctor, are about the same power level. With The Authority's doctor having the flaw of being a drug addict.

Have you read Earth Inferno, by any chance?  When the Doctor's full potential is active, he's on part with Mr. Mxyzptlk, including being able to unmake the entire universe.  Considering Doctor Strange is regularly bested by the Enchantress, it's not exactly even a contest.

Quote from: AndyZ on July 08, 2012, 03:21:14 PM
I'll go over everything in detail later, although I'm a little confused on your issue with reflexes.  You're on the same path that I am regarding the second power set, but wouldn't precognition and future images go hand in hand with being faster and more aware, giving both Reflexes and Senses?

Also a little confused by your Extent of Sorcery Limit.  Would that ban me from using the power for minor things like tricks and prestidigitation?

Upon further thought, I've decided that yes, both reflexes and senses would make sense in the same powerset, as long as they were both at d10 level.  As for the extent of sorcery limit, the only thing it prevents you from is using supreme sorcery to inflict and heal stress, (which it isn't supposed to be able to do anyway) and destroy scene distinctions.  Prestidigitation and such are most likely unrolled applications of your power, and in a worst case scenario, you can use your covert or mystic specialties to cover it.  The main limitation inherent in the Extent of Sorcery is that you can't heal or kill through magic without resorting to a mystic blast.  (transforming your opponents into trees is still totally kosher, however)

Quote from: Primarch on July 08, 2012, 04:13:55 PM
Not sure if the limit of seven people way a yay or nay, so I put something together. If there's not room, don't worry about it. Didn't take me long to write up this much and t'was a bit of fun anyway. 

I'll take seven strong concepts, and I've received four submissions so far, including yours.  I am going to wait slightly before deciding which characters will join the game, but here's the basic niches that still need to get covered:

1. Bag of Tricks: A character with versitile powers that enable him or her to contact the entire population of the Earth at once, with minimal risk of censorship.  In the Authority, this is the Engineer; basically, a character who isn't exceptionally powerful, but can adapt to changing circumstances.

2. The Leader: A character with an epic claim to leadership over the Authority, perhaps the hero who suggested taking over the world in the first place.  In the Authority, this is Jenny Sparks; Manchester Black from the Elite is another example of the archtype.

3. The Badass: A character with weaker powers, who makes up for it by being mean.  For variation, the character could be a silver age style four color hero bringing happy ideals to the group completely angst free, but basically, a character who sticks out like a sore thumb yet overcomes the odds.  In the Authority, this is the Midnighter.  This would be a good place to stick a canon Marvel or DC hero.

Adam, the Final Entity - is the last human that will ever live, from the extreme distant future where humanity has evolved beyond limits and mortality. But when mankind made the Universe itself its plaything the powers that be decided it was time to wipe the slate clean and restart. Adam is the last survivor of a Universal Armageddon that has wiped out all other life at the end of time itself. Now he has escaped to the distant past, giving himself countless eons to prepare for the fate he has escaped.

Affiliations:
Solo: d12
Buddy: d8
Team: d10

Distinctions:
Man From the Future
Hyper-Evolved Being

Hyper Evolved Body
Godlike Strength: d12
Godlike Reflexes: d12
Incredible Speed: d10
Incredible Durability: d10
SFX Immunity:

Powers of the Last Man
Magnetic Manipulation: d12
Telepathy: d12
Cosmic Awareness: d12
FTL Flight: d12
SFX: Area Attack

Specialties
Science Master: d10
Combat Master: d10
Tech Master: d10
Cosmic Master: d10

Milestones:

I'm not 100% on SFX, Limits & Milestones just yet, if you have any suggestions to finish it up and round it off I'd gladly take them.

Well, this is the kind of concept I would run screaming from in any other game, but in this game, it actually works, so let me just go through my list...

1. Step down your affiliation dice; we're using the normal affiliation rules in this game, and if you want to monkey with those, it should take the place of one of your powersets.

2. A good limit for hyper-evolved body might simply be Growing Dread, since the world is basically made out of cardboard for your character, who basically grew up in the event horizon of a black hole.  I'd also add leaping at d10 to your powerset, and possibly unleashed, for maximum world made of cardboard goodness.

3. I don't get what the common theme of your "powers of the last man" set is; I think you're trying to go for incredibly strong psychic powers or the Power Cosmic, but I'd reign things in to make them more logical and focused.  Perhaps something like Telekinesis d12, Cosmic Awareness d10, Mind Control d10, Telepathy d8, with the Area Effect and Burst sfx, and the Conscious Activation limit.  If you're really dead set on using multiple d12 powers in the same powerset, then perahaps Telekinesis d12, Space Flight d12, and Telepathy d12 would work.
Meow!  I'm a kitty; made of fire.

Ons and Offs

AribethAmkiir

Okay, this is what I have so far.  I'm not sure how balanced it is or if it works or not.  I'm not really sure on the milestones, specializations, or her distinctions.  I'd greatly appreciate constructive criticism.  Oh, I also don't really care for her name, but I really didn't like Gaia.

Terra

Character Name: Terra
Origin: Non-human

Appearance: Long hair, most often dark brown with red highlights, perfectly frames soft yet, to most humans, obvious Greek features.  Thin eyebrows hover over intense eyes that change between blue, brown, or green, depending on Terra’s emotional state.  Olive colored skin, most commonly found around Earth’s Mediterranean Sea area, is athletically toned and devoid of imperfections.  Long limbs and flat abs lead to her generous cleavage.  Sexy exudes from everything Terra does from a simple smile to her gentle swayed walk, and soft sultry voice.  Still getting a feel for Earth fashion, Terra is more comfortable in simple attire, such as, swimwear, tiny shorts, and halter tops.
images

Personality: Terra is fairly naïve to the workings of man.  She grows quickly irritated with double talk, unfulfilled promises, and outright lies which typically lead to her losing her temper.  She sees Earth’s governments as large, incapable things that cause more problems than they fix, and she doesn’t understand why the ignorant masses put up with it.  She doesn’t dwell on consequences and believes that might does make right.  She believes that justice is whatever those with power say it is and laws are concepts created by the weak to rule the strong.  Terra has her own morality: all should be peaceful, the strongest should rule, and the weak should work together to make their lives easier. 

Terra has few inhibitions and follows Earth’s cultural taboos in an attempt to blend in more than out of a true understanding or belief.  Terra enjoys having fun and exploring the thrills of the flesh.  It is the one thing humans seem to do often and well, and is one of the few things she respects from the species.  She sees her fellow teammates as Gods or Goddess that were simply misplaced by fate or destiny, and hence gives them more loyalty, honor, and respect than she does any other Earthling.  Despite her quick temper and black and white views, she is incapable of truly evil thoughts.

Brief History: Terra doesn’t remember where she was born or who she was born to.  She doesn’t recall a time when she looked any differently than she does today.  She believes that she simply willed herself into existence and has been aware since then. 

The world she lived in was a wondrous and magical place hidden from the eyes of man.  She existed there for many years, amongst others like her, where she learned to control her abilities through game, sport, and social activities.  The strong ruled over the weak and everyone lived in peace and tranquility.

It was during a hunt that she came to the mortal realm.  She had been carried away, looking to capture the trophy herself and win the glory of the kill in order to boast in her siblings’ faces, when she carelessly crossed the mystical boundaries that separated the realm of the Gods and that of humans.  Despite her vast powers and abilities, Terra has been unable to find the gate to lead back to her place of origin and has had to make do with living in the world of man.

Character Sheet

Affiliation:   
•   Solo d10
•   Buddy d8
•   Team d6
Distinctions:
•   Stranger to Man’s World
•   Whatever it Takes
•   Sexiest Woman Alive
Power Set: Powers of a Goddess  
Godlike Strength d12, Superhuman Speed d10, Superhuman Stamina d10, Superhuman Durability d10,
Intangibility d10, Invisibility d10, Enhanced Reflexes d8, Subsonic Flight d8, Telepathy d8
SFX: Area Attack For each additional target, add a d6 and keep an additional effect die.
SFX: Multipower Use two or more Powers of a Goddess powers in a single dice pool at -1 for each additional power.
SFX: Regeneration: Spend 1 PP to recover physical stress or step back physical trauma by -1.
SFX: Collateral Damage: Instead of spending 1 PP, add a d6 to the doom pool to create a Goddess stunt.
SFX: Phasing: Spend 1 PP to Shutdown Godlike Strength and Superhuman Durability and exchange them for Intangibility and Invisibility (d10).  Recover Godlike Strength and Superhuman Durability, but lose Intangibility and Invisibility, by spending 1 PP on this SFX.
SFX: Predictable Thoughts: Spend 1 PP to step up Enhanced Reflexes by +1 and reroll all dice on a reaction.
SFX: Immunity: Spend 1 PP to ignore stress, trauma, or complications from poisons, disease, or radiation.
SFX: Invulnerable: Spend 1 PP to ignore physical stress or physical trauma unless causes by magic.
Limit: Magic Vulnerability: Earn 1 PP to step up physical or emotional stress inflicted by Magical attacks by +1.
Limit: Uncontrollable Telepathy: In large crowds (100 people or more) change Telepathy into a complication and gain 1 PP.  Move away from crowds to recover the power and remove the complication.
Limit: Growing Dread: Count 1s and 2s on dice as opportunities when using a Powers of a Goddess power.
Specialties:
•   Psych Expert
•   Cosmic Expert
•   Combat Expert
Milestones:
Whatever it Takes
1 XP when you inflict stress upon someone whose lifestyle or morality disgusts you.
3 XP when you place loyalty before morality or morality before loyalty.
10 XP when you either refuse to surrender, daring the world to destroy you, or lose your nerve and become a blubbering mess in the face of moral impossibilities.

Goddess not from Man’s World
1 XP when brash behavior leads into trouble you could have avoided.
3 XP when you succeed at some goal or defeat a villain while causing serious collateral damage.
10 XP when you stop a crisis through ingenuity rather than great power, or when tragedy occurs despite your great power.

Cold Heritage

Quote from: The Great Triangle on July 08, 2012, 07:59:44 PM

3. The Badass: A character with weaker powers, who makes up for it by being mean.  For variation, the character could be a silver age style four color hero bringing happy ideals to the group completely angst free, but basically, a character who sticks out like a sore thumb yet overcomes the odds.  In the Authority, this is the Midnighter.  This would be a good place to stick a canon Marvel or DC hero.

I'm working on something like this. I'm thinking of an ersatz Nuke/Scourge sort of guy, probably taking a cue from Cable in the Civil War book.
Thank you, fellow Elliquiyan, and have a wonderful day.

AKunoichi

Quote from: The Great Triangle on July 08, 2012, 07:59:44 PM
I think the idea of taking orders from the sun would work best as a milestone, more than anything else.  As for being able to perceive the entire electromagnetic specrtrum, electromagnetic sense at d6 in your primary power set would cover it.  (with the inconvenient problem of shutting down when you start running your batteries down, which can be either a feature or a bug)

Well I was thinking more than d6 because being able to see the entire spectrum allows her to see a lot of things that would otherwise be invisible. Most objects would appear to be transparent as Inferred and Xray light passes through them. If she has the mental capacity to perceive the entire perspective of light, her perception would be truly superhuman. She'd also be able to hear radio waves, although with modern digital communication it would probably be meaningless gibberish to her.

I'd put it into it's own powerset with it's own limit because I can't imagine somebody losing there senses by becoming exhausted.  As she runs out of power she loses the ability to fly and throw plasma, and her body becomes weak, but she wouldn't lose her senses.

Why can't listening to the Sun be a Limit and a Milestone?

AribethAmkiir

uhh, AK you realize that if a normal person becomes exhausted their hearing, smell, and vision all become affected, right? 

Primarch

I worked in those edits you suggested. I had another look at the book (only got it very recently) and AribethAmkiir's character sheet which gave me a much better idea of what it should all look like so I'll try add various bits and bobs tomorow and re-approach it to properly construct the character I had in mind.

Suggestions to flesh it up a bit more to create a character ideal for your setting are still very welcome.

AKunoichi

Quote from: AribethAmkiir on July 08, 2012, 08:23:09 PM
uhh, AK you realize that if a normal person becomes exhausted their hearing, smell, and vision all become affected, right?

This is a good point, but I want to play around with other kinds of limits.

The Great Triangle

Quote from: AK47 on July 08, 2012, 08:20:12 PM
Well I was thinking more than d6 because being able to see the entire spectrum allows her to see a lot of things that would otherwise be invisible. Most objects would appear to be transparent as Inferred and Xray light passes through them. If she has the mental capacity to perceive the entire perspective of light, her perception would be truly superhuman. She'd also be able to hear radio waves, although with modern digital communication it would probably be meaningless gibberish to her.

I'd put it into it's own powerset with it's own limit because I can't imagine somebody losing there senses by becoming exhausted.  As she runs out of power she loses the ability to fly and throw plasma, and her body becomes weak, but she wouldn't lose her senses.

Why can't listening to the Sun be a Limit and a Milestone?

Being able to see through obstacles in included in a d6 power; anything above that represents being able to sense with greater than human ability, such as being able to see things from many miles away.  You could stat it up as Superhuman senses, of course, but then it would be tied to her running out of power like her other powers.  (as her senses gradually degrade to human norm along with all her other powers shutting off.)  If the power is specifically something that cannot possibly run out of gas, then your solar powered limit can simply be reworded to not affect your senses. 

As for listening to the sun being a limit, there isn't really any limit that makes sense representing it.  +1 emotional stress when that stress is caused by the sun?  Shut down your powers if the sun says no?  A character's loyalties and drives make more sense as milestones.

Ons and Offs

AKunoichi

Okay fair enough.

Side thought I had a terrible kinky idea. Apollonian's do not produce bodily waste, but they do produce a fluid that functions as Cum, sweat, and breast milk. To humans it tastes very sweet and unearthly fruity. It also happens to have no calories as humans cannot metabolize it, it just passes through the system without having any effect other than flavoring. Eventually she sells the rights to synthesize it as a sweetener for soft drinks to help combat obesity.

The Great Triangle

That would be perfectly in keeping with the Authority, thoug it does invite a rather nasty backlash when people realize just what's been in their diet sodas!

Ons and Offs

AndyZ

If that kind of thing is in line, I had the idea of Skyshard setting up microsingularities: basically minor constant explosions that sit in fixed points of space relative to the Earth, which can be perpetually tapped for energy.  If that makes sense.  The Limit you suggested may not work for that, though...
It's all good, and it's all in fun.  Now get in the pit and try to love someone.

AKunoichi

I don't think she'd hide it. Although it probably wouldn't be marketable until the Authority manage to change society. At verry least, if we have refugees on the carrier, they might enjoy it.

AKunoichi

Quote from: AndyZ on July 08, 2012, 08:59:59 PM
If that kind of thing is in line, I had the idea of Skyshard setting up microsingularities: basically minor constant explosions that sit in fixed points of space relative to the Earth, which can be perpetually tapped for energy.  If that makes sense.  The Limit you suggested may not work for that, though...

Oh no black holes!

Sunflare's evil sister probably destroyed there homeworld when she started to try to harness the power of black holes (dead stars)

The Great Triangle

Quote from: AndyZ on July 08, 2012, 08:59:59 PM

That would be perfectly plausable for you to do, though you might want to realize that if you give that much power to humanity, they're likely to start using it insanely irresponsibly, or getting REALLY bitchy when the toy you gave them breaks.  When you start really changing the world, you'll have to deal with the consequences of attracting the ire of the defenders of the status quo, which is the basic theme of the game.

But certainly, creating perpetual motion machines is within your abilities, though they wouldn't be especially useful to you personally, since you've got all kinds of other energy sources; in mechanical terms, they would almost certainly be an asset, or possibly a mystic or cosmic resource.

Ons and Offs

AndyZ

Oh yeah, these would be the carrot for places which are willing to work with us and play by our rules, at least as how I see it.  Whether the rest of the team would agree to this idea would be the question before it's actually done.  I'd much rather have allies and loyal thralls.

Cold Heritage

Taking a lead from Aribeth . . .

Colonel Steven Walker
Character Name: Steven Walker
Code Name: American Psycho
Origin: Super-Science

Appearance: Steven Walker is a tall, white male in peak physical condition. He has blond hair and blue eyes, with pleasant down home features of a mid-western farmboy. The man looks good in a uniform, and on a recruitment poster, although those days are long gone. His blond hair is done in a military regulation approved cut, leaving him with a high and tight. An American flag is tattooed upon Steven's face. No emotions display upon Steven's face, and looking into his eyes, there is nothing remaining but the cold, merciless disdain of a psychopath.

images

Personality: There was once a man of honour, duty, and integrity who wore Steven's face, spoke with his face, and inhabited his body. That man is gone now. All that remains within Steven Walker is an entity that will answer to that name, dedicated to the mission, unconstrained by conventional ethics or morality. He no longer dreams of a better world for himself or others, of a wife, child, and a suburban home host to Sunday barbeques, or any aspect of the archetypical American dream. Those died, and what remains has no use for dreams of idealized civilian life. There are no more dreams for the thing within Steven Walker. When he sleeps, it is only unfathomable darkness. When he awakens, there is only the mission, and the will to see it carried through to the end.

History: Steven Walker was born in the American mid-west. His parents were devout Christians, and in a twist, this meant that they took to heart the values of the religion. They loved their neighbors, helped those less fortunate where they could, and strove to leave the world a better place than they found it. Steven grew up comfortably, played sports, went to college, and enlisted in the United States Army with a naive notion that he would be giving back to the country that gave him so much. Basic training broke him down and then rebuilt him into a cog in the U.S. war machine. Action in combat brought the grim realities of what was necessary to ensure safety and prosperity at home. There was a cost in blood, sweat, and humanity, and Steven paid that price gladly until Steven was just a shell, an idea, and a distant memory.

Killing came as easily as breathing.

Steven was injured by an I.E.D., and left in a comatose state in a V.A. hospital. The extent of the damage made it seem as though Steven would never awaken, and if he did, brain damage would ensure he would not be able to function. His parents elected to pull him off life support, not wanting a shell of a son. As far as they believe, their son is dead. Instead, Steven was augmented and enhanced, then deployed in black operations. For a time, an artificial operating system governed the body. But eventually some remnant of a human being asserted itself, and Steven regained control. He remembered committing acts of terrorism on American soil and abroad, serving the needs of a shadow cabal of global rulers. He could have accepted dying for his country, but this was not to be suffered. He would not be a tool to serve the personal agendas of greedy men of power.

Steven vanished, and when he resurfaced, it as an instrument of vengeance against the corrupt underbelly of the world.

Character Sheet
Affiliation: Solo: d10
Duo: d6
Team: d8

Distinctions: Psycho Killer, Qu'est-ce que c'est?
Black Ops Super-Soldier
A History of Violence

Cyborg Super-Soldier:Psychic Resistance d8; Cybernetic Senses d10; Enhanced Reflexes d8;
Superhuman Durability d10; Superhuman Stamina d10; Superhuman Strength d10; Enhanced Speed d8;
SFX: Nano-Repair Sub-routines: Spend 1 PP to recover your physical stress and step back physical trauma.
SFX: Combat Statistical Outcome Engine: Spend 1 PP to borrow the highest die in the doom pool as an asset for your next action, then step back and return that doom die.
SFX:  The Terminator: Step up your physical stress die and move it to the doom pool. Spend 1 PP to do the same to physical trauma.
Limit: Haunted By The Ghost In The Machine: Step up mental or emotional stress to gain 1 PP.
Limit:  Software Compromised!: When you take mental or emotional stress, change any Cyborg Super-Soldier power into a complication to gain 1 PP. Activate an opportunity or remove the complication to recover that power.

87 Bazillion Guns: Weapon d10; Cloaking Device d8;
SFX: Ultraviolence: Step back the highest die in your attack action pool to add a d6 and step up physical stress inflicted.
SFX:  Full Auto: Against a single target, step up or double a 87 Bazillion Guns die. Remove the highest rolling die and use three dice for your total.
SFX:  Bazillionder: Spend 1 PP or take d6 physical stress to step up or double your Weapon die.
SFX:  Explosives: Against multiple targets, for every additional target add a d6 and keep an additional effect die. For each complication you create using your effect dice, step up that effect die and add d6 to the doom pool.
Limit:  Gear: Shutdown an 87 Bazillion Guns power trait to gain 1 PP. Take an action vs. the doom pool to recover.

Specialties:Combat Master; Covert Master; Menace Master;
Tech Expert; Vehicle Expert; Medical Expert

Milestones:
Eternal Soldier
1 XP  when you make a battle plan with your allies.
3 XP  when you put fellow soldiers into the line of fre for the sake of the mission.
10 XP  when you sacrifice friends or family for the mission, or when you choose family or friends over the mission.

War . . . War Never Changes
  1 XP  when you declare war on an enemy.
  3 XP  when you use a Transition Scene to arm yourself or your allies.
10 XP  when you either take trauma in pursuit of your war or you are captured by the enemy.

AKunoichi

Cold Heritage

Also, for the record? He totally fucked up that gorilla and wrecked its day.

AribethAmkiir

I figured he did.  :P   I have to wonder who the character actually is?  And if that gorilla was Gorilla Grog. 

Cold Heritage

The character is Gorilla-Man, one of the Agents of Atlas. His powers are being a gorilla and being immune to dying from aging.

AribethAmkiir

So the original character your using for your character is who?

Cold Heritage