News:

"Forbidden Fruit [L-H]"
Congratulations Mellific & Swashbuckler for completing your RP!

Main Menu

What are you reading?

Started by Paradox, November 25, 2008, 09:18:35 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Artema

Erich Fromm - The Art of loving.
Has been planning and anticipating this book for a long time. Have to read it for my thesis, but also coming here to elliquiy seems as good as any to start it.

Artema

Paradox

"More than ever, the creation of the ridiculous is almost impossible because of the competition it receives from reality."-Robert A. Baker

Cecilia

Ghagiel

Cory Doctorow - Makers

Great kind of sci-fi novel set about twenty years in the future. It's mostly to do with capitalism and how the market will change to reflect the growth and obsoletion of technology. Pretty nifty. Available online!

Nico

I am still reading 'Slave Boy' by Evangeline Anderson.

Autumn52

I have been reading all the wonderful stories in the Storytellers Cafe'

We have some very talented people in our community.
May light guide you through your turmoil and may darkness never cross your path.

White Light be upon you if that is your wish

Marguerite

I am reading the 'Pleasure Slave' by Gena Showalter.
*R.R*A.A*O.O*Wiki*Bordello*Whip and Apple*
You Keep On Crying, Baby, I'll Bleed You Dry
Mar Is Currently: Taking On Threads
Check My Absence Thread For Updates, Thank You

Merry Gentry

Black Magic Sanction by Kim Harrison
“And I’d give up forever to touch you, cause I know that you feel me somehow. You’re the closest to heaven that I’ll ever be and I don’t wanna go home right now.”

TheLovelyMaid

The Morning Gift by Eva Ibbotson.

GeekFury

Almost half way through God Emperor of Dune by Frank Herbert.

Paradox

Quote from: GeekFury on April 22, 2010, 06:03:09 PM
Almost half way through God Emperor of Dune by Frank Herbert.

How is it? I've only ever read the original novel and am interested in picking up the others.

"More than ever, the creation of the ridiculous is almost impossible because of the competition it receives from reality."-Robert A. Baker

GeekFury

Dune, amazing. Dune Messiah, great. Children of Dune, really good. God Emperor of Dune, not to bad, but not as good as the previous three.

Mendtos

Crime and Punishment

The Book Thief

A Prayer for Owen Meany

Autumn52

Lover Avenged......it is hot and good.....
May light guide you through your turmoil and may darkness never cross your path.

White Light be upon you if that is your wish

Lucinda

Just finished Changes by Jim Butcher. Not his best but still really good. Now i'm onto The Steel Remains by Richard Morgan. Really liked his sci fi stuff but having trouble getting into this so far.
"She distrusted a moon like that. A full moon could only wane, a new moon could only wax, but a half moon, balancing so precariously between light and dark ... well, it could do anything..."

*Luci's Ons and Offs Post*

*Luci's Apologies and Absences Post*

heavenleighdahl

I am reading The Plantation: Chris Kuznetsky Very scary and all around gory. Wonderful.

CynfulTragedy

Currently reading:

Neil Gaiman - Smoke and Mirrors (for the third time)
The Egyptian Book of the Dead (a lot of studying and translating and taking notes...the historian in me hard at work)

James Macleod

Galanthor

Michelle

stories a few friends sent me they are really good
~There is a place you can touch a woman that will drive her crazy. Her heart.~

Ways to my Heart and How to Shatter It.

Shadowsteel

The Dresden Files, Small Favor
Sworn to the Oath of Drake

Shadowsteel's theory on the transitive property of handcuffs - through association, especially by physical contact such as hug-piles - legitimate reason is given if you have reasonable reason to apply handcuffs to one particpant, you have reason (excuse) to apply handcuffs to all of them.

OOC's Beware! Because really, when is it not
an acceptable time for handcuffs?

Daimon de Broken Hearted

Starwars Luke and the Shadows of Mindor.

Heart Owned By None, It is a broken shell of what once was. Its Light died.

I have some things going on right now with health, I am sorry replies come slow.
Love is a circle of Trust and Caring, all into both becoming One, in Completion. This is like a Ring, or a Collar.
Daimon's On's & Off's
Daimon's A/A

Crythan

Reading 'Angeltology'.  It's a best seller.

Paradox

Beloved- Toni Morrison

It's a bitch of a book, but it's also really good.