BDSM and NC fiction, what books do you recommend?

Started by EuphoricDysphoria, August 25, 2021, 07:30:46 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

EuphoricDysphoria

I got a shiny new Kindle. I'd love to hear what kinky books you recommend for a female maso/sub to read.
"Humans need fantasy to be human; to be the place where the falling angel meets the rising ape."  Terry Pratchett

O/O ~ Euphoria meets dysphoria
Ideas Thread ~ Masochistic F seeks nemesis for dark & violent RP

Gadifriald

"The Claiming of Sleeping Beauty" by Anne Rice writing as A.N. Roquelaure starts off a wild series if you're looking for BDSM and NC fiction that really goes for it. "The Story of O" by Pauline Reage is a classic. Check out the works of Cleo Cordell. The "Jalav" series by Sharon Green starts with "The Crystals of Mida" and might tickle your fancy. Check out the Stormy Night Publications website since they publish all their books in Kindle. You'll probably enjoy the works of Carolyn Faulkner. Take a look at the works of Deanna Ashford. "White Rose Ensnared" by Juliet Hastings I'm sure would be right up your alley! That should start you off nicely :-)
I am a mighty ravisher of captive damsels and princesses!

TheGlyphstone

This feels like it would belong in Literary Discussion rather than Elliquiy U, but in the meantime:

The Kushiel Saga trilogies by Jacqueline Carey are fairly well-known and popular around here too for their BDSM content. Personally, I find the first trilogy to be the best and go down from there to mediocre then outright awful, but the erotica content remains solid.

Oniya

Literary Discussion also has a few threads/links to Elliquian authors, and I know at least a few publish for e-readers (and 'E' readers!  ;D )
"Language was invented for one reason, boys - to woo women.~*~*~Don't think it's all been done before
And in that endeavor, laziness will not do." ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~Don't think we're never gonna win this war
Robin Williams-Dead Poets Society ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~Don't think your world's gonna fall apart
I do have a cause, though.  It's obscenity.  I'm for it.  - Tom Lehrer~*~All you need is your beautiful heart
O/O's Updated 5/11/21 - A/A's - Current Status! - Writing a novel - all draws for Fool of Fire up!
Requests updated March 17

TeamVelma

Scooby: I’m afraid you’ve gone mad with power.
Velma: Of course I have! Have you ever tried going mad without power? It’s boring, no one listens to you.

From herecomesthosemedellingkids on tumblr

Belated A&A here
O/Os here

EuphoricDysphoria

Thanks guys.  I've read The Story of O but haven't heard of the other ones.  There's a lot of truly awful fiction out there, I've discovered.
"Humans need fantasy to be human; to be the place where the falling angel meets the rising ape."  Terry Pratchett

O/O ~ Euphoria meets dysphoria
Ideas Thread ~ Masochistic F seeks nemesis for dark & violent RP

TeamVelma

Scooby: I’m afraid you’ve gone mad with power.
Velma: Of course I have! Have you ever tried going mad without power? It’s boring, no one listens to you.

From herecomesthosemedellingkids on tumblr

Belated A&A here
O/Os here

Sethren

Any of Sherrilyn Kenyon's books are pretty good, particularly Acheron and Styxx although many fans would argue you shouldn't read the two unless you've read pretty far into the Dark Hunter series first. Mostly because you won't know who many people are in the books unless you have but I was able to keep along just fine in Acheron. In fact, I had accidentally picked up Acheron first before any of the other books and frankly reading his story is what got me interested in the series as a whole. I do recommend reading Acheron first before Styxx though because it makes the brothers dynamic more intense when you read Acheron as the two brothers have very different sides of the same story that is their whole lives tragedy and conflict against each other.

It is primarily modern day erotic high fantasy fiction (that incorporates a lot of Greek Mythology with original Atlantean lore counterparts. Like Artemis the Goddes of the Hunt is a prominent villainess against Acheron). A lot of non-consent I mean Acheron was made into a sex slave early on in his life.

I say primarily modern day because there are a lot of immortal characters (even a dragon for one of the books) and some of their stories start in different times in history - like Acheron, the main character for example is from Ancient Greece along with his brother.

I love the series, have only read three of the books (Acheron, Styxx & No Mercy, No Mercy was about a badass WEREBEAR) if I don't count the first book of the Chronicles of Nick series: Infinity.

It is M x F pairings only as far as I've heard/read. But all of her characters are rich and compelling, and her girls?! They're REALISTIC. There are some girls who aren't 'model' pretty for example and on the pudgy side, insecure about her looks, etc. Which I love.

Sherrilyn gets random funny scene ideas from her kids - there is a spoon thing I think in Infinity that her son had given her the idea of. Because if I remember correctly the Nick Chronicles are less smut based and more story based.

Overall her world is massive and well thought out. She is one of those authors whose characters 'come' to her and eventually tell her their story. I read once in an interview that when Styxx was finally ready to tell his side of the story, she broke down crying for the character because up until that point? Styxx as far as she and her readers were concerned, was the biggest unforgivable bad alive and then this book comes around and kicks you in the gut and makes you feel bad for every bad feeling you've ever held against poor Styxx. Even though he has made some severely bad choices and has hurt a lot of people. Which is the great part, her characters have flaws, they have fears, they have scars not just for the sake of wow factor (physical and emotional).

Some books are a bit of a chonky read but in my opinion are worth it.

Just talking about the series has me wanting to finally start with the first book of the entire franchise lol. I haven't yet because it is a big universe with many books and branch off series from the main which is Dark Hunters. Once I do let myself jump down that rabbit hole, I'm probably never coming back out and I'm going to go broke from buying all the books lol.

But there you go! My suggestion.
                           I am accepting quilt commissions right now to make ends meet.

Esoterica

Red Phoenix's Brie Series is a good bdsm one based in modern times written by someone I have been a fan of for ages. Its not NC, but true BDSM though, M/F dynamics.
"The image ALT here""The image ALT here"

FigTree

I really enjoyed Laura Antoniou's The Marketplace series. It has a wide range of dynamics (including, sometimes, M/f). It's definitely consensual, but it also involves some pretty heavy play and some characters in situations they definitely don't like (but do continue to consent to).
.·:*¨¨*:·..·:*:·..·:*¨¨*:·.
Ons/Offs and Image Inspirations
Current Requests Here
A/As Storytelling

.·:*¨¨*:·..·:*:·..·:*¨¨*:·.

Nowherewoman

There's a fair bit of it all throughout the Kusheline Cycle by Jacqueline Carrey, though most of it isn't all that explicit.

And the parts that are tend to be a little bit on the extreme side, soooo...sorta depends on your tastes and levels.
My eyes are a window to the storm that's getting close.

more me here now!  (O/Os, ideas and junk): https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=215830.0

and mea culpas  (A/As): https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=221151.0

Zane0

There is a lot of very obscure but very imaginative erotic fiction out there. There has been a radical lowering of the barrier for publishing in the last 20 years; but the space is also very fragmented. Here are a handful of my recommendations. I prefer deeply hierarchical sci-fi/fantasy/alt-reality universes where the protagonist has to creatively accommodate herself to a very compromising situation.

R Lee Smith, Heat
Vanessa Cardui, Concubine Chronicles (another rec: the Sorceress Enslaved on smashwords)
Siri Ousdahl, Constraint
Denise Hall, Judgement
Karen Anne Mitchell, The Usahar
Badger Therese, Female, Recreational

Wickd

Oh, this topic is for me too, snatching ideas for the next read.

For my recommendation, check any book by Claire Thompson, her work is heavy with BDSM, includes all types of pairings, ranges between consensual and non consensual relationships, whatever you crave, you might found in her bibliography.