The Three of Cups - Tarot Discussions

Started by Dys Astyr, May 25, 2017, 03:09:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Imogen

Quote from: Oniya on June 22, 2017, 12:10:10 PM
http://www.aeclectic.net/tarot/cards/herstelde-orde/

Does this one work?  It looks like your original link had some kind of parameter that might be specific to your session.

Yes!! <3
[tr][td]
[/td]
[td][/td]
[td]Woo's and Won'ts / Absences
Stor-E Writers Registry[/td]
[td][/td]
[td][/td]
[/tr][/table]

Dys Astyr

Woo, that was an adventure in trying to get the copy/paste function on my phone to work. :P

How do you like the two added cards? Do they make a notable difference overall?

And with all the time that took me I could have just waited for Oniya to save the day. ;D
Alive! Trying to catch up but there is a lot, please be patient! Thank you. <3

Oniya

That's a dangerous site, I'll have you know.  Almost as bad as TVTropes.  ;)
"Language was invented for one reason, boys - to woo women.~*~*~Don't think it's all been done before
And in that endeavor, laziness will not do." ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~Don't think we're never gonna win this war
Robin Williams-Dead Poets Society ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~Don't think your world's gonna fall apart
I do have a cause, though.  It's obscenity.  I'm for it.  - Tom Lehrer~*~All you need is your beautiful heart
O/O's Updated 5/11/21 - A/A's - Current Status! - Writing a novel - all draws for Fool of Fire up!
Requests updated March 17

Dys Astyr

I have an account on Aeclectic I should probably dust off. Made the mistake of making it when I didn't have a personal computer and it's been lost to time/messy brain. >_>

SaturnCeleste

Quote from: Dys Astyr on June 22, 2017, 12:20:00 PM
I have an account on Aeclectic I should probably dust off. Made the mistake of making it when I didn't have a personal computer and it's been lost to time/messy brain. >_>
Aeclectic is closing July 14, this month.  I've come back to Elliquiy to see if there is any interest in the tarot.  Seems there are a few threads around here!  That's good news!  This is a great community and even thought I haven't been here for awhile (I've been at Scribophile), I always enjoyed it here.  It is only the forum Aeclectic will be closing, the rest of the site will be open and the threads of the forum will be read only but they will remain.

http://www.tarotforum.net/showthread.php?t=276539

I do believe I'll stick around here for awhile again!
To some, steampunk is a catchall term, a concept in search of a visual identity. To me, it’s essentially the intersection of technology and romance. – Jake von Slatt
Saturn Reads Tarot (Free) & E*rotic Readings,
Lickable Limericks, Saturn's Celestial Void, Saturn's Celestial Sojourn

Dys Astyr

I'm glad you found E's little tarot nook. ;D

Though I am sad that Aeclectic forums are going to be closing, I didn't even get to enjoy them! What the heck!

SaturnCeleste

Quote from: Dys Astyr on July 05, 2017, 10:42:35 AM
I'm glad you found E's little tarot nook. ;D

Though I am sad that Aeclectic forums are going to be closing, I didn't even get to enjoy them! What the heck!

I hope to expand your tarot nook.  I'm here to offer my readings for free.  I do writer readings, pet readings and general readings as well as answer yes/no questions.  Currently I'm working on RPG readings but I need a little more time for development but I'll be able to offer that to the members here in the near future.  ;)  I'll set up some threads very soon, if that's ok?
To some, steampunk is a catchall term, a concept in search of a visual identity. To me, it’s essentially the intersection of technology and romance. – Jake von Slatt

SaturnCeleste

Quote from: Dys Astyr on May 25, 2017, 03:09:14 PM

This thread is for discussing tarot, pretty much however you feel like. Talk about different decks, different cards, problems you've had as a reader, milestones you've reached as a reader (or collector). Really, I just wanted a place to talk tarot since I've seen a few other readers on the boards. ;D

Hello, Dys!  Shall we discuss? :D  I love tarot decks and can discuss them all day long!  A very fun discussion about the individual cards themselves are cards that 'follow' or shadow you.  If you do readings for yourself (I don't read myself) you might find certain cards that show up often.  These cards are giving you a message they feel you need to hear.  I do hope other readers find your thread, Dys.

I've got two things to get us started. First, I'm currently using the Vertigo Tarot and was wondering if anyone else had used it? How did you like it?

You know, I was not familiar with the Vertigo deck.  I had to look it up!  It's very interesting!  I don't have a lot of Gothic decks but yours looks very interesting!

Second, do you use tarot in your writing? I used to use tarot as a writing tool, but fell out of the habit. I recently used it to help with a story post I was stuck on and it made me remember how much fun it was.

As I said, I don't read for myself but I do Writer Readings.  I've been honing this reading for almost a year now and I have many writers that I help.  I will start a thread here soon, Saturn Reads Tarot and I'll discuss my readings further.  Anything I do for members here are free as long as I'm contacted on this thread or the other thread I set up.  I'm always learning and honing my skill and I need sitters!  I do have some spreads specifically for those who do want to use tarot to help them in their writing that I'll be sharing here.
I did not start as a collector, it just ended up that way.  I have a nice collection of decks that I will be using on my clients.  Currently my website is still under construction but I will have a portfolio that clients will be able to peruse and choose the deck they would like me to use for their reading.  I also use Oracle cards in my readings and usually pair up an oracle card or two with a tarot reading.  I used to have presorted pairs but after I acquired the number of decks that I have, it became too unyielding. 

Dys Astyr

Quote from: SaturnCeleste on July 06, 2017, 07:33:26 AM
I hope to expand your tarot nook.  I'm here to offer my readings for free.  I do writer readings, pet readings and general readings as well as answer yes/no questions.  Currently I'm working on RPG readings but I need a little more time for development but I'll be able to offer that to the members here in the near future.  ;)  I'll set up some threads very soon, if that's ok?

I am by now means running some sort of tarot mafia where people need permission to make new tarot threads. XD You do whatever you like! :-) I shall just be happy to see more tarot on E. (When I first joined there was someone giving IC tarot readings, though I have no idea where that thread disappeared to.) In fact TexasWarren had already been running a tarot reading thread before I started this one. (Here, if you are interested in seeing it.)

SaturnCeleste

Quote from: Dys Astyr on July 06, 2017, 10:11:42 AM
I am by now means running some sort of tarot mafia where people need permission to make new tarot threads. XD You do whatever you like! :-) I shall just be happy to see more tarot on E. I look forward to there being more tarot goodness on E. (When I first joined there was someone giving IC tarot readings, though I have no idea where that thread disappeared to.) In fact TexasWarren had already been running a tarot reading thread before I started this one. (Here, if you are interested in seeing it.)
Oh how wonderful!!  Thank you so much, Dys (your name is awesome!).  I'll post on that when I get done with my deck list.  I'll have to do it as an attachment because all the decks are linked so you can see them. ;)  I want to give love to your thread as well.  :D

Inkidu

I enjoy Tarot from a psychological perspective. Like according to Jung, the elements of the Tarot are so archetypal and universal to human desire for symbolism, and they're so fundamental to the collective unconscious of the human mind that you'd be hard-pressed to find someone who doesn't find some kind of meaning in the cards, no matter how you flip or shuffle them.

As a writing tool it would make a lot of sense, since there's a lot of overlap between the two activities.
If you're searching the lines for a point, well you've probably missed it; there was never anything there in the first place.

SaturnCeleste

Quote from: Inkidu on July 06, 2017, 10:35:56 AM
I enjoy Tarot from a psychological perspective. Like according to Jung, the elements of the Tarot are so archetypal and universal to human desire for symbolism, and they're so fundamental to the collective unconscious of the human mind that you'd be hard-pressed to find someone who doesn't find some kind of meaning in the cards, no matter how you flip or shuffle them.

As a writing tool it would make a lot of sense, since there's a lot of overlap between the two activities.
Hi Inkidu!  I too believe in the psychological perspective of tarot as well as the intuitive.  I have a Jung book of symbols as well as the companion book to this oracle deck, Psycards.
http://www.aeclectic.net/tarot/cards/psycards/

The cards are based on Jung's archetypes and the book gives a lot of information.  In the long run, my readings do boil down to my connection with the sitter and the decks I use but Jung has a prominent place at my reading table.  :-)

Dys Astyr

Quote from: Inkidu on July 06, 2017, 10:35:56 AM

It's good to see people approaching the tarot from different directions. I know the cards have a strong association with the occult and that some people can't get past that but they are an amazing tool that doesn't require any sort of beliefs or whatever to use and enjoy.

SaturnCeleste

My Tarot and Oracle decks that I use for clients.  The links go to my website if you want to see the images of the decks.

Tarot Decks found in my Porfolio
http://www.ladymoiraine.com/index.php?/forums/topic/6745-tarot-and-oracle-decks-used-for-readings/

Legacy of the Divine, Tarot of Sexual Magic, Witches Tarot, Deviant Moon Tarot, Giant Rider-Waite, Housewives Tarot, Thoth Tarot, Hermetic Tarot, Robin Wood Tarot, Lord of the Rings Tarot, J.J. Swiss Tarot, Etruscan Tarot, Golden Tarot (Kat Black), Visconti-Sforza Tarot, Pagan Cats, Ancestral Path, Radiant Rider-Waite Tarot, The Sacred India Tarot, Morgan Greer Tarot, LeGrande Circus & Sideshow Tarot, Tarot Illuminati, Llewellyn's Classic Tarot, Miss Cleo’s Tarot Power, Animal Totem Tarot, So Below Deck: Book of Shadows Tarot Volume 2 , Russian Tarot of St Petersburg, Tarot of the New Vision, Revelations Tarot, Osho Zen Tarot: The Transcendental Game Of Zen, Tarot Mucha, Book of Thoth Etteilla Tarot, Aquarian Tarot, Feng Shui Tarot, Tarot of the Dead, Decameron Tarot, Native American Tarot, The Native American Tarot, Tyldwick Tarot, Dreaming Way Tarot, New Orleans Voodoo Tarot, Hip Witches Tarot, Watcher Angel Tarot, Angel Tarot, Hudes Tarot, Modern Spellcaster’s Tarot, Mibramig Magical Tarot, Beautiful Creatures Tarot, Tarot de Marseille by Jodorowsky, The Cook’s Tarot, Tarot of Vampyres, English Magic Tarot, The Gorgon’s Tarot, Bonefire Tarot, Book of Shadows: As Above Tarot, Deviant Moon Borderless Tarot, Ceccoli Tarot, The Wild Unknown Tarot, Cosmic Tarot, The Gay Tarot, Dreams of Gaia Tarot, The Bosch Tarot, Tarot of the Secret Forest, The After Tarot, Tarot of the Third Millennium, Maori Tattoo Tarot, The Healing Tarot, Romantic Tarot, Byzantine Tarot, Buckland Romani Tarot, Agni Roerich Tarot, Everyday Witch Tarot, Casanova Tarot, Manara: The Erotic Tarot, Wildwood Tarot, Poet Tarot, Baseball Tarot,Vikings Tarot, Bright Idea Tarot, Mystical Tarot, Prairie Tarot, Chrysalis Tarot, Tarot of the Absurd, Cult of Weimar Tarot, The Animism Tarot, The Original Dog Tarot, Cat’s Eye Tarot, Animal Wisdom Tarot, Blue Dog Rose Tarot, Wizards Tarot, Universal Fantasy Tarot, Alchemical Tarot: Renewed, Tarot of the Sevenfold Mystery, Victorian Fairy Tarot, Tarot of the Hidden Realm, The World Spirit Tarot, Transparent Tarot, Tarocchi Sola Busca Tarot, The Original Rider Waite Tarot, Golden Thread Tarot, The Healing Light Tarot

Pre-Order Decks
Santa Muerte Tarot, Vice Versa Tarot, Ostara Tarot

Oracle Decks found in my Portfolio
http://www.ladymoiraine.com/index.php?/forums/topic/6745-tarot-and-oracle-decks-used-for-readings/&do=findComment&comment=146132

Celtic Tree Oracle, Art Nouveau Oracle Lenormand, Blue Bird Lenormand, Gypsy Witch, Madame Endora’s Fortune Cards, Halloween Oracle, Sacred Geometry Oracle, Enchanted Map Oracle, Power Animal Oracle, Shaman’s Oracle, Archangel Raphael Healing, Wisdom of the Oracle, Wisdom of Avalon Oracle, Wisdom of the Hidden Realms Oracle, Eros Oracle, Secret Language of Colors Oracle, The Oracle of Rama, Cat Wisdom, Symbolon, Art Deco Fortune Telling Cards, White Rabbit Oracle, Whispers of Lord Ganesha, Dreaming Way Lenormand, Wild Kuan Yin Oracle, Oracle of the Dreamtime Deck, White Eagle Medicine Wheel Oracle, Psycards System, Voices of Saints Oracle, Karma Angels Oracle, Talismans of Success Oracle, Portable Fortitude Playing Cards, Witchlings Oracle Set, Oracle of the Shapeshifters Deck, Energy Oracle, Divine Circus Oracle, Wisdom of the House of Night Oracle Cards, Creature Teacher Oracle, Tao Oracle, Daemon Tarot, Ceccoli Oracle, Earth Magic Oracle, Vintage Wisdom Oracle, Messenger Oracle, Flower Reading Oracle, Crystal Wisdom Healing Oracle, Fin de Siecle Kipper Oracle, Flowers of the Night Oracle, The Psychic Tarot Oracle, Botanical Inspirations Oracle, Viking Oracle, Divination of the Ancients Oracle, Keepers of the Light Oracle, The Illuminated Tarot, Dog Wisdom Oracle, Medicine Cards Oracle,  Fournier Angel Tarot

Pre-Ordered Decks
Postcards from Spirit, Angelarium: Oracle of Emanations,

SaturnCeleste

Well, Aeclectic forum is now officially closed.  I just posted my goodbye limerick and within seconds, the boards went dark.  I cried.  It's the end of a 17 year era.  :'(

blue bunny sparkle

On my tiny phone. Please excuse typos!

While living in NYC I saw an old, East European woman that taught me the Waite-Rider Deck. I would practice every night at home. For two months straight I pulled the Falling Tower card every spread. It freaked me out.I didn't know what was happening.

It stopped showing up after Sept 11, 2001.

I have taken steps away from the cards, but this thread has reminded me how much I love them and I think it's time to get reacquainted.

Dys Astyr

Wow Saturn you have ALL the decks. O_O

Quote from: blue bunny sparkle on July 14, 2017, 04:24:47 PM
On my tiny phone. Please excuse typos!

While living in NYC I saw an old, East European woman that taught me the Waite-Rider Deck. I would practice every night at home. For two months straight I pulled the Falling Tower card every spread. It freaked me out.I didn't know what was happening.

It stopped showing up after Sept 11, 2001.

I have taken steps away from the cards, but this thread has reminded me how much I love them and I think it's time to get reacquainted.

It's always creepy when cards are followed up in extremely literal ways. I've had that with the Death card a few times.

The Dark Raven

I need to get back to my decks....

I need the Osho Zen (first deck I ever read and it liked me.  Alas the deck was not mine.)

I have the Robin Wood (somewhere in my house....), the Renaissance Tarot (which i can't use because my hands are too small for the long cut), and the WildWood Tarot.  I would love the Greenwood, but it is out of print and priced beyond my reach.  It calls to me, though. :(

Check my A/A | O/O | Patience is begged. Momma to Rainbow Babies and teetering toward the goal of published author. Tentatively taking new stories.

Kuroneko

I have multiple decks, including the one in the image on your first post. It's the one I learned on and tend to go back to when I read for other people. Tarot is one of many oracular devices I use, including runes, other card sets and Ogham.
Ons & Offs//Requests//Where is the Black Cat?
Current Posting Time - Once a Week or More

"One should either be a work of art, or wear a work of art" ~ Oscar Wilde
"I dream of painting and then I paint my dream" ~ Vincent Van Gogh

Dys Astyr

Quote from: The Dark Raven on July 14, 2017, 08:56:23 PM
I need to get back to my decks....

I need the Osho Zen (first deck I ever read and it liked me.  Alas the deck was not mine.)

I have the Robin Wood (somewhere in my house....), the Renaissance Tarot (which i can't use because my hands are too small for the long cut), and the WildWood Tarot.  I would love the Greenwood, but it is out of print and priced beyond my reach.  It calls to me, though. :(

It's somewhat reassuring to see I wasn't the only one who initially got into tarot through someone else's cards. XD I hope you get a hold of the deck soon!

Quote from: Kuroneko on July 14, 2017, 09:22:17 PM
I have multiple decks, including the one in the image on your first post. It's the one I learned on and tend to go back to when I read for other people. Tarot is one of many oracular devices I use, including runes, other card sets and Ogham.

Ogham has always interested me but I've never had the patience/time to sit down and learn it. I learned runes before tarot, they were much easier for me to wrap my head around.

SaturnCeleste

Hello everyone!  I started my reading thread, Saturn Reads Tarot here:
https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=271418.0

Please stop by for a free reading!  I do different kinds of readings than Texas Warren so if you'd like to try an RP reading, Writer reading, Pet reading or Intuitive Celtic Cross, please stop by my new thread!  ;D

Dys Astyr

Yay! Im glad you got your thread up. ;D I'll have to check that out a little later when I'm not phone lurking.

In unrelated news I got the Empress and Emperor as my daily cards today. Seems a little intense. XD

SaturnCeleste

Quote from: Dys Astyr on July 20, 2017, 10:12:07 AM
Yay! Im glad you got your thread up. ;D I'll have to check that out a little later when I'm not phone lurking.

In unrelated news I got the Empress and Emperor as my daily cards today. Seems a little intense. XD
That is interesting!  I've been followed by the Emperor lately myself.  How did you read both cards, together as a single message or each card with the messages they have to offer?

Dys Astyr

I was seeing the Emperor a lot around the full moon. Maybe July is a good month for him? XD

Considering the cards have a similar vein I kind of went with that, grow/build without becoming a micromanaging, smothering freak about it. I've started probably too many projects this month so probably good advice. Remembering to let things flow naturally and not spazz out over every minute detail and second of time.

Also talk about a pair to represent balance. Oomph. ;D Especially since I used two decks, the Empress is very colorful and surreal while the Emperor has very stark, simple lines.

SaturnCeleste

Quote from: Dys Astyr on July 20, 2017, 10:57:42 AM
Especially since I used two decks, the Empress is very colorful and surreal while the Emperor has very stark, simple lines.
Now that is amazing! To get the pair from 2 separate decks!  If I'm doing a Facebook event I never use the same deck twice, I always use a new deck for each reading and when cards follow me from deck to deck, it is time to sit and take notice of the message they bring me.  Are you close with your parents?  Both of the cards together might be a message from your parents.

Hey, I have a great links for you to look at!
Having Sex with Court Cards! from Daily Tarot Girl
The Queens
https://www.daily-tarot-girl.com/2014/03/26/tarot-court-cards-bed-part-one-queens/
The Kings
https://www.daily-tarot-girl.com/2015/08/25/the-tarot-court-cards-in-bed-part-4-the-kings/
The Knights
http://www.daily-tarot-girl.com/2014/06/10/knights-tarot-bed/
The Pages
https://www.daily-tarot-girl.com/2014/04/08/tarot-court-cards-bed-part-2-pages/

I promise you'll never look at Court Cards the same!  :D