Axiom -- .oO^Oo. -- {OOC Musings}

Started by ClockworkShadow, July 16, 2011, 01:01:53 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ClockworkShadow

A/A

^ zee-oh-em-gee, it has an update ^
I am back... sort of.  I'm trying, anyway.
o_O

Idariel

Quote from: ClockworkShadow on August 07, 2011, 04:08:52 AM
Specify what you mean by polished?  I can do some very difficult edits, if need be. :3

Dear Clockwork,
I looked at all your links ... your work is incredible! It is so hard to change colors without loosing definition. You are very talented.

<blinks> does this mean that if we can't figure out how to wrap our dragon patterns on our dragon shape for the Pern project, you might know how to do it?  We've made up over 100 shades of dragons and about 20 patterns, and now we need to get the patterns in the correct shades onto our model...

I keep meaning to post the color shades somewhere Haloriel can find them; so many colors of green, blue, brown, bronze and gold really give wonderful choices for character descriptions, especially if everyone can see the color swatches and knows exactly what the name means.

And I love your response to my post! I have to polish my Box story (its nearly done) and post it, then finish the newspaper, then I ought to have time to get back to my lovely lady here.  I really appreciate that she is not going to be forced to be a warrior;  Now we just have to hope for enough PCs that so that she can survive without combat skills.

Haloriel!!  He's delightful, and I love that he's holding the sword and the umbrella.  I'm excited ... I'm chanting, "You made one, you made one," over and over!
"Visualize your dream
Record it in the present tense-Put it into a permanent form
If you persist in your efforts-You can achieve dream control."

-Silent Lucidity by Queensryche, the spoken words.

~ONs & OFFs~ | ~Apologies & Absences~ | ~Introduction~ | ~Oath of Drake~
~Axiom Thread~ | ~Idariel's Flights of Fancy~ | ~Idariel's Story Teller's Thread~

ClockworkShadow

Dear Clockwork,
I looked at all your links ... your work is incredible! It is so hard to change colors without loosing definition. You are very talented.

<blushes very intently>

Quote<blinks> does this mean that if we can't figure out how to wrap our dragon patterns on our dragon shape for the Pern project, you might know how to do it?

I've been graphic editing for... about 15? years... <counts on her fingers, distractedly>  Yea, 15.

So, I'll skip the probably and go with "yes" :)  If it boils down to it I can "draw" them onto the body with the lasso select tool.  My laptop mousepad will behave... <coughs and glares at it>

Since you both have mentioned something about having played WoW, you should appreciate:

- the lettering is all mine.  The symbols were traced, on my laptop, onto the custom deer body, with the lasso tool.

QuoteI really appreciate that she is not going to be forced to be a warrior;  Now we just have to hope for enough PCs that so that she can survive without combat skills.

Excellent. :)

Well, there have to be other people out there who aren't daunted by excruciating detail.  Patience shall prevail, I'm sure. :)  I need to turn that into my new mantra... o-0

A/A

o_O

Idariel

Quote from: ClockworkShadow on August 07, 2011, 08:36:40 AM
<blushes very intently>

I've been graphic editing for... about 15? years... <counts on her fingers, distractedly>  Yea, 15.

So, I'll skip the probably and go with "yes" :)  If it boils down to it I can "draw" them onto the body with the lasso select tool.  My laptop mousepad will behave... <coughs and glares at it>

Since you both have mentioned something about having played WoW, you should appreciate:

- the lettering is all mine.  The symbols were traced, on my laptop, onto the custom deer body, with the lasso tool.

Excellent. :)

Well, there have to be other people out there who aren't daunted by excruciating detail.  Patience shall prevail, I'm sure. :)  I need to turn that into my new mantra... o-0

Dear Clockwork, I love that picture! Malorne is a particular favorite of mine. I can't believe you did that lettering by hand!! I know very well how much skill it takes to do that. Or maybe the correct term is I know how much skill -won't- do it.  ;)

<bounces> ooh yay! Well, we won't burden you unless we can't figure it out, but ooh! I can't wait to share with you what we've done, because you will understand it!
I have almost, almost finished the story for Olive; I am just waiting for either my family or Haloriel to get up for a final proof read. I find it goes so much better if someone other then I reads it before I post! I've nearly finished the written part of the Newspaper one, as well. That requires my family's graphic skills to finish, though!

<grin> As for waiting patiently ... we may have to seduce them in by exposing them to the detail in layers, and emphasizing things like the ability to play someone NOT from Axiom so that they don't have to know the details; it will be fine for their characters to ask!

"Visualize your dream

~Axiom Thread~ | ~Idariel's Flights of Fancy~ | ~Idariel's Story Teller's Thread~

ClockworkShadow

Dear Clockwork, I love that picture! Malorne is a particular favorite of mine. I can't believe you did that lettering by hand!! I know very well how much skill it takes to do that. Or maybe the correct term is I know how much skill -won't- do it.  ;)[/i]

I don't think I've stopped blushing all morning... >.>

Quote<bounces> ooh yay! Well, we won't burden you unless we can't figure it out, but ooh! I can't wait to share with you what we've done, because you will understand it!
I have almost, almost finished the story for Olive; I am just waiting for either my family or Haloriel to get up for a final proof read. I find it goes so much better if someone other then I reads it before I post! I've nearly finished the written part of the Newspaper one, as well. That requires my family's graphic skills to finish, though!

I wish I could PM you, since I'm more than happy to offer my own proofing skills to anyone who needs such a thing.  Goodness knows, I should be able to use my bookworm nature and spelling bee history for something...  else, they drilled those word lists into my head for nothing... o-o

I wonder, if I were to set my email onto my profile, that you could access it?  I don't know just how much is blocked to Unapproved peoples.  Hmm...

Quote<grin> As for waiting patiently ... we may have to seduce them in by exposing them to the detail in layers, and emphasizing things like the ability to play someone NOT from Axiom so that they don't have to know the details; it will be fine for their characters to ask!

Well, when I set up my advertisement in the old development thread, I made sure to include a section about Outworlders.  But yes, that is precisely what the Outworlder concept is for... to give people who know nothing about either setting to gradually digest the learning curve and adapt to it. :)

A/A

o_O

Haloriel

I was considering making someone from another place.  But I don't know where I'd send them in from.  Maybe Feudal Japan. Muhaha.  Hey Clockwork ... think you can improve that picture I posted? <3  Also, if you guys like poetry, I has a thread now.

--Haloriel

ClockworkShadow

To quote myself... :3

Specify what you mean by polished?  I can do some very difficult edits, if need be. :3

I'll read it once my Muse lets up on the strenuous whipping :3

A/A

o_O

Haloriel

Oh!  I totally missed what you said there, I'm sorry. :)  I'm not sure I can describe what I mean.  It makes sense in my head ... I guess ... grr.  Or find a background for this one.  I like the other, but the details are not as sharp as I would like to see them, if that makes sense?  Perhaps I shall take a class to learn this stuff. :D

ClockworkShadow

A/A

o_O

Haloriel

Idariel

Dear Clockwork!!!

My heart -stopped- when I saw that picture of the samurai in the rain, all sharp and immediate, the beautiful dream-scape background, the superimposed fighting stance, of -clearly- the same person AND then the RAIN!! in the Foreground ... and yet it was all clear, beautiful perfect!

I'm truly in awe, my dear!

Oh, Clockwork! I've a few more world building questions we'll post for you later today; Is it alright if we make a rough map of my clan's territory and main settlement? Ooh, and Zetta is thinking of making me a graphic for the Background story, too!  We don't know what Gimp is, but its impressing us!

and Haloriel!  He's just ... Dreamy! It would be great if he was from REAL Fuedal Japan because everything would be -almost- right.
"Visualize your dream

ClockworkShadow

Ack!  Well I don't need to be making your heart stop, my Lady! o-0

<flutters around, worriedly>

Any and all questions are loved, of course.  Feel free to direct them here, or PMs, now that you've been approved :3  Either works equally well for me. ^^

Is it alright if we make a rough map of my clan's territory and main settlement?
Absolutely!  If s/he's feeling ambitious, I'm always intrigued in maps and suchlike (which are totally not my forte).  The world map I threw together for Axiom was very basic - just a visual reference for the alignment of one continent to the other.  I have no other visual references for any part of the world.

Ooh, and Zetta is thinking of making me a graphic for the Background story, too!
Sounds lovely! :)  All clear, here.

http://www.gimp.org :3

A/A

o_O

Haloriel

These programmes are so confusing!  ~wrings hands~

And thank you.  I just have to work on a persona. I think I have something in mind, but I have my Storyteller's Cafe thing to do first, now that my class is almost over. :)

ClockworkShadow

GIMP does have a bit of a learning curve to it.  I loved it from the first time I ever played around with it, though, when I also played around with Linux.  That was 11 years ago!

Let me know if you need any help.  Also, let me know when you have some time.  Drake and I have been brainstorming, and we've nailed a couple breakthrough concepts that I'd love to have your input on! :)

Good luck w/ the Cafe! :)

A/A

o_O

Haloriel

Quote from: ClockworkShadow on August 08, 2011, 02:13:05 PM
GIMP does have a bit of a learning curve to it.  I loved it from the first time I ever played around with it, though, when I also played around with Linux.  That was 11 years ago!

Let me know if you need any help.  Also, let me know when you have some time.  Drake and I have been brainstorming, and we've nailed a couple breakthrough concepts that I'd love to have your input on! :)

Good luck w/ the Cafe! :)

Thanks!  I'll be done at uni here soonish, just trying to wrangle some stuff at the Financial Aid office.  I'll tag you when I get home. :D

ClockworkShadow

Ok - So here he is in his hopefully-spellchecked, resplendent glory! :)  I decided to scrap the initial image edit that I made for him and go with the original aesthetics description, instead.

This character may be treated as an NPC.  Please discuss in-depth interactions with the GM, first.

Name: Keiki Maokeisu O'tao
{kay ' kee  |  mow ' kay ' shoo  |  oh ' tow}

Type: Paramnaran

Sukaoi of Birth: 8th; 3rd day

Height: 178 cm (about 5' 10")

Body: Fit, and somewhat athletic

Aesthetics: skin-tone is deeply tanned; eyes are a vibrant. emerald green; face is a angular and long; hair-tone is a deep, rich red with natural, blonde highlights

Clan: Saearma Keiki
{sh'eye ' ahr ' mah  |  kay ' kee}
{translation: (the) Keiki of Fire}

Role: Idaeo'suzei
{ee ' d'eye ' oh ' shoo ' zay}

(Oath)Bound to: Maomu Gaearma Taesa
{mow ' moo   g'eye ' ahr ' mah   t'eye ' shah}
{translation: Third Shrine of (the) Terra}

Beholder of: Idaeo'an Teisei Asaomun
{ee ' d'eye ' oh ' ahn  |  tay ' shay  |  ahsh ' ow ' moon}

History

The Taesa rested there, resonating a curious, subtle vibration, and appearing as if it were moulded from the ground, itself.  Each Taesa was a mystery, with its origins remaining unknown regardless of how thoroughly one delved into Paramnarma historical records.  This was no exception, seeming as if it had been Shaped seamlessly from a reflective, pitch black stone.  Except for this Taesa, and a couple other Gaear Taesa like it, there were no other examples of this strange, unnamed material on Paramnar.  Now, the boy -  merely 9 taokuneii - stood there with his back to the primary Idaeo'suzei of the Monaznar; fists were clenched, and he was grimly stoic, and somber. 

His parents had discussed the possibility of inducting him as an Idaeo'an, but they had procrastinated the actual deed because his Clan had a dwindling number of warriors to protect it.  This summer, however, the elder Idaeo'suzei had been sent - by the Taesa, itself - upon a pilgrimage to collect him.  His parents were distraught, but they knew better than to argue such a blatant play of destiny.  So they had packed the most basic necessities, and bid him farewell.

As he had glanced at his mother, who kept her soft, grey eyes averted, he knew that he would never see them again.

The imagery of his brief recollection shimmered, then distorted into nonexistence, as if it were a disturbed ripple in a pond.  Something demanded his fully-focused attention, and so he promptly snapped-to as a curious sentience began to massage his mind.

Of a sudden, a Voice that was both soft and thunderous consumed him; reverberated within the confines of his skull.  "Come."

He instantly, instinctively obeyed, striding forth in three paces to stand within touching-distance of the smooth, black Taesa.

"Kneel."

He dropped to both knees with a fluid, almost inhuman, and certainly possessed grace.

"Touch me."

Of a volition that was almost not his own, he placed both hands upon the unnaturally-smooth surface of the Taesa.  A choking sound would have been heard, from behind, if his perception were not so wholly engaged by the overwhelming connection.  If he had been aware, he might have realized that the elder Idaeo'suzei was witnessing something that had never before occured, in all of Paramnarma history, and was beside himself with shock.

Beneath his sensitive touch, the boy felt the stone begin to warm and vibrate, until it was thrumming so intensely that his vision had completely blurred.  Outside of his awareness, he began to glow with a blindingly brilliant, deep-gold luminescence.  This persisted for an entire hourglass' span of time.  Then, without any warning, the Taesa flared with a great, violent heat, and the flesh of his fingers and hands was seared to blisters.  The heat then invaded and coursed through his body, sending a debilitating, fiery pain to travel akin to every vein, nerve and capillary.  The agony was so intense that he could not move, or cry out.

Then, as suddenly as it had flared into existence, it was completely gone.  The boy's body was encompassed in debilitating shock.  After a brief moment, he collapsed, unconscious.

There he reverently knelt, by  the ancient Idaeo'suzei's deathbed, his fingers entwined with those of the old man's clammy, age-spotted hand.  The Omonai had long-since slipped beyond the margins of coherency, and was now wavering on the thinnest margins of bodily existence.  For those who had lived so long - fully 197 taokuneii - it was always the hardest to let go of their corporeal margins.  Certainly, it was not for lack of wanting; the spirit was simply too familiar with the body.

Maokeisu gently, soothingly manipulated the Idaeo'suzei's Ikaoi, impressing comfort and peace upon it as it slowed its meandering path amid the frail, deteriorating flesh, blood, and bone.  Under his breath, he hummed an old, nameless tune that he had been taught by his great-grandmother as a wee toddler.  His deep, bass voice was soft, yet it vibrated through his entire body and channeled through his intertwined grasp.

Another hourglass would pass, as he tirelessly soothed his ancient guide amid his inevitable passing.  Then, in half the span of an intaken breath, he felt the last ties sever and dissipate.  He bowed his head as he bid the Omonai farewell and blessings upon his next existence.  He unwove his fingers and placed a marbled agate carefully in the old man's palm.  Then he placed that hand, the right, upon the man's chest - with the stone cupped carefully betwixt - and he folded the left hand over it.

Next, he uncorked a flask of imbued danaoi and began to sprinkle the substance over the now-spiritless corpse.  Once the cleansing was complete, he summoned for the embalmers.  They would wrap the body in mao layers of treated, softened bamboo-cloth, then mao more layers of the finest silk.  His tightly-wrapped form would be further-treated with embalming herbs and oils.  Then, like his predecessors before him, the body would be arranged upon a strong, bamboo-pole litter, and transported to the sacred, underground crypt.  He would be lowered into a sarcophagus decorated with imageries of stories of his achievements and talents, bestowed with the few possessions he would have allowed himself to collect, and sealed away along with the ashes of those who - being most dear or invaluable to him - had passed on before him.

As one life ended, so another truly began.  The mantle was invisible, yet absolute.  He already knew that, unlike the Omonai, he would not wear it for the entirety of his existence.  However, for the duration of his responsibility, he would wear it proudly, and well.

The young man - of only 36 taokuneii - exited the deathroom, already feeling the Mark etching itself, permanently, into the flesh of his forehead.

Additional Notes:

Keiki Maokeisu is able to sense and manipulate:

• Standard Manipulations:

• Saear Daomasu - fully mastered; clan element
    • D'aoi Daomasu - fully mastered
    • Gaear Daomasu - fully mastered
    • Ramnaear Daomasu - critically advanced; expert, qualified to teach
    • Aenaoi Daomasu - fully mastered
    • Saokei Daomasu - critically advanced; expert, qualified to teach
    • Meilar Daomasu - critically advanced; expert, qualified to teach
    • Meilaoi Daomasu - critically advanced; expert, qualified to teach
    • Ikaoi Daomasu - fully mastered
    • Keiar Daomasu - critically advanced; expert, qualified to teach
    • Seitaoi Daomasu - critically advanced; expert, qualified to teach
    • Seitaomar Daomasu - critically advanced; expert, qualified to teach
    • Taomar Daomasu - critically advanced; expert, qualified to teach
  • Special Enhancements/Abilities:

• When, as a young boy, Maokeisu was Claimed by the Maomu Gaearma Taesa, it permanently enhanced his natural, Primary control of Saear.  If he focuses intently, he is able to heat the terra, even to the point of melting.  Smaller swatches of terra generate, on average, less-potent consequences.  Also, the distance of the affected terra to his own position affects the quality of the manipulation, as well as the consequences.

• Associated consequences typically involve: a headache that, very gradually, increases in intensity over the length of time that Maokeisu focuses upon this ability.  An extended duration also generates "glitches" in his brain, that range from slight, temporary impairment to persistent debilitations.  Thusfar, nothing has ever been permanent, though recovery has sometimes lasted several sukaoii.
The End of an Era, and Finding Asaomun

It was a prosperous taokunei, and the old Param still wore the Living Ring of Ikaoi Taesa.  Little had been required of tithes, and the surplus had induced a curious, complacent lull in the otherwise-familiar, clan warfare.  Sensing foreboding in the unseen patterns, however, Idaeo'suzei Neisao Maokeisu - he, who, at only 37 taokuneii, was the soulbound guardian of the third shrine of the Terra - had left the sacred halls of his Monaznar to travel Paramnar for answers.  Unfortunately, with no clues to help him find what he sought, he wandered well into the season of Gaeamnar's slumber.

As the season of slumber gradually expended itself, and sought to establish Gaeamnar's rebirth, so he found himself in the Clan of D'aoima Teisei.  The feeling of foreboding had doggedly thickened during his travels - despite the balance of the seasons continuing, unhampered - to the point that he was physically affected, and now struggling to breathe properly.  Shortly after his arrival, he unceremoniously collapsed into unconsciousness.  Monaeram Teisei Saegao, fearing the worst, had their honored visitor brought to the home of their resident healer family: an Omonae, Teisei Ikaoima, his Beholden, Teisei Raemun, and their three children. 

Teisei Ikaoima and Raemun plied their abilities upon the fallen Idaeo'suzei from the moment he was brought in, until the largest of the moons, Monaz, was at its peak.  During this entire time, their youngest child - a girl of the tender age of 3 taokuneii - would absolutely not leave the healing room, no matter how they (halfheartedly) threatened grave consequences.  The Idaeo'suzei was now breathing easier, though, and they were exhausted and physically shaking after such prolonged manipulation of the various energies that they'd needed to work with.  So the Omonae and his Beholden made the unorthodox decision to allow their seemingly-tireless, young daughter, the honor and responsibility to keep watch over the recovering Monaznar master.  As it was, however, she was already known to be a rather unusual, serious child, and she had already, undoubtedly displayed evidence of her parents' abilities.

Once her parents were confirmed to have turned-in, she had drug a stool over and used it to maneuver herself up, and onto Neisao Maokeisu's cot.  She sat, boldly and quite unceremoniously, inbetween his spaced-apart feet, with her legs folded and crossed over each other.  Having heard tales of monaznumos from her parents, and their acquaintances, she intertwined her fingers in her lap, closed her eyes, and began to pace her breathing.  The light of Monaz, as She descended across the sky, invaded through the open doorway and glass-less holes in the walls.  It rested, as a wreath of illumination, upon the small child, and a casual observer might have even claimed that she appeared to be channeling it.  Seitaoi Daomasu, however, was an Idaeo'suzeima mastery.  No child, let alone one from a simple Clan - whose Primary was the element of danaoi - should be able to sense something so advanced, and yet...

About an hourglass' turn into this child's vigilant guardianship, the Idaeo'suzei gently stirred, and then began to pull out of his recovering rest.  An incredibly-curious sensation was whispering over his skin with the most feather-light of caresses.  He blinked his eyes open, furrowing his brows as his sight adjusted to the intensity of Monaz' light.  His first thought was to question why was he so sensitive to it, of a sudden.  He vaguely remembered collapsing, and wondered if he had hit his head especially hard upon the ground.  Then, that curious sensation revisited him, and tingled its way over his arms and shoulders, then up to the crown of his scalp before dissipating.  He lips parted slightly, as he shivered in response, and he very slowly adjusted so that he could prop himself up and look around.  In the next moment, his eyes came to rest upon the tiny, vigilant figure, appearing as something incomparable, yet breathtaking, as she sat there in her wreath of moonlight.  Breathing shallowly through his mouth, he pushed himself into a sitting position and leant forward.  Then, after a few moments longer, he reached out and, so very tentatively, touched his fingertips to her cheek and jaw.

For an amateur practicing only upon what she had heard, indirectly, from her elders, she had managed to discipline herself into a rather deep trance.  So, when the fingertips of the Idaeo'suzei had touched her face, it was the first thing to break through to her awareness.  She felt Monaz' embrace gently fall away, as if a mantle sliding from one's shoulders, and she rose out of her monaznumos to open her eyes.  As soon as she did, and their eyes met, her little hands flew to her mouth, and she blinked a couple of times.  The master nodded, in recognition of something unheard, and yet absolute.  Very, very slowly, throwing away all the protocol that had been, so far, taught to her, she removed her hands from her mouth and extended them out to touch his cheeks and jaw.  In the next instant, something jolted through their bodies, and inextricably meshed their essences together.  Acknowledgement flashed between them, as they kept their eyes trained upon each other throughout this exchange and merging of natural, personal energies.  Then, moments later, she pushed herself forward to crawl closer, curling against the master's torso as he brought his arms around to embrace her protectively.  With this man, there was no protocol; he was her Idaeo'suzei, and she belonged to him.

One sukaoi later, the ancient Param - at 157 taokuneii - passed away and the Living Ring was placed upon the second finger of his eldest otaodar.  It would not be long before the reason for the Idaeo'suzei's sense of foreboding became evident.

A/A

o_O

Haloriel

I don't see any apparent errors.  I do like his story/history though, very much.

ClockworkShadow

Thanks for reading it over, Haloriel. :3

A/A

o_O

Xunzar

Name: Markus Daale Inkarn

Type: Nu Logikir

Species: Human

Position: Konsulir (Merkantir)

Chyklos of Birth: ---; --- day (this is voluntary, additional information)

Height: 201cm

Body: Mostly muscle (approximately 126 kilos)

Aesthetics (or Physical Description): Medium length black hair and carefully trimmed goatee. Blue-gray eyes. Markus generally wears black breeches and boots, a white shirt (ruffled) and a blue frock coat with gold trim. He also carries a cane made of some sort of blackened wood.

Character History: The Inkarn family was a Konsulatus Konvant of significant influence at one point. As a young man, Markus was sent to a boarding school where he was educated to be the next Magir of the clan. During his time there, however, his father made a series of poor decisions that resulted in the collapse of the family's fortunes. When Markus returned home, the Inkarn family was no longer of the Konsulatus and had been stripped of its Konvant status.

By dint of effort, Markus rebuilt some amount of the clan's strength. There were too few formatir and formatos left for the clan to still be a Konvant, but through wealth, Markus was able to build the Inkarn family up into a Tradak and restored it to its place in the Konsulatus.

The family could now be considered stronger than ever, trade might bringing it more power than it had wielded as a Konvant, but Markus is unhappy with the fact that his family no longer holds that status. If he could, he would restore the family's former title.

Additional Notes: None yet.
The list below is mostly up to date. To be honest, you can assume there is little that is a hard no.
A list of kinks

ClockworkShadow

XUN!

<screeches gleefully and tacklepounces>

You're back!

A/A

o_O

Xunzar

*laughs softly* Yes, yes I am. *kisses hand* And you are still beautiful. *flirtflirt*
The list below is mostly up to date. To be honest, you can assume there is little that is a hard no.
A list of kinks

ClockworkShadow

Oh, you are most definitely back, silvertongued charmer that you are >.>.

I promise to look over your profile submission soon.  Unfortunately, today is a serious, sad day for me, and I will be kept away from the computer for most of it.  You are welcome to inquire, in private, for more details.  Idariel is away, but Haloriel could probably provide you with some lovely feedback on your character, in the meanwhile. :)

A/A

o_O

Xunzar

Not to worry, Clock. Life is life. *smiles slightly* I wish there was more I could do.
A list of kinks

ClockworkShadow

Life is, indeed life.  And death, well... death is a question, I think.

Do not worry too much, for me.  In my primary relationship, I am the one that is far more at peace with these events, sad though they may be.

A/A

o_O