[Recruitment/Interest Check] Exalted 2.5: Return of the Mighty

Started by Dracorion, November 08, 2012, 11:17:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

PaleEnchantress

Quote from: Zaer Darkwail on November 22, 2012, 01:35:07 AM
As general question whom you hold a obligation? Your cultists?

Also in exalted combat you lack PD (perfect defense) which leaves you vulrenable. Meaning another option than PD is to go with high soak/health levels to 'tank' the damage. So far as I can see your soak is decent and have corpse-body to add health levels. But I would advice to get somekind physical DV increasing method, usually parry or dodge depending ability focus. As avoided hit is still good thing even if foe can only ping you (do 1 or 3 dice of dmg depending weapon they are using). But these are more for future investments as none can be bought with one charm (get resistance PD in form of 'perfect soak', it looks kick ass to blow yourself up in bloody gore and reform yourself after devastating blow and show no scratch).

I would myself pick presence excelency if you want anyway bolster your social ability and magnetism otherways than raw passive statitics. Also abyssals have nasty presence charms; if someone would defy your command (burn WP to avoid social fu'ed), they get instead health levels lost (and that is nastier effect and cannot be comprehended as it comes as unexpected attack on invindual but they get foreboding warning that defiance is going to be painful).

My obligation is actually to either Prince of Shadow or Typhon, Wink of the Storms Eye. (either fills the role perfectly I just haven't decided which)  Whichever of them I chose was a brief lover of The Widow and did some favors for The Lover to keep her occupied long enough for her to lose track of The Widow. The same abyssal that The Widow owes the favor to is also the one dot ally.   The deception may not have been necessary since The Widow holds The Lover in great esteem. The Lover is probably too close to the neverborn to actually aid The Widow, but the fact that she isn't actively opposing the widow or trying to capture it speaks quite a lot about what The Lover really thinks.

One thing I actually considered doing with the 5 points is taking merit "True Love: The Bodhisattva" which would put an interesting twist on why he is so upset that he didn't exalt The Widow and his actions toward it.

The reason I didn't is because that's a really epic plotline that would require far more of the storyteller than just a little jurisdiction. I'll ask Draconian though, if he has a "thing" for my character he may really enjoy the idea. If not than the Bodhisattva's pursuit still has a touch of lust and jealousy but that's just a small part of it rather than a deep-seated passion.
" class="bbc_img" class="bbc_img" class="bbc_img

Muse

A link for all of us who ever had a shouting match with our muse: http://www.ted.com/talks/elizabeth_gilbert_on_genius.html

How to set this Muse ablaze (O/Os)

When the little angel won't appear no matter how many plum blossoms you swirl:  https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=135346.msg16474321#msg16474321 (Major update 5/10/2023)

PaleEnchantress

Quote from: Muse on November 22, 2012, 02:07:54 AM
*Sweat drop*  This is some scary stuff, Pale.

What specifically got scary? I'm rather proud of how frightening I made The Widows back story, but there are a few other creepy things you might mean instead.

Muse

Well, I haven't followed it all, but in general I'm afraid of what will happen when we try to kill each other.  *sweat drop* 
A link for all of us who ever had a shouting match with our muse: http://www.ted.com/talks/elizabeth_gilbert_on_genius.html

How to set this Muse ablaze (O/Os)

When the little angel won't appear no matter how many plum blossoms you swirl:  https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=135346.msg16474321#msg16474321 (Major update 5/10/2023)

Zaer Darkwail

'Distract' Lover? Do you have any idea who or what Lover is exactly (or was before she was croaked in first age)? She was a Zenith who had explored all carnal activities, all debauchery and gone even beyond that scope and reached a point that she welcomed the dragonblood's spears impale her to give her one last final thrill; which was dying itself. A debauchery which included sleeping with primordials. So someone to distract her even five minutes must be something special or arranged a very damn strong stimuli to heat Lover's cold veins :P. More likely scenario is that Lover lost interest on the char and simply does not care to chase a toy which she has no interest in, she is like that.

Just my opinion though and it's your background story :).

Quote from: Muse on November 22, 2012, 02:17:11 AM
  Well, I haven't followed it all, but in general I'm afraid of what will happen when we try to kill each other.  *sweat drop* 

You do not want to know what PaleEnchantress will do with his/her char if you try seriously kill Widow.

AndyZ

Zaer, where do they list which castes the Deathlords originally were?  That's something I've wondered for quite a while.
It's all good, and it's all in fun.  Now get in the pit and try to love someone.

Ons/Offs   -  My schedule and A/As   -    My Avatars

If I've owed you a post for at least a week, poke me.

PaleEnchantress

Quote from: Zaer Darkwail on November 22, 2012, 02:19:22 AM
'Distract' Lover? Do you have any idea who or what Lover is exactly (or was before she was croaked in first age)? She was a Zenith who had explored all carnal activities, all debauchery and gone even beyond that scope and reached a point that she welcomed the dragonblood's spears impale her to give her one last final thrill; which was dying itself. A debauchery which included sleeping with primordials. So someone to distract her even five minutes must be something special or arranged a very damn strong stimuli to heat Lover's cold veins :P. More likely scenario is that Lover lost interest on the char and simply does not care to chase a toy which she has no interest in, she is like that.

Just my opinion though and it's your background story :).

When I said "Distract" I did not mean with sexuality or stimuli. I really imagined that it would be with information she wanted on something she was perusing. The Prince with whatever she has him working on, and Typhon possibly with a secret of his neverborn master's.  I don't mean it in a simplistic "them waving a flag while my character sneaks out the back door" sort of way. I'm well aware of what The Lover is, she's quite an inspiration to me personally ^_~.

Quote from: Zaer Darkwail on November 22, 2012, 02:19:22 AMYou do not want to know what PaleEnchantress will do with his/her char if you try seriously kill Widow.

You know me so well Zaer. Im looking forward to being able ti interact with you as something other than a DM.

Zaer Darkwail

Quote from: AndyZ on November 22, 2012, 02:27:12 AM
Zaer, where do they list which castes the Deathlords originally were?  That's something I've wondered for quite a while.

I remember there was some info but not sure where I got it from. But overall you can guess what the deathlords were or it is revealed to you if you read their backgrounds carefully enough. I kind have mixed 1st ed and 2th ed knowlegde about them and so I may get some info from 1st ed about what they were before they fell.

Quote from: PaleEnchantress on November 22, 2012, 02:27:56 AM
When I said "Distract" I did not mean with sexuality or stimuli. I really imagined that it would be with information she wanted on something she was perusing. The Prince with whatever she has him working on, and Typhon possibly with a secret of his neverborn master's.  I don't mean it in a simplistic "them waving a flag while my character sneaks out the back door" sort of way. I'm well aware of what The Lover is, she's quite an inspiration to me personally ^_~.

Ok, that clarifies it bit. Lover can be distracted that way but even that is challenge, as her being lazy carnalistic is mere mask what she wears pull down other deathlords look down on her. She is not above act a dumb bimbo whore if it helps others ignore her and her plans. From all deathlords she scares me more than Forsaken Lion (in plotting wise anyway, direct combat wise she is scary with her damn soul sucking mirror and her self-developed CMA; laughing Wound Style which makes her invulrenable to pain and feasts upon her and others pain).

Quote from: PaleEnchantress on November 22, 2012, 02:27:56 AM
You know me so well Zaer. Im looking forward to being able ti interact with you as something other than a DM.

Same, just glad that my char has high passive stealth pool, is night caste and also has amulet of cheese to allow him escape so long he got motes to burn. But you can ambush him though (lack surprise negator nor have any PD either, so I heavily lean on disguise and stealth to be useful in anyway in party combat wise). But considering my char has Appearance 5 I can imagine Widow chasing him even if he is not leaning 'that direction' in sexuality wise (plus he is a fresh widow who still mourns his wife so anything sexual is rather sensitive subject to him).

But interesting is also that he is mute and so he uses sign language when he can or writes on paper (need get charm which allows use own blood as a ink and able write into air itself).

AndyZ

Since we're already discussing house rules, I've got one I'd like to suggest.

Usually, Crafts are done with having to buy each and every craft separately.  Draco, would you allow for that every dot of Crafts you have gives you access to another purview?  This would make it more feasible to be able to do magitech but have enough skills to follow with a group.
It's all good, and it's all in fun.  Now get in the pit and try to love someone.

PaleEnchantress

Quote from: Zaer Darkwail on November 22, 2012, 02:39:11 AM

Same, just glad that my char has high passive stealth pool, is night caste and also has amulet of cheese to allow him escape so long he got motes to burn. But you can ambush him though (lack surprise negator nor have any PD either, so I heavily lean on disguise and stealth to be useful in anyway in party combat wise). But considering my char has Appearance 5 I can imagine Widow chasing him even if he is not leaning 'that direction' in sexuality wise (plus he is a fresh widow who still mourns his wife so anything sexual is rather sensitive subject to him).

But interesting is also that he is mute and so he uses sign language when he can or writes on paper (need get charm which allows use own blood as a ink and able write into air itself).

Ah do you think we are going to be in conflict much? I thought we may have a "better the evil you know; and at least this evil is hot" relationship. Then again I see intimacies like "Slavers (hatred)" and realize that, while exalted doesn't have black and white morality,  if we put it in D&D terms you're Chaotic Neutral and I'm Lawful Evil. Past life aside Widow is closer to female than male in visage (can seduce those attracted to either gender easily but actually gets a massive bonus if they are attracted to females). I might need to point out when I say genderless I don't mean "hermaphrodite" there are some distinct differences.

PaleEnchantress

Quote from: AndyZ on November 22, 2012, 03:01:18 AM
Since we're already discussing house rules, I've got one I'd like to suggest.

Usually, Crafts are done with having to buy each and every craft separately.  Draco, would you allow for that every dot of Crafts you have gives you access to another purview?  This would make it more feasible to be able to do magitech but have enough skills to follow with a group.

I do like that idea, but it may seem a bit self serving for me to jump up and scream "OH YEAH DEFINABLY!"

Just letting you know if you like to coordinate your skills so there is little overlap, my craft(fire) is high for necrotech but I have no other elements of craft (without that house rule)

AndyZ

Yeah, Necrotech is different enough from Magitech that it won't be much of an issue, even though we'll both have to have Fire.

PaleEnchantress

Quote from: AndyZ on November 22, 2012, 03:05:17 AM
Yeah, Necrotech is different enough from Magitech that it won't be much of an issue, even though we'll both have to have Fire.

If I was able to get points in a different craft for free (IE the houserule gets approved) i'd probably take water since it lends itself well to Necrotech (filling the veins with alchemical substances) and change my enchantment thaumaturgy to alchemy. I'd imagine for Magitech earth or air would be better than water, thus further spacing out what we can do.

AndyZ

Water is also leather working.  I don't even need to explain that one.

Zaer Darkwail

Quote from: PaleEnchantress on November 22, 2012, 03:01:25 AM

Ah do you think we are going to be in conflict much? I thought we may have a "better the evil you know; and at least this evil is hot" relationship. Then again I see intimacies like "Slavers (hatred)" and realize that, while exalted doesn't have black and white morality,  if we put it in D&D terms you're Chaotic Neutral and I'm Lawful Evil. Past life aside Widow is closer to female than male in visage (can seduce those attracted to either gender easily but actually gets a massive bonus if they are attracted to females). I might need to point out when I say genderless I don't mean "hermaphrodite" there are some distinct differences.

I do know difference between hemaphordite and genderless, what comes to specifics for relationship if any what Widow would have with Crow depends on how face to face interaction goes. I just took the default route being avoidance as Crow would be wary of any other abyssals, including renegades as he is not sure what goal they are seeking outside Liege relationship and they may not actively seek to kill/destroy their former masters/mistresses (and fun note; abyssals have 'radar' ability locate other creatures of darkness and identify what they are; so they can sense presence of other abyssals but cannot pinpoint it out without additional charm or use of Whispers background).

Quote from: AndyZ on November 22, 2012, 03:11:40 AM

Wood is also used because it deals with 'organic matter' and it includes leatherworking. Water is more all liquid substances like cooking, alchemy, brewing and such.

I also would warmly suggest/support the idea that Craft is turned so that dots in it gives skill over one element per dot (and egual profiency in all elements based on dots). So Craft 3 could mean crafter has in effect 3 dots in Fire, Earth and Wood. After achieving 5th dot the crafter is profient in all elemental crafts, but needs purchase sepparately necrotech, magitech and other craft stuff.

PaleEnchantress

Quote from: AndyZ on November 22, 2012, 03:11:40 AM

Ah I thought leather and cloth were air! That just makes water even better for me (humanoid skin after all). Despite having the same craft skills we will be doing very different things with them anyway.

Zaer Darkwail

Air is more glass blowing and jewelry (or otherwise known as 'finer detail works'). Earth is all about structures/buildings made from stone. Fire is metalworking and stuff which needs fire to make (so could make jewelry perhaps but not so refined ones compared made with air).

AndyZ

• Wood: carpentry, weaving, paper-making, flower arranging
(carving, weaving and manipulating natural materials)
• Water: cooking, brewing, leather working, pharmacy and poison-making
(boiling and cooking plants, chemicals and animal materials)

Teo Torriatte

AndyZ

There's a couple things I need to get approval for from Draco, but here's what I'm thinking:
(Picture edited by CandyLips)

Name: Infinite Sky
Caste: Twilight
Anima: A blue book with gold lettering containing thousands of secrets in Old Realm
Motivation: Recreate a First Age workshop

Strength 2 Dexterity 5 Stamina 2
Charisma 2 Manipulation 2 Appearance 3/6
Perception 4 Intelligence 4 Wits 3

*Archery 5 (Essence Pulse Cannons +3)
Athletics 1
*Awareness 1
*Craft 5 (Air, Earth, Fire, Magitech, Wood)
*Dodge 1 (Flying +3)
Integrity 3
*Investigation 2
Linguistics 1 (Old Realm)
*Lore 5
Martial Arts 3
*Medicine 0
*Occult 5
*Presence 1
*Resistance 1
Socialize 1
Stealth 1
War 1

Artifact: Siege Devastator 3
Artifact: Wings of the Raptor 4
Manse: Labyrinthine Eye 1
Resources 3

ESSENCE ARROW ATTACK - Righteous Judgment Arrow

Cost:  2m; Mins: Archery 2, Essence 2; Type: Supplemental
Keywords:  Combo-OK, Obvious
Duration: Instant
Prerequisite Charms: None
The character charges an arrow with Essence. The effects are based on the character’s fighting style and anima. This Charm always adds the character’s Essence in damage to an Archery-based attack. In addition, players can pick one of the following effects when purchasing this Charm.
Righteous Judgment Arrow: The Solar can spend a third mote on this Charm to add four extra dice of damage to the attack.  This variation has a distinctive visual effect usually related to the character’s anima. For example, if a Twilight’s anima display shows a mandala of blue and gold light, her Righteous Judgment Arrow might have streamers of blue and gold that congeal into a mandala symbol in front of the target as the arrow hits.
Characters can purchase additional effects for this Charm at a cost of one experience point each or one bonus point for both.
PHANTOM ARROW TECHNIQUE

Cost:—(1m per attack); Mins: Archery 3, Essence 2; Type: Permanent
Keywords: Obvious
Prerequisite Charms: Essence Arrow Attack
The bane of the mortal archer is her dependence on ammunition, but Lawgivers can use this Charm to shape sparkling arrows of Essence. This Charm permits a Lawgiver to make ranged attacks without using ammunition. Each such attack costs one mote of Essence. The Exalt can attack as if using any form of ammunition without Resources cost, such as a broadhead, fowling, frog crotch or target arrow. This Charm permanently enhances the Exalt’s capabilities. Therefore, shaping motes into ammunition is an unrolled reflexive action and not a Charm activation.
SUMMONING THE LOYAL BOW

Cost: 1m; Mins: Archery 3, Essence 2; Type: Simple (Speed 3)
Keywords: Combo-OK, Merged, Mirror (Banished Bow Arsenal)
Duration: Indefinite
Prerequisite Charms: Phantom Arrow Technique
The Chosen may set aside their weapons for a time, but a life of peace can never be their fate. The Solar first draws a ranged weapon that he owns and has used to inflict damage in battle. This Charm banishes that weapon to Elsewhere. The Solar can then draw the weapon directly from Elsewhere later, using a miscellaneous action. The Charm ends when he does so. If he cancels the Essence committed to this Charm while the weapon is Elsewhere, the weapon falls to the ground at his side.
Merged: Summoning the Loyal Steel (Melee).
FISTS OF IRON TECHNIQUE

Cost: 1m; Mins: Martial Arts 2, Essence 1; Type: Reflexive
Keywords: Combo-OK, Enhanced
Duration: One action
The Solar infuses her hands with the strength of her Essence and strikes like the Unconquered Sun. This Charm enhances an unarmed Martial Arts attack, improving its Accuracy by one and its Damage by two and making its damage lethal. The Solar can parry lethal hand-to-hand attacks without a stunt until his next action.
Enhancement: This Charm adds the magical material benefits of orichalcum to the Solar’s natural attacks while Solar Hero Form is active.
THUNDERCLAP RUSH ATTACK

Cost:  1m; Mins: Martial Arts 3, Essence 2;  Type:  Supplemental
Keywords: Combo-OK, Martial-ready
This Charm drops a supplemented attack’s Speed to 3.
Martial-ready: Archery, Melee, Thrown.
Craft Triumphant
Investigation Triumphant
JUDGE’S EAR TECHNIQUE

Cost: 3m; Mins:  Investigation 2, Essence 1; Type: Reflexive (Step 1)
Keywords:  Combo-OK
Duration: One scene
Prerequisite Charms: Any Investigation Excellency
The Lawgivers are the guardians of truth. This Charm allows the character to recognize as lies all deliberate lies presented to her. The character can also recognize the deliberate use of half-truths, though doing so does not tell her which part of the statement is true. If another Charm contests these effects (see p. 179), add the character’s Essence in automatic successes to the (Perception + Investigation) roll to oppose the other Charm.
SPIRIT-DETECTING GLANCE

Cost: 3m; Mins: Occult 2, Essence 2; Type: Reflexive (Step 1)
Keywords: Combo-OK
Spirits cannot hide from the Lawgivers. Spirits such as demons, ghosts and gods often move through the world in dematerialized form, completely hidden from all observers. This Charm lets the character see, hear, smell and feel—but not touch—dematerialized creatures. It makes dematerialized creatures within the normal range of the character’s senses valid targets for the character’s Awareness actions, including reflexive Awareness actions.
ALL-ENCOMPASSING SORCERER’S SIGHT

Cost: 6m; Mins: Occult 5, Essence 2; Type: Reflexive (Step 1)
Keywords: None
Prerequisite Charms: Spirit-Detecting Glance
Nothing is hidden from the Lawgivers. The character augments his vision with the ability to see patterns of Essence. This Charm allows the character to  see motes, Essence-fueled effects,
power and invisible but magical creatures and effects. These things become valid targets for the character’s visual Awareness rolls, including reflexive visual Awareness rolls.
The ability to perceive Essence patterns has the following effects: All Charms are treated as Obvious with respect to the character. Dematerialized and invisible creatures and effects are considered visible. The character recognizes all artifacts, manses and demesnes as such. The character can automatically recognize a creature with Essence 4+ as a supernatural creature. Characters using Stealth to avoid detection are not automatically revealed by their Charms, Essence trait or carried artifacts—for the same reason that colorful clothing does not automatically void mundane attempts at stealth. Instead, add the  target’s Essence in dice to any attempt by the character to pierce mundane or magical Stealth.  Similarly, this Charm does not automatically void disguises, magical disguises and similar deceptions, although circumstances might warrant a bonus to see through them.
If the character makes a conscious attempt to analyze what he sees, this Charm allows an (Intelligence + Occult) roll to do so. Identifying the exact effects of an unknown Charm or spell is difficulty 5. Gauging the rating of a person’s Essence trait, a demesne, a manse or an artifact has difficulty 2.
Ox-Body Technique

Compassion 2 Conviction 3 Temperance 2 Valor 2
Essence 2 Willpower 9
Personal Essence: 15
Peripheral Essence: 32 (7 committed, 25 uncommitted)
Limit: Heart of Flint

Past Lives 2

Exceptional Chain Shirt: +2B/+4L - Mobility -0 - Fatigue 0

Good Luck Charm

Incomplete set of First Age tools

Intimacies:

The Unconquered Sun (Apologetic Devotion)

The First Age (Forlorn Nostalgia)

Logic (Devotion)

Celestial Exalts (Respect)

Pathos (Disgust)

The Immaculate Order (Disdain)

Bonus Points: Abilities 9, Specialties 1, Backgrounds 2, Willpower 4, Merits 2

When you're young and innocent, the sky looks as though it goes on forever.  Of course, anyone familiar with Heaven Leaves knows the truth: the sky has a limit, and anyone who reaches that firmament is dealt with by the god who keeps the sky clear.  In a way, Sky is grateful that her parents didn't know that when she was named, since it might have completely changed her life for the worse.

Curiosity is a fire that never seems to go out unless smothered.  In that regard, Sky was fortunate to be a resident of Nexus, with its vast library free to any citizen of the city.  She showed enough aptitude to be a scholar, and as she grew older, she took up the position of an apprentice.

Some of the things she read didn't make any sense, but she filed them away in her mind, hoping that someday she would understand.  It never seemed to be enough to explain everything, and it started to become apparent that she may have to grow old and die before she even began to truly understand.  Others told her to be patient, that only time brought understanding.  She couldn't accept that.  It made life completely meaningless.

She started to branch out her work, taking on apprenticeships with others like blacksmiths and jewelers in order to put together the gaps that books didn't fully explain.  Any normal person would give up.  Any sane person would give up.  She knew, of course, that she wasn't Terrestrial and had no chance of Exaltation, but she could always give it up as hopeless later.

It was around then that she saw a golden necklace that she recognized from one of the books.  She couldn't be absolutely certain, of course, but she felt sure she recognized the winged designs as far more than just the simple imitation of a hearthstone amulet.  She had to save up for months to get it, but the merchant was kind enough to hold it for her.

It took over a year of toying with the device, learning the circuitry, understanding the bits, even getting enough Essence to test it over.  Her Exaltation, however, didn't come until she put it on, intuitively attuning the device and spreading her new Wings of the Raptor.

Everything was downhill from there, and yet she knew how much further she had to climb.  Even though memories from the First Age put things together that she couldn't possibly have comprehended before, she could hardly be satisfied simply repairing things.  Instead, she put her new talents to use in getting enough money to try her own project, something she'd been working on before the Usurpation.

The giant device took her a full year to practice upon, during which she learned so much about the rest of how the world really worked.  She saturated herself upon every book left in the library, found herself a minor underwater manse which had been long forgotten in the Age of Sorrows.

The project could be simply explained, even if the actual design was anything but.  Most weapons were designed to be held in the hand, perhaps braced on the shoulder or gripped by both hands in order to provide stability.  This meant that siege weaponry had to be placed upon turrets and properly braced, because it would break the wrist of anyone who attempted to use it.  Her design worked instead of completely enveloping the hand, combining the basic principles of a Concussive Essence Cannon with the Charm of Phantom Arrow Technique in order to form a blast of Essence and then amplify it. 

It was huge and heavy in order to get the desired effect (not to mention that she wants to get the proper design done before attempting to miniaturize it) and would keep her from being able to properly use her arm below the elbow while she had it attuned, but such were minor concerns.

She's made one.  The rest is just a matter of perfecting the design.  It was rough going, though, and the tools she has available just haven't been what she's used to.  If she's ever going to get everything going again properly, she's going to need one of the workshops straight from the First Age.

Siege Devastator: Speed 6 - Accuracy 14 - Damage 16L/21B - Range 210 - Rate 1 - F, P
Bashing damage does not exceed incapacitated, ignores non-magical metal armor.  Targets are also hurled back and suffer injury if slammed into objects as though the attack was enhanced
by Heaven Thunder Hammer (see  Exalted, p. 242), though knockback damage caps at 25L.

Dodge DV 6 (-2 Siege Devastator, +3 Wings of the Raptor = 7 in combat)

Mental DV: 6

Soak: Bashing 4 - Lethal 5 - Aggravated 4

-0:  [ ]
-1:  [ ] [ ] [ ]
-2:  [ ] [ ] [ ] [ ]
-4:  [ ]
Inc: [ ]

Personal Essence: 6 / 15 (9 committed)

Peripheral Essence: 25 / 25

Willpower: O O O O O O O O O

Limit: [ ] [ ] [ ] [ ] [ ] [ ] [ ] [ ] [ ] [ ]

Zaer Darkwail

I just point out Andyz that the 5 dots must be devoted elemental crafts completely; meaning Air, Earth, Fire, Water and Wood. So to have 5 dots in magitech you need invest them sepparately for that. That the idea of Craft (elemental) idea to combine the different elemental crafts into one.

Even if you have 3 dots in craft (elemental) you can invest on magitech but be limited as normal (so cannot have higher magitech rating than craft; elemental).

PaleEnchantress

I just realized that if we go with the flat XP method I have to find 4 more points worth of flaws. The increased cost to backgrounds (something I really enjoyed taking)  eats a lot of extra points.

AKunoichi

Quote from: Dracorion on November 21, 2012, 11:06:54 PM
Technically, yes. Thorn is dealing with personal issues and asked that we give away his spot if someone else wanted in, so you can join.

That being said, we've got two Midnights already, so your Zenith would be the third of that character type. I'm not going to say you have to come up with another concept, but if you go for it, you might want to try and distinguish yourself from the other two.

Hmm, as a Zenith I was planning on being a mass social combat character built around Husband Seducing Demon dance. However it looks like there are already a bunch of mass brainwashing machines in the party, and they would probably do my job better than me. So I'm less sure now.

Anyways her name is Shine's brightly and she's a temple prostitute from a hidden village in the jungles south of AnTeng that still worships the unconquered sun. One day a bunch of dynasts found it while on a safari and decided to purge the herresy. Shine refused to bow down to the Dynasts and exalted as a zenith, causing one of them, a wood aspect named Cynis Lalewira, to turn against her friends and defend the village. Now Shine is traveling the world under the guise of Lalewira's slave to judge the current state of creation and form a plan to spread the worship of the sun.

https://dl.dropbox.com/u/24299180/Documents/Characters/Shines%20Brightly.pdf

This was her character sheet, I might have to update it for the XP requirements for this campaign, but I don't have time now because it's thanksgiving. However it's an outline of her build, the final product would be along those lines. You can use it to compare her to the others.

PaleEnchantress

Quote from: AK47 on November 22, 2012, 12:41:03 PM
Hmm, as a Zenith I was planning on being a mass social combat character built around Husband Seducing Demon dance. However it looks like there are already a bunch of mass brainwashing machines in the party, and they would probably do my job better than me. So I'm less sure now.

Amusingly I was looking at maybe trying to pick up Irresistible Succubus Style  but realized it's almost redundant because I already built The Widow to be able to inspire a great deal of lust regardless of what gender it's subject is attracted to.

Re Z L

Quote from: PaleEnchantress on November 22, 2012, 12:30:08 PM
I just realized that if we go with the flat XP method I have to find 4 more points worth of flaws. The increased cost to backgrounds (something I really enjoyed taking)  eats a lot of extra points.

I don't think we're going to go back and redo character creation, the flat xp would just be for during the game.
A&A