Grimm Fairy Tales Presents: Arcane Acre - (Still Recruiting)

Started by Moraline, May 25, 2015, 08:47:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Moraline

Still recruiting! For anyone interested, post here or send me your character sheet if you're interested in joining.

We have a character sheet thread up (For approved characters) and an OOC Thread

Links:
OOC
Character Sheets
IC <coming soon...>

BellaVita

Fiona Ferax:
Bloodline:  Falseblood; Daughter of the Celtic goddess Áine and a Druidic leader named Beli Clo'ah
Physical Description:   

Height: 5'4"
Weight: 115 lbs
Hair: Long and Silver
Eyes: Greenish-Blue 
Distinguishing Features: Besides her naturally silver hair, she has druidic tattoos of vines wrapping around her right arm from the shoulder to the back of her hand

Cliches: Artsy, Innocent, Tree-hugger.

Tools:
Shoulder bag with her sketchbook and pencils, cell phone, wallet with some cash, red lipstick, the Cathair Aine stone given to her by her mother that was made into a pendant and hung around her neck; it was said if anyone sat on the stone, they would be in danger of losing their wits, sit three times and they would lose them forever.

Hooks:
*Rarely will let anyone see her art.
*Has a great love and respect for the planet.
*Not exactly the most social person, but she has an easy-going attitude and can often find common ground with just about anyone.
*She is a master of archery and is proficient in the use of staves.

What would the others(players) possibly know about you? That she loves drawing, and is often seen around with her sketchbook in hand. They might also note that being part druid, she has a love for the Earth and has probably given them a lecture if they dared not recycle in her presence.

What weakness do you possess or what is your weakest skill? She can often become absentminded and klutzy.

What is your biggest personality flaw? Her naive and overly-trusting nature.

What are you most afraid of? Rejection, either in regards to her artwork or herself.

Tales:
- When Fiona was a child, her father was approached by a nearby town that had been struck by a drought. They wondered why her father's people were not so effected and offered a great sum to obtain this knowledge. Beli Clo'ah was hesitant, but after much pleading he showed them Fiona, and at the age of 7 she brought forth a wonderful harvest for the town, a gift given to her by her mother. The people were so grateful for saving them that they named a day after her and celebrate it at the summer solstice.
- After her father's passing at the age of 15, she refused to lead her people and instead spent her days drawing and healing the sick. When she turned 18, however, she knew Arcane Acre was where she belonged. She knew there was a great power in her and she wanted to see it develop.
- Fiona was promised to a warrior in her clan, but when her father died, she took it as an opportunity to put it off until she was ready. However, she doesn't think she'll ever be ready for an arranged marriage and is scared of the day he comes searching for her and finds her in love with someone else.

Arcane Abilities
Healing Touch: Fiona can heal on a very advanced level, curing anything from the common cold to creating tissue and muscle. She has been known to cure mental illness as well. As with anything though, there must be a balance and when she gives to someone, she takes from another source, be it the life around her or from another person.
Mother Earth: Fiona can sense and control the essences of both life and death, manipulating the aspects of the beginning and end of the life cycles of living organisms, allowing them to give and take forces of vitality and necrotic influences; i.e., turning a desert into a lush forest or vice versa. This takes a great toll her body though and she has never used it on humans.

HangedMan said you were in search of more students and sent me your way. I hope this is okay? :)

Moraline

@BellaVista - Approved!  I sent you a PM. Feel free to jump into the OOC and say "Hi" and drop your character sheet off in the Character Sheet thread. Glad you decided to join us.

RECRUITING!

I would love to get some more males playing, we have a lot of females in the game. We are also very light on members from the LGBT community. EVERYONE IS WELCOME!

Here's some sample characters if anyone is interested in filling the roles. I can give you all the background info you'd need on them. It's not much.

List of Characters from the setting:

Founders (Instructors)

Druanna - Also formerly known as Gaia, she was a goddess in another age long ago but her dominion over nature has since waned and now she is a wise member of the new Realm Knights Council.

Students

Violet - Age 18, She can create illusions that are completely realistic and convincing. She is the daughter of Calie Liddle, the White Queen of Wonderland. She is also possessed by the spirit of the Mad Hatter and uses his knowledge to help guide her through Wonderland when needed. Always under a struggle with the Hatter she holds his possession inside of her under a a mental lock and key because if he got out he would possess someone else and take them over.

Ali - Age 19, He can commune with the recently deceased and summon the fragments of spirits/gheists that still haunt a realm. He is also the sole possessor of the "Lamp" that the All Powerful Genie is trapped inside. But we all know how the Genie twists your wishes to suit his purpose or amusements.

Wulf - Age 19, He is a hero, or he wants to be. His families bloodline has been Realm Knights for hundreds of years.  His large size and incredible strength are his defining abilities. (NOTE: He was kicked out of the Arcane Acre but can be brought back if a player wishes to play him)

ArtemisHighmore

Good afternoon.
Has Wulf been spoken for yet? I don't know the setting but he is essentially the kind of character I would have created anyways. xD
I take he is a werewolf? Haha

Lithium

Quote from: ArtemisHighmore on June 10, 2015, 03:03:08 PM
Good afternoon.
Has Wulf been spoken for yet? I don't know the setting but he is essentially the kind of character I would have created anyways. xD
I take he is a werewolf? Haha

He's not taken, but I don't think he's a werewolf either.

ArtemisHighmore

Lithium

Quote from: ArtemisHighmore on June 10, 2015, 03:15:50 PM
Hmmmm google isn't giving me anything on him either! xD

In terms of powers, he's just big and strong, think something like Hercules (although not as powerful, for now). Moraline can fill you in more completely when she comes online, she's better than Google.

ArtemisHighmore

That's what I found too Bella and it tells me nothing! xD Haha

BellaVita

Quote from: ArtemisHighmore on June 10, 2015, 03:22:55 PM

If you click on the links under the brief description it has some info, but not much.

Lithium

Quote from: ArtemisHighmore on June 10, 2015, 03:22:55 PM

What do you want to know, more specifically? From what I read in the comics, they don't go into his history very much. He starts out being kind of a jock and a bully, and he and Hailey were kind of a couple until he got kicked out of the school. While at his new school, he realized that he might have been wrong before and stops being a dick.

We're not expected to follow the canons to the letter, though, they're our own interpretations.

ArtemisHighmore

Nothing too deep. Was mostly curious about what placed him in the Grimm verse as it were.

Moraline

Quote from: ArtemisHighmore on June 10, 2015, 04:08:43 PM
Nothing too deep. Was mostly curious about what placed him in the Grimm verse as it were.

Hi Artemis!

Sorry to quote you, just wanted to make sure you caught my reply to you.

Wulf is from the realm of Myst. It's another world with a setting much like an Arthurian Legend crossed with some Elves, Dwarves, and Orcs etc...

The name Wulf is actually Zenescope's (the publisher) way of telling you what is going to make him a hero.  His name is derived from Beowulf, and in the comics he actually kills a monster and gets called "Beo" Wulf as some sort of variation of his name.

Wulf's core abilities are that he is a born warrior, able to rise up to any challenge. He is strong, fierce, independent, stubborn as an ox but his determination and motivation to be a knight are what drives him.  He's still young, and has a long way to go. His father also slayed some famous monster and Wulf carries the one handed machete like sword that was used.

After he gets expelled from the Arcane Acres (on Earth) he goes to a new school in his home realm of Myst. Here he falls in love with a young woman and she points out to him that a lot of problems he had at Arcane Acres were his own fault, so he shouldn't have tried to kill Belinda (the instructor) and he shouldn't have been picking on Ali (because he blamed him for some mishap with a genie.. that was actually Wulf and Hailey's fault for letting the genie out.)

As for appearance, (maybe Germanic/Celtic in origin, Caucasian),  he's probably about 6'4 or 6'6" with dirty blonde hair, blue eyes, rugged good looks, and built like a pro American football player.

If you wanted to play Ali instead, Ali is basically named after Ali Baba and the 40 thieves. Accept he would be like the great great grandson of the famous Thief. He is the Prince of the most peaceful realm in all Myst. For the last four generations, no one in his family could summon the dead but now he can. So to learn to control and harness that ability he came to Arcane Acre a year after his mother died. Ali is really hoping someday to be able to talk to his deceased mother.

Ali is also the bearer of the Genie in the lamp but the instructor's of Arcane Acre now have it under magical lock and key because it escaped one already.

Ali's appearance is middle eastern, probably about 5'10 to 6', a lean 175 lbs, black hair, brown eyes, he's very fit (from being highly skilled with fencing swords - he bested Wulf),

Zelric Miras

I'm posting to keep a tag on the thread. I was also interested in playing one of the male characters so I'll wait for Artemis to post.

London

@ Leorobin We could use a couple more male characters. That being said, don't wait to post a character. If you have a character in mind go ahead and post him.

Moraline

Quote from: Leorobin on June 18, 2015, 05:39:52 PM
I'm posting to keep a tag on the thread. I was also interested in playing one of the male characters so I'll wait for Artemis to post.
I don't think Artemis is going to be posting. So please go ahead and post whatever character you are interested in. Or if you'd like to make an original that's alright as well. 

Just a heads up, I might not be able to check it until after the weekend. But please post.

Zelric Miras

Ok, I'll start working on it. It is ok if you can't check it until then ^^

cabalxxvi

So the Grimm Fairy Tales universe? Does that mean vampires/Lycans, and possibly Rumpelstiltskin from Once upon a time :D, I would be greatly interested in joining this little shindig here.
Three Rings for the Elven-kings under the sky,
Seven for the Dwarf-lords in their halls of stone,
Nine for Mortal Men doomed to die,
One for the Dark Lord on his dark throne
In the Land of Mordor where the Shadows lie.
One Ring to rule them all, One Ring to find them,
One Ring to bring them all and in the darkness bind them
In the Land of Mordor where the Shadows lie.

Zelric Miras

Is there anything else I should know about Ali? It is the one I'm interested in.

Lithium

Quote from: cabalxxvi on June 18, 2015, 07:31:33 PM
So the Grimm Fairy Tales universe? Does that mean vampires/Lycans, and possibly Rumpelstiltskin from Once upon a time :D, I would be greatly interested in joining this little shindig here.

I'm pretty sure almost anything can fit into the universe, including everything you listed.

Quote from: Leorobin on June 18, 2015, 07:44:15 PM
Is there anything else I should know about Ali? It is the one I'm interested in.

Here's some info from the comics:

He's from Vanderhorn, the most peaceful kingdom in the realm of Myst. It has a very middle eastern aesthetic, but it also seems totally liberal, with women not being afraid to show some skin and all that good stuff. I think he's a prince or some sort of nobility, but I can't remember for sure. His family seems pretty wealthy, though.

A year before he goes to Arcane Acre, his mother dies and he takes the loss very hard. He really wants to talk to her spirit and wishes that he can somehow bring her back, but he's never able to. That's why he steals the lamp from his father before going to the school, hoping he can use the genie to make his wish come true.

On like the first or second day, Wulf steals the lamp thinking it's just a trinket or whatever, so the genie gets out and causes some chaos by tricking people into making wishes which it then twists into something bad. Ali eventually uses his wish to unsummon the genie. Each person only gets a single wish, so that means he can't use it to see his mom anymore, but he says that deep down he didn't really think it would work anyways. He's afraid that he's going to get expelled, but he doesn't really end up getting punished.

There's another subplot where he and Skye kind of like each other, but then he talks with the spirit of Hailey's mom and interprets between the spirit and Hailey. The two of them bond over that and start spending a lot of time together. I think that since we've been going without some of the original canons and with original characters added, you can mostly disregard the past relationships and remake them however you want. Although the thing with the spirit of Hailey's mother could be a cool thing to explore if you guys want to at some point.

Personality wise, he seems rather nice/kindhearted, a little reserved , maybe a bit preppy and nerdy.

Moraline can probably give you even more info when she gets back, but hopefully that still helps.

Zelric Miras

It does help, thank you ^^

Edit: I've found the comics, so I'll use tonight to read them and then post Ali's sheet Great time to pick them back up, right in a middle of a cliffhanger -.- Oh well

Please let me know if there is something severely out of character, I couldn't find much information about him.

Ali:
Bloodline: Pureblood, born and raised in Myst

Physical Description: Ali's traits are those of middle eastern descent, sharp nose, tanned like skin tone and almond shaped eyes.  He has a dark black hair and brown eyes. He has a toned body but not with an overly muscular built. Roughly 5'8" in height.

Cliches: I "keep secrets like a librarian keeps books" (I loved the phrase, had to use it)
Bad at picking fights
Honest friend

Tools:
A journal, a sword, the book he is currently reading

Hooks:
Ali is troubled by his mother's death and wishes he could speak to her once more. He has no idea of the full extent of his abilities since he hasn't really delved into them because his mother considered it more a curse than a blessing. He has an easygoing and relaxed personality, being easy for him to get along with others. He is the type of guy who will get out of his way to help others and it has brought him troubles in the past. He is perseverant and will try to get his goals through, but will always remain open to changing his course of action if it seems there are better ways to do things. He doesn't have much experience with relationships and might give too much thought to a casual encounter or situation. Despite being born in royalty he expects to receive the same treatment as others and has no pretense about his position.

What would the others(players) possibly know about you?
He is a prince where he comes from. He is an avid reader and will pour himself over a book until it is finished. He is good at studying and will help other students without a second thought.

What weakness do you possess or what is your weakest skill?
He is oblivious to most of the modern technology, not being of common use where he comes from. He can be passionate and rush headfirst on dire situations instead of thinking his situation through.

What is your biggest personality flaw?
I have a hard time approaching others if they don't come to me first. I have a hard time trusting others.

What are you most afraid of?
Being the cause of my friends' or family's suffering

Tales:
-His ability to see ghosts created some tension between his kingdom and some of the neighboring ones
-He has been brought to talk with the ghosts of captives when the information they gave when alive was not enough. It sometimes haunts his dreams
-Lost his mother a year before coming to Arcane Acres

Arcane Abilities
-Control over life and death
-Summon the deceased and use them both for information and as a power source

Blinkin

I'm not the GM, but could you define "Power over life and death?"
"I am a Southern Gentleman, which means that I'm a rogue and a scoundrel. When I'm not kissin' the hands of married women, I'm slipping off their wedding rings."
My Ons' & offs'
Absenses & Apologies (Updated 3/02/23)
Blinkins' Thinkin's (Story Ideas)
Yes, I really am blind.
Being Literate is the ability to read and understand a language. When you ask for literate, what you are looking for is Verbosity, which is the ability to use lots of words without actually saying very much... like politicians. I consider myself both literate and verbose.

Zelric Miras

I'm not certain, it is in the comics I guess it would be best to talk it over with Moraline. Kill and revive relatively fresh kills maybe?

Moraline

Quote from: Zelric Miras on June 19, 2015, 01:43:52 AM
I'm not certain, it is in the comics I guess it would be best to talk it over with Moraline. Kill and revive relatively fresh kills maybe?
Hi Zelric,

Sorry for the delay, had a family situation come up and I just got back like a few moments ago. I'll be able to get a better look at your character then.

For now can you shoot me an email on how you see those powers working?  Otherwise the character is starting to look great!

PS: Lithium is right about everything she said.

Quote from: cabalxxvi on June 18, 2015, 07:31:33 PM
Sorry for my delayed reply. As I said above, some issues came up.  Feel free to post a character concept if you have one.  Maybe check out the threads to get a better idea of how stuff is playing out.

You can ask me questions here or in PM, whichever you prefer.

Zelric Miras