Power Rangers- Legends Force- Recruitment Thread

Started by Batman4560, January 29, 2014, 01:17:11 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Batman4560

Hello and Welcome. As you can see we are taking on new players for the Power Rangers-Legends Force. Here you can fill out a character sheet (Listed below) Ask any questions about the game you may have and express more interest in joining. You may place your sheet on this thread or in the OOC thread linked as follows: https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=189919.0

We welcome all players of any skill level.

We currently are looking for a
Red Ranger
Purple Ranger
Pink Ranger
Cyan Ranger
Any other ranger color not currently taken. (White, Green, Blue,Yellow,Black are all taken.)

Player Name:
Character Name:
Bio: What does you're character do for fun, how is their family life and how do they know the others?
Best Skill: All Rangers have a skill they are better than the others in.
Worst Skill: Rangers are also human, they are flawed. What is their biggest flaw.
Ranger Color: What is you're Ranger suit color?
Other: Did I miss something you feel is important? Put it here.
Looks: Put up a photo here of what you're character looks like out of uniform

Here are what most the suits look like barring the Black Rangers uniform. Also the Zords apply as do the weapons.

Batman4560

1SAZ

Player Name: 1SAZ
Character Name: Len Watari
Bio: Born in England to a Chinese mother and a British father, Len lived his life in relative seclusion. From an early age, he was expected to learn all the skills of a proper young gentleman, learning proper etiquette and the skills. Len quickly took to fencing and the violin, becoming what his father figured would be a prodigy in the two arts. However, despite his father's best interests, Len rebelled and began to sneak out to find ways of going against his family. He began a spree of non-violent vandalism against his father's businesses. It only ended when he was given an odd key by a mysterious old man. He never knew what the key was for, as he was taken by some strange force soon after. It was here that he was corrupted into a monstrous being to fight the forces of good.
During the 2 years that Len was under the dark influences of Archarnus, Len was fully aware of what was happening, but had no control over his actions. The control went so far as to allow Archarnus to use Len as a spy for him by placing the young man in the same city as the Rangers he fought in his human form. The Rangers eventually helped Len break free of the grasp of Archarnus by helping him find the balance he lacked in life, unlocking the powers of Libra.
While Len is now fully in control of himself again, he still regrets how his life had gone prior to joining the rangers. He truly wishes to repent for the past, and works hard to defeat Archarnus in all his evil activities.
Best Skill: Swordsmanship and violin equally
Worst Skill: Socially awkward. He has moments where he is completely out of his element socially.
Ranger Color: Silver (Libra)
Other: While Len was sealed, he became a monsterous version of the Silver Libra Ranger. He can still access this form through an inverse turn of his ranger key. In this form, his strength and speed are increased at the cost of thought beyond combat.
Looks:
Human Form
Ranger Form
Ranger Key
Monster Form

Batman4560

I personally have no issue with him being evil. That being said I would like to ask you to change some things.

QuoteIt only ended when he was given an odd key by a mysterious old man. He never knew what the key was for, as he was taken by some strange force soon after. It was here that he was corrupted into a monstrous being to fight the forces of good.
During the 2 years that Len was under the dark influences of Archarnus, Len was fully aware of what was happening, but had no control over his actions. The control went so far as to allow Archarnus to use Len as a spy for him by placing the young man in the same city as the Rangers he fought in his human form. The Rangers eventually helped Len break free of the grasp of Archarnus by helping him find the balance he lacked in life, unlocking the powers of Libra.

All of this needs to change. If he were captured that long ago he would have been used in battles against the rangers in the past along side the Black Scorpion Ranger. Also to say that he was turned good by the rangers conflicts with cannon to the story thus far. (not that there is much) Because the Black Scorpion Ranger was the first evil Ranger they have encountered. If you can change that in some way I have no issue with your character.

For instance if you would like to say that your character attempted to defend himself against the Cogs and was kidnapped we can work on making him evil in game right now.

1SAZ

I have no problem changing that. I really didn't know what was cannon, so I really just had to make things up as I went while I had the idea in my head. I'll edit as soon as I can.

Batman4560

Antipaladin of Calista

This seems really interesting and I'd love to play the Red Leo ranger, but I have two questions:

1) How far has the game in progress already gone?

2) What exactly is going on with the story? If you have it already explained on a page then I would love a link so I could catch up. I'm a little confused by the mix of Cogs, new rangers, and the tarot cards.

Batman4560

O.K. as far as your questions go...

1- The game just finished up its first major battle where we effectively did a test run to see what players liked and did not like about the game so we could make changes and allow those who found the game wasn't for them the chance to leave.

This led to three rangers leaving. One being nearly killed and his powers taken (Player hasn't logged on in about two months).
The Black Ranger returned to her moon base to start the next stage of her plan.

2-The reason for the mix of Tarot Cards, Cogs and new rangers...

The players wanted something original as far as a ranger concept goes and the series has yet to mess to much with the stars. So we went with that for a design on suits and zords. The person how put this entire thing together dropped out before the game even started and I took up the role of GM. My favorite series was Zeo so I decided to go with Machines and the Machine empire but still wanted to use magic as well so I placed the Cog minions with magic machines resulting in the Tarot card theme.

Does that answer your questions?

Antipaladin of Calista

Quote from: Batman4560 on February 03, 2014, 09:04:48 PM
O.K. as far as your questions go...

1- The game just finished up its first major battle where we effectively did a test run to see what players liked and did not like about the game so we could make changes and allow those who found the game wasn't for them the chance to leave.

This led to three rangers leaving. One being nearly killed and his powers taken (Player hasn't logged on in about two months).
The Black Ranger returned to her moon base to start the next stage of her plan.

2-The reason for the mix of Tarot Cards, Cogs and new rangers...

The players wanted something original as far as a ranger concept goes and the series has yet to mess to much with the stars. So we went with that for a design on suits and zords. The person how put this entire thing together dropped out before the game even started and I took up the role of GM. My favorite series was Zeo so I decided to go with Machines and the Machine empire but still wanted to use magic as well so I placed the Cog minions with magic machines resulting in the Tarot card theme.

Does that answer your questions?

Works for me. So step one will be to fill the character sheet and post for approval right? Any guide lines I should stick to besides the ones already mentioned in the character sheet?

Batman4560

I would recommend going over to the character sheets or looking at them here and messaging anyone you would like to have a history with. Also we will have to work you in for a small story to become the Red Ranger so feel free to message me about plot ideas.

apygoos

i would argue the "new" Red Ranger should have a strong bond with at least one of the members

Batman4560

For sure, otherwise we are gonna get a Mystic Force set up.