News:

"Wings and a Prayer [L-E]"
Congratulations OfferedToEros & Random for completing your RP!

Main Menu

What are you playing? [SPOILER TAGS PLEASE]

Started by Sabby, May 31, 2009, 12:45:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hemingway

Quote from: Inkidu on March 15, 2011, 04:41:36 PM
I think people have plenty of other places to find horned amazonian women on the internet. :P

As if I needed more twisted fantasies.

On the broader topic of bisexual characters, I'm sort of with Inkidu on this one. Sort of. But it's hard. I mean, if I found out Isabela was only interested in women, I'd be pretty disappointed. However, it does put a certain small strain on my suspension of disbelief if all of them are bisexual. In DA2's case, it works because none of the characters give any indication one way or another, except Aveline, and, well.

Quote from: Wolfy on March 15, 2011, 04:05:32 PM
Though..Is there a reason why you never see a female Qunari? I can't remember if there is...

In Origins, Sten does comment on it if your character is female. He says something along the lines of being a warrior not being a role women are suited for, and they don't pick their own roles. Ahh, Sten, you dull man, you.

WyldRanger

I started in on The Force Unleashed II (for the DS of course)

Lirliel

Spoiler: Click to Show/Hide
Well I finished Dragon Age 2 yesterday. The ending came sort of expected, I did connect the dots in a few places. However Anders blowing up the Chantry made me go WHAT THE FUCK?! I did however kill him for it, he had no right to kill those people, they were innocents, just because they couldn't stand with him, nor against the templars he decided to kill them. That said, I still stood with the mages against the right of annulment. Meredith had no right, especially after I had killed the one who caused the bloodshed in the end. Also what's with Orsinio turning into that thing, shit dude I'm trying to prevent further bloodshed. You are NOT helping, my 'perfect' ending (probably not gonna be in the game),  Kill Meredith, expose Idol (Cullen was there, he can vouch for the Templars), Orsinio preaches the peace, telling that why they fought was because of an offense they did not give + the cruelty of Meredith(Influenced by the Idol), the chantry + templars coming to a conclusion that these mages fought to be free and yet would go back to the Circle if it was instituted correctly. A.k.a. no more the Annulment Solution. However that didn't happen and Hawke became the rallying cry (which is the last thing I wanted) which caused the other circles to rise up against their Templar masters. Starting a Rogue/Male Hawke for my next game

PS. Can you romance Aveline instead of you-know-what-with-you-know-who ;)
"Jealousy would be far less torturous if we understood that love is a passion entirely unrelated to our merits."

"A minute of perfection was worth the effort. A moment was the most you could ever expect from perfection."

Inkidu

I think you can. There are certain options during her really painful to watch quest where Hawke can interject his own petition for her affection.
If you're searching the lines for a point, well you've probably missed it; there was never anything there in the first place.

Geeklet

Well, I finally started playing DA2 myself. Fem Rogue Hawke. Though I already know my next playthrough is going to be as a warrior, because all of the options for NPC warrior companions irritate the crap out of me.

Inkidu

Quote from: Geeklet on March 16, 2011, 11:58:33 AM
Well, I finally started playing DA2 myself. Fem Rogue Hawke. Though I already know my next playthrough is going to be as a warrior, because all of the options for NPC warrior companions irritate the crap out of me.
I feel the same way about mages. My next play through I'm going to play a mage who sides with the templars. That's going to be fun.
If you're searching the lines for a point, well you've probably missed it; there was never anything there in the first place.

Geeklet

You know, I'm kind of in the same boat there as well. Bethany is okay, cuz she is my sister and all, but the others? Haven't had much of a reason to take them around, despite the fact I normally took 2 mages in my party in DA:O. I got Bethany already, and I like Isabella's personality more than the other mages... so second rogue it is. Though I kinda wanna take Varric too, but there is no more room, cuz I still need a tank.

Lirliel

Do what I did, put the difficulty on casual and use a bit of.. 'tooling' to get the party strong enough that they'll be hard to go down.

Not really the best way, but it's effective at least. Plus you have the upside that you can take whoever you want.
"Jealousy would be far less torturous if we understood that love is a passion entirely unrelated to our merits."

"A minute of perfection was worth the effort. A moment was the most you could ever expect from perfection."

Hemingway

Quote from: Lirliel on March 16, 2011, 11:37:20 AM
PS. Can you romance Aveline instead of you-know-what-with-you-know-who ;)

No. Her trouble expressing feelings ... it works both ways. Or, rather, it works both ways during the aforementioned quest. I did read elsewhere that it's not possible, though.

Inkidu

Quote from: Geeklet on March 16, 2011, 01:36:04 PM
You know, I'm kind of in the same boat there as well. Bethany is okay, cuz she is my sister and all, but the others? Haven't had much of a reason to take them around, despite the fact I normally took 2 mages in my party in DA:O. I got Bethany already, and I like Isabella's personality more than the other mages... so second rogue it is. Though I kinda wanna take Varric too, but there is no more room, cuz I still need a tank.
Be careful. When building a tank in DA 2 you have to up the cunning stat instead of dexterity.

Cunning, "Raises the defense of all character classes"

Though tanks aren't that important as they used to be.

Hemingway

Quote from: Inkidu on March 16, 2011, 05:44:43 PM
Be careful. When building a tank in DA 2 you have to up the cunning stat instead of dexterity.

Cunning, "Raises the defense of all character classes"

Though tanks aren't that important as they used to be.

I looked into this, and if you're really going for the most effective approach, you're going to have to invest heavily into cunning. I think 2 points for every level or so. Statistically, going for Str/Con means you're slightly weaker against normal enemies, and somewhat stronger against bosses. Bottom line is this: you either invest heavily in cunning, or in constitution. If you end up in between, you're just going to ... suck.

Wolfy

For my Female Warrior Hawke, I plan to take Bethany, Merril, and Aveline, I think..

..Lawl..Amazon Brigade, Ho!

Oniya

Quote from: Wolfy on March 16, 2011, 07:59:33 PM
For my Female Warrior Hawke, I plan to take Bethany, Merril, and Aveline, I think..

..Lawl..Amazon Brigade, Ho!

Battle cry:  'PMS!  Surrender the chocolate or die!'
"Language was invented for one reason, boys - to woo women.~*~*~Don't think it's all been done before
And in that endeavor, laziness will not do." ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~Don't think we're never gonna win this war
Robin Williams-Dead Poets Society ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~Don't think your world's gonna fall apart
I do have a cause, though.  It's obscenity.  I'm for it.  - Tom Lehrer~*~All you need is your beautiful heart
O/O's Updated 5/11/21 - A/A's - Current Status! - Writing a novel - all draws for Fool of Fire up!
Requests updated March 17

Wolfy

Heh. :p I plan to have her romance Merril, too, since she's so cute. xD

Sabby

Playing Homefront. Its like Modern Warfare, in that its a great big wankfest for Americans, but on a completely different emotional level... MW tries to be exciting and goes into action film territory, while Homefront is more like one of those bleak and depressing novels written about life in Jewish concentration camps.

Its a fun game, but I'm a bit torn at its tone... its the same "America, fuck yeah!" plotline, but treated with absolute seriousness.

I've been playing 2 hours and already I've seen parents shot in front of their children, civilians rounded up and executed, sometimes with suffocation bag things, forced labor camps, and bulldozers used to push mounds of bodies into mass graves, all accompanied by North Korean's screaming in the kind of guttural dialect you'd hear from axe murderers in rape hentai

Hemingway

I read that Homefront's single-player part was absurdly short, and that the mechanics weren't all that great.

In other words, exactly as I predicted the game would turn out.

Sabby

The mechanics were bad? I'm not seeing it, its the same as every other shooter these days, which is functional. Aim down the sights, crouch, sprint, shoot, throw grenade. Even has the bullet time room breaching.

Inkidu

Well, at least by the time i have my new Xbox it'll be at least Human Revolution time.

Wolfy

Quote from: Sabby on March 17, 2011, 06:05:29 AM
Playing Homefront. Its like Modern Warfare, in that its a great big wankfest for Americans, but on a completely different emotional level... MW tries to be exciting and goes into action film territory, while Homefront is more like one of those bleak and depressing novels written about life in Jewish concentration camps.

Its a fun game, but I'm a bit torn at its tone... its the same "America, fuck yeah!" plotline, but treated with absolute seriousness.

I've been playing 2 hours and already I've seen parents shot in front of their children, civilians rounded up and executed, sometimes with suffocation bag things, forced labor camps, and bulldozers used to push mounds of bodies into mass graves, all accompanied by North Korean's screaming in the kind of guttural dialect you'd hear from axe murderers in rape hentai

Sabby. The Entire story was written by the same guy who did Red Dawn.

Inkidu

Quote from: Wolfy on March 17, 2011, 11:50:59 AM
Sabby. The Entire story was written by the same guy who did Red Dawn.
And Apocalypse Now. So that kind of explains it.

Wolfy

Anyway..playing Pokemon White on a borrowed DS until the 3DS comes out. PokeNerds, Unite!

Inkidu

Quote from: Wolfy on March 17, 2011, 11:58:35 AM
Anyway..playing Pokemon White on a borrowed DS until the 3DS comes out. PokeNerds, Unite!
Man, I looked at the 3DS. I could get my Xbox if I had that kind of money.

Hemingway

Just finished what I can only assume is the last Bone Pit quest. Tedious. But also, rewarding.

Inkidu

Quote from: Hemingway on March 17, 2011, 02:36:47 PM
Just finished what I can only assume is the last Bone Pit quest. Tedious. But also, rewarding.
Well that's where you do get the best torso armor for your class.