TimeTravel? (Kati and Romeo)

Started by forgetmenot, July 13, 2010, 12:12:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

RomeoFalls

"Thats not right. For a man to break a womens heart like that. He should be hung where he stands" he said. He moved alittle closer to her. "Has that ever happened to you?" he asked looking at her with wondering eyes.

forgetmenot

Her body tensed at the question, not wanting to lie, but certainly not wanting to get into it with an almost stranger.
"I...yes..it has. And I should've known, but it's not important." She plastered a smile on her face and met his eyes defiantly.

She stood up then, her body taking over where her brain had failed. "I should start dinner before Ashley gets here." She said quickly then disappeared into the kitchen. "Do you like chicken?" She shouted at him

A/A-

RomeoFalls

"Yes I do" he said standing up and following her. He looked at her and said "Who was it?". He looked around the kitchen and then back at her.

forgetmenot

She sighed heavily and put down the knife she'd just retrieved from the drawer. "He..was just some jerk. I dated him in college" she looked up sarcastically. "Women go to college now by the way, it's an extended education...Anyway we dated for a long time, years..I thought he was it...the elusive ONE, but," she shrugged, "he wasn't."
She resumed pulling the chicked out of the container.

A/A-

RomeoFalls

He nodded walking behind her. His chest gently brushed against her back. "If you ask me, he was a fool" he said. He slowly walked over to the other side of the kitchen and sighed.

forgetmenot

Quote from: RomeoFalls on July 13, 2010, 03:57:09 PM
He nodded walking behind her. His chest gently brushed against her back. "If you ask me, he was a fool" he said. He slowly walked over to the other side of the kitchen and sighed.
Em started covering a tray with foil and opened the oved and put the chicken in. "It'll take a little bit, but we'll be eating in no time" She smiled at him. "That, "she said pointing at the oven,"is used to cook the food."
She walked back to the couch and uncerimoniously plopped down, patting the seat next to her. "Get comfy here, this is where you'll sleep" She grinned and almost laughed

A/A-

RomeoFalls

He nodded walking over to the couch. "Yes my lady" he said. He sat down next to her, closer then last time. He smiled at her then looked at the tv. "So why do you like this show so much" he asked.

forgetmenot

She pondered his question, bringing her legs up under her, as she alway sat when watching TV.
"I suppose it's the drama, not that I don't have enough in my own life, but I've really only got Ashley...my mom isn't interested in me, and my father passed on"
She lowered her eyes, but refused to get too upset. "Tell me about Rome." she mused, letting her head rest on the back of the couch

A/A-

RomeoFalls

"Its beautiful, the buildings are white stone. The people are friendly and the women are beautiful. In war its a sanctuary. No one ever breaches her wall" he said. He looked at her and said "Im sorry about your father. Im sure your mother loves you. Im here not that it means much"

forgetmenot

"I'm not sure what that means to me" She murmmered to him. Her eyes locked onto his and she felt like kissing him, but she turned her eyes back to the TV. "I bet Rome is amazing..what was the last thing you remember?

A/A-

RomeoFalls

"A sword" he said. He stood up and sighed. "I failed in battle" he said. He looked at the floor in disgrace. "I should be dead" he mumbled.

forgetmenot

That, Emily did not expect. "What do you mean you failed hon?" She reached over and held his arm, trying to talk the story out of him.

A/A-

RomeoFalls

"I failed. I was defeated, I should have been killed" he said. He looked at her and turned facing her. He took his other arm and pulled her closer to him. He leaned forward and kissed her.

forgetmenot

At first her body tensed when his lips met hers, but then...then she leaned in and reslished it. Her hand tangled in his hair and she sat up on her knees. Then like a lightening bolt, she realized what she was doing, broke the contact and flew to the other side of the couch. "I..I..Oh God what did I do?"
"I don't even know you!" she said more to herself than to him. Her trembling fingers were touching her lips, and she stalked back into the kitchen

A/A-

RomeoFalls

He shook his head and looked at the floor. He walked to the door and opened it walking into the hallway. He turned and walked towards the stairs and out of the building.

forgetmenot

Em heard the front door shut and supported herself on the counter. Taking deep breaths she then realized that she was letting a man, from hundreds..maybe thousands of years ago out into New York City alone. She flew out of the kitchen and through the front door. She looked from the stairs to the elevator then back to the stairs, knowing he wouldn't know how to use an elevator.
"Silivaus!" She yelled down the stairs as she was jumping down them two at a time.

A/A-

RomeoFalls

Silivaus ignored his name and contenued down the stairs at a slow pace. He was on the 25 floor or atleast thats what the thought. He sighed shaking his head.

forgetmenot

Emily kept running, her heart pounding in her chest. She finally caught him in the middle of floors 24 and 25.
"Why.."she panted for breath, "What's the matter?"Her hand was holding his arm and her other was brushing away stray hairs that had fallen into her face.
She shook her head awaiting an answer

A/A-

RomeoFalls

"You ran" he said. "Away" he added looking at her then the ground. He started walking down the stairs again.

forgetmenot

She grabbed his arm and planted herself in front of him.
"I didn't run away!
I just...needed to think! This..what we're doing..what we did..it's madness!"
She rand her hands up and down his arms. "Please come back up, you can't go out there alone Sil."
Her eyes were begging him

A/A-

RomeoFalls

"It is madness... I shouldnt even be here" he said looking down at the ground. "So why do you want me to come back" he asked.

forgetmenot

She stood back, crossed her arms across her chest and chuckled. "
I don't see what other options you've got... Go ahead, Go out there!! I'll be right here waiting when you get back, and please come back. I want to help you Sil, and you'd better be certain that those busy bodies out there," she pointed to a random wall in the stairwell "they won't care."
"I care."
She grabbed his shirt and pulled her to him, standing on her toes she touched her lips to his

A/A-

RomeoFalls

"You said it was madness but you do it anyway" he said. He looked at her in confusion. "Whats out there anyway" he asked.

forgetmenot

"Madness," she said softly, still clutching him "is everywhere. Just because it's silly or we don't understand it, doesn't mean it can't work..."
She reached down and held his hand and started leading him down the stairs. "We'll face the world together."

A/A-

RomeoFalls

Sil remained quiet but went with her anyway.  He looked at their hands and blushed.