World of Warcraft vs. Warhammer

Started by Fragile Dreams, October 29, 2008, 08:44:11 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Fragile Dreams

I play world of warcraft for about 2 years and now i just started Warhammer online.
What i want to know, what you guys think i should keep playing? WoW, Warhammer or both?
I have the time for both. Also, if anyone else is in any of those two games, let me know.
World of Warcraft---> 70 level Night Elf Druid, server: Anachronos
Warhammer Online---> 13 lvl Witch Elf, server Finuval Plains

[tr]
[td]
[/td]
[/tr]
[/table]

HairyHeretic

I play WAR, on the European servers (Destruction - Burlok to be precise). I tried WoW, but never really got into it. WAR I'm really enjoying, but then I've been a GW fan for over 20 years now, so there might be a slight touch of bias there for me :)

What it comes down to is play the game you enjoy. Or games. Everyone is going to be different, and just because I prefer A over B for reasons of X, Y and Z doesn't mean you will.
Hairys Likes, Dislikes, Games n Stuff

Cattle die, kinsmen die
You too one day shall die
I know a thing that will never die
Fair fame of one who has earned it.

Aiden

I bring the orc flow chart for everyone's enjoyment

Mabmoro

Hmm... Well, I played WoW for a while, but overall thought it was utterly boring. WAR has been on my radar for a while... I want to see if its going to have a strategy component to it. If it does, I'll be storming into it ASAP. If not... I'll stick to CoX.

Fragile Dreams

It's too soon for me to know if there's a strategy component but as i recall from yesterday, i saw a merchant selling burning oil and flaming oil for ballistas, so you can use them in RvR scenarios. My Witch Elf doesn't all those, since she likes to tear her enemies from behind >)

I love WoW, there are many things to do in there, even after reaching 70, when an entire different game unlocks, especially now with the release of the new expansion, 'Wrath of the Lich King'.

[tr]
[td]
[/td]
[/tr]
[/table]

Jay

While I am strong in my hatred for WoW and its love for rogues if you are looking for constant entertainment it beats Warhammer. 
I regret leaving behind my 70 and not finishing my 63 and 66, mainly because Warhammer is still new and unpolished.  On many servers there are massive amounts of downtime where nothing is happening.  The RvR is excellent when its actually happening and it is much more a team focused game. 
You should continue playing both till Warhammer shows its true potential.  Then drop WoW like a bad habit. 

Fragile Dreams

So far i haven't encountered any downtime on my server, which has a lot of people inside. The problem is that Warhammer was launched very soon. I've noticed a lot of bugs and graphic flaws which i'm sure, in time they will be gone. Blizzard is still Blizzard and Mythic will have a hard time surpass Blizzard with Warhammer.

[tr]
[td]
[/td]
[/tr]
[/table]

Jay

The bugs don't bother me much.  Heck blizzard still has bugs that haven't been fixed since release.  While I'm not confident War will overshadow WoW anytime soon, I think it has the potential to if they stick to their guns.

Fragile Dreams

Quote from: Jay on October 30, 2008, 04:18:09 AMWhile I'm not confident War will overshadow WoW anytime soon, I think it has the potential to if they stick to their guns.
No doubt in that, Warhammer and WoW are the hottest online games these days and Lineage, Conan have stepped to the side to those MMOs. One way or another, playing either of those is going to lots of fun.

[tr]
[td]
[/td]
[/tr]
[/table]

Hunter

I vote neither.   Where else can you have two pets at once?  :P

HairyHeretic

Quote from: Hunter on November 11, 2008, 12:50:00 AM
I vote neither.   Where else can you have two pets at once?  :P

City of Villians. A dark/thugs mastermind can have 7 . Plus the horde from the Gang War power  :D

Cattle die, kinsmen die

ZK

Heh, a group of eight MM around levels 30-40... trust me, that group was insane. It was an army of minions.
On's/Off's --- Game Reviews

"Only the insane have strength enough to prosper. Only those who prosper may judge what is sane."

HairyHeretic

I've done 6 L30+ MMs in a cave. That was insane enough.

About 3 frames a second and everything was dead before you could target it  :D

Cattle die, kinsmen die

Hunter

*gets some popcorn and then waits to see who can outnerd the other*

HairyHeretic

*chuckles* My post was supposed to be an "I know exactly what you mean" kinda thing :)

Cattle die, kinsmen die

Kurzyk

One thing about WoW is Blizzard is a solid company that seems to actually fix and improve the game consistently. I'm not sure how Mythic Entertainment under EA will fare over the long haul.

My past experience with EA customer service in relation to mporgs was terrible and was with Ultima Online.

EA (UO) GM: "Sorry.. I can't help thee with that." <smack>

ZK

I've had problems with my account, Mythic Online fixed it. While I had problems with Spore, I got put on hold for an hour.

Mythic Entertainment would be the only shining gem in that big ball of coal.

"Only the insane have strength enough to prosper. Only those who prosper may judge what is sane."

HairyHeretic

Well, they do seem to be listening to the fans for the moment.

Cattle die, kinsmen die

ZK

Mythic Entertainment doesn't crap on their customers, although their EU branch seems to not give a damn, then again, it's ran by a different company. :/

But, ME is quite stable, just see them as an individual company with EA's cash-flow.

HairyHeretic

Yeah, I think they learned big time from the clusterfrag that was the open beta launch.

Cattle die, kinsmen die

Kurzyk

That sounds cool and kind of like Origin Systems was before EA took over Ultima Online.

Chris Brady

My O&Os Peruse at your doom.

So I make a A&A thread but do I put it here?  No.  Of course not.

Also, I now come with Kung-Fu Blog action.  Here:  Where I talk about comics and all sorts of gaming

HairyHeretic

Cattle die, kinsmen die

Chris Brady

After three years of WoW, I'm out.

But the other two?  I used to play in CoH, and I honestly miss it.  WAR looks fun, too.

I'd have to pick the one I really want to play, though.
My O&Os Peruse at your doom.

So I make a A&A thread but do I put it here?  No.  Of course not.

Also, I now come with Kung-Fu Blog action.  Here:  Where I talk about comics and all sorts of gaming

HairyHeretic

Well, if you're on any of the European servers, I can show you around. I more play CoV than CoH, but I haven't touched it since WAR came out :)

Cattle die, kinsmen die