VICE ~ Recruiting Artificials And Clients

Started by Cynadea, December 24, 2015, 11:06:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Cynadea

Here's the trailer of the movie that inspired this game

Imagine a place where there are no laws, no rules, no consequences.

Welcome to
VICE

This is 2019 in a suburban area of New York City, and VICE has officially opened its doors. VICE is not a virtual environment, it is a resort where people can indulge in their deepest, darkest fantasy without fearing the consequences in the real world. There is only one rule: if you break the law and damage someone (assault, rape, murder, etc.), make sure it's an artificial, not another guest. Those with intent to kill are furnished with weapons that will harm artificials, but not guests. Failure to comply with this one rule has the guilty party banished from the facility for life.

Rules
Know them, follow them

• Follow the Oath Of The Drake
  • The word of the GM is final, if you wish to argue it, take it to PM
  • Read the O&O of your partner, and the character sheet before doing anything non-con or worse.
  • IC post length must be at least 2 paragraphs (A paragraph should be 5-6 sentences long, minimum.)
  • 2 characters max per player, until the player can prove they are active.
  • Keep your character sheet up to date
  • Breaking the one rule of the resort has IC consequences

Character Types
    AI or Human

Artificial (AI)
  • Bio-mechanical beings. They feel, bruise, bleed like humans
  • They have emotions and intelligence like humans
  • They are programmable, their memories can be wiped and overnight they can be someone else
  • They man the facility, populate it.
  • They can be differentiated from guests by the silver bracelet that they wear, which the artificial are programmed not to see or feel. They don't know it is there. It is also a tracking device.
  • By playing an artificial, you agree that your character can be temporarily killed or maimed, at which point they are brought to maintenance, repaired and their memory reset.
  • They are programmed not to see that their world is limited to these 4 blocks.
  • They are not aware that they are not human, and that this isn't the real world. Becoming aware deactivate the artificial (failsafe) and will be reset.

Client (Human)
  • Normal human
  • They are from any financial bracket, although more modest client might stay for hours, rather than days.

Other Information
    Come and have a look for yourself!

• Sandbox, with GM events
  • In the "Extreme" section, but header contains a warning for anything that is above bondage
  • Open to every gender and orientation.

Currently MIA, not available for  RP

Ons and Offs ~ Idea thread

Rel Mayer

deadmanshand

I rarely say this about group games on Elliquiy but yours has caught my attention. When I have a little bit more time I'll toss some thoughts out about it. Questions and the like.

Rel Mayer

Sorry for posting again, but is the style of posting similar to Bekamor Resort... but with a different setting?

Cynadea

I am hoping for a broader spectrum of stories than what Bekamor would have provided, but also to give it a different feel. Bekamor was just about sexual exploration between willing, human partners. VICE provides a completely lawless environment, so I hope that some people will explore something else than a "pair off and smut" which usually makes a game lose steam really fast.

Elf

Hello Aysande, this looks very interesting. You can definitely me in as someone to create a character or two this one.

Are you going to allow players to play artificials as well as clients?

Cynadea

yes, definitely allow both artificials and clients. I will probably focus more on artificials myself.

AndyZ

It's all good, and it's all in fun.  Now get in the pit and try to love someone.

Ons/Offs   -  My schedule and A/As   -    My Avatars

If I've owed you a post for at least a week, poke me.

Elf

Quote from: Aysande on December 25, 2015, 05:55:54 PM
yes, definitely allow both artificials and clients. I will probably focus more on artificials myself.

Well I figured as the GM you would be handling most of the artificials for the clients. I just thought it might be fun to play a couple myself and maybe ease your load a bit.

Cynadea

Quote from: Elf on December 25, 2015, 07:08:14 PM
Well I figured as the GM you would be handling most of the artificials for the clients. I just thought it might be fun to play a couple myself and maybe ease your load a bit.

No, I don't have any intentions of handling most of the artificials, really. They are opened to everyone who would want to play them. I just have a few roles - and not even important ones at that - that I'd like to play.

I would create an adaptable one, an artificial with a short-lived memory that can be shaped if something that I can/want to play is needed, or to keep a player interested in the game until someone more suitable comes along, but I wouldn't create a battalion of characters to run the place. It's a sandbox, so I would be there if someone wants me to play a NPC, if there's an event to run or something, but otherwise I wouldn't meddle in people's plot.

Elf

That makes sense.

I have some ideas for character ideas, but will wait to flesh them out to see what other players bring to the board.

Cynadea

I need to get this thing organized and out of my mind, so I am working on it in the GM corner. If I can get enough people interested, it'll be a matter of copy/pasting what I worked on into the right thread after.

https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=241673.0

Feel free to leave a comment, please remember that it's a work in progress. :)

Elf

It looks great so far. Great job, Aysande.

Keaton

Ons & Offs  Search Thread  Apologies & Absences   Current Stories: 1

Nowherewoman

Definitely thinking about this, and keeping an eye on it.
Instead of obsessing on the person you want to be, focus on who you DON'T want to be. It's much easier to not do certain things than to break your head on some ideal of yourself.

When the dust settles, you may find out you've become who you were supposed to be all along.

more me here now!  (O/Os, ideas and junk): https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=215830.0

and mea culpas  (A/As): https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=221151.0

Cynadea

Ok, I'll finish putting it together and post the OOC so that we can get this show on the road. :)

Cynadea

Double post!

https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=241864.0

Who's going to pop the cherry?

Edit: I've also revamped the first post to reflect the changes :D

Cynadea

The game currently has an all-female cast.

Anyone wants to make a male AI or client?

deadmanshand

Writing up a male AI. Templates are just kind of a bitch on a tablet.

Elf

I'm working on one of each and will hopefully have them in today.