RWBY Unofficial Tabletop RPG

Started by Florence, February 09, 2016, 08:58:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Florence

http://www.mediafire.com/view/n004hzhh3nc0vdn/RWBY_Book-October.pdf
https://www.reddit.com/r/Rwbytabletop/comments/3vij7z/the_unofficial_rwby_tabletop_december_patch_and/
https://www.reddit.com/r/RWBYTabletop

So I just found out that this is a thing that exists and now I sincerely need it in my life.

I dunno if anyone here is at all familiar with it and might be able to GM, or perhaps someone with more general GMing experience may be willing to take a look at it.

Again, I haven't tried the system out at all, so maybe its garbage, but having skimmed over the rulebook, it at least seems fairly solid.

Though, I suppose it might make sense to wait until after the upcoming season finale before starting a game, just in case it drops and massive lore-reshaping plot twists on us.

Still, figured I'd drop something down here and see if maybe anyone would be interested in running/joining a game like this!
O/O: I was going to make a barebones F-list as a rough summary, but then it logged me out and I lost my progress, so I made a VERY barebones F-list instead: Here.

eternaldarkness

I'll definitely give it a read and see what i think. I love RWBY, and running a game in that setting would be lots of fun.

Florence

Quote from: eternaldarkness on February 10, 2016, 11:37:16 PM
I'll definitely give it a read and see what i think. I love RWBY, and running a game in that setting would be lots of fun.

I think there's also other systems on the subreddit I linked to, but this one looked the most promising to me since its built from the ground up with RWBY in mind, whereas the others all seemed to be adaptations of existing systems.

At any rate, glad to have caught some interest! :D Lemme know if you're interested!
O/O: I was going to make a barebones F-list as a rough summary, but then it logged me out and I lost my progress, so I made a VERY barebones F-list instead: Here.

Florence

Okay. I just watched the finale.

I /NEED/ SOME RWBY RP! xD

ThisOneGal

I would be interested in joining a RWBY game. ^^

Unfortunately, I'm not up for running one.

Florence

Quote from: ThisOneGal on February 16, 2016, 04:55:42 PM
I would be interested in joining a RWBY game. ^^

Unfortunately, I'm not up for running one.

Well its something at least! :D

Glad to see this get some interest, at any rate.

Revelation

I'd be more than willing to give this a shot as a player as well - seems like it could be fun.

Sain

Yup. The story is getting good and it's so easy to come up with charas for this one :d

There is also a pretty nifty FATE module Jace911 made for RWBY link!
PM box is open. So is my discord: Sain#5301

Florence

Quote from: Sain on February 18, 2016, 02:38:41 PM
Yup. The story is getting good and it's so easy to come up with charas for this one :d

There is also a pretty nifty FATE module Jace911 made for RWBY link!

Oooh, that looks interesting too.

I need some RWBY rp to tide me over until Volume 4!

So many important questions need to be answered!

... mostly concerning Yang and Blake and whether or not they're going to bang.

Revelation

Quote from: Florence on February 18, 2016, 06:11:23 PM
Oooh, that looks interesting too.

I need some RWBY rp to tide me over until Volume 4!

So many important questions need to be answered!

... mostly concerning Yang and Blake and whether or not they're going to bang.

As for others, some ships... Didn't make it.

Florence

Quote from: Changingsaint on February 18, 2016, 10:51:27 PM
As for others, some ships... Didn't make it.

Aye, the fleet lost some good ships in that storm...

Atkinson

It comes a little late, but this show is adorable (if kinda badly animated), and set in an exciting, interesting world!  I'd love to play in an OC RWBY game, but unfortunately that doesn't solve your original problem of finding someone to run one.

Florence

Quote from: Atkinson on February 27, 2016, 12:34:11 AM
It comes a little late, but this show is adorable (if kinda badly animated), and set in an exciting, interesting world!  I'd love to play in an OC RWBY game, but unfortunately that doesn't solve your original problem of finding someone to run one.

"if kinda badly animated"

... HERESY! At least, if you're talking about the fight scenes. The rest of it can be admittedly a little hit and miss sometimes...

But yeah, this has been getting a decent amount of interest on the player front... but the only person who mentioned possibly being interested in running it... never replied again...

FarFetched

I'm interested; will read more.

EDIT I read it, I liked the system, and if this becomes an Group RP I'll definitely put in a character. I actually have a really fun one in mind.
I can't GM, however.

Florence

Quote from: FarFetched on February 29, 2016, 03:02:58 PM
I'm interested; will read more.

EDIT I read it, I liked the system, and if this becomes an Group RP I'll definitely put in a character. I actually have a really fun one in mind.
I can't GM, however.

Now we just need to get a GM up in hurr!

FarFetched

Since we now constitute a group, It might be a good idea to put an ad on the seeking-players forum, with a tag like [Looking for GM!] at the end or somesuch. Or just change this one with a similar tag- idk.

Leodran

Love the show, and I'm provisionally interesting in DMing depending on what the schedule would be like.  I'm already doing a D&D 5th Ed campaign and playing in a few others, on top of work, but RWBY is just so awesome and I've wanted to DM one.

What kind of plot and timeline were you considering?  Would you want it free and open on forums, or meet on something like roll20 at certain times as a group?

Revelation

Quote from: Leodran on March 03, 2016, 06:04:26 PM
Love the show, and I'm provisionally interesting in DMing depending on what the schedule would be like.  I'm already doing a D&D 5th Ed campaign and playing in a few others, on top of work, but RWBY is just so awesome and I've wanted to DM one.

What kind of plot and timeline were you considering?  Would you want it free and open on forums, or meet on something like roll20 at certain times as a group?

Well! First, if you're considering running a game for the people here, awesome!

As far as I personally am concerned - i'd probably want to veer somewhat away from canon, or at least putting our game somewhere where the PC's can be doing their own things, i'd prefer the story to be about the characters in the game so to speak. I imagine most people here (including me) might prefer forums, but I am not totally against roll20 depending on the day. There's a preference for forums though,

Leodran

I've considered a RWBY game before, and my general thought is the best way to give the original characters breathing room is to set the game sometime before the events of the series, but well after team STRQ graduated and moved on.  Of course I'd like to hear Florence's thoughts on the matter.

ThisOneGal

Spoony's Bablyon 5 approach is good:

Tl;DW: alternate reality. Where a canon character would be, a PC is instead. So instead of Team RWBY showing up at Beacon, it's Team PCs. And NPCs don't necessarily act they way they do in canon, and events won't necessarily transpire the way they do in canon.

Florence

Quote from: Leodran on March 03, 2016, 06:45:36 PM
I've considered a RWBY game before, and my general thought is the best way to give the original characters breathing room is to set the game sometime before the events of the series, but well after team STRK graduated and moved on.  Of course I'd like to hear Florence's thoughts on the matter.

First off, I'm really happy to see someone having interest in running this game!

To address the question at hand, I think what works best for me is to focus on an original story. I think an alternate timeline would be a good idea, that way we don't have to worry about contradicting canon or anything. It gives everyone involves more freedom too. I'm not opposed to setting the game before RWBY, though, if you think you can make that work better.

As for the when and where and how, I personally am fine with either, though its been a while since I've used Roll20. I'm okay going in whichever direction you and the rest of the group feels like going in. The forum would likely be easier, and more people here would likely be comfortable with it, though Roll20 would probably help keep things moving, provided we get an active group who are willing and able to show up on time.

Edit: Off-topic, but HNNNNG, this song: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mc2rOFKCQXc

In case anyone is reading this for some reason who HASN'T caught up yet...
God, Salem already seems like she'll be a great villain...

FarFetched

Unfortunately, Roll20 won't work for me; I only RP with people from E within E.

Florence

Quote from: FarFetched on March 04, 2016, 01:13:43 AM
Unfortunately, Roll20 won't work for me; I only RP with people from E within E.

Yeah, I'd guess that would be the preferred choice for most people on here

Revelation

Yeah, I think it would be easier to run the RP over elliquiy.

Florence

Oh, also, in case anyone (especially our potential GM) didn't see, there's a February update to the rulebook I linked to in the first post.

https://www.reddit.com/r/Rwbytabletop/comments/45ogyl/the_unofficial_rwby_tabletop_february_update/

Sain

Hype! Hoping for forums too, live tends to be difficult to pull off with these timezone differences. Otherwise, whatever works for you works for me.

Leodran

Well the overwhelming favourite seems to be forums, which is fine by me. My schedule can get a bit hectic, but a forum game can stay active for a few days withough me. I'm thinking on top of normal forum I'll try to schedule blocks of time I can devote to the RP in order to do group events, like a full class, group battle, etc.

I'm open to different options, but I'm thinking setting it 2-3 years before the series would be good. The teachers and staff at beacon are the same, but students are different. Maybe later in the RP we can cameo a first year team CVFY.

Sain

Sounds cool. I do tend to prefer to go descriptive with forum games myself, but a fast based one would be nice too if we manage to pull of periods of higher activity somehow :-)

So we're first year students then? Any specific preferences for characters?

Atkinson

For me the forums are ideal.  My schedule can be pretty erratic,  so arranging a set time can really be tricky!

AU 1st years would be great, I think.  I've got a fox tailed faunus with a sword or two in mind, if that's okay.

Florence

Quote from: Atkinson on March 04, 2016, 10:50:40 AM
For me the forums are ideal.  My schedule can be pretty erratic,  so arranging a set time can really be tricky!

AU 1st years would be great, I think.  I've got a fox tailed faunus with a sword or two in mind, if that's okay.

Haha, I was thinking of a fox-eared faunus xP

She'd be the more punchy type, though.

I was going to use her for a different rp on another site that never sort of panned out.

Revelation

Awesome! This might actually be getting off the ground!

Not sure what i'd play yet, I made a character for an older RWBY game on the forums, but it sputtered out. I might remake him a bit, or perhaps make a new character. Either way, as far as weapons go, maybe tonfas that can be used as revolvers, a longsword that can collapse into a shotgun, or a more heavy spear/lance that can be used as a cannon ala gunlances from monster hunters. Since we seem to have some Faunus players, i'd probably go with human.

Atkinson

Quote from: Florence on March 04, 2016, 11:06:28 AM
Haha, I was thinking of a fox-eared faunus xP

She'd be the more punchy type, though.

I was going to use her for a different rp on another site that never sort of panned out.

Ahahaha.  I'm also in the same boat: general character idea from a different rp that never really took off!  It wasn't for a RWBY game though, so there'll definitely be some RWBYization taking place!

FarFetched

My personal plan was to play a human(atlas) male beefcake with a super heavy hammer with a dust barrel on one end.

Spoiler: Click to Show/Hide

Revelation

As far as year goes, I don't mind first year at all, either.

Sain

Quote from: FarFetched on March 04, 2016, 01:07:27 PM
My personal plan was to play a human(atlas) male beefcake with a super heavy hammer with a dust barrel on one end.

Omg this character sounds awesome :D

I was thinking of using
for sort of mechanic/tinkerer. Weapon would be long range mortar/jackhammer made into punching gloves with more focus on ranged than melee so probably wouldn't overlap too much with whatever puncher Florence planned.

ThisOneGal

Quote from: Sain on March 04, 2016, 01:20:39 PM
I was thinking of using
for sort of mechanic/tinkerer. Weapon would be long range mortar/jackhammer made into punching gloves with more focus on ranged than melee so probably wouldn't overlap too much with whatever puncher Florence planned.

That character is SO AWESOME. :D

I have no idea what I'll roll with (apart from human female), so I'll probably wait until everyone else has something and fill in the gaps.

Revelation

I'm basically malleable, but since it sounds like we kinda have...

1 sword user
2 fist type characters (One being more ranged focus)
1 heavy weapons/hammer guy

I may go with the tonfas since they're a bit of a mix and a little different from the rest. Thinking my character is from a rather poor off family, not really hunters or anything. He's kinda put his heart into being a hunter just to make a difference in the world, having made his own weapons and all. Not exactly an engineering genius or anything, but much more deterministic and dedicated to fighting, still. Not sure on pic or anything yet - but he'd be the athletic type over a beefcake or being super lithe or anything. Though its RWBY so he'll be a prettyboy.

Florence

Quote from: FarFetched on March 04, 2016, 01:07:27 PM

YES. DO IT. DO IT DO IT DO IT.

Florence

So, any thoughts on handling Teams and such?

Revelation

Teams would be a bit of a challenge it seems. Right now we have 6 people who have posted interest since we have a gm interested in running, so that'd be enough for 2 and a half teams. Npcs filling the gap of teams? Or something else?

FarFetched

Retcon the world to have 3 man teams instead of 4 man teams? It'd be easy to get the last two if we posted this on the LF player forums, though it's up to the GM if he thinks he can handle a whopping 8 people.

Sain

3 person cells might actually keep game running smoother too.

ThisOneGal

When we move to formalized chargen, we could see how many people still show up for it. There might be some attrition.

Revelation

Might be! But let's hope not. I've been in or am in a group game with at least one or two others here, good players!

FarFetched

Just had a thought- what if the two fox-Fauna are actually related and have lots of sibling rivalry stuff? That could be funny.

Florence

Quote from: FarFetched on March 04, 2016, 07:24:16 PM
Just had a thought- what if the two fox-Fauna are actually related and have lots of sibling rivalry stuff? That could be funny.

That could work! Its worth noting, though, that she's particularly a white fox faunus (her color scheme is white and black).

Funny enough, in my first version of the character, Baijiu had a sister... but she was ded.

What I have on the character so far is that her name is Baijiu Kissui. Baijiu adheres to the color theme by literally translating from Chinese as "White Liquor" and refers to a clear type of Chinese liquor. Kissui was suggested as a surname half-jokingly from a friend, after I had decided on "Baijiu" as a given name. Its a brand of Japanese vodka that translates to "Absolutely Pure", thus her name (if read surname first) could basically be seen as essentially meaning "Absolutely Pure White Liquor", albeit in two different languages.

Other than that, she was originally from Atlas, though that could be changed in this version of the character. She didn't like the way Atlas' academy was tied into the military, so she actually moved to Patch to attend Signal before graduating to attend Beacon. Her family was pretty poor, and she's had first hand experience with the sort of discrimination Faunus face.

I'd had some other details in mind, but if there's any interest in playing a sibling of hers, we can work all that out.

Atkinson

Siblings was something I'd briefly considered, and now that someone else has also mentioned it, it's totally a good idea that I could definitely be on board with!

Although the character image
I'd had in mind is a little all over the place color-wise at the moment, I figured I'd be doing a little bit of photoshopping before all was said and done to give her a more specific color theme, and giving her a white tail to match her sister would be a snap!  Ironically, the names I've been mulling over have been white-ish sounding ones, "LeBlanc", "Argent", and such. (Haven't really settled on a first name yet.)  Those hood-ears are actually just part of the hood, since she has normal human ears.

I figured also she'd be from some sort of disadvantaged background and has had her share of Faunus discrimination, but she's largely undiminished by it.  Not a fan of the White Fang, and definitely not involved with their activities.

Three person names might make for some really tricky team name combinations, but if that's what people would like to do, that's fine with me.  I'm just as okay being on a team with an NPC or two to make it work, in truth!  Gunning for a spot on the Giant Male Beefcake Team!  (GMBT!  Team Gambit! - Although this isn't a color, I know.)

Revelation

Yeah, thatis one small thing. If we go with the color based names (Which seems kinda important to RWBY, every character/team name is meant to evoke a color of course), 3 word teams kinda limits that! but, it's up to te DM. I mean, I don't really mind a 3 person team. Stretching canon a lil bit but it can be dolled up as experimental, smaller teams or something. Though, it's hardly something to put a campaign on hold, or anything!

My character and Atikinson's/Florence's (if they go with the siblings idea) might also have some common ground if they come from disadvantaged/troubles lives. He certainly wouldn't say he's had it as hard as a faunus, but, having grown up in more dire straits, he could certainly understand some of where she comes from, but he's also working to rise above that himself, and to better the lives of others by hunting down Grimm.

Florence

I don't have an image for Baijiu, but I did write up descriptive stuff for her old version. Here's what I had.

Outfit
A long sleeve black hoodie, with a white t-shirt underneath it, though she usually wears it zipped up. She often keeps the hood down, not making any effort to hide the fox ears atop her head. She wears a monochrome plaid pleated skirt over a pair of black jeans. Beneath that, she wears a pair of sloppily-tied black and white sneakers.

Appearance
Baijiu is a white fox faunus, and as such, has a pair of snowy fox ears atop her head, matching the color of her hair, wavy and reaching down to her shoulders. Her skin is lightly tanned, often looking darker when in viewed in contrast to her hair. She has a slim build, with noticeable, though not bulging muscles. When wearing clothing that exposes her midriff, she has noticeable abs. Despite that, she still maintains an overall feminine appearance, helped in part by her tendency to wear a hoodie that conceals much of her upper body.

In terms of her face, her most distinctive feature is her aquiline nose which, while not particularly large, does give her face a distinctive profile. Her almond-shaped eyes are a sky blue, but with a distinct golden ring around the irises. Overall, she has a somewhat long face and thin lips, evocative of her faunus type.

Personality
Baijiu grew up experiencing first hand the discrimination and hardship faced by her kind. She was affected by it directly through bullying, and indirectly, though the experiences her parents faced trying to find work and keep food on the table. Being faced with that sort of hardship and, at times, outright hatred, she learned to put on a calm face and act like nothing bothered her. At times this can make her seem chill and relaxed, others it can make her seem cold and unfeeling. Likewise, her explanation for looking to become a huntress is equally non-committal, simply expressing a desire to enjoy the rush of battle in a constructive and helpful way. Whether or not that's true is something that perhaps not even she is truly certain of.

Combat wise, she wields a pair of white metal gauntlets called Huli and Jing (a reference to the huli jing, Chinese folkloric fox spirits comparable to the Japanese kitsune or Korean gumiho) which in this incarnation I'm thinking might double as grenade launchers. I'm thinking her semblance might short range teleportation, which would nicely compliment her agile brawler fighting style.

Also, what would we say about their ages? One could have skipped ahead like Ruby, or they could be twins.

Revelation

Okay, so this is also kinda rough but just tossing out some info for my character and his weapon out there, just to see thoughts. I don't intend to step on anyones toes, honest!

Name: Vance Tanner (Color: White/vanilla)
Age: dependant on what year we are, but in his late teens more than likely

Appearance
Tall, athletic, lean – good words to describe him. A young man, his face has a hint of maturity that belies his years, deep blue eyes framed by dark hair, giving a stark contrast. Standing at about six feet (give or take an inch), and when not wearing the school uniform, he can usually be found in heavier clothes. Long sleeved shirts, a light jacket, and almost always with a scarf, even in the school uniform – he likes to dress warmly, only wearing less during the spring and summer when heat demands it. While not heavily muscular, he has an athletic build with toned arms and legs, broad shoulders leading in to a firm chest and abs, it’s clear he keeps trained and fit.

Personality
Those unfamiliar with him might pin him as the soulful, melancholy type. That would be quite wrong – Vance tends to be friendly and open, a more optimistic personality making itself evident when talking to him. Thanks to his upbringing, he sought to not let his situation bring him down, and now that he has a chance to prove himself more he’ll take it. A risk taker, he likes to take things head on, and is not deterred easily. If he is challenged, he rises to it. If he cannot beat said challenge, he will at least try to see the upside in the situation. In battle however, his personality changes. Whether it’s a small matter of bloodlust or determination, he seeks to take down Grimm with dedicated zeal.

Weapon
The travailler A heavy weapon/gunlance of his own design. Lacking the pure elegance and transforming qualities other weapons have, the  travailler is a weapon meant for heavy force, thrusting strikes, and devastating charges. Held with both hands by a hilt and a grip on the side, it can be swung in a number of ways, with the bayonet of the weapon working much the way a heavy spear would. The overslung barrel is not for show, as the gun has been modified to accept and use red dust. Firing explosive rounds, the weapon is meant as portable ordinance, though firing it in such a state brings heavy recoil and makes Vance immobile whilst preparing to fire, and using the ranged weapon. While it cannot transform, it can collapse and fold in half, making it easier to carry when necessary.

Semblance
N/A, a flaw in his skills, Vance has not been able to tap into his Semblance yet, much to his chagrin. He tries not to let it get to him, but it's frustrating at times!

stats

Str: 5
End: 4
Dis: 3
Per:2
Agi: 1
Will: 1

History wise, he's probably from vale. Like I said, grew up in poverty - maybe realized from an early age that maybe being a hunter was the best bet he had on making it through. Perhaps his family owned an old, crude weapon - travailler in a much shabbier state, and in between training with it then, and rebuilding it/upgrading it, he sought to become a hunter himself. Still working more on the specifics.

FarFetched

Here's what I had in mind so far-
EDIT: Outdated

Name: Leon Bronto Goldmann THE THIRD OF THE ILLUSTRIOUS GOLDMANN FAMILY LINE, DATING BACK TO-
Color: GOLD
Symbol: A golden lion with bull horns.
Height: 7'5

Semblance: Immovable Object- Lion has the ability to make himself a fixed point, incapable of being moved or shifted by any force. Things that should be impossible to lift are easier to move, and if something like a massive boulder would crush him, he could use this semblance to resist being squished.

Dust: Violet (Force)
Semblance + Violet Crystal =
King's Presence (3 cap): Leon infuses an entire violet crystal with his semblance, allowing him to extend the range of Immovable Object to resist any and all forces around him. People near him could be slowed, fires might die out, and gusts of wind can die down.
Charging Bull (2 cap): Leon uses his hammer to propel himself quickly forward, then uses the properties of his semblance to make sure that he doesn't stop for anything.

Weapon: Unstoppable Force- Unstoppable Force is a massive, two-handed Hammer filled with an extremely heavy violet dust. One end bears a rocket-like tube that can expel charges of Violet dust and launch certain swings even faster.  By reversing the hammer and pointing it away from him, the hammer can also expel forceful burst of energy with violet crystals. Lion crafted it specifically to suit his weight and semblance- anyone else wielding such a weapon would be thrown around by it easily. Ever the hubris fool, the side of the hammer bears Lion's own, beaming face on it.

Just in case he ever needs to monologue about how wonderful Atlas, His family, or anything related to him is, the pommel side of his hammer features a pop-out flag bearing the noble crest of his family: A horned lion. It has no other purpose than to aid Leon in his efforts at grand-standing.

Weapon Properties:

Type: Aggressive

Modifications: Martial Arts, Immense Weight
Martial Arts::
As seen in Handbook.
Immense Weight:
EFFECT:  The additional defense threshold for targeted strikes is decreased by (?). All attacks with this weapon requires either 1 capacity and 1 action, or 2 actions.
DESCRIPTION: This weapon is heavy, and it shows. Do yourself a favor- do not get hit by it.

Stats:
STATS:
6-Strength
4-Endurance
3-Willpower
2-Discipline
1-Perception
0-Agility
Heritage: Atlas (STR +1)

Personality: Leon Goldmann is the expressive ham that other hams wished they could be, if they didn't already love themselves so much. Often, people know when he enters a room not because of his size, but because he declares his arrival exuberantly, using his whole name. Yes, even the the middle one.

Leon is obsessed with being healthy, working out, and displaying his POSITIVELY SUPERB MUSCULATURE. He absolutely abhors junk food, preferring to eat only meat, vegetables, eggs and milk- classic healthy foods. Finding the food at beacon occasionally below his personal (occiasonally unattainable) level of healthiness, he's become a bit of Chef in his own right, and is known to occasionally cook his own meals when the cafeteria begins serving that dreaded, GASTLY deep-fried food. Working out is almost a basic state of being for him. He'd do jumping-jacks in the middle of class if no one stopped him. He begins every morning with 100 sit-ups, 100 push-ups, and 100-squats every day, followed by a 10-KM run in the evening. He gives his body a break on Sundays, and the look on his face for that entire period is a perpetual, uneasy restlessness. Leon likes to make sure that EVERYONE is aware of his GLISTENING ABS AND PECS. The status of his muscles and the comparative musculature of those around him are always a very focal point in his mindset. This means that his shirts are mostly optional and incredibly form fitting. He's also made sure that each is tight enough for him to DRAMATICALLY TEAR OPEN if he flexes too hard. Just, you know, to drive the point home. He has abs. Behold abs. Despite having his head firmly lodged up his own, toned buttocks, Leon isn't mean by any measure. Beyond the large amount of fluff he puts into his own self-worth, he has a very strong sense of Honor and always looks out for those less fortunate than he is. Though he has a positve nature, he's also quite compassionate (Perhaps... too compassionate), being known to cry manly tears when overhearing the sad tales of others.

That is, however, only half the man that Leon is. Leon sounds like an actor preforming onstage because that's just it- he's acting. Much of his true feelings is hidden behind that thick veneer of pride and patriotism. Beneath is his true self. A hurt, lonely boy with no home to call his own and a vengeful man who survives on a diet of spite and rebellion. He longs for his family's acceptance, but at the same time, he hates his family for denying him that very life. It's slowly tearing him up inside; and without an audience to bear witness, it occasionally shows.

It's often said that the depressed smile the hardest. Leon smiles very hard.

Background
Leon's life isn't all the glamor, pride and glory that he makes it out to be. Deep down, he actually feels more like a mistake than anything else.

The Goldmann family line is just as proud and noble as Leon makes them out to be (well, at least half, which is still quite something!), though, there is one small caveat. Most of his relatives would rather Leon didn't exist at all! His family is widely known for vocalized, harmonic semblance known as "The Lion's Roar," which, like many hereditary semblances, has been honed over the generations to produce stunning displays of power and might.

The Crest of the Goldmann family isn't really a lion with bull-horns. In fact, it's actually a Lion standing in front of a bull. The horns are a reference to the Bronto family, a second family that has been subservient to the Goldmann's for over a hundred years. Unlike the Goldmanns, the Bronto family had never shown much aptitude for hunting. Occasionally, one would appear from their family with a semblance that made them stronger than normal, but that only came about once every few generations.

Leon is a child of both these families, the bastard offspring of an already-married Goldmann and a Bronto maid, the latter of which sadly passed in childbirth. His father, while certainly unfaithful in every respect, wasn't so heartless as to leave young Leon to fend for himself, and decided to take him in as a son, much to the eternal ire of his wife. This odd upbringing, wedged between a duty-driven father and a spiteful mother made for most of his early life.

On his thirteenth birthday, Leon's semblance finally came out while playing sports with a cousin. It's appearance made for the largest scandal the family had ever known. The boy had bull horns, the hallmark of a semblance from the Bronto family. The two family had always been separate; mixing blood between them was incredibly taboo. Leon's father had kept his ill-begotten son's origins to himself ever since the boy was born, but there was no hiding his semblance, or those horns.

The change Leon saw in his family was immediate, and traumatizing. People he once considered friends and brothers wouldn't so much as talk to him anymore. Updated versions of family photos began replacing the ones that included him in it. The entire Goldmann's family, for all of it's Roaring pride, and loud pursuits, were brushing Leon under the rug with the most deafening sound of all.

Silence.

Fearing his own excommunication from the Goldmann family line, Leon's father sent the boy away to live with his Uncle, Rob Berof Goldmann, whom he lived with until he was accepted to Beacon. Rob, unlike Leon's father, saw potential in the boy that could go beyond what both the Bronto and Goldmann families  could even imagine, and began training Leon.

Rob's effect on Leon was instrumental in making him the man he is today. His uncle gave him the courage to say 'No, I will not fall to your silence; You will never make me vanish silently into the night. I AM STILL HERE. LEON BRONTO GOLDMANN IS HERE, AND I'M NOT GOING ANYWHERE. HEAR ME ROAR.' Spurred on by his own desire to leave a mark on the world, and to be recognized as someone to truly be remembered, Leon put his body and soul into training with his Uncle. He ate, slept, and breathed physical effort. When it came time for the Beacon's entrance exam, Leon had trained his body to the point where he didn't even need to use a weapon on the Grimm he was scheduled to fight. Instead, he was able to crush it's skull with his bare hands.

Leon is done being silent, and done playing the victim. Quite literally, he has resolved to take life by the horns, and steer himself onto a journey so great and inspiring, even his family will be unable to quiet his existence.

Because one day, even if he has to say it at the top of his lungs, everyone will remember the name Leon. Bronto. Goldmann.

Appearance

Appearance of Semblance

Sain

Quote from: FarFetched on March 04, 2016, 11:45:21 PM
pure glory

That sprkls so much hngg!

Here what I got on Vanilla

Vanilja Crepes
Color: Vanilla Cream
Symbol: A bright white shooting star
Heritage: Vacuo
Height: 5'9
Hair: Soft platinum blonde/Vanilla colored hair. Straight and luscious, most of it kept on a side ponytail.
Eyes:  Big bright and chestnut colored

Attributes
Strength    - 0
Endurance - 5
Willpower   - 1
Discipline   - 3
Perception - 5
Agility        - 2
Derived statistics
Health      10/10
Aura        11/11
Capacity  4/4

Semblance: Some kind of telekinesis/ability to coat one nonliving thing with her aura and control it while it's trajectory keeps accelerating rapidly. She will eventually lose control of it when she accelerates it too much.

Weapon: [Name Pending]
Melee Variant: Heavy Flail                                     Ranged Variant: Mortar
Melee Accuracy Bonus: Aggressive(STR+END)   Ranged Accuracy Bonus: Heavy (AGI+END)
Description:Mortar Flail. Vanilja's weapon transforms between a short but heavy flail where the former ignition chamber has turned into a two handed handle and rugged spikes protrude from all four corners of the barrel that now hangs from the handle with a sturdy cable with variable length between one foot and two meters. The length can be controlled freely to manipulate the speed of the flail head. For long range mode Vanilja's flail pulls the cable inside and assembles into a short mortar barrel for firing long heavy range artillery shots.

Modifications: 1 -Reach
2 - something
3 - something
4 - something

Dust:
???

Phials:
???

WIPBackground
Vanilja was born from a chaotic marriage between
a stunningly beautiful criminal
and
a steadfast hunter
who wouldn't steal even to feed himself. The two had fancied each other since Beacon days, but the same attraction of opposites also kept them from fully committing. Vanilja's early childhood was an unending rollercoaster of adventure and excitement. Her mother kept 'stealing' her away and showed her a good time running from the law and her father. He always caught them eventually though, and Vanilja always closed her eyes at the icky reunion the two had. Many times mother was in cuffs and on her way to jail, but somehow she always escaped and avoided capture and thus her father had to continue the hunt.

She grew up bouncing between two extremes, yet despite the differences of each parent they both always encouraged her own interests. They taught her both sides of the story, but she also picked up their individual enthusiasm and curiosity towards a singular goal. Vanilja did what she wanted and ran around with others who either inspired her or were inspired by the girl's brightness.

...TBA

Personality
Gets excited and forgets what she was previously doing super easily. Vanilja is a bubbling smiling ball of curiosity who loves to examine new new things, whether that be interesting looking people or just something that happens to catch her fancy (such as anything cool mechanical.) It all stems from her own creativity and ability to see how fun and amazing things can be if you just give them the chance. Once she has bought some idea it is difficult to get her to stop pursuing it as Vanilja will likely block everything out with her babbling and ignore everything not related to her current pursuit. Certain types of patisserie have been known to do the trick.

She is a loud and bright girl and usually only notices other loud and bright people. Doesn’t really mean anything mean with it but Vanilja usually tends to kind of leave quiet ones behind as she finds something exciting and gets distracted.

Likes mechanical things. Drools at shining gears, machines and everything like that. While automobiles are close to heart Vanilja's biggest passion for building are weapons and dust contraptions. She sometimes jokingly suggests that the only reason for her enrollment to Beacon was so that she could get a better idea of what a weapon needs to be.

Outfit
Vanilja wears a relatively light clothes that take inspiration from the undergarments of Atlas' mech pilots, but she likes to give her set a bit of an... 'edgy' twist. High collar, flamboyant glasses, thigh-high boots with garter certainly wouldn't pass any Atlas regulations. Vanija also has a simple skirt of the same fabric and color scheme as her jacket to cover up, but she has not hammered out the aerodynamics of it well enough to prevent it from tearing during intense battles (still running tests to perfect the combat skirt).

Notes
Definitely owns an old open topped car.

e. big edits

Revelation

Oh right, semblance... Hrm, that's gonna be hard to work out for Vance, trying to think of something a little unique that won't be too overpowered or hard to use in a game.

Also, good profiles Sain/Farfetched, it is good to see other characters!

ThisOneGal

Super sketchy rough draft.

Name - Iris Orion
Emblem - ♙ (White Pawn)

Theme Song

Random list of possible candidates

Nightwish
Australian Crawl - White Limbo
Midnight Oil - Dreamworld
The Princess & the Frog - Friends on the Other Side
La Roux - Bulletproof
Bayonetta - My Love for You is Bulletproof
Kill la Kill - Before My Body Is Dry (Don't Lose Your Way)
Ramin Djawadi - Pacific Rim Main Theme
Goldfrapp - Strict Machine
Metric - Help I'm Alive
Metric - Gold Guns Girls
Megadeth - Duke Nukem Theme
Stamp on the Ground
Bullet For My Valentine - Riot
Archive - Bullets
Daft Punk - Harder Better Faster Stronger
Daft Punk - Derezzed
Queen - Don't Stop Me Now
Sabaton - Resist and Bite

Personality

TBD

Punk?
Vaguely noble?
In a Mirror, Darkly

Backstory

TBD

Atlesian
Wealthy background
Not quite sure why she's here

Fable - Alice In Wonderland, Through the Looking-Glass

Iris is Alice.
White Pawn/Queen symbolism. Alt symbol: pawn on starburst (crown)?
Remnant/her arc is Wonderland.
Semblance is dark mirror of herself. (Possible Jabberwock allusion).
Alt colors: Blue (dress), Yellow (hair), Red (Red Queen, Mirror Alice's hair)

Semblance - Ne Plus Ultra ('No More Beyond') - Variant Summon

Summon sort-of-mecha (Jabber?). Trivially easy to summon/control at this point.
Summon is not a Grimm or a robot; unclear what, exactly, it is.
Summon is not entirely 'real'. Can teleport freely, can't carry anything with it. (It's not so much teleporting as being dismissed and re-summoned somewhere else).
Evidently capable of independent thought/action. Can wander freely.
Acts as primary combat tool. Used as 'ranged' attack and to shield allies.
Can hop 'inside' of it.
Dark mirror of herself. Possibly the 'perfect' version of herself. (Perfect is the enemy of the Good).
Ne Plus Ultra = Most Perfect, Apex; nothing better than this. Alternatively, 'go no further'.
'No More Beyond', is definitely from 'Beyond'.

Weapon - Unus Multorum ('One of Many') - One-Handed Sword (Elegant) / Semblance (Energy?)

Literally just a sword/knife. Utterly unremarkable. ('Unus Multorum' = 'An ordinary person')
Possibly modified to enhance her semblance.

Free Roaming (variant Advanced Sights)
Make Ranged/Semblance Attacks at any distance.
Summon can wander around freely/operate semi-independently, blink teleport at will.
In combat, summon effectively 'threatens' the whole field, but can only be in one place at a time.
Can only be summoned in sight within 100 ft, but can wander outside of that range.
Can always be reflexively summoned 'around' Iris as a defense. Doing so is reflexive; difficult to not do it.

You Shall Not Pass (variant Tower Shield)
Use Semblance (WIL+PER) to block attacks for nearby allies
Ne Plus Ultra can also mean this.

Mobility
When using their entire turn on movement, a Character can travel 75ft instead of 50.
Hop inside Jabber and go for a ride.

Stats
Stats
STR0
AGI1
END2
PER4
WIL  5
DIS3

Revelation

Semblance idea, someone can tell me if its awful or not, but I was kind of thinking of a fire version of berserk. basically, the more damage inflictedonto him, perhaps the more a fire rages/burns around him. He has control of the fire enough to ensure it wouldn't burn companions, directing it more towards his enemies. Perhaps it can resonate with his ranged attacks as well, maybe concentrating the explosions?

Making a good semblance is hard.

FarFetched

*gasp* It's combustion man!

Also @onegal- That ammo logistics pic made me laugh like a little schoolgirl.

ThisOneGal

Not everyone's semblance is known, and it's possible not everyone has one. If the GM allows it, you could have yours be unknown until you discover it in-game.

Revelation

Quote from: ThisOneGal on March 05, 2016, 02:39:44 AM
Not everyone's semblance is known, and it's possible not everyone has one. If the GM allows it, you could have yours be unknown until you discover it in-game.

That is true! but its nice to bounce around concepts a bit. Still, him having issues with semblance could be a plot issue as well, though i'd rather not involve a group in a plot that might seem convoluted.

FarFetched

Whaaat- hush yoself, convoluted subplots are the spice of RP life

Revelation

Quote from: FarFetched on March 05, 2016, 02:46:08 AM
Whaaat- hush yoself, convoluted subplots are the spice of RP life

Also true! I think i'll just go without a semblance for now, it's something that has eluded him, and adds a bit of uniqueness to him. I'll just have to think of a good enough semblance for when he does gain one. I'll just say everyone has cool characters and suddenly mine feels like it needs more work!

Sain

ThisOneGal going for a jojo stand style semblance? Could be fun.

ThisOneGal

I assume you're talking about JoJo's Bizzare Adventure? I've never seen it. Been told I should, but it's like a million episodes long at this point.

FarFetched

I actually really like the basic, no-nonsense nature of Iris too. Just a sword and nothin' special. She's set up like Jane from our other RP!

Lionel's symbol is definitely the -White King. It's a slow piece that likes to be the center of attention on every board. I should add that.

Revelation

Most semblances could pull double duty as stands, really. Though that's because stands are super open ended.

Still, they're about to adapt one of the great arcs of jojo so now is as good a time as any to get in!

Sain

Yeah it's a bit long to get into, but the poses the characters take are well worth it as long as you're not allergic to excess cheese.

What are these symbols though?

Revelation

Quote from: Sain on March 05, 2016, 03:03:13 AM
Yeah it's a bit long to get into, but the poses the characters take are well worth it as long as you're not allergic to excess cheese.

What are these symbols though?

I mean if you're in an RWBY game you should be use to a bit of cheese!

I think symbols are meant to be like the character sigils. IE: Ruby's flower, Nora's hammer, etc. Right?

FarFetched

I thought that they were the chess pieces that hunters and huntresses get in their initiation ceremony thing- at the end of that forest thingy.

Revelation

Quote from: FarFetched on March 05, 2016, 03:05:25 AM
I thought that they were the chess pieces that hunters and huntresses get in their initiation ceremony thing- at the end of that forest thingy.

Oh right! The relics.

I did Vance's stats, tanky and strong, but his will leaves something to be desired! He's vale though, so it's bumped up a little.

ThisOneGal

Quote from: Changingsaint on March 05, 2016, 03:04:52 AM
I think symbols are meant to be like the character sigils. IE: Ruby's flower, Nora's hammer, etc. Right?

That's what I was using it for, yeah.

http://rwby.wikia.com/wiki/Emblems

Iris's was a White Pawn because that's what Alice is in Through the Looking-Glass before she reaches the end of the board and becomes the White Queen.

FarFetched

Oh! In that case, A... golden Lion with bull-horns. Definitely.

Sain

Then Vanija would probably have some kind of comet or shooting star. Bright, shiny and flies fast until it collides with something or misses terribly.

FarFetched

Quote from: Sain on March 05, 2016, 03:35:29 AM
Then Vanija would probably have some kind of comet or shooting star. Bright, shiny and flies fast until it collides with something or misses terribly.
Ooo, that'd totally work.

I decided to give Lion's hammer a pop-up flag on the pommel of his hammer, just for kicks.

EDIT:
*Throws Onegal Tunes for her Themesong Pile*

Sain

I'll be switching Vanilja's weapon to a heavy flair/mortar. Flail would work wonderfully with her semblance. Accelerate the head to full speed and turn it into 1meter diameter circular saw basically. The gauntlets on the pic can just be for improved grip or something.

Found themesong candidate for mine too.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y6g5oOPN9To

Atkinson

Quote from: Florence on March 04, 2016, 09:18:13 PM
Also, what would we say about their ages? One could have skipped ahead like Ruby, or they could be twins.

I like the idea of twins, actually!  It's the sort of opportunity that hasn't really been explored in the canon.  And, in our case, one gets the ears, the other gets the tail!  This makes perfect sense!

Also, it seems like there's a lot of white named/themed character ideas so far!  I'm inclined to go with a green or blue color association for my as-yet unnamed character, I think.  That can be expressed through attire though, so this choice shouldn't particularly influence anything sibling-wise like sharing traits like white hair/ears/tail.

I might reserve first-name deciding until the very last moment so I can come up with something that jumbles around with my teammate's name-letters well in hopes of coming up with a really great team name.

<< Drinking and overthinking and editing things and ahahahahaha!  I am so sorry!  Good nightmorning! >>

Florence

Quote from: Atkinson on March 05, 2016, 07:15:29 AM
I like the idea of twins, actually!  It's the sort of opportunity that hasn't really been explored in the canon.  And, in our case, one gets the ears, the other gets the tail!  This makes perfect sense!

Of course, doing it that way means we'd have to come up with a relatively color-neutral family name probably, instead going with more pronounced color-related first names.

Similarly, it sounds like there's a lot of white named/themed character ideas so far!  I'm inclined to go with a green or blue color association for my as-yet unnamed character, I think.  That can be expressed through attire though, so this choice shouldn't particularly influence anything sibling-wise like sharing traits like white hair/ears/tail.

I might reserve first-name deciding until the very last moment so I can come up with something that jumbles around with my teammate's name-letters well in hopes of coming up with a really great team name.

I don't have any particular attachment to the last name, if you've got any better suggestions.

As for the colors, it is worth remembering that Ruby and Yang are sisters (well, half, but still), yet their color schemes are fairly distinct. So, yeah, she could definitely express a different color scheme through various means.

It is worth noting that, according to canon, last names can be used for team names too, so if first names don't seem to spell anything out, last names can be used :P

(For example, team BRNZ, where the "Z" comes from May Zedong.)

Since everyone's posting up themesongs...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RL3d7Vp9Chk

I think that might fit for Baijiu.

Quote<< Drinking and overthinking and editing things and ahahahahaha!  I am so sorry!  Good nightmorning! >>

No worries :P

Sain

Made big edits to sheet. Tried to keep formatting similar to sheet provided on pdf, feel free to steal. Don't wanna start picking modifications too much before we get a word from GM since I want to think up some custom ones.

Atkinson

Quote from: Florence on March 05, 2016, 09:45:27 AM
I don't have any particular attachment to the last name, if you've got any better suggestions.

Mulling the family name thing over, in keeping with your Chinese theme and the fact that Baijiu's color is white, and how I was tending towards green or blue, this is what I've come up with: Qīnghuā (青花) It's more or less 'Blue & White' in English, and is the Chinese name for a particular variety of porcelain.  In keeping with this, I think I might name my character Sui (水), which is basically 'water'.  In Japanese, this is also the same letter for Mizu.  It can also be used as 'to follow' or 'follower', which might be thematically appropriate if she's the younger of the two.  She probably westernizes it as Sue when being all casual/informal and such.

Sui "Sue" Qīnghuā
Color: Teal Blue
Symbol: A stylized, flowing blue fox
Heritage: Faunus
Height: 5' (152cm)
Hair: Silvery voluminous hair, often braided in a variety of styles
Eyes: Piercing, icy blue

Attributes
1 - Strength
5 - Agility
0 - Endurance
4 - Perception
2 - Willpower
4 - Discipline

Derived statistics
5 / 5 - Health
11/11 - Aura
5 / 5 - Capacity

Semblance: Think Fast! Sui's Semblance causes her mind to operate at an incredible pace.  From her perspective time seems to slow down, although she isn't capable of moving any faster than she normally can.  While active, Sui is afforded an immense amount of time to observe her surroundings and consider her next course of action.  The more she uses her Semblance, the better she should get at reading an opponent's body language and anticipating their next move.  Sui still has a lot of learning to do though, and still makes errors and misjudgements.

Weapon: Time & Tide
Melee Variant: Paired Dustblade Swords                   Ranged Variant: Dual Pistols
Melee Accuracy Bonus: Precise (STR+AGI)              Ranged Accuracy Bonus: Accurate (AGI+PER)
Description:Nearly identical in design, and both almost as long as Sui is tall, Time and Tide appear to be much heavier weapons than someone of her stature might normally choose to employ. However, Sui compensates for the unwieldy nature of her weapons largely through a solid understanding of force and momentum, to say nothing of her dependency upon her Semblance to guide the pair with an uncanny precision.  In the hands of anyone else, these two swords would probably belong to a more aggressive weapon class.

Modifications: Additional Weapon
Dust: Blue (Water)
Phials: Douse, Fog, Wither

Personality
At first glance, Sui seems quiet and guarded.  This is an accurate first impression, as a lifetime of Faunus discrimination combined with her smaller stature has made her somewhat introverted and cautious by nature when it comes to dealing with strangers.  That said, among those she's familiar with and trusts, she's actually quite cheerful and maybe even a little outgoing.

Sui likes reading and other quiet passtimes, preferring such pursuits to louder or more physically demanding activities.  Unsurprisingly, she's a treasure-trove of information, but at the same time her knowledge can sometimes cause her to get caught up in details when sharing what she knows.  Sui possesses a wisdom uncommon among others her age and in spite of that apparent wisdom, she often stays up almost until the crack of dawn, is never up before noon unless she has to be, and thrives on a steady diet of junk food and incredibly sugary things.

Outfit
Sui tends to wear a light, silken blouse underneath a black waistcoat, which in turn is over top of a shiny black sleeveless but otherwise full bodysuit.  A skirt is commonplace when she doesn't expect a fight, but when she anticipates combat she tends not to bother with it.  Similarly, she's sometimes seen sporting an eye-catching teal blue cloak.  In spite of possessing a fox's tail, and not ears like her sister does, her cloak sports a hood with two pronounced ear-like protrusions that could accommodate such ears.  (Sui suspects her cloak was originally meant for someone other than herself.)  Similar to her skirt, she may not choose to wear her cloak if she expects a fight.  Keenly aware of her height, Sui relies on a pair of platform boots to try and make herself taller, but the sad truth is that their effect is minimal.

Notes
Baijiu's fraternal twin sister.  Younger, but only by minutes!

Sue's 'Flowing Fox' Emblem

Hopping on the theme song bandwagon!
Her Definitely Not-fighting Song

Leodran

Holy cow, you guys and gals are certainly running right along with character creation, that's fantastic.  I'll try to work up an OOC thread for us so that everyone can post their characters there.

I don't want to mess around with the cannon too much, so I'd like to keep the teams at four.  That being said I'm fine with having the teams be 3 players and 1 NPC that tends to stay in the background, it gives me an easy way to interact with each of the teams.  Open to discussion and options on that idea.

I haven't had a chance to look over everyone's preferences just yet.  Florence it was also your idea originally.  Are we considering having any non-con in here, or keeping it away from that and more in line with the series?

Sain

Woo, we didn't drive GM away with over enthusiasm!

Also that recolor is pretty sharp. She looks very fluffy.

FarFetched

Hm, the only non con thing about Lionel will be his teammates' forced exposure to him wearing nothing but an apron and short shorts when cooking in the morning.

Revelation

2 teams of 3 players with 1 NPC each seems apt to me. Since we kinda have another character(s) named after something white, I might change Vance's name.

As for non-con elements, I personally don't see it happening much? At least not with Vance, he's not that kinda guy. He's more the type to be romantic than forceful in that way. Assuming there is a chance for romance, of course.

Florence

Quote from: Leodran on March 06, 2016, 09:03:48 AM
Holy cow, you guys and gals are certainly running right along with character creation, that's fantastic.  I'll try to work up an OOC thread for us so that everyone can post their characters there.

I don't want to mess around with the cannon too much, so I'd like to keep the teams at four.  That being said I'm fine with having the teams be 3 players and 1 NPC that tends to stay in the background, it gives me an easy way to interact with each of the teams.  Open to discussion and options on that idea.

I haven't had a chance to look over everyone's preferences just yet.  Florence it was also your idea originally.  Are we considering having any non-con in here, or keeping it away from that and more in line with the series?

Hmmm... I'm kinda of the mind that I don't know if I really see non-con stuff happening, but I'm not like... rigidly opposed to it or anything.

Sain

I wasn't planning on Vanilja getting initiating any non-con or much smut for that matter. Kind of looking to play the adorable, comedic aspect of RWBY :P Although I suppose if there is good situation for some pure romance between PCs that could be cool too.

Florence

Quote from: Sain on March 06, 2016, 03:26:02 PM
I wasn't planning on Vanilja getting initiating any non-con or much smut for that matter. Kind of looking to play the adorable, comedic aspect of RWBY :P Although I suppose if there is good situation for some pure romance between PCs that could be cool too.

Well, as far as romance goes, it wouldn't be RWBY without some shipping, now would it? 8D

Sain

FarFetched

Quote from: Changingsaint on March 06, 2016, 01:47:20 PM
2 teams of 3 players with 1 NPC each seems apt to me. Since we kinda have another character(s) named after something white, I might change Vance's name.

Hmm, lets take a look at colors for a second... So far, I think our colors are

Vance Tanner- White/Black Rusty Tanner - Red (Subject 2 change)
Iris Orion- White
Vanilja Crepes- Vanilla Cream
Baijiu (Qīnghuā?)- White/Vanilla
Sui Qīnghuā- Blue/Teal
Lionel Bronto Goldman- Yellow/Gold

So, we've got a large amount of white-ish players at the present, we could definitely use another color!

I'm also thinking up team names too, but I wanna wait for the final names to come through, and to know whom wants to be in whose team.

Revelation

Quote from: FarFetched on March 06, 2016, 05:43:22 PM
Hmm, lets take a look at colors for a second... So far, I think our colors are

Vance Tanner- White/Black (Subject 2 change)
Iris Orion- White
Vanilja Crepes- Vanilla Cream
Baijiu (Qīnghuā?)- White/Vanilla
Sui Qīnghuā- Blue/Teal
Lionel Bronto Goldman- Yellow/Gold

So, we've got a large amount of white-ish players at the present, we could definitely use another color!

I'm also thinking up team names too, but I wanna wait for the final names to come through, and to know whom wants to be in whose team.

I might go with Rusty (red), Rusty Tanner.

One idea to make team naming easier, though i'm not sure if most people might be up for this...

Work out the team names first. You work those out - then you figure out the character names. That would make it easier to make a team name that fits, but I dunno how attached people are to character names. random idea.

FarFetched

I Actually have more than a few in mind-

Works with 4 players (NPC Can Substitute Any)
VILT - Violet

VOLT, VQLT- Volt,

VLTS- Volts

CBLT- Cobalt

SIGR- Sugar

Works With 3 Players (And One NPC)
RIVR- River

SOUL- Soul

GQRD- Gourd

LIQN- Lion

CRIM- Crimson

COLD- Cold

BOLD- Bold

QPIL- Opal

OBSD- Obsidian

GBOG- Gamboge

TIGR- Tiger

GROW- Grow

LIGR- Liger(Lion-tiger)

BLOD- Blood

BORD- Board

BISM- Bismuth

There are others of course, so it shouldn't be too hard.

FarFetched

But beyond all that- who here wants to be with whom?

I remember Atkinson said she wanted Sue to be in Lionel's team; Did anyone else have a preference? If not, one thing that might decide the teams are whether or not the Qīnghuā sisters want to be in the same team or not.

Revelation

Lionel and Welkin/Rusty fill similar roles (big guys) even if some of the specifics differ, so, I think it best we both get on different teams personally, just one team isn't lopsided in that way.

Florence

Quote from: FarFetched on March 06, 2016, 07:12:19 PM
But beyond all that- who here wants to be with whom?

I remember Atkinson said she wanted Sue to be in Lionel's team; Did anyone else have a preference? If not, one thing that might decide the teams are whether or not the Qīnghuā sisters want to be in the same team or not.

It would be neat if the sister's were in the same team, though we could obviously still make things fun if they weren't.

Atkinson

I definitely won't say no to having the giant manly man on Sue's team, but I admit when I first suggested it, it was mostly for comedy fun.  Of course, if they wind up on the same team, great!

In the case of the twins, I'm torn between thinking they'd be best on the same team for family/synergy/rivalry shenanigans, or best split up, and functioning as kind of a bridge between the two different teams and help serve as an excuse for cooperation between their respective teams.  I really like the idea of the former the best, but I can't help but think the latter might be more practical depending on Leodran's grand GM master plan. :)

FarFetched

Sounds totally fine! That means the team names could be: (Bolding the team leader)

Lionel, Sui, Baijiuu, XXX --- GQLB (pronounced 'Gold' with the color yellow, since a B kinda looks like a D?)
Lionel, Sui, Baijiuu, XXX --- SQUL (pronounced 'Soul' with the color teal)
Lionel, Sui, Baijiuu, XXX --- BQLD (Pronounced 'Bold' with the color black)

and

Rusty, Iris, Vanilja, XXX --- RIVR (pronounced "River", could also be WIVR if Rusty becomes Welkin and still be pronounced the same way)
Rusty, Iris, Vanilja, XXX --- ORCD (Pronounced "Orchid" with the color violet-pink)
Rusty, Iris, Vanilja, XXX --- VLIT or CRIM (pronounced "Violet" or "Crimson", with self-explanatory colors.)

Or, of course, anything else y'all can think up.

Revelation

Both overall team compositions look fine to me! Most of the names look good, I admit i'm partial to the sound of team RIVR as far as names go, but ORCD and VLIT sound good as well!

FarFetched

Eheh, yeah, some of them aren't the best.

Revelation

Quote from: FarFetched on March 06, 2016, 08:25:01 PM
Eheh, yeah, some of them aren't the best.

Nonsense! Don't sell yourself short. I'd find it hard to make a good team name out of some of these names myself.

Atkinson

Since Florence was the one who kicked this all off, I think Baijiu should have the option to be team leader by default.

Until we know the name of our illustrious fourth member, I'll hold off on team name thinking!  It's tricky to do at the best of times!

FarFetched

When I was making them I thought it'd be easier to assume that the initials of the NPCs could be anything, so the GM could use the best ones when making the chars. It makes team-naming 100 times easier XD

Florence

I like the team names :D

And I'm happy to have Baijiu be the team leader if you'd like.

Also, Chinghua works!

Revelation

Sooo, who'll B-team leader be? Anyone on our group wanna hash that out?

Sain

Sounds good. I like RIVR the bestest.

For leader I'm thinking which would bring out most fun char progression, and thinking from the professor's point of view. Who would they choose? I think Vanilja might be a bit too scatter minded to pull it off, and her 'people skills' are not very easy to adapt to leading (might just accidentally ignore a teammate). Iris is already noble/rich and might end up becoming too bossy, the profs might think that following would do her good. Rust is kind of eh... not full leader material either, but he might have potential. Just need to work out some chinks like blood lust and overly serious zeal and general aloofness and his (supposed) unfamiliarity with group work (I'm getting some lone wolf vibes). Him leading would probably provide most struggles  RP potential.

FarFetched

Hm, I'm definitely going to have Lionel be initially torn up over not becoming the AWE-INSPIRING LEADER of his team, but that's just his personality. Honestly it'd probably be better if he isn't, because his first order of business would be to make his entire team do the same kind of grueling physical training that he counts as "warmups" for him, followed by nothing but healthy foods for breakfast lunch and dinner. Actually, he'll probably still try and push healthy food options on people for comedic effect (because /of course/ 'lil Sui needs more milk to grow BIG & STRONG like Lionel), but y'get the point.

Revelation

Quote from: Sain on March 07, 2016, 05:29:26 AM
Sounds good. I like RIVR the bestest.

For leader I'm thinking which would bring out most fun char progression, and thinking from the professor's point of view. Who would they choose? I think Vanilja might be a bit too scatter minded to pull it off, and her 'people skills' are not very easy to adapt to leading (might just accidentally ignore a teammate). Iris is already noble/rich and might end up becoming too bossy, the profs might think that following would do her good. Rust is kind of eh... not full leader material either, but he might have potential. Just need to work out some chinks like blood lust and overly serious zeal and general aloofness and his (supposed) unfamiliarity with group work (I'm getting some lone wolf vibes). Him leading would probably provide most struggles  RP potential.

My thoughts more align with yours, I think. In a sense, Vanilja doesn't seem like good leader material, though of course there's nothing bad about that, really! Iris I can't say much on, but I can see that being a good idea on not making her leader. Rusty's biggest faults in leadership would be some of that bloodlust which could make him an aggressive leader (Give them no quarter!), and probably having never lead before. I wouldn't be playing him much as an aloof or lone wolf-esque character though he might have some tendencies. He's the type who would care deeply for his teammates, and really wants nothing more than to see them succeed and do well. In part, I think he'd grow naturally into a leadership position if given the chance. Having it to where he has to think of the entire team compared to just thinking of himself is where he'd really develop and shine at.

But that's just my 2 cents, if Iris wants the lead or even the NPC we get, I would not mind terribly!

ThisOneGal

Thoughts on things:

I'm indifferent to the smut level of the RP; I don't need it, but having it won't offend me. Fluffy shipping stuff would be good though.

No strong opinion on which group I'm in.

I'm game for Iris being team leader; given her Alice in Wonderland thing, her response is more likely to be along the lines of "wait, what? why me? oh god what's happening".

Revelation

Quote from: ThisOneGal on March 07, 2016, 06:32:05 PM
Thoughts on things:

I'm indifferent to the smut level of the RP; I don't need it, but having it won't offend me. Fluffy shipping stuff would be good though.

No strong opinion on which group I'm in.

I'm game for Iris being team leader; given her Alice in Wonderland thing, her response is more likely to be along the lines of "wait, what? why me? oh god what's happening".

Hrm! If you want it, you got it! I kinda started to like the thought of him being team leader, but i'm not gonna fight for it that hard, is just a game!

ThisOneGal

I don't need to be team leader; just saying it's an option. :P

Iris still needs, like, characterization and backstory anyway. :P

Revelation

Quote from: ThisOneGal on March 07, 2016, 06:43:42 PM
I don't need to be team leader; just saying it's an option. :P

Iris still needs, like, characterization and backstory anyway. :P

That's true. :P I should finish writing out Rusty's backstory, and changing his name on the sheet and such. Regardless, I am really liking the enthusiasm of everyone present here!

ThisOneGal

Here's a bunch of the images I was using to try and pin down Iris's character/design/idea/whatever.

linky

Let me know what you think.

Right now I'm leaning towards including this as a backstory element somehow, and possibly towards shifting to this as her design, since it's less Weiss-y. Of course, the dark/punk stuff skews very Blake, so eh. Trying to avoid duplicating canon characters.

Revelation

Most of the punk designs skirt away enough from being a Blake-expy that I think any of them would work. Blake has long wavy hair, and aside from that, her biggest identifying marks are her bow and her eyes, which you'd have to try very hard to replicate.

Sain

Backstory? Right, I haven't done that either. Will probably keep it short. I picked Vacuo as starting village just because it had okayish bonus :-) I suppose we should consider making backstories cheesy enough to allow our cast to be in similar situations as the main cast of RWBY, ie. have affiliations to terrorist groups, be princesses of big atlas corporations and have super badass family of hunters and so on.

e. Yeah all those pics look nice, especially the fluffy ships :-)

Atkinson

Using Sain's handy-dandy template, I updated and fleshed out Sue's writeup some in my earlier post!

Also, if we had a 4th member whose name prominently featured an 'M', BLSM, Blossom, would be a good team name!

Also, if anyone wants to use a pic with currently all-over-the-place colors, or a color scheme different to the one they'd prefer, just provide me that picture and your desired color scheme and I'm sure I can give it the same treatment I did to my Sue pic easily enough!

FarFetched

Florence

I read that as "BDSM" and that is how I'm going to say it. xD

Revelation

Quote from: Florence on March 08, 2016, 10:34:58 PM
I read that as "BDSM" and that is how I'm going to say it. xD

Thank goodness I wasn't the only one thinking that!

FarFetched

Just call my character Dionel Dronto Doldman then XD.

Sain

BLSM is fluffier though, but maybe some older students/teachers starts calling it team BDSM and the BLSM have no idea why it's supposed to be funny.

FarFetched

I had a fantastic idea for Lionel's backstory this morning. I'll try writing it up once I fulfill my other writing obligations. Hopefully it'll to give him a believeable, story-driven reasoning for his ham-esque nature.

Sain

Quote from: FarFetched on March 09, 2016, 12:42:06 PM
I had a fantastic idea for Lionel's backstory this morning. I'll try writing it up once I fulfill my other writing obligations. Hopefully it'll to give him a believeable, story-driven reasoning for his ham-esque nature.

I found his papa/brother/uncle while searching for pics for Vanilja's parents. Going to probably have
Vanilja's mother
be a eccentric combination of vigilante and criminal with morals (no killing, maiming etc.) and ex huntress who obviously has a bounty on her.
Her dad
would have retired to raise Vanilja and be more of the down to earth type and also the only one actively hunting the mother's bounty and trying to catch her. If the GM ever wants to use them they could probably still be on "our" side of any conflict, helping the other NPCes or just creating some cheesy cliche robber & cop moments that make even the most jaded people yell, "Just fucking kiss already!" I think this could explain much of Vanilja's personality.

Florence

What's the legal drinking age in Remnant?

Leodran

Hey everyone.  Still here, just on a business trip.  Hoping to have time on the weekend to catch up and put up the main game and OOC threads.  I should have enough free time on Saturday and Sunday to be present.

As for legal drinking age, I arbitrarily say 19, which basically means 3rd years.  Jr said Yang was young to be in the club, so it's not a European 16.

ThisOneGal

Old enough to die fighting horrible nightmare creatures, too young to drink.

:P

Revelation

Quote from: Leodran on March 09, 2016, 09:08:41 PM
Hey everyone.  Still here, just on a business trip.  Hoping to have time on the weekend to catch up and put up the main game and OOC threads.  I should have enough free time on Saturday and Sunday to be present.

As for legal drinking age, I arbitrarily say 19, which basically means 3rd years.  Jr said Yang was young to be in the club, so it's not a European 16.

Take your time! There's no rush! Hope the business stuff is going well!

Sain

Maybe some other nations like Vacuo have different drinking age so Vanilja has a reason to try smuggle drinks in there and encourage law breaking for some little comedy scenes.

Atkinson

It doesn't actually matter what the drinking age is, or if it can vary by territory.  All that matters is getting your grubby hands on the actual liquor!  But there are also potential consequences for doing so, probably.  In a place like Beacon Academy, those consequences probably include expulsion.

Also, hot on the heels of BDSM! er.. BLSM, another semi plausible team name:

BSLT - Basalt, assuming the 4th member has a name starting with a 't'.

ThisOneGal

Hmm.

I'm curious, how many of you would rather use a system and not go freeform?

I'm asking 'cause I prefer freeform. I don't have a problem sticking with the system though, since this was originally pitched as using the system. :P

Revelation

I'd say that's Florence and our DM's call, Florence kickstarted this and our DM is the one hosting it!

Though I have no issue with system or no system.

Florence

Quote from: ThisOneGal on March 10, 2016, 09:52:34 PM
Hmm.

I'm curious, how many of you would rather use a system and not go freeform?

I'm asking 'cause I prefer freeform. I don't have a problem sticking with the system though, since this was originally pitched as using the system. :P

I'd personally prefer using this system as I really wanted to try it out, but at the end of the day I'm okay going with whatever the DM and the majority want.

I'd rather have an active freeform game than a system game everyone gets bored with.

FarFetched

Atkinson

It's what Florence, who started this whole thing off originally wanted, and there's no harm in giving the system a go.  If the system doesn't seem to be working for us, we can always explore other options after the fact.

Revelation

I'm basically gonna agree with the others. If the system limits us, we can eschew it later on.

Florence

I actually had that same thought after I'd made my post, but I figured I'd see what everyone else's thoughts were before adding it :P

So yeah, I think we're all in the same boat. We'll try the system and if we don't like it, assuming our DM is okay with it, we can switch to freeform.

I mean, its easier to go from system to freeform than from freeform to system.

Personally, what I like about the idea of the system is that it gives us some context for our abilities and limitations. With a setting like RWBY, it might be a little too easy to over-estimate how badass our characters can be and to just assume they can stomp anything that comes at them. A system makes it easier for us to gauge how strong we are vs our enemies.

Of course, ESPECIALLY in a setting like RWBY, the whole point is to have fun, so if we're having fun, good, if not, then we'll need to adjust accordingly.

Revelation

Hell! The whole point with RP period is to have fun! If we aren't enjoying it, we need to change it!

But so far, I feel high spirits for this game.

Sain

I don't much mind what we use either. Whatever works best for the GM.

FarFetched

(Also, Rob Berof Goldmann is definitely a disreputable customer. His name is literally "Robber of Gold Man" with spacing in different places!)

ThisOneGal

More images.

linky

Reworking my character 'cause I'm hitting a wall with her. Let me know what you guys think.

Sain

Lionel is damn cool :D

Well that Anubis faunus looks pretty cool too.

Atkinson

What aspect in particular is making you unhappy?

Iris has been pretty fluidly defined so far, so I think there's a lot of options to still explore!

Atlas is the most industrialized/technological city-state.  What if she isn't exactly rich, but one or both of her parents are cutting-edge designers, granting her access to high end technology without needing to be Schnee-calibre wealthy.  Perhaps her struggle could highlight the woes between Atlas' affluent and it's workers?

The idea of an armored suit is pretty neat as a weapon idea.  Assuming her stats don't change, with a high discipline it means she could load her suit up with a bunch of versatile effects?  It also frees up her Semblance for something else?

I 100% admit I could be biased on the twin front, but if you want to have another family factor, maybe not a twin so much as a sibling?  A younger one anxious to follow in Iris' footsteps?  An older one, resigned to their lot in (more conventional) life who disapproves of Iris' choices in life?

ThisOneGal

Quote from: Atkinson on March 12, 2016, 03:57:09 AM
What aspect in particular is making you unhappy?

Nothing is exactly wrong, I'm just having trouble coming to grips with her. I can't figure out what the core of her character is as she currently is.

QuoteAtlas is the most industrialized/technological city-state.  What if she isn't exactly rich, but one or both of her parents are cutting-edge designers, granting her access to high end technology without needing to be Schnee-calibre wealthy.  Perhaps her struggle could highlight the woes between Atlas' affluent and it's workers?

That part was more inspired by this comment: https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=244130.msg12137501#msg12137501

I'm mostly rolling with an Atlesian background because it's the one state I have a grip on; they're the high tech guys with an icy color palette.

QuoteThe idea of an armored suit is pretty neat as a weapon idea.  Assuming her stats don't change, with a high discipline it means she could load her suit up with a bunch of versatile effects?  It also frees up her Semblance for something else?

I'm probably going to alter her stats. Leaning more towards this take on the suit simply cause being more humanoid stresses the ruleset less.

I should line up everyone's stats and see where the team is weak.

QuoteI 100% admit I could be biased on the twin front, but if you want to have another family factor, maybe not a twin so much as a sibling?  A younger one anxious to follow in Iris' footsteps?  An older one, resigned to their lot in (more conventional) life who disapproves of Iris' choices in life?

That could work.

FarFetched

QuoteNothing is exactly wrong, I'm just having trouble coming to grips with her. I can't figure out what the core of her character is as she currently is.
Ah, that can always be a bit of a problem. My trick is to ask what I want the character to be, and then fill in the background around that. It works for me, because as long as you play that character, you know what sort of things you want to be doing with them, and therefore the best way to flesh out their backstory so it complements their place in the story.

Another idea I had; I noticed you expressed a lot of emphasis on an "Evil Twin/Sibling" counterpart. Instead of an evil twin, you could definitely make that person more... inward, like Jekyll and Hyde.

ThisOneGal

Name  ? ? ? (Shade, Noire, Eclipse)
Color  Black / Electric Blue
Emblem 
Heritage  Atlesian Faunas
Age  19
Height  5' 4"

Attributes
Strength  0
Agility  2
Endurance  1
Perception  3+1
Willpower  5
Discipline  4

Derived Statistics
Health  6
Aura  14
Capacity  5

Background

From Atlas
Faunas
Black color scheme contrasts with Atlas white
DJ?
Family is wealthy, associated with weapons/robotics development
Siblings?

Reference

Character

Semblance

Weapon

Emblem
TBD
Likely based off of her helmet/mask

Theme
TBD
Daft Punk - Robot Rock
Daft Punk - Derezzed
Stamp on the Ground
Bullet For My Valentine - Riot
Archive - Bullets
Kill la Kill - Before My Body Is Dry (Don't Lose Your Way)
Ramin Djawadi - Pacific Rim Main Theme
Queen - Don't Stop Me Now
Jet

Semblance

Zone of Control
Telekinesis/Glyph Variant

Some sort of telekinesis
Can effect area around her
Visually manifests as electric blue streams/tentacles when active in an area
Buff/debuff
Grapple/trip foes, move/shield allies, act as distraction, redirect shots
At very high levels, make the environment go all Escher. Act as phase/teleport for others, maybe.

Possibly rename, focus more on music/DJ aspect
Discordia?

Pun
I'm tempted to make the name some sort of zettai ryōiki joke, especially given the visual references.

Weapon

Blackout
Anubis-class Support Armor
Weaponized Semblance Booster (Elegant STR+DIS / Energy AGI+WIL)

Custom variant
Folds/grows out of her scarf?
Designed to boost semblance, act as battle field support. Not direct combat focused
Melee combat is point blank energy blasting/whipping or clawing at people
Ranged combat is energy blasts/whips/drones
Dust reliant
Flight/hover capable
Uses light/sound dust to cloak allies, blind/deafen enemies, highlight targets, enact zone of silence
Possibly bend light to make laser/illusions
Turn battlefield into a rave

Modifications  Mobility, Mixed Capacity
Dust  Black (Light), Pink (Sonic)

FarFetched

Quote from: ThisOneGal on March 13, 2016, 03:04:26 AM
Zone of Control
Telekinesis/Glyph Variant

Some sort of telekinesis
Can effect area around her
Visually manifests as electric blue streams/tentacles when active in an area
Buff/debuff
Grapple/trip foes, move/shield allies, act as distraction, redirect shots
At very high levels, make the environment go all Escher. Act as phase/teleport for others, maybe.

Possibly rename, focus more on music/DJ aspect
Discordia?

Pun
I'm tempted to make the name some sort of zettai ryōiki joke, especially given the visual references.

Hehe, that reminds me of Trafalgar Law's "Room" power from One Piece. That could be super cool to RP with!

FarFetched

QuotePossibly rename, focus more on music/DJ aspect
Ooh! You could also call her Semblance something like "Base" or "Home Base", and every time she uses it she, quite literally, "Drops the base."
...Idk, just throwing ideas out there. Tell me if I ever come off as pushy about it.

EDIT: Since I cannot leave this RP alone today, I did an update and facelift for my character's Bio.

Outdated

*Clothing would be gold, instead of green
Name: Lionel Bronto Goldmann
Color: GOLD!
Symbol: A golden lion with bull horns.
Height: 7'5
Dust: Violet (Force)

Base Attributes:
6-Strength
4-Endurance
3-Willpower
2-Discipline
1-Perception
0-Agility

Heritage:
Atlas (STR +1)

Derived Statistics:
Health: 9/9
Aura: 9/9
Capacity: 3/3

Semblance & Dust Combos
Semblance: Immovable Object- Lion has the ability to make himself a fixed point, incapable of being moved or shifted by any force. Things that should be impossible to lift are easier to move, and if something like a massive boulder would crush him, he could use this semblance to resist being squished.

Semblance + Violet Crystal =
King's Presence (3 cap): Lionel infuses an entire violet crystal with his semblance, allowing him to extend the range of Immovable Object to resist any and all forces around him. People near him could be slowed, fires might die out, and gusts of wind can die down.
Charging Bull (2 cap): Lionel uses his hammer to propel himself quickly forward, then uses the properties of his semblance to make sure that he doesn't stop for anything.

Weapon
Weapon: Unstoppable Force- Unstoppable Force is a massive, two-handed Hammer filled with an extremely heavy violet dust. One end bears a rocket-like tube that can expel charges of Violet dust and launch certain swings even faster.  By reversing the hammer and pointing it away from him, the hammer can also expel forceful burst of energy with violet crystals. Lion crafted it specifically to suit his weight and semblance- anyone else wielding such a weapon would be thrown around by it easily. Ever the hubris fool, the side of the hammer bears Lion's own, beaming face on it.

Just in case he ever needs to monologue about how wonderful Atlas, His family, or anything related to him is, the pommel side of his hammer features a pop-out flag bearing the noble crest of his family: A horned lion. It has no other purpose than to aid Lionel in his efforts at grand-standing.

Weapon Properties:

Type: Aggressive

Modifications: Martial Arts, Immense Weight
Martial Arts::
As seen in Handbook.
Immense Weight:
EFFECT:  The additional defense threshold for targeted strikes is decreased by (?). All attacks with this weapon requires either 1 capacity and 1 action, or 2 actions.
DESCRIPTION: This weapon is heavy, and it shows. Do yourself a favor- do not get hit by it.

Personality

Lionel Goldmann is the expressive ham that other hams wished they could be, if they didn't already love themselves so much. Often, people know when he enters a room not because of his size, but because he declares his arrival exuberantly, using his whole name. Yes, even the the middle one.

Lionel is obsessed with being healthy, working out, and displaying his POSITIVELY SUPERB MUSCULATURE. He absolutely abhors junk food, preferring to eat only meat, vegetables, eggs and milk- classic healthy foods. Finding the food at beacon occasionally below his personal (occiasonally unattainable) level of healthiness, he's become a bit of Chef in his own right, and is known to occasionally cook his own meals when the cafeteria begins serving that dreaded, GASTLY deep-fried food. Working out is almost a basic state of being for him. He'd do jumping-jacks in the middle of class if no one stopped him. He begins every morning with 100 sit-ups, 100 push-ups, and 100-squats every day, followed by a 10-KM run in the evening. He gives his body a break on Sundays, and the look on his face for that entire period is a perpetual, uneasy restlessness. He's addicted to the healthy high of fitness.

The status of his muscles and the comparative musculature of those around him are always a very focal point in his mindset. This means that his shirts are mostly optional and incredibly form fitting. He's also made sure that each is tight enough for him to DRAMATICALLY TEAR OPEN if he flexes too hard. Just, you know, to drive the point home. He has abs. Behold abs. Despite having his head firmly lodged up his own, toned buttocks, Lionel isn't mean by any measure. Beyond the large amount of fluff he puts into his own self-worth, he has a very strong sense of Honor and always looks out for those less fortunate than he is. Though he has a positve nature, he's also quite compassionate (Perhaps... too compassionate), being known to cry manly tears when overhearing the sad tales of others.

That is, however, only half the man that Lionel is. Lionel sounds like an actor preforming onstage because that's just it- he's acting. Much of his true feelings is hidden behind that thick veneer of pride and patriotism. Beneath is his true self. A hurt, lonely boy with no home to call his own and a vengeful man who survives on a diet of spite and rebellion. He longs for his family's acceptance, but at the same time, he hates his family for denying him that very life. It's slowly tearing him up inside; and without an audience to bear witness, it occasionally shows.

Lionel- both the facade and the reality, has a deep-seated hatred for discrimination. It reminds him too much of his own "Impure" upbringing. He will go out of his way to start a fight if he notices anyone being discriminated against, especially with regards to race. It's actually one of the few things that can annoy him into dropping his act.

Background
Lionel's life isn't all the glamor, pride and glory that he makes it out to be. Deep down, he actually feels more like a mistake than anything else.

The Goldmann family line is just as proud and noble as Lionel makes them out to be (well, at least half, which is still quite something!), though, there is one small caveat. Most of his relatives would rather Lionel didn't exist at all! His family is widely known for vocalized, harmonic semblance known as "The Lion's Roar," which, like many hereditary semblances, has been honed over the generations to produce stunning displays of power and might.

The Crest of the Goldmann family isn't really a lion with bull-horns. In fact, it's actually a Lion standing in front of a bull. The horns are a reference to the Bronto family, a second family that has been subservient to the Goldmann's for over a hundred years. Unlike the Goldmanns, the Bronto family had never shown much aptitude for hunting. Occasionally, one would appear from their family with a semblance that made them stronger than normal, but that only came about once every few generations.

Lionel is a child of both these families, the bastard offspring of an already-married Goldmann and a Bronto maid, the latter of which sadly passed in childbirth. His father, while certainly unfaithful in every respect, wasn't so heartless as to leave young Lionel to fend for himself, and decided to take him in as a son, much to the eternal ire of his wife. This odd upbringing, wedged between a duty-driven father and a spiteful mother made for most of his early life.

On his thirteenth birthday, Lionel's semblance finally came out while playing sports with a cousin. It's appearance made for the largest scandal the family had ever known. The boy had bull horns, the hallmark of a semblance from the Bronto family. The two family had always been separate; mixing blood between them was incredibly taboo. Lionel's father had kept his ill-begotten son's origins to himself ever since the boy was born, but there was no hiding his semblance, or those horns.

The change Lionel saw in his family was immediate, and traumatizing. People he once considered friends and brothers wouldn't so much as talk to him anymore. Updated versions of family photos began replacing the ones that included him in it. The entire Goldmann's family, for all of it's Roaring pride, and loud pursuits, were brushing Lionel under the rug with the most deafening sound of all.

Silence.

Fearing his own excommunication from the Goldmann family line, Lionel's father sent the boy away to live with his Uncle, Rob Berof Goldmann, whom he lived with until he was accepted to Beacon. Rob, unlike Lionel's father, saw potential in the boy that could go beyond what both the Bronto and Goldmann families  could even imagine, and began training Lionel.

Rob's effect on Lionel was instrumental in making him the man he is today. His uncle gave him the courage to say 'No, I will not fall to your silence; You will never make me vanish silently into the night. I AM STILL HERE. LIONEL BRONTO GOLDMANN IS HERE, AND I'M NOT GOING ANYWHERE. HEAR ME ROAR.' Spurred on by his own desire to leave a mark on the world, and to be recognized as someone to truly be remembered, Lionel put his body and soul into training with his Uncle. He ate, slept, and breathed physical effort. When it came time for the Beacon's entrance exam, Lionel had trained his body to the point where he didn't even need to use a weapon on the Grimm he was scheduled to fight. Instead, he was able to crush it's skull with his bare hands.

Lionel is done being silent, and done playing the victim. Quite literally, he has resolved to take life by the horns, and steer himself onto a journey so great and inspiring, even his family will be unable to quiet his existence.

Because one day, even if he has to say it at the top of his lungs, everyone will remember the name Lionel. Bronto. Goldmann.

Appearance of Semblance

Sain

He looks ready. I really should finish background too, but having problems. I don't think I'll wanna keep all parts of Vanilja's current personality as it is. Tinkerer bit especially seems a bit forced and not a good fit with the rest.

FarFetched

Quote from: Sain on March 14, 2016, 03:02:04 AM
He looks ready. I really should finish background too, but having problems. I don't think I'll wanna keep all parts of Vanilja's current personality as it is. Tinkerer bit especially seems a bit forced and not a good fit with the rest.
Hmm- It doesn't have to be a conflict, not if you make the background right.  For example, you could have that Tinkering personality take on a more perfectionist aspect, where her need to figure out how something works can lead her to blow of social things that she happily promised to do yesterday! Sorta like a reflection of the two, heavily conflicted worldviews her parents each imposed on her. Her dad might've encouraged her to be the perfect hunting hunting machine (with an emphasis on 'perfect' and 'machine') while her mom put more emphasis on Vanilja just 'being herself'.

Or, something like that. It's kind of what I mean by my "Make the backstory around the personality" style of character creation.

Leodran

Morning everyone.

OOC thread is up here https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=245883.0

Feel free to post your characters there, but please send them to me in a PM as well and I'll consolidate things on the first page to keep it organized.

With regard to the system approach, I think we should use the system to give us some structure and keep the characters balanced.  I'm open to making small exceptions and house rules to accommodate good plot and general awesomeness though, so don't be afraid to ask if you're thinking of something that doesn't quite fit the rules as written.