Nova-Shaina 1x1 RP

Started by ShainaDean, September 08, 2013, 09:37:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ShainaDean

Arighty! What are some of your interests, in terms of storyline? I like everything from Fantasy and Supernatural to SteamPunk and Post-Apocalypse.

Thorneblood

Steam punk could be interesting, what kinda game did you have in mind?
I am weary of planning and toiling in the crowded hives of men; Heart weary of building and spoiling and spoiling and building again; And I long for the dear old river where I dreamed my youth away; For a dreamer lives forever, And a toiler dies in a day.

On/Off

ShainaDean

I don't care, honestly. Just trying to get things going. I joined the site for the role play aspect of writing, because I believe it's an excellent training tool. You can't get any better at writing if you aren't doing it, right? I figure we just pick a topic and see where it goes.

Supernova1

Quote from: ShainaDean on September 08, 2013, 09:54:16 PM
I don't care, honestly. Just trying to get things going. I joined the site for the role play aspect of writing, because I believe it's an excellent training tool. You can't get any better at writing if you aren't doing it, right? I figure we just pick a topic and see where it goes.

I am pretty open to anything, to be honest. The more creative the better. I have done Supernatural where my charrie has powers and where I am strictly human, but a hunter. I have done some post apocalyptic stuff, but can't promise I would consider myself amazing at it. lol
I wholeheartedly agree that we just pick something and go for it! See what we can inspire from each other!!
When nothing goes right...go left.

ShainaDean

Quote from: Supernova1 on September 08, 2013, 09:58:12 PM
I am pretty open to anything, to be honest. The more creative the better. I have done Supernatural where my charrie has powers and where I am strictly human, but a hunter. I have done some post apocalyptic stuff, but can't promise I would consider myself amazing at it. lol
I wholeheartedly agree that we just pick something and go for it! See what we can inspire from each other!!

Well, what better way to improve than by exploring the worlds you aren't familiar with, eh? So let's say...

A post-apocalyptic world. Following an unnamed catastrophe (for the purposes of just getting things started) our characters are living in a world that has been reduced to a barren wasteland... The once-magnificent cities have become abandoned ruins, populated by small communities of survivors who often find themselves at war over the precious resources that remain. Bandit gangs roam the streets, some of them seeking slaves, others killing anyone they find to loot them for supplies.

Sound like fun?

Thorneblood

Alright, we start it like this.

Spoiler: Click to Show/Hide
New Boston Train Station 1908

Refugees surged from the passenger cars as the train pulled into the station, curls of blue steam twisting around the stacks as the people shoved from the confinement and into a mass of soldiers en route to bases of the Second Civil War. Few of the fleeing people mingled among the paying passengers or the soldiers bound for death, but some, a tiny few remained within the station shuffling back and forth from nervous energies while others curled themselves against the closest wall and sought what peace they could.

"Loading" the Conductor bellowed, blowing a sharp whistle before he turned and headed back to his station. Soldiers grouped into units, shouldered packs and weapons, then quietly filed into the car and the twisting hands of fate bound for a life of tragic uncertainty. Other passengers, people of every walk of life and way, joined the good men and women already seated in the car until only a handful of soldiers and citizens remained upon the platform.

The thunder of the explosion deafens you as your body is thrown aside like a child's toy and all those are you tumble across the stone slab of the platform or slam wit a sickening thud into its walls. Fire, flashes of pain, the aching echo of an explosive detonated within close proximity still shaking your bones and forcing your ears to ring, you roll to your side and realize you are alive.

The sound of sirens above, the distant promise of explosions in the distance, the crumbling stone and steel of the platform offer few assurances that you will stay that way.

Pretty open free style system or do you wanna go all out and make the characters w/stats, etc?

I am weary of planning and toiling in the crowded hives of men; Heart weary of building and spoiling and spoiling and building again; And I long for the dear old river where I dreamed my youth away; For a dreamer lives forever, And a toiler dies in a day.

On/Off

Supernova1

Quote from: ShainaDean on September 08, 2013, 10:05:17 PM
Well, what better way to improve than by exploring the worlds you aren't familiar with, eh? So let's say...

A post-apocalyptic world. Following an unnamed catastrophe (for the purposes of just getting things started) our characters are living in a world that has been reduced to a barren wasteland... The once-magnificent cities have become abandoned ruins, populated by small communities of survivors who often find themselves at war over the precious resources that remain. Bandit gangs roam the streets, some of them seeking slaves, others killing anyone they find to loot them for supplies.

Sound like fun?

I am all up for giving it a shot! Sounds like fun! Who shall start us off on this most excellent adventure? :P

ShainaDean

Quote from: Supernova1 on September 08, 2013, 10:11:16 PM

I am all up for giving it a shot! Sounds like fun! Who shall start us off on this most excellent adventure? :P

Since I chose the topic, I'll take the first step and set the scene for us. :) Give me a few minutes to get it prepped, and we'll be on our way!

Supernova1

Quote from: ShainaDean on September 08, 2013, 10:13:46 PM
Since I chose the topic, I'll take the first step and set the scene for us. :) Give me a few minutes to get it prepped, and we'll be on our way!

Awesome, looking forward to it! If I do not get back to you this evening, I will most definitely have your response tomorrow evening!

ShainaDean

The ruined streets of Los Angeles were quiet in the warm twilight sun. A soft wind wound softly through the skeletal mounds of concrete and steel, gently stirring the cobwebs that had taken root since The Cataclysm came and the people died off. What had once been a small convenience store had become an empty tomb, nothing inside it but garbage and bones. A thick layer of dust covered the floor, undisturbed but for a single pair of small footprints.

Gina looked at the prints she'd left and sighed. I'll have to make sure I rub those out when I leave, she thought to herself. Lord knows if any raiders spot them, they'll do their damnedest to track me down.

She turned her attention back to the jumble of garbage that had once been the canned produce aisle. Wiping her hands on the legs of her cargo pants, the small, slim girl began rooting through the pile of refuse, searching for cans that might still contain edible food. A few moments and far too few cans later, she adjusted the pistol on her hip, brushed a strand of dirty blond hair back under her once-white bandana, and glanced nervously out the remains of a window at the dying light. Night was coming, and night was a bad time to be out.

Supernova1

Quote from: ShainaDean on September 08, 2013, 10:27:28 PM
The ruined streets of Los Angeles were quiet in the warm twilight sun. A soft wind wound softly through the skeletal mounds of concrete and steel, gently stirring the cobwebs that had taken root since The Cataclysm came and the people died off. What had once been a small convenience store had become an empty tomb, nothing inside it but garbage and bones. A thick layer of dust covered the floor, undisturbed but for a single pair of small footprints.

Gina looked at the prints she'd left and sighed. I'll have to make sure I rub those out when I leave, she thought to herself. Lord knows if any raiders spot them, they'll do their damnedest to track me down.

She turned her attention back to the jumble of garbage that had once been the canned produce aisle. Wiping her hands on the legs of her cargo pants, the small, slim girl began rooting through the pile of refuse, searching for cans that might still contain edible food. A few moments and far too few cans later, she adjusted the pistol on her hip, brushed a strand of dirty blond hair back under her once-white bandana, and glanced nervously out the remains of a window at the dying light. Night was coming, and night was a bad time to be out.

Music, laughter, a home cooked meal, friends, and a hot shower. These were all things Alexa missed horribly and not necessarily in that order. One moment she had been laughing and partying with her friends and the next thing she knew, she was learning how to survive on her own in a world gone completely mad. Well, not completely on her own. One friend had managed to survive with her, but even she was gone now. There was nothing like your own best friend willing to kill you over a can of fruit. Alexa eyed the mean looking cut along her abdomen before settling her dirty grey tee shirt back down over the top of her worn and faded jeans. She needed medical supplies desperately to get the cut cleaned and bandaged and even more important than that was the need for shelter. Darkness was descending on the war torn looking streets of Los Angeles. It didn't matter how tough you were, it was not safe to be on your own and wondering the streets.
     Alexa kept her eyes constantly moving as a slight wind blew eerily through the condemned buildings and mostly deserted streets. Picking her way over a few more piles of debris and what was left of a few human remains, plotting a course for what looked like a convenience store just a few feet away. She tucked her long locks back under the ball cap she wore and took the dagger from under the back of her shirt, just in case as she entered the non existent front door. Most raiders and loners opted for guns, but not Alexa. She found guns to be too bulky and loud for the most part. She had perfected sneaking up on anyone she needed to with little to no noise and there was no hope for the person she needed to protect herself from. Stepping quietly into the aisle that boasted of band aids and other such items, she moved silently down the aisle, listening carefully for any sign of movement other than her own.

ShainaDean

Quote from: Supernova1 on September 09, 2013, 06:01:26 PM

Music, laughter, a home cooked meal, friends, and a hot shower. These were all things Alexa missed horribly and not necessarily in that order. One moment she had been laughing and partying with her friends and the next thing she knew, she was learning how to survive on her own in a world gone completely mad. Well, not completely on her own. One friend had managed to survive with her, but even she was gone now. There was nothing like your own best friend willing to kill you over a can of fruit. Alexa eyed the mean looking cut along her abdomen before settling her dirty grey tee shirt back down over the top of her worn and faded jeans. She needed medical supplies desperately to get the cut cleaned and bandaged and even more important than that was the need for shelter. Darkness was descending on the war torn looking streets of Los Angeles. It didn't matter how tough you were, it was not safe to be on your own and wondering the streets.
     Alexa kept her eyes constantly moving as a slight wind blew eerily through the condemned buildings and mostly deserted streets. Picking her way over a few more piles of debris and what was left of a few human remains, plotting a course for what looked like a convenience store just a few feet away. She tucked her long locks back under the ball cap she wore and took the dagger from under the back of her shirt, just in case as she entered the non existent front door. Most raiders and loners opted for guns, but not Alexa. She found guns to be too bulky and loud for the most part. She had perfected sneaking up on anyone she needed to with little to no noise and there was no hope for the person she needed to protect herself from. Stepping quietly into the aisle that boasted of band aids and other such items, she moved silently down the aisle, listening carefully for any sign of movement other than her own.

Gina looked out at the fading sunlight, and decided she'd pushed it as far as she could. Hefting the small backpack that contained her meager supplies and the day's scroungings, she headed for the door, eager to make it back to her hideaway before full dark. Suddenly she paused. Her danger senses were tingling, and she couldn't figure out why...

It hit her like a hammer blow. Footprints! Gina backed herself towards a corner, away from the aisles of the store. Mine were the only prints here when I came in, she thought, berating herself for her inattention. How did I not hear them?!

She pressed herself against the wall, drawing the revolver at her hip and holding it up in front of her in a duelist stance. She strained her senses, but could hear nothing besides the pounding of her heart and her own ragged breathing. The terrified girl considered her options. There was only one set of tracks, which meant that it wasn't a raiding party. Whoever it was, they were alone, like her. Those evened her odds, in the event the person was a threat. When you were a 17-year-old girl, though, most people these days were a threat.

nGina steadied her breathing, the thumbed back the hammer on her revolver, mentally cursing herself the moment she did so. The hammer locked back with a CLI-CLACK that echoed in the silence of the convenience store.

Supernova1

Quote from: ShainaDean on September 09, 2013, 07:23:33 PM
Gina looked out at the fading sunlight, and decided she'd pushed it as far as she could. Hefting the small backpack that contained her meager supplies and the day's scroungings, she headed for the door, eager to make it back to her hideaway before full dark. Suddenly she paused. Her danger senses were tingling, and she couldn't figure out why...

It hit her like a hammer blow. Footprints! Gina backed herself towards a corner, away from the aisles of the store. Mine were the only prints here when I came in, she thought, berating herself for her inattention. How did I not hear them?!

She pressed herself against the wall, drawing the revolver at her hip and holding it up in front of her in a duelist stance. She strained her senses, but could hear nothing besides the pounding of her heart and her own ragged breathing. The terrified girl considered her options. There was only one set of tracks, which meant that it wasn't a raiding party. Whoever it was, they were alone, like her. Those evened her odds, in the event the person was a threat. When you were a 17-year-old girl, though, most people these days were a threat.

nGina steadied her breathing, the thumbed back the hammer on her revolver, mentally cursing herself the moment she did so. The hammer locked back with a CLI-CLACK that echoed in the silence of the convenience store.

If she believed in such things as God or the fates, she would be praying and thanking them right about now. But since she believed in neither she was grateful for the bandages, hydrogen peroxide, and the solitary bottle of water she did find. In truth the wound needed to be sewn shut, but the things necessary for that would most likely be even harder to find. At the age of twenty four, Alexa had lived more than her fair share in the past year since things had gone to hell. Some higher power, somewhere, was watching out for her because she truly shouldn't be alive right now. Trouble was something that managed to find her regardless of how hard she sought to stay away from it. She placed her dirty, barely white baseball cap on the shelf and let her long dark locks fall about her shoulders as she lifted her shirt and dumped a fair amount of water over the wound. The hiss of pain that escaped her lips might have given her away to raiders or anyone else nearby, however the loud click of a gun as the hammer was kicked back drowned out the sound.
    Picking up her dagger from the shelf she had placed it on, she lowered her tee shirt once more before moving quietly and quickly to the opposite end of the store from which she had heard the noise. She prided herself in her graceful silent movements as she came around the the back side of the shelving unit, her would be attacker with her back present. Alexa's friend Aria had once said her movements reminded her of a cat, but Alexa knew it was her years of being trained in dance under her mother's strict guidance.
    Without so much as a hint that Alexa was even in the store, she moved behind the young girl her hand slipping to tangle in her hair and pull the unsuspecting victim's head against her chest, the dagger perched against the shorter girl's throat. Even one slight movement would draw blood.

"You even so much as flinch, you are dead. How many of you are there?"

This close to sunset, only the most foolish traveled alone. Alexa wasn't about to make the mistake of thinking the two girls were alone in this building.

ShainaDean

((Her back is up against the wall haha. But since we can't access the edit button until we're approved, I'll roll with it.;)  ))

Gina froze, the revolver aimed up at the ceiling. The voice was female, and sounded young... Maybe she could be reasoned with.
"There's just me....I'm alone I swear it!" She said, trying to keep the fear out of her voice. Hopefully she was a loner like Gina, and not one of the girls who liked to hang around the bandit crews for protection.

"Just let go," she said, trying to keep her throat back away from the knife. "I'm not out to hurt anybody. I just need supplies! That's all! Your footprints just startled me!"

Supernova1

Quote from: ShainaDean on September 10, 2013, 11:24:22 PM
((Her back is up against the wall haha. But since we can't access the edit button until we're approved, I'll roll with it.;)  ))

Gina froze, the revolver aimed up at the ceiling. The voice was female, and sounded young... Maybe she could be reasoned with.
"There's just me....I'm alone I swear it!" She said, trying to keep the fear out of her voice. Hopefully she was a loner like Gina, and not one of the girls who liked to hang around the bandit crews for protection.

"Just let go," she said, trying to keep her throat back away from the knife. "I'm not out to hurt anybody. I just need supplies! That's all! Your footprints just startled me!"

{{Color completely out of it! The words were right in front of my eyes. I apologize for the slip..it will teach me to try and write while working on the work schedule as well! :o I shall reply tomorrow night and take special cautions to avoid being careless..:( Shame on me! I owe you a cookie or maybe a cupcake?   :D }}

Supernova1

Quote from: ShainaDean on September 10, 2013, 11:24:22 PM

{{Again, forgive me for missing such a monster detail! And thanks for rolling with it!}}

Alexa could easily discern the fear in the younger girl's voice, but that meant absolutely nothing to her, letting the girl go she quickly grabbed the gun before removing the knife from the girl's throat. She took several steps back to keep a safe distance between the two of them. As long as the girl she faced was definitely alone, then she would return the gun. Alexa simply had to be positive first. Though death seemed a far better way than the existence she now lived, there was something about suicide that didn't set well with her. And she certainly wasn't about to send someone out on their own without protection.
"You can have this back, as soon as I am finished with what I need to do. That way I am sure you are alone and not setting me up. You can't trust anyone these days and I am sure you can understand that."
Alexa looked towards the front of the broken and battered store, darkness descending quickly.
"On second thought, it looks like you and I will be sharing a space for the night, unless you want to brave the streets after dark and on your own?"
She arched a brow inquisitively, trying to catch the now weaponless girl off guard to see if she would slip and admit she wasn't alone.

ShainaDean

Quote from: Supernova1 on September 11, 2013, 06:15:46 PM

Alexa could easily discern the fear in the younger girl's voice, but that meant absolutely nothing to her, letting the girl go she quickly grabbed the gun before removing the knife from the girl's throat. She took several steps back to keep a safe distance between the two of them. As long as the girl she faced was definitely alone, then she would return the gun. Alexa simply had to be positive first. Though death seemed a far better way than the existence she now lived, there was something about suicide that didn't set well with her. And she certainly wasn't about to send someone out on their own without protection.
"You can have this back, as soon as I am finished with what I need to do. That way I am sure you are alone and not setting me up. You can't trust anyone these days and I am sure you can understand that."
Alexa looked towards the front of the broken and battered store, darkness descending quickly.
"On second thought, it looks like you and I will be sharing a space for the night, unless you want to brave the streets after dark and on your own?"
She arched a brow inquisitively, trying to catch the now weaponless girl off guard to see if she would slip and admit she wasn't alone.

Gina shook her head vigorous, several strands of hair falling loose from her bandana. Keeping her hands in the air, she took another step back, just to give herself some extra cut-and-run time in case she needed it. She was unarmed, except for a small folding knife in one of her cargo pockets, and that was a tool more than anything. The gun was her only real weapon.
"No way. That'd be crazy," she said said, glancing out the window.
"But staying here really isn't a great idea. Trust me, this is kind of one of my stomping grounds. This place has too many windows, and the bandit types like to cruise these old convenience stores looking for alcohol and cigarettes that nobody has found yet."

She moved slowly, pointing out the window.
"I have a safe house. It's not far, but it's pretty well hidden, and the only door locks from the inside. You can come with me I you like, but we'll have to leave now."