News:

Main Menu

Migrating Stingrays

Started by Spookie Monster, July 10, 2008, 05:32:28 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Spookie Monster

Measuring up to 6ft 6in across, poisonous golden cow-nose rays migrate in groups  -  or 'fevers'  -  of up to 10,000 as they glide their way silently towards their summer feeding grounds.

For a few more pictures and an article be sure to visit:

The great ocean migration... thousands of majestic stingrays swim to new seas

Spel
Like Elliquiy?
My ONs and OFFs
~ R.I.P., Cam ~ ~ R.I.P., Judi ~ ~ R.I.P., Steph ~

Sabby

They're off to finish the job...

Trieste

I would love to see a human plopped in the middle of the herd, so we could get an idea of the average size. Yes, they can be up to 2 meters ... but wouldn't it be cool to see it for comparison? :D

P.S. Here's one from the front - way cool.

P.P.S. Take a ride in the tunnel of love! *would totally be all about that for Valentine's Day or some such*

Spookie Monster

Great picture!  Thanks very much for linking to it. :)

Quote from: Trieste on July 10, 2008, 01:15:39 PMI would love to see a human plopped in the middle of the herd, so we could get an idea of the average size. Yes, they can be up to 2 meters ... but wouldn't it be cool to see it for comparison? :D

Mmm, agreed.  BUT I GET TO CHOOSE THE HUMAN!

Spel
Like Elliquiy?
My ONs and OFFs

Chat Noir

Seeing as Steve Irwin did it once, I say it's Terry Irwin's turn.

...too soon?
If you've been missing me please see my thread here.

"Sticks and stones may break my bones...
...but whips and chains excite me."

Ons and Offs
My Roleplays:
Dirty Little Secret|Mystery Men - Unsung Superheroes

Trieste

Greenthorn

And a pic of the underside!

Trieste

The dark spot so looks like a bellybutton...

Greenthorn

I just like how they look like they are...happy!  ;D

King_Furby

Question is, who is leading the stingray army. God that must be one bad ass stringray.

Spookie Monster

Great picture, Greenthorn!  Thanks! :)  He looks like he's asking for directions: "Excuse me, did you see about 10,000 rays pass by here?  Could you tell me which direction they were heading?  I'm really sorry -- I'm afraid that my alarm didn't go off this morning, so now I'm late..."

Quote from: King_Furby on July 26, 2008, 01:49:08 AMQuestion is, who is leading the stingray army. God that must be one bad ass stringray.

Don't say that too loudly, or we're liable to get a SCI FI Channel movie of the week about it by the middle of August!

Spel
Like Elliquiy?
My ONs and OFFs

Sabby