Nightwood Falls - Freeform Horror Based Game (Closed Until Sept!)

Started by Rel Mayer, September 26, 2014, 05:18:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Black Howling

Name: Micheal White

Character Type: Main Character

Physical Description: Micheal stands just under six feet tall, with an athletically toned body. He has only two tattoos, a cross on his left bicep and a rattlesnake on the underside of his right forearm. His typical tastes in clothes are simple, blue jeans and plain colored shirts. His taste in jackets runs more expensive, however, and it's very rare in the winter to see him off duty without a high quality leather jacket.

Personality: A rough exterior, and sarcastic wall of humor seems to surround Micheal. To most, this is often off putting enough that they don't try to dig much further. But, if they did bother what they would find would be the classic mister nice guy. One that has been burned enough times he hates that side of his personality.

History: Growing up, Micheal was always pushed to be the responsible sibling in the family. With his sister often in the clouds, his parents pushed him to protect and watch out for her. Lot of good that did him, especially after one night of cheering her up and she just took off and left. He honestly wasn't bothered then, times weren't bad. He attended medical school in the large town just outside, volunteering on his off times as a firefighter hoping it'd help him land a job. And it did, after two years of medical school packed with three as a volunteer, he was welcomed as a full time employee nearly right away. And that's when things got bad.

Sickness struck his family, and before long Micheal found his entire life turned upside down. Between his job and trying to play caretaker, he knew everything was gonna fall apart. Yet despite that, he wouldn't call his sister in to help any. He wasn't gonna do that to her, until of course their father died of an aneurysm, one supposedly linked to his time in the war. With his mother's health continuing to fall, and a good reason with his father, he tried reaching out to his sis. If bone marrow analysis could match it, his mother would have survivor benefits and the care she needed for the rest of her life.

Things, however, didn't go as he'd hoped. It was only after their mother was on her death bed that Micheal got a hold of Madison. He planned to lay into her soon after seeing her face, but couldn't bring himself to. Especially not with the situation of their mother. Even now, on their trip back from burying her he can't seem to release his emotions on the situation. He's angry, knowing had she been there this could have been prevented. But she's still his sister, and he feels he can't lay the blame on her. Little does he know, the town of Nightwood falls might just have other plans. A rest on the way home gone bad, and trapped with the last person he both loves and to a point loathes.

Quirks: Must have 2+ and be equal to Flaws. These are positive characteristics that can help your character survive. There is where you would list weapons.

• Medical Knowledge: Aside from being a trained and experienced paramedic, Micheal was a VERY good student. He knows more then just what his job requires. And with the knowledge of Emergency Medical, he can further put that to use with less then standard equipment.
  • Rough and Tumble: Micheal was always a rough kid, and that's only increased as he's grown older. Bare knuckle boxing was a favored sport as a child, and his life as a firefighter has gifted him with a lot of endurance and strength. As well as a more then basic concept of using melee weaponry, even if he doesn't know it.

Flaws: Must have 2+ and be equal to quirks. These are negative characteristics which could lead to harm for your character.

• Nice Guy: While often viewed as a merit, this is not something that's ever been a boon to him. He'll more often then not stick his neck out for others. This isn't even touching the medical oath he took when he became a parametric, one he takes very seriously.
  • Big Brother Complex: Micheal never stopped being big brother. He always has to take care of someone, or everyone if he thinks the situation calls for it. This can make him anything from endearing, to absolutely annoying. Especially when he thinks he should be in charge, because 'he knows best'.

Link your O&O: Linkage

Specify Ons: Up for most anything.

Specify Hard Offs: Nothing goes up his ass! Other then that, skies the limit.

Sexuality: Heterosexual

Content Level: Hell!!!

Death? Possibly, if discussed first and climatic to the story as a whole.

Face Claim?: Chris Evans

Roen

Hey, Gnothi and Howling, great looking characters! I've beeb waiting for another alpha male MC to show up, and a nice guy to boot! *grins* The dynamics should be interesting, two dominant guys with conflicting personalities.

I think Marcus might be able to relate more to Madison, having battled with a drug addiction recently himself.

Good luck on getting approved, though I doubt you'd need it :)

Come and Write with Me! (O/Os and Ideas)
Even the oldest of sights has a moment of rebirth.
-Nathan Alterman.

Rel Mayer

Little Note:

By this point - I think everyone should be approved. Even if we were in discussion about your character. :) So post it up in the approved characters or the approved monster thread - if you don't mind. :D

We're beginning to work on IC threads - so hopefully going to get the ball rolling on this very soon!

Caehlim

My home is not a place, it is people.
View my Ons and Offs page.

View my (new)Apologies and Absences thread or my Ideas thread.

Sindra

Also - we're posting our progress in the World Building so anyone who is curious can come take a peek.  It is a Work in Progress though  ;D

King Serperior

Added more female monsters for those who want a more feminine death dealers:  link

O/O's
A/A'sMonster Girl Palace
SFW Image Ideas for Scifi, Fantasy, Horror, and Steampunk Games! | My various characters, if you are curious! | I am a Rainbow Writer!
Post Rate: 1 post per game every 1-4 weeks on average  ||| I encourage any and all random PMs.

Rel Mayer

Quote from: King Serperior on October 02, 2014, 07:08:43 AM
Added more female monsters for those who want a more feminine death dealers:  link

You know, for people who are not at their max cap of two monsters - we could always use a few more. :) Would definitely use those links that KS has provided to make a monster!

Devilyn Sydhe

Name: Alexander Vernon

Character Type: Knowing

Physical Description: Picture pretty much tells his story, short black hair, blue eyes, no other distinguishing marks.  He stands right at 6ft and keeps himself in relatively good shape for approaching middle age.

Personality: Alexander is a task master of a prof, extremely hard to please as he demands his students give 110% both in and out of class.  A quick smile can often be seen flashing as he overhears complaints over his rigorous research demands.  He does have a few near disciples dedicated to learning that have worked their way into his better graces though none would be truly safe if faced with the beast behind those blue eyes.  Beyond that sense of superiority and intellect lies a cruel lust for the pain and suffering of others, an acquired taste likening the sounds of such screams and cries to the finest symphonies.

History: Alexander was raised the only child of Conrad Vernon, CEO of Eastern Airlines, and his wife in a highly affluent area of Hartford, Connecticut.  Despite being extremely comfortable financially, Xander heard a different calling from an early age.  What most children would consider nightmarish seemed to instead draw him in, beckon him to learn more.  Just after his 21st birthday, his parents perished in a never explained fire aboard their modest yacht leaving him an extremely healthy inheritance which he used to travel after graduation from college.  He soon found himself in Egypt where he discovered a true talent for translating ancient texts and began fervent research into many forbidden writings.  That voice in his mind was growing ever stronger, the pull to return to the States finally getting the best of him and causing him to settle in Nightwood Falls.

Upon his return, Xander went back to school, earning his teaching degree and meeting his first wife, Marcia.  He had brought back with him a small chest that he explained to his bride was off limits, boring old trinkets she wouldn't appreciate anyway.  Curiosity has a terrible way of grinding on the mind though Marcia remained strong for a few years.  They had a seemingly normal life, though Xander grew more and more distant even as she gave birth to two beautiful children.  The day then came as it likely had to when Marcia just had to discover his fascination with that damned trunk.  She thought Xander was at the university but something had warned him, told him to rush home.  He arrived just in time to see Marcia's horrified expression.  In that instant, the message that had been eating away at his brain all his life finally clicked.  Marcia began gathering their children while screaming at Xander about how sick he was, how she would be informing the authorities.  Xander remained deathly calm.  He was now in the Know.  Several days later, Marcia's car was pulled from the lake with three bodies inside.  Xander took the 'tragedy' in stride, throwing himself into his work until the day he met her.

Isabella Chung, Bella, Dark child...No one could suspect one so sweet would be so deliciously deadly.  Xander saw that gift, however, something about her that seemed so familiar even at first sight.  He knew she would understand, embrace the darkness he might offer.  That which lay within the trunk was soon shared with Isabella, much to the dismay of a young female runaway.  Xander offered the slut's exquisite screams to Bella almost as a form of foreplay.  That night became the first of unbridled passion as that dead glassy stare looked on.  Those were stolen moments as they remain to this day.  He still remembers her offer of her family for sacrifice, that smile as the slaughter took place, and the love they made in the bloody remains.  Xander still savors their times together as he carries on the facade of taskmaster, research filling his more personal moments as he seeks a way to fully ovrrtake humanity.

Quirks: Must have 2+ and be equal to Flaws. These are positive characteristics that can help your character survive. There is where you would list weapons.

• Ancient Egyptian trunk-small trunk filled with antique torture devices(pears, clamps, etc)
  • Dedicated-Once Alexander sets his mind to solving a problem, he becomes bulldog determined

Flaws: Must have 2+ and be equal to quirks. These are negative characteristics which could lead to harm for your character.

• Arrogant-He has a way of putting people off by seeming to think he is better than most
  • Not mechanically inclined-Fully an academic, he has little idea how to fix even the simplest machines

Link your O&O:

Specify Ons: Inflicting pain and suffering, electric shock, knife play, breath play, gore

Specify Hard Offs: Be Specific - Opening this char to anything though I haven't played all the categories, interested to see where things go

Sexuality: Heterosexual

Content Level: Normal/Nightmare/Hell - Give 'em Hell!

Death? (Y/N) Degree of Death? (Normal, Nightmare, Hell): Hell yes...I mean Yes, Hell

Face Claim?: Michael Fassbender

Etherealgirl

King Serperior

Name:  Andrew Savage

Character Type: Knowing

Occupation:  Rich Eccentric Gentleman; Weapons Enthusiast/Collector

Physical Description: Standing at 5'9" and weighing in at 170lbs, Andrew is a lean man who looks easily ten years younger than he actually is and can move like a man half his age.  He seems to always have a judgmental look on his face and has a somewhat icy stare.

Personality: Sometimes cold and impersonal and sometimes warm and eager to share a drink, Andrew is a man of many faces.  He is seen as quite eccentric by many as he often keeps to himself.  He tends to watch from across the room, judging people for things they did, didn't do, or might do.  This leaves him a hard man to crack by many.  However, he isn't above using his silver tongue and his wealth to get what he wants when he wants it.  It's pretty difficult to get under his skin as he has no known family still alive.

History: Andrew first appeared in town almost twenty years ago with barely anything to speak of other than a few deep pockets.  From then on, he built a nicely-sized home complete with high walls and tight security.  He became a mystery to the town, despite throwing yearly parties and donating to just about every charity and business in town.  Eventually, he became known as the town's enigma, but one that was extremely generous with his wealth. 

This wealth's source became a mystery to the townsfolk, but anyone nosy quickly found themselves at dead ends.....and those that continued to search tended to have horrible accidents that sometimes led to death.  Of course, there were no traces back to Andrew, not a one.  So, after a while, the interest in his wealth seemed to wane and disappear.  Despite this, there were still questions.....

Andrew's wealth allowed him to build a secret basement underneath his home where he stored his collection of antique weapons, ranging from pistols to swords to axes.  He has modern weapons though and anyone entering the home would see many exotic trophies of animals from around the world.  This was the typical rich man actions of showing off his various prizes.  However, there was a darker undertone to Andrew's life in the town.

Early in his life in the town, less than a year since he stepped foot, he became a member of the Knowing.  He had a position of power and wealth that could fuel the Knowing's traditions, experiments, and protect their secrets.  Not even the Knowing knew where he received his wealth, but it didn't matter as long as he had a lot of it.  After becoming a member of this secret group, Andrew made another secret room underneath his weapons room.  It was a torture chamber that connected to a small tunnel that connected to the mansion.  This would allow members of the Knowing to travel secretly from one side of the town to the other without attracting suspicion.

• Weapons:  Andrew has a vast collection of antique weapons dating back to when swords were the standard armament.  He also has ancient guns that date up to the American Civil War.  Each of these weapons are in perfect condition and are ready for use at any time.  Andrew also has a high-caliber hunting rifle of which he has used on more than a few safaris.  Beyond that, he has no other weapons (and none that he keeps on his person besides a knife), despite the fact that he knows how to use every one of the weapons in his collection.
  • Unruffled:  Andrew could be chased by the most horrific creature imaginable and he wouldn't panic or break a sweat.  He knows that when his time comes, it will come.  Until then, why hurry?  Why chance hastening his own death?

• Overconfident:  Andrew feels that he can overcome any situation possible with the right planning and attitude......which can lead to him staying too long in a dangerous situation as he believes he's not yet ready to die.
  • Sacrificial:  His very nature means that he will sacrifice others for the sake of his own survival.  He has no remorse and the first viewing of this could lead to people putting distance between him and them, leaving him alone outside of the Knowing.

Link your O&O: Link

Specify Ons: I doubt there will be many sexual situations, but in the case that there are, Andrew loves to rape women, especially anally as that is the last frontier a woman tends to face.

Specify Hard Offs: No Scat please.  Other than that, please PM me your intentions beforehand.

Sexuality: Straight, cold, and dominant.

Content Level: Nightmare with a sprinkling of Hell mixed in occasionally.

Death? (Y/N) Degree of Death? (Normal, Nightmare, Hell):  Yes, Hell, and I would prefer him taking down whatever's killing him when it comes to it.

Face Claim?: Kevin Bacon

O/O's
A/A'sMonster Girl Palace
SFW Image Ideas for Scifi, Fantasy, Horror, and Steampunk Games! | My various characters, if you are curious! | I am a Rainbow Writer!
Post Rate: 1 post per game every 1-4 weeks on average  ||| I encourage any and all random PMs.

Rel Mayer

>:)

Love love loving these new characters. I sent them to Sindra and Stragefate for approval and will be getting back to you shortly!

Kaleb: Are you planning on doing a monster?

King Serperior

Quote from: Rel Mayer on October 02, 2014, 01:09:09 PM

Love love loving these new characters. I sent them to Sindra and Stragefate for approval and will be getting back to you shortly!

Though you are asking him, I am leaving my second monster slot open because, I want to leave the possibility of this man becoming one after his 'death'  ;)

Glad you're enjoying Mr. Savage though  :3

O/O's
A/A'sMonster Girl Palace

Devilyn Sydhe

Quote from: Rel Mayer on October 02, 2014, 01:09:09 PM

I think i might hold off on the monster for a little bit, it looks like we already have some amazing creatures to terrorize things.

Just making sure, but are the Knowing allowed to go after the victims too?  Looks like there could be alot of fun to be had

Rel Mayer

Quote from: KalebHyde on October 02, 2014, 01:20:56 PM

I think i might hold off on the monster for a little bit, it looks like we already have some amazing creatures to terrorize things.

Just making sure, but are the Knowing allowed to go after the victims too?  Looks like there could be alot of fun to be had

Ohhhh yes... yes they are.

>:) I imagine Isabella and Xander having some really interesting fun with some victims.

Lynnette

I think I'll have to re-sign from this game for now, my hype has kind of died as other stuff has popped up, sorry.
I'm available on Discord!
Feel free to message me if you want to chat
Lynnpai#4726

My O/O     My guide to set up a home server and Plex
My request thread

Rel Mayer

Quote from: ReaperDouble0 on October 02, 2014, 01:45:14 PM
I think I'll have to re-sign from this game for now, my hype has kind of died as other stuff has popped up, sorry.

No worries! :) The door is always welcome when your muse returns!

GnothiSeauton

I think I just died a little looking at some of the appealing character pictures in some of the sheets posted above...
If I can't have you, my love...  I'll destroy you
~World Building Workshop ~ Current Ideas and Requests  ~
~ Preferences ~ Status  ~ Nightmares and Inspirations~
~Gnothi's Stories Without Homes~
A reader lives a thousand lives before he dies... The man who never reads lives only one.

Seeking New Stories

Rel Mayer

Quote from: GnothiSeauton on October 02, 2014, 01:47:59 PM
I think I just died a little looking at some of the appealing character pictures in some of the sheets posted above...

Nightwood Falls is classic horror movie. With all the sexy peeps ever.

Fetwick

Sometimes I'm like, "Oh. I should totally make a monster!" But then I'm like, "I have a short attention span when it comes to group Rps. Stick to dying." Sigh.

TeacupTwink

What? We have straight boys now too?  ::) I guess changing the name to Rainbow Valley Falls can't happen now.

Not that it was going to or I made a wooden sign to stick out front or anything.... with smiley-faced daisies and a squirrel in a sunhat... I didn't do that at all!  :'(

Roen

Quote from: TeacupTwink on October 02, 2014, 02:53:39 PM
What? We have straight boys now too?  ::) I guess changing the name to Rainbow Valley Falls can't happen now.

Hehe, yeah, it's so sad. So many handsome straight men *pouts* And a whole bunch of women >_>

*shrugs* Well, LGBT friendly doesn't mean LGBT designated, I suppose.

-Nathan Alterman.

TeacupTwink

Quote from: Roen on October 02, 2014, 03:03:17 PM
Hehe, yeah, it's so sad. So many handsome straight men *pouts* And a whole bunch of women >_>

*shrugs* Well, LGBT friendly doesn't mean LGBT designated, I suppose.

It doesn't, I knew that from the beginning. It's funny how it was going that way though. Lol I prefer it this way honestly though.

Roen

Quote from: TeacupTwink on October 02, 2014, 03:26:19 PM
It doesn't, I knew that from the beginning. It's funny how it was going that way though. Lol I prefer it this way honestly though.

Haha, less competition, yeah?  ;D

-Nathan Alterman.

TeacupTwink

Quote from: Roen on October 02, 2014, 04:08:14 PM
Haha, less competition, yeah?  ;D

Lol no, pretty-boy smash games get old. It's why I dropped out of a few.

Seriously though, who could compete with my boys that they wouldn't have a chance with anyway?  ::)

Roen

Marcus. When it comes to sexy, you can't beat a handsome ex-con.

-Nathan Alterman.