Eberron: Age of Worms (Pathfinder) - Full

Started by TheKhan, February 10, 2012, 01:02:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

TheKhan

Eberron: Age of Worms

Home is where the heart is. Whoever said that clearly didn't come from Diamond Lake. Perched on the edge of the Whisper Woods, sludge from the copper, iron and tin mines now fills the lake after 102 years of war, an excellent metaphor for the corruption of this place's soul. Almost all of the thousand strong members of this community wish to leave, but do not have the wealth to do so. So when a letter comes,  addressed to you by the local sage, Allustan, asking you to meet him at the abandoned mine overseer's office, an hour out of town, for a proposal that could lead to the discovery of lost treasure within the cairns of the woods, you jump at it. Anything to escape this wretched hive...

PC 1: Garrett Cartwright - Human Fighter- Shihong
PC 2: Osara Achærruš - Elf Sorcerer - Brandon
PC 3: Acanthus Hollyhock - Half-Elf Witch - Katina Tarask
PC 4: Corina Brightsmith - Human Cleric - Muse
PC 5:
PC 6:

Character Selections: I will take 5 to 6 characters on a modified first-come-first-served basis. The way I'm going to pick is by looking at the role each character fills. This campaign was designed assuming that party undertaking it is fairly balanced. I will only take characters with a completed character sheet and background, although I suggest you hold off on backgrounds until we know which area the adventure begins in. If I feel that a submitted character is not a good fit for the other characters in the party either in their role or in their background I will say so and why. You are free to modify an existing character for resubmission or create a new character until the adventure begins.

System: Pathfinder
Experience: 200 EXP (level 1)
Gold: 300 Galifers (GP)
Piazo books: All Pathfinder
WotC books: All Eberron. Tome of Magic and the 3.5 splat books, Draconimacon, Liber Mortis, Lords of Madness, Fiendish Codexes, Heroes of Horror & Battle and Spell Compendium. Anything included in Keith Baker's Dragonshards are also fair game. Other 3.5 will be considered provisionally, but there's just so much of it.
3rd Party books: Dreamscarred Press' Psionics Unleased and Psionics Expanded.
Classes: No Gunslinger. Any other Pathfinder classes are okay (including Psionics). The  Binder, Shadowcaster and Truenamer from Tome of magic are also allowed.
Races: Core (human, dwarf, elf, gnome, half-elf, half-orc, halfling), Eberron (changeling, kalashtar, shifter, warforged), goblin, hobgoblin, kobold, kenku. See house rules for racial updates to Pathfinder for non-core races.
Alignment: Non-Evil, Good preferred
Build: 25 point buy

House Rules:

Goblins and Hobgoblins: While the Dhakaani have not ruled for millennia, their martial culture has left an indelible imprint upon all goblinoids of Khorvaire. These races treat regular and heavy flails a simple weapons. Goblins change their racial modifiers to -2 Str, +4 Dex.

Kobolds: Change racial adjustments to -2 Str, +2 Dex, +2 Int

Changelings and Kalashtar: These races gain +2 to one ability score of the player's choice at character creation.

Shifters: Shifters have the following changes-

+2 Dexterity, +2 Wisdom, –2 Charisma: Shifters are agile and perceptive, but also bestial.

Shifting (Su): A shifter can tap into his lycanthropic heritage to gain short bursts of physical power. Each shifter has one of ten shifter traits—characteristics that manifest themselves when a character is shifting. Each shifter trait typically provides a +2 bonus to one of the character’s physical ability scores (Strength, Dexterity, or Constitution) and grants some other advantage as well. Shifter traits are described in the following section.

Shifting is a free action and can last for a number of rounds equal to 4 + the shifter’s Constitution modifier. Temporary increases to Constitution such as those gained from bear's endurance do not increase the total number of rounds that a shifter can maintain shifting per day. A shifter can take feats to improve this ability. These shifter feats are described in Eberron Campaign Setting and Races of Eberron.

Every shifter feat a character takes increases the duration of his shifting by 2 rounds. So, a character with two shifter feats can shift for a number of rounds equal to 8 (instead of 4) + the shifter’s Con modifier.

Shifting, though related to and developed from lycanthropy, is neither an affliction nor a curse. It is not passed on by bite or claw attacks, and a shifter can’t be cured—shifting is a natural ability for the race.

Shifter traits themselves remain unchanged.

Warforged:
Ability modifiers become +2 Con, +2 Int, -2 Wis. Warforged are tough and swift learners,  but their quick maturation often means they lack common sense.

Initiative: I use a version of initiative where everyone roles Init, but then the first person to post each round acts at the highest Init rolled, the second at the next highest and so on. I find this speeds up combat considerably.

Shadowcaster:
http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=110616&highlight=Pathfinder+Shadowcaster+%5BP.E.A.C.H.%5D

Truenamer:
http://paizo.com/paizo/messageboards/paizoPublishing/pathfinder/pathfinderRPG/conversions/pathfinderTruenamer&page=1

Additionally, the DC for speaking a creature's Truename is equal to 15+creature's CR+creature's Cha modifier

Ershin

Just thought I'd express interest in this, especially due to the mention of both Psionics being a thing which is permitted and the Eberron setting (which I'm admittedly a little rusty on, so research is currently ongoing to make an adequate background). As you're asking those interested in where they'd like to start, may I put a vote down for Aundair?

Katina Tarask

Interested, though I'd have to see the details.  My vote is for not-Shadow Marches.

Callie Del Noire

TheKhan

I can certainly provide more details, although I cannot give exact background information until I know which region we will begin in. If you. Want some vague info, you can look it up in the Age of Worms Overloaded document.

info moved to the first post

Brandon

Im also very interested in the game. Age of worms is one of those that Ive never had the pleasure to play

Ill have to hold off on any detailed character ideas till I know more about the setting. I am a complete Ebberon newb, only knowing about the Eldeen reaches so anything could be fine. Im thinking of a sorcerer with high social skills might be in order
Brandon: What makes him tick? - My on's and off's - My open games thread - My Away Thread
Limits: I do not, under any circumstances play out scenes involving M/M, non-con, or toilet play

TheKhan

That's okay Brandon. There will be options for more cloistered individuals that have less worldly knowledge so you don't have to bone up on everything.

Given the general preferences and familiarity, I'm going to go with Aundair as our starting point. You will begin in the town of Diamond Lake, north of Fairhaven on the edge of the Whispering Woods. More details to come in the morning.

Callie Del Noire

considering a human mage type from Sharn.. but I'm too bushed to do one up right now.

Muse

*Bows*  Well again, Khan.  :) 

I would be very excited to participate in this game if you'll have me.  :)

I have a number of concept's I could put forwards.  Could you please give me an idea of which of these would be most desirable? 

(Oh, and will you be bringing in the Artificer?) 

Arslan (CG Shifter Male Wilder 2)
--Arslan is born to a clan of shifter's--most of them with the Cliffwalk ability--who lived in high mountains for most of their history.  Immigrating to Sharn over a century ago, they found that they had a better head for heights than even the denizens of the City of Towers.  They gained reliable--though rarely gainful--employment crafting and maintaining the highest towers in the city. 
--A burly man with psionic abilties as well as shifting, Arslan was born without the Cliffwalk gift, but instead discovered that his ability to survive falls--and other forms of damage--was augmented by his phrenic gifts.  Where his father's generation had gone to war if they wished for a more prosperous life, he determined to make his fortune as an adventurer.  After saving for several years, he purchased a chain shirt, a crossbow, and a variety of climber's tools, with which he set out in search of adventure.  More an extreme explorer than a combatant, Arlsan is equaly able as a sniper and a knfie fighter, who grows truly devastating when shifting.  Slowly he is developing his phrenic abilities towards the day when they will be a true danger to his foes. 

Corina ap'Orien:  (Human Female cleric of Dol'Arrah): 
--A dragonmarked member of the House of Passage, Corina used to serve her house as a messenger, using Dol'arrah's gifts to deliver messages into perilous places.  In recent years, she has had a falling out with her house as it's polotics threatened to alienate her from her goddess, and she now seeks to do Dol'arrah's work as a sort of knight-errant for the church. 

Bishop or Rook:  I would gladly bring either of these warforged fighters to the table.  Bishop is a sniper, Rook a front line type with a bastard sword.  They're both rather cheerful by the standards of their newborn race. 

I'm not sure what his name is but my last concept is also a WAr Forged, this one an artificer with a fighter level.  All three war forged concepts gained their first levels at the end fo the Last War. 
A link for all of us who ever had a shouting match with our muse: http://www.ted.com/talks/elizabeth_gilbert_on_genius.html

How to set this Muse ablaze (O/Os)

When the little angel won't appear no matter how many plum blossoms you swirl:  https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=135346.msg16474321#msg16474321 (Major update 5/10/2023)

TheKhan

Everyone: just a heads up while I finish fleshing out he background... Diamond Lake is real small town Aundair, and a mining town too bout. It is unlikelt foreigners or adventures would be there without good reason. Now, we can come up with those reasons, but I want to make everyone alive to the fact you will most likely be playing villagers trying to find find their fortune to get out of the town.

Muse: Corina would be a good fit, a wandering cleric is exactly the type to end up in Diamond Lake.

I would like to bring in the Artificer somehow, but I's still debating how is best. I'm thinking of just replacing craft reserve with the alchemist's bombs.

Muse

Quote from: TheKhan on February 11, 2012, 07:01:54 AM
Muse: Corina would be a good fit, a wandering cleric is exactly the type to end up in Diamond Lake.

I would like to bring in the Artificer somehow, but I's still debating how is best. I'm thinking of just replacing craft reserve with the alchemist's bombs.

That would be awesome!  I'll try to make you one of each.  ;)  (As in, Cornia and an artificer.) 
A link for all of us who ever had a shouting match with our muse: http://www.ted.com/talks/elizabeth_gilbert_on_genius.html

When the little angel won't appear no matter how many plum blossoms you swirl:  https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=135346.msg16474321#msg16474321 (Major update 5/10/2023)

TheKhan

Everyone: I've updated my initial post with the plot hook and the mechanical details. If you want to get started with your characters, feel free, although I do have a few more updates still coming later today to flesh out diamond lake a little bit more.

Muse: Sounds good. I'd definately focus on Corina though. You need a cleric in this adventure path. You don't need an artificer.

Edit: Here is a map of Diamond Lake.

Crovonovin

Color me interested!  I've whipped up a character for your perusal.  Let me know if I've left anything out!

[Garrett Cartwright] - Ranged Fighter

TheKhan

Awesome looking character Shihong! Garrett will be great to take along.

Muse

Name: Corina Brightsmith
Alingment: LG
Class: Cleric
Race: Human

History:  It's been four generations since the Brightsmith family has had silver to work. 

14 +2   Strength
10 +0   Dexterity
14 +2   Constitution
10 +0   Intelegence
16 +3   Wisdom
16 +3   Charisma

HP   13

AC   15   (Scale +5)

+4   Fortitude
+0   Reflex
+5   Will

+0 Base Attack
+2 Melee
+0 Ranged
+2 CMB
12 CMD

Dagger
d4+2   Damage
19-20X2   Critical
10'   Range

Gauntlets
d3+2   Damage
20X2   Critical

Halberd
d10+3   Damage
   Critical

Class Abilities: 
Channel Energy 1d6 6/day
Domains: Sun, Tactics
Sieze Initiative 6/day (Tactics Domain)

Feats: 
Exclusive Channeling
Toughness

Skills: 
Diplomacy   1 +3 +3 +0 +0   =d20+7
Heal      1 +3 +3 +2 +0   =d20+9   Healer's Kit Charges 10
K. Religion   1 +3 +0   +0 +0   =d20+4
Sense Motive   1 +3 +3 +0 +0   =d20+7

Spells:
--Concentration d20+6
Orisons (DC 13)
--Create Water
--Guidance
--Light

1st Level (DC 14)
--Divine Favor
D. Endure Elements
--Shield of Faith

Talents: 
Focused Mind: +2 Concentration Checks
Midwife's Granaughter: +2 to Heal Tests, begin play with a free Healer's Kit. 

?   Armor
25   Holy Symbol, Silver
?   Weapons

Katina Tarask

I have a smithy witch in the works, though is there any chance I could talk you into making this gestalt?  Tends to make characters more mechanically interesting.

TheKhan

I'm afraid not, as the adventure path is in no way balanced for a gestalt campaign. I do, however, have a Harry Potter based gestalt campaign that I may run in the future if you are interested.

Katina Tarask

Gestalt actually doesn't destroy balance like you might think, but as you wish.  Though... I don't believe I'd care to see the Harry Potter campaign.

Ershin

I wonder if people would be weirded out if I requested to play a feminine Warforged Psion (A sheet for which is in the works over here, just needs some fine tuning and equipment).  A background story is being formulated inside my head as we speak. As House Cannith has a presence in Aundair, perhaps it was forged locally, near the end of the war, and as such has yet to see any actual combat? Not worked out why it has a feminine chasis though, unless it requested to be remodelled after the war.

TheKhan

Experimentation? Special request of patron who was later killed? Model of a lost love one? Living idol of female Saint or Hero? The list goes on.

My bigger question is... Why is she a psion?

Ershin

That's the easy part. Her creator believed the mind and the soul to be connected, and when news began to spread of Warforged throwing away their destiny and becoming autonomous weapons and gaining personalities of their own, he thought to utilise this new sense of self that might be described by some to be a soul to try and prove what he believed to be correct. Antikythera is built in such a way that when her peronality  or soul asserted itself, so too did psionic abilities, abilities he believed to be the greatest display of mental prowess.

TheKhan

A wee bit more information to help you folks out with your backgrounds...

Features & Folks of Diamond Lake

Personalities

Governor-Mayor Lanord ir'Neff: Lecherous and philanderous, the Governor-Mayor has held power for some time and has no intent of giving it up to the mining managers. Having been appointed to his rank by virtue of his heritage and a lack of other alternatives of a suitable age, the Governor-Mayor is lord over all lands within three kilometers of the Whispering Wood's southern borders. He does not possess his brother's wisdom, but he is darkly cunning, allowing him to do what he wants, when he wants.

Allustan: The local magewright, Allustan is Governor ir'Neff's brother. While far more honest and honourable that his older sibling, Allustan was apprenticed at Arcanix, served in the war and it has always be rumoured that his powers were far beyond that of an ordinary sage. This has given Lanord Neff the stability he needs to maintain power, as no one dares move against one brother while the other draws breath.

Balaber Smenk: The new economic power in the town, Smenk is close to few and liked by even fewer. For the last ten years, he has driven his competitors out of business, then bought up their mines. He has even gone so far to devalue land near farms where he suspects there are metal deposits, driving the traditional Aundair staples into the ground before acquiring their assets and stripping the fertile land bare. By forcing anyone who opposes him into bankruptcy then offering to buy whatever's left for mere crowns to the galifer.

Chaum Gansworth: The most pragmatic of the mine managers, Gansworth has sided with no one in the battle for Diamond Lake's economy, despite his love of gold and ongoing relationship with Luzane Parrin.

Ellival Moonson: Somewhat mockingly called "The Prince" behind his back, Ellival is minor noble from Valenar who has invested heavily in the mines that surround the town. His motives, as well as his reasons for leaving his people's newly claimed kingdom, remain obscure, although a few of his kinsmen did accompany him on his journey north.

Glech ir'Tilgast: Once the dominant manager of Diamond Lake, Tilgast has steadily lost ground over the years to Smenk. He now uses what remains of his fortunes to fund an alliance of minor managers to try and take back economic control of the town.

Luzane Parrin: Parrin's mother was one of the first mine managers of Diamond Lake and they are a proud and well respected family around the town. As of late, however, they have fallen on hard times and their mines are struggling. She has been in a relationship with fellow manager Gansworth since the formal end of the war and she and Glech Tilgast are struggling to find a way to break Smenk's economic stranglehold on the town.

Ragnoulin ir'Dourstone: The Dwarven mine manager is perpetually bitter, and no one is under any illusions why.  His family's mines lie deep within what is now the Eldeen Reaches. Although he is the only manager who really challenges Smenk's dominance of Diamond Lake, he will tell anyone who will listen about he lost his fortunes to the traitors and how there is nothing he wouldn't do to regain is glory. No one doubts it, Dourstone easily matches Smenk in matters of duplicity.

Sheriff Cubbin: Perhaps the person who singly represents the decay of Diamond Lake the most, Cubbin's reputation for corruption, deceit and treachery is so widely know that appointment to sheriff last year was widely assumed to be prank on the Governor-Mayor's behalf until Cubbin started arresting people, often brutally.

Tolliver Trask: An aged veteran of the Last War, Captain Trask is the commander of the local garrison. He cares little of the politics of the town and encourages his men to keep out of the local businesses. His concern is ensuring that raiders from the Eldeen do not reach the town and while he is honest, little else matters to him.

Taskar d'Jorasco: Taskar maintains the largest Dragonmarked enclave in Diamond Lake, a house of healing. While his primary business is in healing injured miners, he also sees fairly brisk income from explorers who take unwise risks in the forests or the ruins contained within.

Tidwoad d'Kundarak and Lylanna Lyrriman d'Sivis: These two occupy the same building, the local bank. Staffed mostly by Sivis Gnomes but owned by House Kundarak, Tidwoad uses his dragonmark to ward the stored goods, while Lylanna uses hers to operate the speaking stone. The two could not be more different in personality, as the former is dour and solemn, while the latter will engage everyone in conversation as long as possible.

Churches

Chapel of Dol Arrah: While tiny and sequestered in the Diamond Lake garrison, Valkus Dun has done something amazing with his chapel to the sovereign of sunlight. Aside from the recently completed fresco of Dol Arrah in battle with The Mockery, he inspires the soldiers with a sense of responsibility and duty to the families and people of the town, while urging everyone to stand up to disreputable elements within the community (that is, almost all of them). It has created a great deal of tension with captain Trask, who wishes his men to only concern themselves with ensuring that no raiders sneak by them. While most of the town are lay-Vassals, who worship all of the Sovereigns, Dun himself is a Disciple of Dol Arrah, and worships only her. He is, however, respectful of the other Sovereigns, and will aid any of their followers who ask it of him.

Church of the Silver Flame: The largest formal religious group within the town, Diamond Lake's branch of the Church of the Silver Flame is decidedly Puritan in nature. Unlike some of the darker preachers in Aundair, Jierain Wierus does not single out anyone particular group, but claims that darkness is within the souls of all men and women and that constant vigilance, as well as penance, is required to keep it at bay. He leads his rapidly growing church in weekly flagellations, using his charismatic firebrand personality to preach honest, common sense and self-sacrifice. Of course, his detractors say that he also manipulates their fears, but he has always kept his congregation on the right side of the law, even if their practices raise eyebrows among the folk dedicated to the Sovereigns. 

Cult of the Restful Watch: A strange, but useful following, the Restful Watch reveres a fairly benign interpretation of Aureon and the Keeper. They believe that the two gods both protect powerful secrets and snatch snatch worthy souls away before they can be consumed by Dolurrh. Most of the town is leery about the green robed men and women's open worship of one of the Dark Six, however they tolerate it as the Restful Watch prevented lone Karrnathi agents from raising a battalion of undead from within the Boneyard more than once during the Last War.

Organizations

Ashbound: Diamond Lake has been plagued by a very small sect of Ashbound ever since the mines were opened. These druids and rangers typically use non-violent forms of protest and sabotage to waylay the community, but armed conflicts have been known to happen when the villagers become frustrated enough. Curiously, this sect does not care much for the damage being done to the forest by arcane magic, but by industry, and see the Mourning as a violent reaction to pollution by Eberron herself, much akin to anaphylactic shock.

Bronzewood Lodge: Not every druid joined the Wardens of the Woods in their secession from Aundair. While their ways are dying, a circle of Greensingers still tend the stone menhirs to the north of town, as well as a traveler's lodge about a kilometer out of town and a distant grove enigmatically called the Twilight Monastery. The head adept, Nogweir, is struggling to keep his three dozen lodgemember's focus on maintaining their traditional ways rather than joining the Ashbound in their rebellion.

Cyrian Refugees: Refugees of the Mourning are few this deep into the Aundairian heartland, however, over the past few months, more and more have been passing through. Some were resupplying, some looking for work and a few even have contracts for the mine managers bearing the seal of the Queen. According to rumors, she has begun a new initiative to create an autonomous home of the Cyrians at Desolate, in the Demon Wastes, which has already gained the new moniker of Redhand. These contractors have come looking for raw supplies to support their new home.

TheKhan

Quote from: Ershin on February 11, 2012, 08:07:11 PM
That's the easy part. Her creator believed the mind and the soul to be connected, and when news began to spread of Warforged throwing away their destiny and becoming autonomous weapons and gaining personalities of their own, he thought to utilise this new sense of self that might be described by some to be a soul to try and prove what he believed to be correct. Antikythera is built in such a way that when her peronality  or soul asserted itself, so too did psionic abilities, abilities he believed to be the greatest display of mental prowess.

Excellent. Let me know once you've finished fleshing everything out so I can take a look.

Crovonovin

Thanks for the info, Khan!

I just have a quick question as it pertains to Garrett.  I assume that, as a member of the Town Watch/Guard, he would be answering to Sheriff Cubbin rather than being stationed at the Garrison.  Is that correct?

TheKhan

Quote from: Shihong on February 11, 2012, 09:56:18 PM
Thanks for the info, Khan!

I just have a quick question as it pertains to Garrett.  I assume that, as a member of the Town Watch/Guard, he would be answering to Sheriff Cubbin rather than being stationed at the Garrison.  Is that correct?

Bingo. He'd also be welcome among the Bronzewood Lodge, albeit grudgingly, since he worships Balinor.

I think you also need to put in Garrett's skill points.

Edit: Althought Garrett's likely the only watchman who hasn't been dishonourably discharged or drummed out of the Watch in Fairhaven or another large city.

Crovonovin

Ah, thanks.  I think I reset the sheet and forgot to allocate my lonely skill point.  Fixed that.  Also, he worships Boldrei (Goddess of the Hearth).

I must say I'm not exactly up to speed (some of) the world events going on at the point the game begins.  Why have guardsmen been discharged from larger cities in recent years?

TheKhan

No, reason, it happens on any police force. But Neff and Cubbin both recruit types that are more thugs and bullies than honest lawmen.

Crovonovin

Makes sense.  Garrett's probably pretty soured over the way the higher ups are managing things, but he's not the sort to make waves when his family is counting on his salary.

Brandon

Not knowing a thing about the setting, I wrote this up for Golarian. Figuring that the names could be interchangeable with places in Ebberon

Osara Achærruš
Name: Osara Achærruš
Race: Elf
Class: Sorceress (elemental bloodline)
Alignment: CG
Character sheet: http://plothook.net/RPG/profiler/view.php?id=9243

Personality: Osara puts up a front that says she doesn't care about anyone but herself, making her fit in perfectly in Riddleport. However the truth is she wants to be a good person but has never had the chance to be anything but a criminal.

She doesn't trust anyone when they first meet and its slow to gain her trust but she puts up a front of friendship and cooperation, always trying to stay one step ahead of others as she expects a knife in the back.

Her sorceress powers are something shes curious about but at the same time she doesn't want to know to much about them. They are both a boon and a bane making her utterly unique but also robbing her of the chance to be normal.

Background: Osara was born in Riddleport over a hundred years ago, she has no idea who her parents were because her earliest memories are of growing up in a small Pharasman orphanage. After a little over a decade she had enough of the rules and inevitable beatings she endured when she was anything less then perfect. So she escaped into Riddleport's streets and fell in with a bad crowd for the sake of survival.

She ended up running con's through the streets for a few decades and forming a criminal organization. The entire time watching the people around her growing older and it soon changed the dynamic as whenever someone passed that age of thirty or so they refused to take orders from a "kid". Eventually it lead to a coup d'état in her organization but the attempted assassination awakened her sorceress powers. After killing a few people and starting a massive wildfire that ravaged the city she let the survivors have what was left of her organization and disappeared into the shadows of time.

She laid low for over a decade, staying in hiding and coming out only to steal supplies. The rest of her time was spent deep underground practicing with her arcane powers to learn control over them. When she came out of hiding she had full control over her beginning powers and soon put them to use by using them to cheat in various games of chance all over the city. She was never caught but she earned herself a significant fortune over the years, nice enough to afford her a proper apartment instead of the hole she had spent the last decade in.

Now having spent over a century in Riddleport and having been wanted and declared dead at least a half dozen times Osara is looking for some legitimate work as she hopes and prays to find a better life.

Also, I didnt see it mentioned so I need to ask. Do we get any traits?
Brandon: What makes him tick? - My on's and off's - My open games thread - My Away Thread
Limits: I do not, under any circumstances play out scenes involving M/M, non-con, or toilet play

TheKhan

Quote from: Brandon on February 12, 2012, 11:48:06 AM
Not knowing a thing about the setting, I wrote this up for Golarian. Figuring that the names could be interchangeable with places in Ebberon

Osara Achærruš
Name: Osara Achærruš
Race: Elf
Class: Sorceress (elemental bloodline)
Alignment: CG
Character sheet: http://plothook.net/RPG/profiler/view.php?id=9243

Personality: Osara puts up a front that says she doesn't care about anyone but herself, making her fit in perfectly in Riddleport. However the truth is she wants to be a good person but has never had the chance to be anything but a criminal.

She doesn't trust anyone when they first meet and its slow to gain her trust but she puts up a front of friendship and cooperation, always trying to stay one step ahead of others as she expects a knife in the back.

Her sorceress powers are something shes curious about but at the same time she doesn't want to know to much about them. They are both a boon and a bane making her utterly unique but also robbing her of the chance to be normal.

Background: Osara was born in Riddleport over a hundred years ago, she has no idea who her parents were because her earliest memories are of growing up in a small Pharasman orphanage. After a little over a decade she had enough of the rules and inevitable beatings she endured when she was anything less then perfect. So she escaped into Riddleport's streets and fell in with a bad crowd for the sake of survival.

She ended up running con's through the streets for a few decades and forming a criminal organization. The entire time watching the people around her growing older and it soon changed the dynamic as whenever someone passed that age of thirty or so they refused to take orders from a "kid". Eventually it lead to a coup d'état in her organization but the attempted assassination awakened her sorceress powers. After killing a few people and starting a massive wildfire that ravaged the city she let the survivors have what was left of her organization and disappeared into the shadows of time.

She laid low for over a decade, staying in hiding and coming out only to steal supplies. The rest of her time was spent deep underground practicing with her arcane powers to learn control over them. When she came out of hiding she had full control over her beginning powers and soon put them to use by using them to cheat in various games of chance all over the city. She was never caught but she earned herself a significant fortune over the years, nice enough to afford her a proper apartment instead of the hole she had spent the last decade in.

Now having spent over a century in Riddleport and having been wanted and declared dead at least a half dozen times Osara is looking for some legitimate work as she hopes and prays to find a better life.

Also, I didnt see it mentioned so I need to ask. Do we get any traits?

I always forget about traits. Yes you get two.

The character looks interesting, she should be fairly easy to integrate. The interesting impact it will have on her is that she likely lived through all 102 years of the Last War, which makes it easier for her to lose her history and start over, but means she'll have seen some very nasty things in her time. I'd suggest she actually began her life in Regalport of the Lhazaar Principalities before coming to Aundair.

Katina Tarask

TheKhan

Quote from: Katina Tarask on February 12, 2012, 03:54:35 PM
A draft.

Only one nitpick... Even if she's a young adult half-elf, Arcanthus should be at least two to three years older. Other than that, looks great!

Everyone: Given that two of the three characters accepted so far are arcane casters, and we have both a psion and cleric on their way, I'd suggest that the last character be skill based. I will not be allowing any more primary casters.

Katina Tarask

Bumped ages up a couple years.  Swapped out Accursed Hex (which was useless without an appropriate hex) for Extra Hex: Slumber.

Brandon

Quote from: TheKhan on February 12, 2012, 04:37:58 PM
Only one nitpick... Even if she's a young adult half-elf, Arcanthus should be at least two to three years older. Other than that, looks great!

Everyone: Given that two of the three characters accepted so far are arcane casters, and we have both a psion and cleric on their way, I'd suggest that the last character be skill based. I will not be allowing any more primary casters.

For anyone looking into a skill monkey, i think its worth mentioning that Osara will pretty much be maxing all the conversation skills. So they dont have to worry about Bluff, Diplomacy, Intimidate, and sense motive

zengal

I'm really interested in this RP. But I have to ask: I'm not really at all familiar with the pathfinder setting [I've quite a bit of experience in the system itself though]. Would that still be okay? I can have a profile with all the stats and such ready by tonight, but I may need to research before doing background info. And I normally play skill monkeys first place, so no problem there. :p
...and I suppose any part of us that can only be seen by others is a Dark part.
I feel that about the small of my back, too, and the nape of my neck.
They are Dark: they are erotic zones as in the tropics whereas Paris is straightforward and bright about it all.
A coal miner has kind of a sexy occupation -- though I'm sure it's painful down there... but so is Lust.
Of Light we can never have enough but how would we find it unless the Darkness urged us on and into it.
I am Dark except, when -- now and then -- it all comes clear and I can see myself as others luckily sometimes see me in a good light.

Crovonovin

The game is going to take place in Eberron, so there's no need to research Pathfinder's setting (Golarion).

zengal

Oh~ well, I'm sorry to say my point still stands. I'm not used to too many D&D settings in general. ^^; But I am always willing to read up on it.
They are Dark: they are erotic zones as in the tropics whereas Paris is straightforward and bright about it all.
A coal miner has kind of a sexy occupation -- though I'm sure it's painful down there... but so is Lust.
Of Light we can never have enough but how would we find it unless the Darkness urged us on and into it.
I am Dark except, when -- now and then -- it all comes clear and I can see myself as others luckily sometimes see me in a good light.

Brandon

If you want to know more about Golarian I recomend this wiki. It has the most complete info that I know of (even more complete then the inner sea book)

Anyway, I know nothing about Ebberon myself and the GM assisted. I would say write what you can, add in names of places that may or may not exist (no campaign has every small village listed). Hopefully it will be interchangeable like mine was and he can give some ideas of where to put it

TheKhan

What they said. Eberron has it's own aspects that make it unique, but you should pick up on it pretty quick. The biggest impact it will have on your background is that the whole continent has been in a civil war for the last 102 years. Otherwise do your best and we should be able to make it work.

Although, if you want something quick to read and get some background, take a look here. All of those articles are written by Eberron's creator and give a lot of detail in a surprisingly short space.

Brandon

You know thats something that just boggles my mind. In fantasy settings we hear about these 50 year to 100 year long wars that are supposed to have fighting going on nearly the whole time. Maybe its because I was a soldier but I cant fathom how that would work without extremely long cease fires like North and South Korea have going on right now. You would waste so much material and personel that you couldnt fight with any effectiveness

BraveEarth

Quite, although I would wonder how the effects of magic and defending against monsters and such have for the fighting. Technically only 3 characters have been Accepted right TheKhan?

Katina Tarask

Quote from: Brandon on February 12, 2012, 10:31:13 PM
You know thats something that just boggles my mind. In fantasy settings we hear about these 50 year to 100 year long wars that are supposed to have fighting going on nearly the whole time. Maybe its because I was a soldier but I cant fathom how that would work without extremely long cease fires like North and South Korea have going on right now. You would waste so much material and personel that you couldnt fight with any effectiveness
Well, armies of tireless robots help with the personnel issues.

zengal

Funny thing, Brandon, I was using the exact wiki.
And thanks for the link, TheKhan. It looks nice and organized. :3

Anyways, turns out I didn't finish the sheet because I took my meds too early and now the drowsiness is kicking in, but I should be able to finish up later.

Brandon

Quote from: Katina Tarask on February 12, 2012, 10:46:18 PM
Well, armies of tireless robots help with the personnel issues.

For some reason i just got the idea of a harem of insatiable female warforged waiting for me :P

More seriously, this would hurt resources much more quickly if you were essentially trading them for people. It may be even less sustainable and I only say may be because there might have been a large surplus in materials

Callie Del Noire

I'd like to do Eberron again.. but for the life of me I can't come up with a character I like.

BraveEarth

I think I have an idea and want to work on a character sheet but this is not a skill based character... Basically She is the newborn Half-Elf child of Diamond Lake's Bowyer/Fletcher (Mother) who while knows the skill has no desire to live her days in Diamond Lake and hates how decayed and corrupt the people in charge are, so she sees a Sword for hire as a way out and a way for her to move on to carve a path in life.

TheKhan

Quote from: BraveEarth on February 12, 2012, 10:41:13 PM
Quite, although I would wonder how the effects of magic and defending against monsters and such have for the fighting. Technically only 3 characters have been Accepted right TheKhan?

Technically yes, but since they both have fully completed character sheets and have run their character concepts past me, I would be remiss to bump either of them while there is still another slot to fill.

Katina Tarask

Quote from: Brandon on February 12, 2012, 11:52:19 PM
For some reason i just got the idea of a harem of insatiable female warforged waiting for me :P

More seriously, this would hurt resources much more quickly if you were essentially trading them for people. It may be even less sustainable and I only say may be because there might have been a large surplus in materials
Of course, when you can open a gate to the elemental plane of earth to make a new iron mine...

Muse

England and France fought a war for 1337 to 1453 over the french throne.  I'm not sure how continuous that war was, but historians think of it as all one war. 

Say Kahn, are you liking Corina so far? 

TheKhan

Background, good sir, give me some background. Mechanically she looks good.

Muse

Thank you.  Wanted to check before i wrote her all out.  :) 

TheKhan

Quote from: BraveEarth on February 13, 2012, 03:16:51 AM
I think I have an idea and want to work on a character sheet but this is not a skill based character... Basically She is the newborn Half-Elf child of Diamond Lake's Bowyer/Fletcher (Mother) who while knows the skill has no desire to live her days in Diamond Lake and hates how decayed and corrupt the people in charge are, so she sees a Sword for hire as a way out and a way for her to move on to carve a path in life.

That certainly could work. As Acanthus is a half-elf born to a human and elf, I'd be ok with doubling up on races if yours was a purebred half-elf, since one of the quirks of Eberron is that half-elf's are generally bornfrom the union of two half-elves, so they have their own unique culture, which conveniently is described in the dragonshard archieve I linked to previously.

Muse

Name: Corina Brightsmith
Alingment: LG
Class: Cleric
Race: Human

History:  It's been four generations since the Brightsmith family has had silver to work.  With the mine’s repurposed too service the war and their family having no foot in the door with steel, they were forced into the tin industry.  Dale Brightsmith is the current head of the family, strong and hard working with honest hands and a pure  heart, he won the love of Sari the midwife’s daughter—a highly sought bride throughout the town. 
   Sari’s father was away at war when she bore her son Corinthian, and still gone when she bore Corina two years later.  Ever a strong and free spirited woman, Sari nurtured her family ‘til her daughter was weaned, then took up a halberd and went in search of her father.  Neither were ever seen again, but her mother would still have a vital influence on Corina’s life. 
   Corina spent most of her life apprenticed to her grandmother, learning the arts of healing and midwifery, the use of herbs and gentle words to heal the world’s ills.  She was a tall and strong girl, healthy and wise, and promised to grow into her mother’s beauty.  Given as her family was to the faith of the Sovriegn Host, Corina had long felt drawn to the teachings of Dol Arrah.  At the end of the war, a war forged released from service paid them a visit.  It explained that it had served in the same regiment as Sari Brightsmith--a paladin of Dohl Arah—and her father.  Both had survived the bulk of the war and spoke of returning home to discover what had become of her children, but died in one of the final battles.  The war forged presented Cornia with her mother’s halberd.  After three weeks learning of her mother from the war forged, Corina took the halberd to the Chappel of Dol Arrah, took orders, and completed an apprenticeship in a year.  Her father fears for her, but also loves her very much.  Aquiring some of the last silver in the mines, he has worked it into a holy medallion for his daughter, and he presented it to her on her 17th birthday. 

14 +2   Strength
10 +0   Dexterity
14 +2   Constitution
10 +0   Intelegence
16 +3   Wisdom
16 +3   Charisma

HP   13

AC   16   (Breastplate +6)

+4   Fortitude
+0   Reflex
+5   Will

+0 Base Attack
+2 Melee
+0 Ranged
+2 CMB
12 CMD

Dagger
d4+2   Damage
19-20X2   Critical
10'   Range

Gauntlets
d3+2   Damage
20X2   Critical

Halberd
d10+3   Damage
   Critical

Class Abilities: 
Channel Energy 1d6 6/day
Domains: Sun, Tactics
Sieze Initiative 6/day (Tactics Domain)

Feats: 
Exclusive Channeling
Toughness

Skills:  (ACP -3)
Diplomacy   1 +3 +3 +0 +0   =d20+7
Heal      1 +3 +3 +2 +2   =d20+11   Healer's Kit Charges 10
K. Religion   1 +3 +0   +0 +0   =d20+4
Sense Motive   1 +3 +3 +0 +0   =d20+7

Spells:
--Concentration d20+6
Orisons (DC 13)
--Create Water
--Light
--Mending

1st Level (DC 14)
--Divine Favor
D. Endure Elements
--Shield of Faith

Talents: 
Focused Mind: +2 Concentration Checks
Midwife's Granaughter: +2 to Heal Tests, begin play with a free Healer's Kit. 

Backpack
Bedroll
Blanket, Winter
Candle
Chalk, 1 Piece
Cleric’s Vestments
Explorer’s Outfit
Holy Medallion, Silver
Mirror, Small Steel
Mug, Clay
Pouch, Belt
Rope, Hemp, 50’
Sewing Needle
Shovel
Soak 1lbs
Sunrod X5
Waterskin
Whetstone

31   Galifers
13   Crowns
4   (Coppers)

rhev

Quote from: Brandon on February 12, 2012, 10:31:13 PM

As a huge eberron nerd, and hopeful for the game (just waiting to hear back from the GM in private messages about a few questions I asked) I can answer that question.

See, you have to know about how the continent of Khorvaire was at the start of the last war.  The kingdom of Galifar ruled the entire continent of Khorvaire really in name only.  In typical human stereotypical fashion, they claimed lands that they really had no sway over.  The Talenta plains for example, under the rule of the halfling nomads, were part of the kingdom.  But it wasn't like Galifar had any impact on the Halflings lives.  They continued to ride their dinosaurs, travel the plains, and generally act like native americans.  So when they'd get a bunch of humans showing up and saying "This is our land now!  But you can keep living on it."  They were, for the most part, like "whatever you say boss." and then continued their lives.   This is why, when the 'war' broke out, so many of these areas splintered off into their own.  It was only when the kingdoms started trying to press those areas for resources, be they troops, ore, what have you, that they were like "ummmm no.... we are going to just form our own kingdom, thanks!"

Now, the last war started off really as a political squabble.  No one would recognize the line of succession, so each prince or princess, the head of their section of Galifar, just continued to rule their own part of the land.   The whole time making political machinations to be the next king or queen of Galifar.   The battles started small.  Border skirmishes here, espionage there, etc.  It really wasn't until Several years into the last war that we saw the first major armed conflict.  In 929 YK the Battle of Metrol in Cyre (now the mournland) showed the world that without a doubt the kingdom was at war.  Mind you, this is now a good 35 years into the 'war.'   Certainly there were battles before this, but they were border skirmishes and such.  The battle of Metrol, Cyre's capital, set the tone for the next 65 years of war.  Basically that Cyre, in the middle of all the other nations, would become a quickly shrinking and often slammed battleground for everyone else to fight on.  It also led to a severing of ties between the last few princes.  (can't remember who off hand).  So now the kingdoms were at all out war.

It was about another decade that the first warforged came to play on the battlefeilds.  So you've got SERIOUS war for like 10 years before you start replacing troops with warforged.   Though they wouldn't really see HEAVY use in the war for another twenty years or so till around... um.... 960 i think?  I'm trying to do this from memory, so im a bit fuzzy.

The rise of the warforged led arm in arm to a rise in battle mind you.  So here we are in the last quarter of the war, like 970-995 and the warforged are being used heavily, airships, massive armies, etc.

Long story short?  It wasn't a hundred year long war.... in the sense of active open conflict, it was only that in retrospect they went back and said "oh this started it, so this is when the war really started."  But honestly they could have said that the Last War was only 50 years or 70 years or whatever.  But people like round numbers and the deat of king Jarot in 894 just coincided well with the end of the war in 996

TheKhan

Looks good Muse! Four spots are now taken with two to go.

Callie Del Noire

TheKhan

Callie Del Noire

Katina Tarask

Eh, a dedicated trap finder is overrated.  Really, remove that antiquated "Only Rogues can detect traps over DC X rule," (and even then most Rogue archetypes give that up) and anyone can get a decent Perception mod works.

Callie Del Noire

Wish I could bring out my catfolk rogue. :D I'll think up something.

BraveEarth

>///< Whoops forgot to make the sheet public... my mistake

Brandon

Quote from: Katina Tarask on February 13, 2012, 05:09:33 PM
Eh, a dedicated trap finder is overrated.  Really, remove that antiquated "Only Rogues can detect traps over DC X rule," (and even then most Rogue archetypes give that up) and anyone can get a decent Perception mod works.

During the playtest Alchemists could trap find too and I found that it worked really well for them. I never understood why they didnt continue that. A lot of people dont like the idea of playing a rogue (me included) so alternate trap finders have always been popular

Muse

Hm?

Do they no longer have Disable Device as a class skill? 

Callie Del Noire

Brandon

Quote from: Muse on February 14, 2012, 02:46:16 PM
Hm?

Do they no longer have Disable Device as a class skill?

They lack the trapfinding special ability. So they cant disarm magic traps like a rogue can

TheKhan

Meh, I'd be willing to house rule that in. The Artificer can do it to, and like I said, I'd just adapt it to pathfinder by replacing craft reserve and retain essence with the alchemist's bombs.

Ershin

Quote from: TheKhan on February 11, 2012, 09:50:30 PM
Excellent. Let me know once you've finished fleshing everything out so I can take a look.
My apologies, I haven't had much time to work on role playing stuff in the last couple of days (neither story nor mechanics) and no progress has been made since the last post, sorry if I was silent on that for too long. There seems to be a number of primary casters already accepted, so I may scrap Antikythera altogether and apply with someone/something else if there's still time to do so. If not and my indecision is postponing anything, I'll politely bow out.

TheKhan

Quote from: Ershin on February 14, 2012, 06:14:40 PM
My apologies, I haven't had much time to work on role playing stuff in the last couple of days (neither story nor mechanics) and no progress has been made since the last post, sorry if I was silent on that for too long. There seems to be a number of primary casters already accepted, so I may scrap Antikythera altogether and apply with someone/something else if there's still time to do so. If not and my indecision is postponing anything, I'll politely bow out.

Not too late, we only have four spots taken with two still open. I'm waiting until we have at least five players.

Muse

Quote from: Brandon on February 14, 2012, 02:49:38 PM
They lack the trapfinding special ability. So they cant disarm magic traps like a rogue can

There is no longer a cap on the DCs of traps you can find without trap finding.  The Trapfinding special abilitiy gives a bonus equal to 1/2 level to your attampts to find and remove traps.  :) 

Brandon

Is that in the errata? Because according to the SRD it says: A rogue adds 1/2 her level to Perception skill checks made to locate traps and to Disable Device skill checks (minimum +1). A rogue can use Disable Device to disarm magic traps.

Muse

Hm.... 

I must have missed that. 

I was looking for "Traps with a DC of 20 or above."  Not, "Magical traps." 

If the trap can be found but not disabled, we can try to dispel it. 

Callie Del Noire

Or if I can get a rogue I like.. you can let me disarm it. :D
'TY'
Male Kobold Rogue (Trapsmith) 1
NN Small Humanoid (Reptilian)
Init +3; Senses Darkvision (60 feet); Perception +7
--------------------
DEFENSE
--------------------
AC 18, touch 14, flat-footed 15. . (+3 armor, +3 Dex, +1 size, +1 natural)
hp 9 (1d8+1)
Fort +1, Ref +5, Will +1
Weakness Light Sensitivity
--------------------
OFFENSE
--------------------
Spd 30 ft.
Melee Shortsword +4 (1d4/19-20/x2) and
. . Unarmed Strike +4 (1d2/20/x2)
Ranged Shortbow +4 (1d4/20/x3)
Special Attacks Sneak Attack +1d6
--------------------
STATISTICS
--------------------
Str 11, Dex 17, Con 13, Int 17, Wis 13, Cha 12
Base Atk +0; CMB -1; CMD 12
Feats Rogue Weapon Proficiencies, Weapon Finesse
Skills Acrobatics +6, Climb +3, Craft (Locks) +5, Craft (Traps) +7, Disable Device +7, Disguise +5, Escape Artist +6, Fly +4, Perception +7, Ride +2, Sense Motive +5, Sleight of Hand +6, Stealth +10, Swim -1, Use Magic Device +5
Languages Common, Draconic, Dwarven, Gnome
SQ Trapfinding +1
Combat Gear Arrows, Flight (20), Shortbow, Shortsword, Studded Leather; Other Gear Alchemist's Kindness (10), Artisan's tools: Craft (Locks), Artisan's tools: Craft (Traps), Backpack (7 @ 26.25 lbs), Blanket, Blanket, winter, Flint and steel, Grappling hook, Pouch, belt (3 @ 2 lbs), Pouch, belt (empty), Rope, hempen (50 ft.), Tent, Small, Thieves' tools, Whetstone
--------------------
SPECIAL ABILITIES
--------------------
Darkvision (60 feet) You can see in the dark (black and white vision only).
Light Sensitivity (Ex) Dazzled as long as they remain in bright light.
Sneak Attack +1d6 +1d6 damage if you flank your target or your target is flat-footed.
Trapfinding +1 +1 to find or disable traps.

Background: A native of Sharn, Typelendiousfelic (or 'Ty' to non-kobolds) has spent most of his life indulging in a passion for the mechanical. He apprenticed to a shadow merchant known for creating crafty traps and locks and has wandered far from his home, working on commissions. He builds locks and small traps and has remembered the first lesson of his master, 'Never do buildings, just do locks'. So he will build locks to order, keeping scrupulous logs and records on what he'd made and never leave notes or drawings aside from those he gives his clients. In return he stays 'bought' when paid and repays betrayals if they occur. (One reason he had to leave Sharn for a 'bit' was that one client burned him, so he provided 500 flyers with blueprints to every lock the man had bought from him and had them posted all over Sharn)

zengal

Sorry, but I don't actually think I'll be able to pull off a character sheet on time. Combination of overconfidence/being busy/not realising this would fill so quick. Looks like you got plenty of interest though [with people better suited than I to boot], so it shouldn't be a problem.

Best of luck with this, I'll be interested in how it turns out. ^^

TheKhan

Awesome character Calllie! Ty will make a great addition to the group.

That leaves us with five spots taken and one remaining. If no one else expresses serious interest in the next couple of days, I'll get us started, but in the meantime there is still time to apply if you wish to join us.

Zaer Darkwail

I am interested to join in. I have idea for a Shadowcaster which is in service of house Phiarlan (or Thuranni), a full city elf from Sharn who messed up major fashion (but was not kicked from house but more send away until things cooldown) and he ran to Diamond Lake before Last War started and then war conviently started. Over the centuries he married a local human woman, builded up a tavern and ran it until his half-elf sons grow old enough run it and now he sits in tavern smoking pipe and just roll his eyes about local affairs. His wife ofc already died by old age and both his sons are middle-aged and married.

Reasons why he has not interfered with corruption is for because he is not powerful (just a 1st level char, he did not participate in the war) and secondly he does not care honestly about Diamond Lake while his sons are more adamant amount local matters but he thinks his sons think only small scale (like their mother did).

Callie Del Noire

Quote from: TheKhan on February 16, 2012, 11:37:16 AM
Awesome character Calllie! Ty will make a great addition to the group.

That leaves us with five spots taken and one remaining. If no one else expresses serious interest in the next couple of days, I'll get us started, but in the meantime there is still time to apply if you wish to join us.

He's actually an NPC from one of my Mutants and Mastermind games... a dimensionally displaced kobold theif into the 'real world'. Ty's arrival was popping into a summoning circle to see a SWAT team shooting above his head. He promptly surrendered and was turned over to a government think tank.

He discovered mochas, lattes, cinnabun and Papa Johns..That version once told the heroes 'There is no way I'm going back without a fully stocked Starbucks'.

Rule of thumb, if he was running AWAY from a source of coffee.  It was bad, do try to keep up

TheKhan

Quote from: Zaer Darkwail on February 17, 2012, 06:14:45 AM
I am interested to join in. I have idea for a Shadowcaster which is in service of house Phiarlan (or Thuranni), a full city elf from Sharn who messed up major fashion (but was not kicked from house but more send away until things cooldown) and he ran to Diamond Lake before Last War started and then war conviently started. Over the centuries he married a local human woman, builded up a tavern and ran it until his half-elf sons grow old enough run it and now he sits in tavern smoking pipe and just roll his eyes about local affairs. His wife ofc already died by old age and both his sons are middle-aged and married.

Reasons why he has not interfered with corruption is for because he is not powerful (just a 1st level char, he did not participate in the war) and secondly he does not care honestly about Diamond Lake while his sons are more adamant amount local matters but he thinks his sons think only small scale (like their mother did).

Certainly an excellent idea. Obviously you'd have to pick which House you were allied with, but most of it works. The only suggestion I'd have is that Phiarlan would be unlikely to concent to a marriage with a human, since those heirs would be unable to bear the bloodline's mark. If you want to keep his spouse human, you can, but it would be more logical for the house to insist his loins be put to use during his exile at the very least by marrying a local elven woman. She could have died due to any number of fallouts from the Last War in the area. Your call.

If you can get the character sheet written up ASAP, we can get started.

Callie Del Noire

Quote from: TheKhan on February 17, 2012, 01:10:36 PM
Certainly an excellent idea. Obviously you'd have to pick which House you were allied with, but most of it works. The only suggestion I'd have is that Phiarlan would be unlikely to concent to a marriage with a human, since those heirs would be unable to bear the bloodline's mark. If you want to keep his spouse human, you can, but it would be more logical for the house to insist his loins be put to use during his exile at the very least by marrying a local elven woman. She could have died due to any number of fallouts from the Last War in the area. Your call.

If you can get the character sheet written up ASAP, we can get started.

I thought half elves could carry that mark. 

Zaer Darkwail

Ok, I rolled up with marrying a local elven woman then who died in mysterious circumstances in the village (leaving it up to GM the details). Son is running the tavern but his dad is chilling mostly. As note none among living (expect his son) knows that he is Shadowcaster and he wants keep it on low profile. Of course rumors could go around him and his origin but he keeps family relations secret to avoid discovery.

The scandal in question was a simple temperemental murder of fellow house member, a dragonmarked. However the thing which spared him was that the said member was traitor; a Thuranni. However they did not want alarm further Thuranni agents inside the house so they can do house cleaning more better so they labelled my char as murderer and as exiled member of the house (until they have confirmed there is no further spies in House but they may have forgot whole deal but my char does not dare to try it; after all house matriarch promised inform when he can return).

Anyways here is my char.

Most curious part is that he is CN follower of both Shadow and Traveler. Traveler because he has always been scoundrel sort of fellow and he has knack for trickery. Shadow is for his actual secret talent in shadow magic; as shadow magic is Shadow granted gift and his mother was follower of Shadow. But he is not evil but can be outright ruthless at times. He is not saint nor seek cleanse corruption around him, more fascinated about it to see how deep the town will actually sink in corruption? But same time he does not want get involved with it either.

Because of his origins he has been kind of detached from the normal townfolk (as his stay is after all temporal and he is sticking here until his house calls him in) but he has been tavernkeeper for years and had already passed the reins for his sons who run the place now. He is far from retiring age and he occassion joins to work when in busy night but he lazes off now smoking pipe in fire place and sometimes sings elven lyrical songs (his tavern has grown famous for this talent). Also he has surprising quick and deft fingers which he likes entertain customers when he is in stage performing his 'stage magic' which actually uses bit shadow magic (so very high sleight of hand skill too). However so far he has denied any rumors about him being Phiarlan and say he just learned stage tricks as wannabe bard youngling days.

My char is overall sneaky caster type who does not have anything offensive expect arrow of dusk (non-lethal dmg ranged touch) and shadow hood (-1 to hit and dex checks for one foe).

Also not sure where spend the 300gp but I trade it off in return to have actual property/business in the village; which is the tavern called Shadow Song. His wife was original owner who heritaged the place and it's very, very old. Probably first building in whole town. His full alias name is Jamie Darkleaf and his sons are Gilen Darkleaf and Clyde Darkleaf.

Quote from: Callie Del Noire on February 17, 2012, 01:36:58 PM
I thought half elves could carry that mark. 

Nop, half-elves have two own dragonmarked houses where they can heritage own dragonmarks. Only expection for half-breeds getting marks is House Tharaskh.

TheKhan

Excellent. You know you have a diverse party when LN is the only non-Evil alignment represented. I think you will work together very well.

I've still got a few PMs I want to send around to people, but they are fairly minor matters for the most part. I'm going to try and get everything set up tonight, although I'm still rather jet lagged and flying again tomorrow. I am, however, very excited as I've wanted to run this path in Eberron for a while and this version will be rare different than the ways I've seen it done before.

Katina Tarask

Let's hope this excitement keeps up.  Then again, using a module helps.

TheKhan

Zaer Darkwail

LN? My char is CN = chaotic neutral :P. So two members are non-evil and non-good.

TheKhan

... Stupid jet lag. I skipped a "not", which sounds much less sarcastic and makes a great deal more sense. :-\

Zaer Darkwail

Ahaa, so to edit;

Quote from: TheKhan on February 17, 2012, 06:10:26 PM
Excellent. You know you have a diverse party when LN is not the only non-Evil alignment represented. I think you will work together very well.

You meant that line then :P.

TheKhan

Actually, I meant that LN was the only non-evil alignment not represented.

:P

I have posted both the OCC and character sheet threads in Bondage: Exotic Small Groups. If you can get your character sheets posted there, the game thread proper should be up shortly.

TheKhan

Brandon

Callie Del Noire

Game Thread
Character Thread
OOC

Remember Ty has a weakness for cash, gold, stogies, and good coffee!

Genbu83

Still full? as I noticed 4 out of six slots filled. I'd be inclined to joine if there is room.

TheKhan

Still full, sorry, I got lazy towards the end. If a spot opens up I'll let you know.

Genbu83

Ironwolf85

let me know if anything opens up, I'm thinking warforged bard....
Prudence, justice, temperance, courage, faith, hope, love...
debate any other aspect of my faith these are the heavenly virtues. this flawed mortal is going to try to adhere to them.

Culture: the ability to carve an intricate and beautiful bowl from the skull of a fallen enemy.
Civilization: the ability to put that psycho in prision for killing people.

Zaer Darkwail

Quote from: Ironwolf85 on February 28, 2012, 04:09:17 PM
let me know if anything opens up, I'm thinking warforged bard....

Each time someone says 'bard' and 'warforge' same sentence

TheKhan

Meh, the women are probably changelings any how :P

Zaer Darkwail

Ofc they are, sexy identical female twins are actually quite rare :P. But I myself would count having changeling GF a bigger bonus than regular GF (as then changeling could be anything you desire at the moment, assumingly she is the type who loves shapeshifting and all perks it provides).

Tagan

Well!  A pathfinder game with 3 of my favorite posters!

Let ms know if there is an opening... I have a first level monk and wizard standing by...