News:

Main Menu

Meaningful words

Started by Aeval, January 05, 2011, 01:07:24 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Fae Brin

I will certainly take you up on that! I have pages and pages of them! And I went to kindergarten where they taught me that it is good to share. -nods seriously-

Just a small treat, from the master himself:

"Be who you are and say what you feel because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind. "
-Dr. Seuss
The idea hovered and shivered delicately, like a soap bubble, and she dared not even look at it directly in case it burst. 
But she was familiar with the way of ideas, and she let it
shimmer, looking away, thinking about something else.
and a subtle fear [capture d] my  h  e  a  r  t.
already [wet] and we're gonna go s w i m ming

Aeval

I've heard of the last one and love it! Thank you! Glad you like to share..me too!  ;D

I like nonsense, it wakes up the brain cells. Fantasy is a necessary ingredient in living, It's a way of looking at life through the wrong end of a telescope. Which is what I do, And that enables you to laugh at life's realities.
Dr. Seuss

“Tomorrow may be hell, but today was a good writing day, and on the good writing days nothing else matters.”
― Neil Gaiman

Fae Brin

That made me smile.

-can't help but search for another Dr Seuss quote-

"You have brains in your head. You have feet in your shoes. You can steer yourself, any direction you choose."
-Dr. Seuss
The idea hovered and shivered delicately, like a soap bubble, and she dared not even look at it directly in case it burst. 

Oniya

If you're going through hell, keep going.
-Winston Churchill
"Language was invented for one reason, boys - to woo women.~*~*~Don't think it's all been done before
And in that endeavor, laziness will not do." ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~Don't think we're never gonna win this war
Robin Williams-Dead Poets Society ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~Don't think your world's gonna fall apart
I do have a cause, though.  It's obscenity.  I'm for it.  - Tom Lehrer~*~All you need is your beautiful heart
O/O's Updated 5/11/21 - A/A's - Current Status! - Writing a novel - all draws for Fool of Fire up!
Requests updated March 17

Aeval

There's a great Country song, Oniya with that title:
Rodney Atkins - If You're Going Through Hell (Before the Devil Even Knows

Since everything is in our heads, we had better not lose them.
Coco Chanel

“Tomorrow may be hell, but today was a good writing day, and on the good writing days nothing else matters.”
― Neil Gaiman

Fae Brin

"Whoever said nothing was impossible, never tried slamming a revolving door."
-Unknown.

-

"Courage is not the absence of fear, but rather the judgment that something else is more important than fear."
-Ambrose Redmoon

Daily submission. ^_^

Oniya

We are usually convinced more easily by reasons we have found ourselves than by those which have occurred to others.
- Blaise Pascal
"Language was invented for one reason, boys - to woo women.~*~*~Don't think it's all been done before
And in that endeavor, laziness will not do." ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~Don't think we're never gonna win this war
Robin Williams-Dead Poets Society ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~Don't think your world's gonna fall apart
I do have a cause, though.  It's obscenity.  I'm for it.  - Tom Lehrer~*~All you need is your beautiful heart
O/O's Updated 5/11/21 - A/A's - Current Status! - Writing a novel - all draws for Fool of Fire up!
Requests updated March 17

Fae Brin

No one will win the battle of the sexes, there is too much flirting with the enemy.
-Henry Kissinger

Aeval

"Too often we underestimate the power of a touch, a smile, a kind word, a listening ear, an honest compliment, or the smallest act of caring, all of which have the potential to turn a life around."

~ Leo Buscaglia ~

― Neil Gaiman

Fae Brin

Anyone who says they have only one life to live must not know how to read a book.

Aeval

"Happiness is where we find it, but rarely were we seek it." J.Petit Senn

― Neil Gaiman

Fae Brin

A friend is someone who knows the song in your heart and can sing it back to you when you've forgotten the words.

Aeval

2 in 1 night, my dear sista! This is becoming a trend..I like it! I like it!!  ;D

― Neil Gaiman

Fae Brin

Well-- I realized that I forgot to post one hier! @.@

Fae Brin

"Charm" - which means the power to effect work without employing brute force - is indispensable to women.  Charm is a woman's strength just as strength is a man's charm.
-Havelock Ellis

Aeval

I picked this up a while ago..reading it always intrigues me:

"What do you pack to pursue a dream, and what do you leave behind?"
                  Sandra Sharpe

― Neil Gaiman

Fae Brin

Good question.

I don't even know what to pack for a day trip! @.@

Fae Brin

Jumping for joy is good exercise.

Aeval

I cannot give you the formula for success, but I can give you the formula for failure--which is:
Try to please everybody.

- Herbert Bayard Swope

― Neil Gaiman

WyldRanger

"We must learn to live together as brothers or perish together as fools." - Martin Luther King, Jr.

Aeval

This one just makes me laugh!

If people were meant to pop out of bed, we'd all sleep in toasters. ~Author unknown, attributed to Jim Davis

― Neil Gaiman

Fae Brin

[A] final comfort that is small, but not cold:  The heart is the only broken instrument that works.
-T.E. Kalem

DiverseDesires

Some of my favorite quotes are by Eleanor Roosevelt:

A woman is like a tea bag - you can't tell how strong she is until you put her in hot water.

Happiness is not a goal; it is a by-product.

It is better to light a candle than curse the darkness.

No one can make you feel inferior without your consent.

The future belongs to those who believe in the beauty of their dreams.

"The imagination is the spur of delights… all depends upon it, it is the mainspring of everything; now, is it not by means of the imagination one knows joy? Is it not of the imagination that the sharpest pleasures arise?" ~Marquis de Sade~

Imaginings  ~  Desirables  ~  Wilful Words  ~  Diary - A/A  Updated September 15th

xanthian

Competition with others is without merit. It doesn't matter if you can't run faster than some other guy; all that matters is that you can run faster than yourself six months ago.
It does't matter if you can't run faster than some other guy, as long as you can run faster than yourself 6 months ago.

I've been asked what it's like to have Bipolar Disorder. I always tell them, 'It has its ups and downs'.

WyldRanger

"I'm not an impatient man. I'm not one to agonize over decisions once they're made. I got that from my father. He always said sorry and doubt are the greatest enemies of a great chef. 'The souffle will either rise or it won't. There's not a damn thing you can do about it, so you might as well just sit back and wait and see what happens.'"

- Benjamin Sisko (Star Trek: Deep Space Nine episode: In the Pale Moonlight)

(Something I know that I need to take to heart.)