In the Shadows of Olympus [Eclipse Phase FATE, Non-Con: Exotic] [Closed]

Started by AnneReinard, January 18, 2016, 08:15:19 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

wander

Kunoichi

By the way, on the off chance that anyone would like a little reading material while waiting for the game to start, feel free to take a look at Firewall's Official Field Ops Manual.  It gives a rather nice look into how Firewall operations are generally run, in my opinion. ^^

FarFetched

Very useful! It's given me a few ideas on how to make Jane easier for Firewall to work with.

Edit, found this snippet in the manual:
QuoteErasers have more respect for field operatives than any other role in Firewall, but don’t confuse that for friendship. These people will never see sentinels as more than lightweight amateurs. We recruit almost exclusively from Fall military veterans. They know the risks and very much subscribe to the philosophy of “by any means necessary.”
Eheh, looks like Jane is definitely Eraser squad material.

I edited a few more things to add Depth to Jane's initial recruitment interactions with firewall, and made her more Jovian.

wander

Quote from: Kunoichi on January 27, 2016, 05:49:33 PM
By the way, on the off chance that anyone would like a little reading material while waiting for the game to start, feel free to take a look at Firewall's Official Field Ops Manual.  It gives a rather nice look into how Firewall operations are generally run, in my opinion. ^^

Is that in the Firewall book by chance?

AnneReinard

It is precisely from the Firewall book!

Erasers have one key distinction from Sentinels more than anything else. A Sentinel is expected to have a subtle touch ideally. An Eraser squad is called in when the situation has gotten to the point where you don't care how much work the resulting cover-up is going to take.

As a bonus, there is a high chance that if you need to call an Eraser squad in, you are going to be a casualty of said Eraser squad.
Ons and Offs

Always free for a little teasing back and forth. Or suggestions to titles to make this exhibitionist squirm! I adore silly little PMs.

wander

I think Mark 22 is built more for being a Sentinel than an Eraser, just off that above post. I don't have the Firewall book but I know Chuck's wiki has been updated with the stuff from the book, so maybe I can check it out there.

AnneReinard

Yeah, Chuck's wiki is pretty great from that standpoint - he keeps it pretty up to date with the new material. Always worth looking at if you don't remember which pdf from Rob Boyle's page to go through!
Ons and Offs

Always free for a little teasing back and forth. Or suggestions to titles to make this exhibitionist squirm! I adore silly little PMs.

FarFetched

Quote from: wander on January 28, 2016, 09:39:24 AM
I think Mark 22 is built more for being a Sentinel than an Eraser, just off that above post. I don't have the Firewall book but I know Chuck's wiki has been updated with the stuff from the book, so maybe I can check it out there.
Heck, I'd actually put him closer to Vectors. (Official firewall hackers)

wander

He is squishy, which was a deliberate choice. I didn't think somatics would fit when there skills I figured he would have more, well skill in. ^^ He does have medichines in his morph though, which gives him some longevity.

He's a bit of a skittish one too, he does have a gun packed on his morph and he does go out in the field, but he excels more in the calm so he can run his 'wares more peacefully. If things get physical he tends to 'shoot first and then check on the stack later' kinda thinking.

Have him dive into the Mesh and be in a sorta Operator for the team kinda position and he's golden, I think. :)

AndyZ

I wanted to try to have a writeup for everyone to see how we'd get along.  These are all suggestions, so people are welcome to deny, alter or make other suggestions as they like ^_^

Red

QuoteCould have Krysta be part of the team that extracted Red. Her not knowing anything about Red but working to save her serves to underscore the blind loyalty thing she's got going on. If she died in the process, that helps underscore her status as a phoenix.

Although I'm not 100% what would be involved in this, it totally sounds like something Krysta would do.

Antimony

Although I'm not sure how these two would really have met, Krysta would very easily be suggestible to stuff like sex and protecting, unless she had a mission specifically against your character or something your character stands for.

Puppeteer

It seems like both of our characters have the knack for stepping up for heroic causes.  It's not at all difficult to imagine the two stepping up as a brains and brawn operation. 

If Puppeteer resleeves or changes body while in simulspace, Krysta has absolutely no difficulty with sexy times occurring as well.  From Krysta's perspective, we befriend and care about someone for their mind, but sex is purely a question of physical desire.

Rosalyn Fischer

Maybe Krysta met you back when you were a high-class socialite?  It'd be interesting to see the tables turning therein, especially if your character used to be a brat.  It'd be possible to have so enraged and hurt Krysta that she'd actually take joy in revenge, though that would take some effort, and far more likely to just have a subtle balance of power shifting.

Doctor Octopus

Krysta gets beat up a lot, and as long as Doctor Octopus is a gentleman, she doesn't mind getting patched up.

Forklift

Same deal on being sexually interested in the morph and not the ego where gender is concerned.  Not honestly sure what to suggest for background, though.

Drop

How bad of a grudge would Drop hold if Krysta and her have been hired out onto different factions of various things and have each killed each other at one point?

Dr. Jones

Pretty easy to claim that Krysta has worked for them as a bodyguard before.  I just played Indiana Jones and the Fate of Atlantis a few days ago, so the concept is relatively fresh in my brain.

I miss anybody?
It's all good, and it's all in fun.  Now get in the pit and try to love someone.

Ons/Offs   -  My schedule and A/As   -    My Avatars

If I've owed you a post for at least a week, poke me.

wander

I'll have to look through the sheets that are in once more and see if I can nail some connections down myself. :)

Yeah, I'm cool with that Andy. Have you thought more on what rep networks that Krysta may be a part of? I haven't nailed down specifics for Mark 22 yet, though I do have a whole list written in a notepad with handy notes, so maybe we ding each other on the social network scene also (that's actually a really good backstory link for everyone else too. I don't think anyone has it, though Civ Rep at +3 and up would sort of show that character has alot of active followers and they're likely constantly having their life viewed on the Mesh. For the more social characters or ones who like to keep up with trending celebs, it's a good link).

I may need correcting on this, though I think form may be actually fairly fluid once in the Mesh, such as a server or simulspace, or possibly programmed to be themed for the latter? I'd like to know more if anyone has more cement info on that, tbh. :)

AnneReinard

I wouldn't say people have forms when they are on the mesh. That is part of why the infugees don't want to exist as infomorphs and partly why AGIs have issues interacting with reality.

On the other side of things, simulspace has fluid options for form and physics, within the limitations of the simulspace. So in that space, you could definitely swap around a lot. If you are doing a face-to-face meeting over the Mesh, odds are it will be within a simulspace due to the fact that people are NOT comfortable being pure information.
Ons and Offs

AndyZ

Going to be honest in that a lot of that just went over my head...

My understanding is that simulspaces are effectively VR chatrooms, which totally makes sense for a good way to hang out even across distances.

If Civ Rep +3 means having a lot of active followers, I'm not sure I want it that high.  I could see Krysta maybe having a number of cybergroupies, but I imagine she's more quality over quantity and has been a bodyguard for the rich and powerful before in order to have that kind of pull.

I don't really know what the social networking is all like in Eclipse Phase.
It's all good, and it's all in fun.  Now get in the pit and try to love someone.

wander

Gotcha, Anne. I'll remember pure info for Mesh, online VR avatar for simulspace.

Btw, I'm going more off what's mentioned in fluff for EP Andy. I'm sure I read somewhere that if you hit 60+ percent in a rep, you're gonna have followers for that network. I may easily be wrong and wouldn't mind being corrected. ^^; EDIT: I may be remembering more on how sousveillance and panopticon works, lower percentages means the opposed roll someone saw you do illegal shiz is harder as I'm sure it's a DC for such an action...

...I am realising I'm showing how long ago I played, saying that. ^^;

The networks are kinda like an in-game way of how 'contacts' kinda works in other rps. It's a sorta fluid kinda thing which can explain how your character can get a hold of gear and/or morphs. Each major faction has their own network and having rep points in a certain network sorta marks you as being a member or somehow involved with them. There's quite a few, I can post a list of them or PM you if you'd like. :)

AnneReinard

The Mesh broadly refers to the local wireless connections that permeates an area. This is the access level most people stay on.

A simulspace is a virtual reality construct that exists on the Mesh with its own subset of physics and rules. This could be a virtual chatroom or it could be a game or it could be anything else really.

An infomorph is pure information. They exist as an emulated mind running on a server somewhere by default, with access to the local Mesh. They do not, by default, have some form associated with them. Like anybody else though, they can access a simulspace and run on that. But most of the time they are just functionally a program running on a computer somewhere.

Also, Reputation has always worked both ways. The higher your reputation, the more you are connected to people and the more is expected from you. They kind of boiled down all the reputations into Civ Rep which makes it a little more confusing, but it basically implies that you have lots of connections to work with.

Roughly, it is equivalent to Credit (I think that it is Credit!) in FATE Core.
Ons and Offs

AndyZ

Hmmm...sounds like I might be better off having Credits at +3 and Civ Rep at +2.  I'm not sure, though...

Checking through the primary reputation networks listed in the core, I can't honestly say where she'd really fit or belong best, other than maybe having splatterings in all of them.

Bodyguards tend to work best when they don't really pick a side beyond that of transhumanity.  You have to accept the fact that you might get hired on by someone the very next week that's on a completely different side from what you were doing before.

wander

Quote from: AndyZ on January 28, 2016, 05:14:05 PM
Hmmm...sounds like I might be better off having Credits at +3 and Civ Rep at +2.  I'm not sure, though...

Checking through the primary reputation networks listed in the core, I can't honestly say where she'd really fit or belong best, other than maybe having splatterings in all of them.

Bodyguards tend to work best when they don't really pick a side beyond that of transhumanity.  You have to accept the fact that you might get hired on by someone the very next week that's on a completely different side from what you were doing before.

She sounds Extropian to me, the peeps in the asteroid belt take creds and rep-bumps from whoever and work with everyone. They're more likely to have both hypercorp and autonomist networking skills in tandem.

AndyZ

Reading through, I could certainly see that fitting to a decent degree.  Is it fair to say that they're basically Libertarians?

FarFetched

Quote from: AndyZ on January 28, 2016, 04:16:56 PM
Drop

How bad of a grudge would Drop hold if Krysta and her have been hired out onto different factions of various things and have each killed each other at one point?
Well, she'd definitely have a problem holding a grudge, but only because she'd be dead. Jane, being pretty much Jovian in everything but Locale, never got a Cortical Stack. There's nothing to back up, and the morph she's in is the one she was born in, popped out by Momma Allerberger herself. She might of gotten one implanted (HEAVILY against her better judgement) when she joined Firewall, but that would be it.

If her original body was ever killed with a Cortical stack installed, Backup-Jane would probably become suicidally depressed, and do everything in her power to permanently erase the one responsible from existence. Afterwards, IDK. Like many things, that'd depend on how RP has changed her over time.

Anyhow, yeah. The continuation of Jane's body massively important to her, and defines many things she does. It probably wouldn't be a good idea to have killed it.

Hexed

I wanted to try to have a writeup for everyone to see how we'd get along.  These are all suggestions, so people are welcome to deny, alter or make other suggestions as they like ^_^

Forklift

Same deal on being sexually interested in the morph and not the ego where gender is concerned.  Not honestly sure what to suggest for background, though.

I am working on that!  :D  And have switched it to simply being indentured after dying during the fall. Still planning on in the brothel work simply because it makes it far easier to connect/have known... two or three of the others whom have mentioned brothel work/setting up a brothel as a base or something like that. 

As for meetings Forklift is a pretty good mechanic, especially since Fate basically cuts that down to one skill instead of a dozen. Although with my plan on Forklift being a recently freed indentured servant to better fit my lesser understanding of the setting its not like their work's well known.

wander

Quote from: AndyZ on January 28, 2016, 05:34:01 PM
Reading through, I could certainly see that fitting to a decent degree.  Is it fair to say that they're basically Libertarians?

Well, yeah though Libertarians are a mixed lot and it comes in degrees. They do have a policy when in the belt to have a contract pretty much for everything, from you buying law enforcement, insurances and emergency services and having those contracts valid just incase something happens to you when there. You don't wanna lamp a mugger in self-defence without a security contract and lawyer contract that's for sure! ^^;

If your gal is a bodyguard who will work for anyone that can pay for her, I'd say Extropian fits that concept most. Others may have more and better options for you though, though off the top of my head, if Krysta is cool with owed favours (the currency of the autonomists, the outer system does pay these off and expects owed favours to them to be paid) then she's cool with rep. Credits are an inner system thing for the most part, whilst autonomists don't use money, they do favours.

AndyZ

Quote from: FarFetched on January 28, 2016, 05:48:57 PM
Well, she'd definitely have a problem holding a grudge, but only because she'd be dead. Jane, being pretty much Jovian in everything but Locale, never got a Cortical Stack. There's nothing to back up, and the morph she's in is the one she was born in, popped out by Momma Allerberger herself. She might of gotten one implanted (HEAVILY against her better judgement) when she joined Firewall, but that would be it.

If her original body was ever killed with a Cortical stack installed, Backup-Jane would probably become suicidally depressed, and do everything in her power to permanently erase the one responsible from existence. Afterwards, IDK. Like many things, that'd depend on how RP has changed her over time.

Anyhow, yeah. The continuation of Jane's body massively important to her, and defines many things she does. It probably wouldn't be a good idea to have killed it.

Apologies, missed that part.  Well, if you like, Jane killed Krysta at one point, but Krysta won't hold a grudge about it if they're no longer on opposite sides.

Quote from: Hexed on January 28, 2016, 05:52:37 PM

I am working on that!  :D  And have switched it to simply being indentured after dying during the fall. Still planning on in the brothel work simply because it makes it far easier to connect/have known... two or three of the others whom have mentioned brothel work/setting up a brothel as a base or something like that. 

As for meetings Forklift is a pretty good mechanic, especially since Fate basically cuts that down to one skill instead of a dozen. Although with my plan on Forklift being a recently freed indentured servant to better fit my lesser understanding of the setting its not like their work's well known.

Mechanics are always useful, though I can't think of why Krysta would overly need one.

I suppose that whoever was holding Forklift might have offered Krysta free services for a while when Krysta was bodyguarding them if you like the idea.  Can't think of much else.

Quote from: wander on January 28, 2016, 06:08:57 PM
Well, yeah though Libertarians are a mixed lot and it comes in degrees. They do have a policy when in the belt to have a contract pretty much for everything, from you buying law enforcement, insurances and emergency services and having those contracts valid just incase something happens to you when there. You don't wanna lamp a mugger in self-defence without a security contract and lawyer contract that's for sure! ^^;

If your gal is a bodyguard who will work for anyone that can pay for her, I'd say Extropian fits that concept most. Others may have more and better options for you though, though off the top of my head, if Krysta is cool with owed favours (the currency of the autonomists, the outer system does pay these off and expects owed favours to them to be paid) then she's cool with rep. Credits are an inner system thing for the most part, whilst autonomists don't use money, they do favours.

Krysta wouldn't work for anyone that actively wants to destroy transhumanity, but she won't much care which king is currently occupying a seat of power.  The favors idea definitely sounds fantastic, though, and it seems at least reasonably likely that she'd have someone who owes her a favor who can make her more futa fury morphs.  Or maybe she has some sort of a morph insurance contract for just such an occurrence.

Kunoichi

Antimony

Although I'm not sure how these two would really have met, Krysta would very easily be suggestible to stuff like sex and protecting, unless she had a mission specifically against your character or something your character stands for.

As I mentioned before, I doubt that Antimony has directly met any of the other party members during any time prior to starting work with Firewall.  They might have heard something about an AGI hacker whose services were for sale, or one of their jobs might have had some intersection with one of hers, but we don't seem to have anyone in the group who would have been a likely criminal client, so...

AndyZ

You probably did mention and I just don't remember.  Apologies.

FarFetched

I think I'm actually looking forward to having Jane meet most of the characters for the first time in the RP- it'll definitely make forming ties a lot more natural, which is something she should be abysmal at prior to the story's start.

EDIT: also hey! Post 300!