News:

Main Menu

New Elliquiy term

Started by Captain Maltese, March 25, 2008, 09:01:21 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Captain Maltese

I hereby coin the term 'going postal' for when someone fires off half a dozen or more thread posts in one sitting.

Posting status:  25th December: Up To Date 5 of 9 : last month 2, this month 5, total 38 posts for 2023.

O/O            Current stories

alahendra

I've never been guilty of that. Nope... :P
"You're one microscopic cog in his catastrophic plan
Designed and directed by his red right hand..."

Os & Os: https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=5351.0

NightBird

*laughs*

I think I may have actually done that at one point or another, but it would have been a helluva long sitting, given the time it takes me to write any of my posts!

alahendra

Well for me, one sitting can sometimes be all damn day. Yes, I know I need to get a life.

Hunter

Quote from: alahendra on March 25, 2008, 09:21:04 AM
Well for me, one sitting can sometimes be all damn day. Yes, I know I need to get a life.

Life...doesn't that come in a box?   ;D

alahendra

If it does, please let me know where I may purchase some.

Greenthorn

*laughs* I just did it at 2am! I did them on wordpad then signed on and copy pasted *blush*

Jeramiahh

*scratches head* You mean there aren't people who do 5-10 posts an hour, minimum? I'm disappointed if I can't get through a dozen replies in less than two hours.
I'm not shy. I'm silently stalking my prey.
There are two things that are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not quite sure about the first one.

NightBird

Jeremiahh.... I really don't want this taken wrong, as it's not intended to be an assessment of the value of the post, but it's an unavoidable fact that the length of IC posts does have something to do with the time it takes to write them...

Sherona

I agree with Night Bird. If I feel very adventurous I get through abotu 3 posts an hour but every single one of my posts are atleast 2-3 paragraphs of 3-4 lines each at bare minimum, and thats when I amjust not really feeling very writerish. but I have done 10-15 posts at one sitting though took me several hours...was when I took a few days off and had all of my stories owed of posts./

Trieste

There are some that take me 10 minutes, including some decently long ones if I've been hit by inspiration from the other person's last post.

The majority of my posts take 30-45 minutes or so if I just sit down and write them... and I seldom do that. Often I'm looking at other things, chatting, poking at homework... I'm a multitasker. So one post can easily take me two hours. I have no idea how I would do like 3 per hour unless they were 3 of the quick, inspired posts. :)

I like the term, though. Hee!

Hunter

Then what's the term that's used when I run around with a super soaker and douse everyone with lime flavored koolaid?

King_Furby

I have never done that, and i most likely won't ever do that.