An idea for a rp

Started by MidnightAngel09, January 18, 2011, 08:52:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MidnightAngel09

I've thought about it and i would like to do a rp about shapeshifting.
Anyone intrested?
I'm still thinking of how to go about it etc etc If you have any ideas you want to share then post them here or PM me about it

Thanks

TheHangedOne

I might be interested, depending on how things turn out.  Would this be in a fantasy setting, or a reality based one?
A&A's and O&O's *Status: Here and there | Games: Aiming for punctuality*
"In prosperity, our friends know us; in adversity, we know our friends."
"In the ocean of knowledge, only those who want to learn will see the land."
"Before you roar, please take a deep breath."
Check out my poet tree!

MidnightAngel09

Quote from: TheHangedMan on January 19, 2011, 12:09:21 AM
I might be interested, depending on how things turn out.  Would this be in a fantasy setting, or a reality based one?

that's a good question. Since most supernatural creatures are anamated (sort of). I think reality based one is a good one since its something different.

Malgriff

Something like animorphs then?

MidnightAngel09

Malgriff

sounds good, got room for one more?

TheHangedOne

Still interested.  ;D  Any further details? Would this be set in a city, or maybe, the country side? A particular nation?
Check out my poet tree!

MidnightAngel09

Quote from: Akumamika on January 21, 2011, 12:34:09 PM
sounds good, got room for one more?

Yes, its a group rp so the more the merrier

MidnightAngel09

Quote from: TheHangedMan on January 21, 2011, 01:39:19 PM
Still interested.  ;D  Any further details? Would this be set in a city, or maybe, the country side? A particular nation?

Sorry haven't gotten back to you, been busy with work.
I've thought maybe somewhere in europe or New york or floria. What do you think?

And here's an idea. I was thinking that the shifters be broken into two tribes, and the two tribes don't get along, they always fight. One shifter from the tribe and another from the other tribe wants to stop all the fighting that's been going on for years.

That's just one idea i'm comming up with more to throw your way, i like getting people thoughts and feedback.

Malgriff

sounds cool how about three tribes? mammals, reptiles and birds? or or carnivores and herbivores if you really want two tribes :3

MidnightAngel09

Quote from: Akumamika on January 23, 2011, 03:35:09 PM
sounds cool how about three tribes? mammals, reptiles and birds? or or carnivores and herbivores if you really want two tribes :3

Lol i just said two on the top of my head, there could be more tribes if needed/wanted.
That's just one idea for shifters i have a few more ideas that i'm sorting out this is just one

Malgriff

Chrystal

*giggles* Cats and dogs?

Mreooowwwl!

Might be interested depending upon what you (we?) come up with...

Please check out my latest A/A post.
I would rather watch a movie then have dinner than have dinner then watch a movie!

TheHangedOne

Here's my two cents, as the saying goes. Please do what you will with it; take it, leave it, bend and twist and mutilate it into something nice...

We could always just say "generic city", come up with our own place. Personally, I'd like to see it be a bit more on the rural side of things, since it just seems to me like shifters would prefer environments where they can shift with less worries.

Herbivore and carnivores could be a good, broad chasm, especially since some of the carnivorous shifters might be preying on the herbivores. It's also a classic animal kingdom division. Maybe their's a sort of sub-tribe deal going on, like all coyotes belong to the carnivores, but they don't necessarily get along with the wolves (also carnivores). That could be exceedingly simple or complex or anywhere in between, depending on how much time and effort is put into the divisions. 

I like the idea of some shifters trying to unite the two tribes/divisions, and would gladly play one of the peace promoters.

Check out my poet tree!

Malgriff

Aha! I read a book about something like this, its about these shifters called Sazi and they live among humans and have like a secret govournment and try to keep things under control,  all of them predetory as far as I know perhaps there could be an opposing set of carnivours as you said praying on the herbivores and humans, where these secret sazi agents try to prevent it and cover it up? wiiith some friction between species and tribes
There was one I read where a snake shifter was flirting with a tigress shifter, just to make a male tiger shifter jelous, I wouldnt mind a snake hehe sorry going off on a tangent.

Xillen

I might be interested, depending on how the setup is worked out.

MidnightAngel09

Quote from: Akumamika on January 25, 2011, 10:20:40 AM
Aha! I read a book about something like this, its about these shifters called Sazi and they live among humans and have like a secret govournment and try to keep things under control,  all of them predetory as far as I know perhaps there could be an opposing set of carnivours as you said praying on the herbivores and humans, where these secret sazi agents try to prevent it and cover it up? wiiith some friction between species and tribes
There was one I read where a snake shifter was flirting with a tigress shifter, just to make a male tiger shifter jelous, I wouldnt mind a snake hehe sorry going off on a tangent.

There's a book about that? sweet! lol

MidnightAngel09

Quote from: Chrystal on January 24, 2011, 05:22:35 PM
*giggles* Cats and dogs?

Mreooowwwl!

Might be interested depending upon what you (we?) come up with...

Lol nice one

Chrystal

Okay, first of all, I'd like to share the benefit of my experience trying to organise an exotic type game.

Not wanting to put you off, because I am definitely interested, subject to what actual creatures are decided...

I think that TheHangedMan's idea of having divisions within the two tribes is unworkable in a practical sense. To make it work you would need at least eight players, four on each side, two each of a species... That is the minimum.

You would be far better to either specify two species, or simply allow people to pick whatever species they liked and then divide them up into tribes based upon some GM's arbitrary decision. If two players happened to pick the same species that would be pure coincidence, and they need not necessarily be on the same tribe!

In fact, you could do forest dwellers and field dwellers as the two tribes, or something like that.

If you get enough players, you could go with more than two tribes, but my advice would be to Keep It Simple! The more complex you make the plot, the harder it is to keep people interested, and the harder it is to keep it going. Plus you make a rod for your own back!

Anyway, that's my advice, for what little it's worth, speaking as someone who has watched all but one of her own group RPs fail (not including the one I restarted in the ones that didn't fail). What you do with it, is your choice.

I will still be interested if my advice is not followed, just so you know! *grin*

I would rather watch a movie then have dinner than have dinner then watch a movie!

TheHangedOne

Quote from: Chrystal on January 25, 2011, 01:57:52 PM
Okay, first of all, I'd like to share the benefit of my experience trying to organise an exotic type game.

Not wanting to put you off, because I am definitely interested, subject to what actual creatures are decided...

I think that TheHangedMan's idea of having divisions within the two tribes is unworkable in a practical sense. To make it work you would need at least eight players, four on each side, two each of a species... That is the minimum.

You would be far better to either specify two species, or simply allow people to pick whatever species they liked and then divide them up into tribes based upon some GM's arbitrary decision. If two players happened to pick the same species that would be pure coincidence, and they need not necessarily be on the same tribe!

In fact, you could do forest dwellers and field dwellers as the two tribes, or something like that.

If you get enough players, you could go with more than two tribes, but my advice would be to Keep It Simple! The more complex you make the plot, the harder it is to keep people interested, and the harder it is to keep it going. Plus you make a rod for your own back!

Anyway, that's my advice, for what little it's worth, speaking as someone who has watched all but one of her own group RPs fail (not including the one I restarted in the ones that didn't fail). What you do with it, is your choice.

I will still be interested if my advice is not followed, just so you know! *grin*
Constructive criticism is lovely, and, at least for me, greatly appreciated.  ;D
Check out my poet tree!

Chrystal

Quote from: TheHangedMan on January 25, 2011, 05:28:17 PM
Constructive criticism is lovely, and, at least for me, greatly appreciated.  ;D

Thanks, and equally, you're welcome... My idea here is to help get the game started with as little hassle as possible, and help keep it going. It can be very demoralising when your RP fold after a couple of weeks. I know from bitter experience!

MidnightAngel09

I have a snow day today so i don't need to be at work, soooo therefore i'll be working on this.

TheHangedMan I took what you said into condsertion and i agree the place should be small.
Faroe Islands.
Anyone got a problem?

There will be two tribes as of right now, if i get more then i might allow three tribes. Again anyone got a problem with that?
I think you should pick out your own speices. If a few of you pick the same speices then your in that tribe. Again anyone have a problem?
As of right now it'll be carnivores VS herbivores.

If anyone as any problems with it, let me know. And i apolgize for not doing this sooner, my two jobs keeps getting in the way. And also sorry if this post seems like i'm being a "B" word lol i'ma bit moody.

Thanks for your patience etc etc etc

Malgriff

hmmm Imma bee... a doe a deer a female deer ^^

Shadow879

Color me interested. As a fan of the Animorphs series, I must emulate my favorite character: Tobias. I'd like to shift into a predatory bird, or perhaps be aforementioned bird permanently, as was Tobias. The only predatory bird that still lives in that region is the Merlin, it's a type of falcon. This is according to wikipedia, if anyone happens to know differently, don't eat me...

So I suppose I'll be a member of the Carnivorous tribe.
Never back down, never look back.

How to make love to the Dark