Brave New World (a Post-Skyrim game) [1 female spot open]

Started by Wargtass, August 25, 2012, 11:16:34 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Question Mark

Poor Rold.  He feels older than anyone else in this game, except possibly Blind-Eye.  All you wacky people with your artificial longevity and mer genes.  *mutter mutter*

:P

AngelicBlade

Mine was cursed with youth but she some times feels as old as she is. ._.

Laughing Hyena

And to set the mood... One of my favorite bards in reality sings the triumph of the Dragonborn.

Tale of the Tongues - Skyrim Cover

AngelicBlade

Odd, I never heard that song before. ._.

Question Mark

It can only be sung by two bards in Skyrim (that blonde guy in Riverwood and someone else), and it can only be sung after Alduin's death.

So ya.

My personal favorite is:
Miracle Of Sound ft. Malukah - Legends Of The Frost (Original Skyrim song)

Wargtass

So, another processor later I am back!

Welcome LH, good to see you're fine and well! Azarel will be the ninth addition to the group!

I've taken your recommendations in consideration and decided on an Exotic Light for our little adventure. I am at work posting the IC as we speak! But for now you can huddle around the fire at Trygg's Inn in Helgen at the OOC here: https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=151019.0
O/O

Kaisude

Dang missed the chance to join. Though I have to say some really good reading when it came to all of your characters. Well done. If a spot opens up feel free to pm me Warg.

And when Savngarde beckons every one of us dies.

Wargtass

More spots will open up as they arrive at the Island, since it will become more of an open adventure with a red thread. IC done now, hope you enjoy the drunken shenanigans that Blind-Eye have in store!

https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=151027.0
O/O

azzmeister89

is it to late to join? if not here is a character sheet

Name: Tristan darkfang

Race: Nord

Height: 6ft

Weight: NA

Appearance: his hair is pitch black and shoulder length however due to its wavey curls it looks shorter, his eyes however are pale blue like moonlight due to his mother being a hag raven (yes his father was a bit twisted) he has one small scar running along side his left eye

Sexual orientation: Heterosexual

Back story: His father was a bandit who's father had been a member of the blades that joined the stormcloaks, when the war was lost Tristan's father ran away from home and became a bandit, twisted by his hate for the empire he allowed a deadric prince to corrupt his mind making him take a hag raven to bed, he was found by a group of priests of Standar who slaughtered him but took pity on the baby that had just been born.

he was taken to whiterun and given to the local blacksmith who taught him everything he knew of working metal, Tristan grew to be a master smith and even learns how to enchant weapons and armors from the court wizard, he is the one who creates the first dragon bone armor and weapon sets after he found a cave the dargonborn used to store the bones of killed dragons.

Major skills
1: smithing
2: enchanting
3: one handed weapons
4: block

Main weapons/spells Tristan does not use magic in combat but knows every enchantment, he fights with a sword made of dragon bone

Wargtass

As said above, more spots will open up in the future. Sorry for any inconvenience/soul-rending pain this may cause.  ;D
O/O

Wargtass

Drops this early? I'd never!  :P

Recruitment is reopened, 4 spots open.
O/O

azzmeister89

I would like to join with the character i have already given

sweets

You should shoot that Kaisude guy a PM Wargtass, he seemed pretty good.

Ironwolf85

I have an argonian up for approval, I've been wanting to do one of these for a long time.
Silverscale is mildly based on my dragonborn, more of a magical tank, and "explorer who has to unlock every magical secret".

Name: Silver-scale Arvess
Race: Argonian
Height: 6'2"
Weight: 213
Appearance:

Sexual orientation: Bi-sexual

Back story: Silverscale grew up on the docks of Windhelm, not even a twinkle in his mother's eye when the dragons were slain. Silverscale was born into the Skyrim Civil War. As nordic cultural pride and patrotisim flourished, fit to burst under Ulfric. He heard talk of war, of battle, he saw Stormcloaks training on a daily basis. Silver-scale's mother died of disease when he was 7 causing, leaving the young Argonian to eventually be sent by family to Honorhall orphanage. He blamed Ulfric and his followers for her death, and the neglect of the docks, the predjuice, and the poverty that prevented them from buying a potion.
It did not help at all when the cruel mistress of the orphanage, was murdered by an armored figure, and conditions improved...
Like the rest of the orphans he made a living stealing, and doing work for The Guild, or The Blackbriars. His magical talent for distruction allowing him to escape on multiple occasions, or fight back against riften's corrupt guards. The city only went downhill after the end of the civil war ended and Maven, eventually her son Sibbi, came to power.
He began adventuring at the age of 16, taking out his fustrations and rage on the various bandits, Drauger, and trolls, supplimenting his income working the forge with metals for he brought back and selling the jewlery to Modesti. He shiften blame for his problems with poverity from Ulfric and the nords, to just Sibbi and Riften, and so he went on holding grudges. A prime target for deadra, especally the tainted wispers of Morag-Bal.
What changed him was running into another argonian named Delves Deep, the haggard wretch of a woman shoved a cube of dwemer metal into his hands, The Lexicon. It called to him, gave him purpose, it wispered with the minds of millions, and wracked his brain. Even forcing him to sleepwalk in a single direction. Yet he could not throw it into the lake.
He followed it, using Clarvoyance to delve into a massive dwemer ruin overcoming traps, Falmer, and dwemer automons. Eventually the young adventurer came face to face with a dwarven weapon three times his height, made of steam, steel, and possessed of a wicked cunning. He destroyed it, returning the Lexicon, and as a reweard he imparted Dwemer knowlage to him, cramming knowlage of metalworking and armor training into his mind.
He went into the ruin an angry, spiteful mage. He came out a heavily armored hero. He has devoted the next ten years of his life to delving into dwemer and nordic ruins, (often on payroll of the mage's guild or Calcemo a famed dwemer scholar) and plunging into the depths of the underground. His ultimate triumph came when he was contacted to help discover how the dwemer dissapeared. After two years of research he and the mage he was working with succeded in replicating the process. Throwing the mage out of existance, and sending Silverscale plunging into the depths of Oblivion. He shifted back to Mundis a week later with his hand buried in the heart of one of Morag Bal's servants, bringing the corpse with him.
He seculded himself within the ruined forgeworks of Winterhold off the coast, and for a month worked tirelessly, scaring locals and mages alike with the colored fires bursting from the old forge. It was only the courier who interupted him, to deliver the letter.

When the letter arrived he learned his mother who died all those years ago was a Blade. for the first time it wasn't hate, or instinct, that drove him. It was pride, it was looking towards a brighter dawn.

Major skills
1: Destruction
2: Heavy Armor
3: Smithing
4: Sneak

Sign: The Steed

Main weapons/spells
Often prefering fire and electricity he carries a heavy mace as backup, however he has a varied repitore of spells. His armor is the ultimate expression of his metalurgical and distructive magical knowlage.
Prudence, justice, temperance, courage, faith, hope, love...
debate any other aspect of my faith these are the heavenly virtues. this flawed mortal is going to try to adhere to them.

Culture: the ability to carve an intricate and beautiful bowl from the skull of a fallen enemy.
Civilization: the ability to put that psycho in prision for killing people.

Wargtass

It's a hard decision to make. On one hand we already have one smith so far, but the overabundance of humans are gone as well. We have two beast-folk of each kind, both males, taking on a third would tip the balance the other way. But in the end I enjoyed the backstory of Silver-Scale, it served well in weaving in his choices. I'll have to take a moment to think this over, haven't had coffee all day.  :P
O/O

Ironwolf85

I can rearrange his skills, for whatever you need. In general he's towards the investigate and "explore because it's there" spectrum.
debate any other aspect of my faith these are the heavenly virtues. this flawed mortal is going to try to adhere to them.

Culture: the ability to carve an intricate and beautiful bowl from the skull of a fallen enemy.

kingmaster1

HI! I just found this and was hoping I could toss my hat in, I've been playing a massive amount of skyrim recently :-)
So, hopefully I don't get this wrong so I'm posting my character here ;D

Name: Fenrir Jorrvaskr
Race: Redguard
Height: 6"5'
Weight: 285
Appearance: http://colautumnsovercoat.deviantart.com/art/Skyrim-Redguard-Marcellino-329257998?q=boost%3Apopular%20skyrim%20redguard&qo=54
Sexual orientation: Bi (though very picky about the men)

Back story: Fenrir had been one of the first new members to the blades after the rediscovery of the dragon born. After seeing many dragons killed he felt he'd be on the side of the blades when the death of paarthurnax was questioned. But he couldn't get behind them. Paarthurnax was an honorable dragon and his death could have been avoided.

Though bitter he maintained his rank in the blades, wanting to rid Skyrim of the dragons entirely. He wasn't the closest person to blind-eye but he held respect for the Argonian, and didn't question his leaving. He stayed with the blades until the very end, but at that point he was too old to continue fighting, he was reassigned to strategy with Esberne who was near death to say the least.

When the time finally came and the blades were disbanded once again he took up brief residence in Whiterun, having bought a house there soon after the dragonborn had passed away. The blades may have disbanded but he still had fight in him which made him become a member of the companions, earning him the blood of the wolf and the respect of other companions.

On one such expedition with Aela he was confronted by the Daedric prince, Sanguine and earned his favor after a drinking game. With this favor he was given the gift of youth, leaving him in his best state over the many years. with this gift he lived with the companions in Jorrvaskr for a long, long time. He loved the life of an adventurer but his old comrades from the blades were creeping into his mind and he wished to see them once more.

Major skills
1: Two-handed
2: Heavy armor
3: Conjuration

Minor skills
1. Archery
2. Destruction
3. Enchantment

Equipment
1. Ebony warhammer (stamina damage)
2. Ebony bow (frost damage)
3. Ebony armor

Shout: Unrelenting Force

Ironwolf85

or maybe have him not simply as a blacksmith, but as a structural engineer, somebody has to put the buildings togeather

Armand

Armand

Name: Akil Muk'Min
Race:Redguard
Height:5'11"
Weight:190 lbs.
Appearance:
Spoiler: Click to Show/Hide
Sexual orientation:Heterosexual

Back story: Akil was born into a peaceful,free, and prosperous Hammerfell. With the defeat of The Dominion the Redguard were free to do as they pleased away from Imperial 'order' and the two classes of people in their lands became one. Akil was born into the Muk'Min, translating to 'True Believer', a tribe of Yokudan who were equivalent to the Vigils of Stendarr combined within The Twin Lamps. Most of the group on the outskirts into more Orc inhabited land where they were free from judgement to practice schools of magic and enchanting. As a child, he lived with his three older brothers, and grandmother. All of them soldiers, with the brains of mud-crabs, which made him stand out to his grandmother. Akil wasn't as strong or fierce as the others, he was even more quiet, but his intelligence and natural ability to hone magic made him a prime candidate to spread the glory of the Muk'Min. While the others would spar and venture into the wilderness in packs as animals, Akil would elevate himself in trees and read books, while others would strike down a weak stag, he would heal them, instead of trampling flowers he would gently pick them and replant them or study there uses. He was different in many ways, and figured out early he could persuade people to follow him or listen to his ideals. When his brothers had become of age, they joined the army, representing and protecting free Yokudans, yet when he was older, his grandmother an elder healer gave him something unique.

"Akil my child, you make me proud, you're a nurturer, a protector, a thinker, your horizons are broad, the painting you see is of a larger landscape than most. You befriend the wild[animals and orcs], you embrace the earth [herbs and magic], You must go."

Akil was startled upon hearing so, yet he understood. She reached out to him and handed him a scroll of conjuration, one she had always told him was no good and that he wouldn't need, a school looked down upon by his people, a scroll she knew only he among his kin would take seriously.

"Travel to the land of the Nords, and use this, to join the school of magic, you possess a unique gift from your father......Raan."

She whispered walking away from him as he sat next to a fire atop a pillow. He wasted no time, stood and began his journey. She wouldn't have steered him wrong, he wouldn't second guess, he was after all, 'A True Believer'.

Major skills
1:One Handed Weapons
2:Destruction
3:Enchanting
4:Speech

Main weapons/spells
Scimitar[x1][Fine]
Fireball[Adept]
Close wounds[Adept]
Hammerfell Garb

Shout
Raan Mir Tah [Not Yet] - Animal Allegiance

Wargtass

Silver Scale is welcome among the ranks. In this case I felt he was better presented than Tristan and decided thusly.

kingmaster, I'd ask you to review the character creation guide and make changes accordingly.

Armand, what connection does Akil have to the Blades? If you have any other connection in mind or if you would like to join the caravan along the way as a colonist, that is acceptable as well.

O/O

Charlemagne

If there are still 4 spots open, I'm looking to join.

I do have a few questions though.

I saw that some character pictures are not from Skyrim, and I like that. When it comes to weapons/character pictures, we can use things from other games/sites right?

I have a few ideas I'd like to use from Demon's/Dark Souls. I just want to okay it first. And also, I didn't read everything, but up above I noticed something about males/beasts/humans...and I need to know:

Are you still accepting human players? I'd prefer to RP a human, I just always do.

I'll see what goes down after I'm done with Uni today.

Armand

Quote from: Wargtass on October 10, 2012, 02:44:40 PM
Silver Scale is welcome among the ranks. In this case I felt he was better presented than Tristan and decided thusly.

kingmaster, I'd ask you to review the character creation guide and make changes accordingly.

Armand, what connection does Akil have to the Blades? If you have any other connection in mind or if you would like to join the caravan along the way as a colonist, that is acceptable as well.

His grandfather was meant to be a blade, which was why his grandmother told him of the gift of the voice. I'm sorry I wasn't clear enough about it in the back story. Akil is really on an aimless quest in the world of skyrim to gain knowledge of magic and the voice, until he had met up with your group I was thinking, maybe they knew of his grandfather and all that.

Armand

Also you know Hammerfell is seperate from the empire and there is distrust, so he wouldn't be part of an imperial caravan he'd be frowned upon.

Wargtass

Quote from: Armand on October 10, 2012, 03:34:20 PM
Also you know Hammerfell is seperate from the empire and there is distrust, so he wouldn't be part of an imperial caravan he'd be frowned upon.

I'm well aware, but Blind-Eye doesn't believe in distrust anymore.  :P

It's fully possible that the Blades would have met his grandfather, after all it was pretty much a Knights of the Round Table thing until the Paarthurnax debacle.

And of course, in light of that, welcome to the game!
O/O