Astrid's Request Thread (F x M)

Started by AstridGolden, August 01, 2012, 12:01:04 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

AstridGolden

Introduction

Truly, my biggest request is that you put some thought into your posts! And I'm not asking for novels; quality and quantity are not the same. But I would like to partner with someone who is creative and wants to fuel a great plot (the key word here being plot; I love smut as much as the next person, but for the most part I'm only interested in plot-driven roleplays).

I know I'm brand new to the site, but I've been roleplaying for several years and began back when Avidgamers was around (big sigh). I'm on Blue Moon as well.

The Basics

1. I always play a female, sorry!
2. I prefer to play one character at a time (NPCs notwithstanding).
3. You can check out my Ons and Offs page; the link is in my signature.
4. Again, I feel the need to reiterate that I place a heavy emphasis on a good, drawn-out story (Note: I like romance. And I think it freaks people out because they automatically assume that means mushy-gushy lovey-dovey dialogue or knight-rescues-damsel-from-dragon scenarios. Romance means emotional connection. It allows me to bring internal struggles, thought processes, dynamism, etc. to the roleplay).
5. I can roleplay in past, present, or future time frames, and I'm okay with moderate levels of fantasy.
6. I play over the boards, e-mail, Google Docs, occasionally messenger systems, whatever...

I love a good plot (Have I mentioned that? Think George R.R. Martin: His writing may not be the best, but his character development and story lines are phenomenal), although it doesn't need to be contrived. Plots can grow out of solid writing and strong characters. You don't need to be overly descriptive as long as you can give me good material to work with. In return, I promise to do the same.

Feel free to message me if you're interested or have questions!

Potential Plots (a work in progress)

Fandoms

The Lord of the Rings

So I'm probably going to incense all LotR fans because I've only read The Fellowship of the Ring, and that was several years ago. However, I love the movies; they've been my favorite since TFotR's release in 2001. I've seen them each about a thousand times... But for all the book fans - look at it this way: they're easier to work from in terms of romance and smut considering the books don't have much of either, and we don't have to even try to pretend we could ever write/create like Tolkien. I'd love to do one that involves Éowyn and Aragorn or Faramir, for example. I'm open to ideas!

EDIT: I am no longer taking requests for ASoIaF/GoT roleplays. I'm maxed out, although I'm still willing to do something that falls into the same sort of medieval-fantasy genre.

A Song of Ice and Fire

I know GRRM hates fanfiction, but that's not going to stop me. I actually prefer to play canons, though I don't mind at all if you play an OC. I'm really flexible here as well. I could play Dany, Sansa, Cersei (not really interested in Arya for these "types" of roleplays, though it's open to discussion) or any of the lesser characters. I'd be cool playing mentioned characters only in the history as well (e.g., Visenya Targaryen). We could either start where ADwD leaves off and create our own story line from there, or we could build anew from an earlier time/book.

Generics

Romeo and Juliet

Maybe with a modern-day setting (Baz Luhrmann, anyone?). I've got several different ideas behind the family rivalry. For example, it could be fueled by class warfare, business competition, a political campaign, etc. You know the story - a young man and a young woman from each of the families meet, fall in lust and mistake it for true love. C'mon, Romeo knew Juliet for, like, 30 seconds before he declared his undying love for her; the guy was just a horny teenaged boy! The characters would have to develop their relationship in secrecy, and undoubtedly one of their family members or friends would find out. From there, we can be creative. I'm open to suggestions, of course - I always love a clever twist. (I'd also be willing to add a fantastical element to this. So for example, instead of two feuding families there could be two warring races or kingdoms.)

Her Mother's Daughter

The female character is college-aged but turns down school to continue living at home because of her mother, who a) cannot afford to send her and b) is dealing with immense emotional/drug problems surrounding her husband's recent death. A man enters the picture here, though what kind of man is totally up to you. The mother could start dating, and the boyfriend and the daughter become involved. Or she could start seeing a therapist who makes house calls. The daughter resents him, aware of the fact that his relationship with her mother has become sexual, and he finds her indignation attractive. Perhaps the daughter hires a man to date her mom - the daughter's misguided attempt to help her mother back on her feet - and she meets secretly with the faux-boyfriend weekly to discuss how things are going. Naturally, they are drawn to one another. This plot is basically a shell with lots of options!

An Unlikely Romance

I'd be interested in some sort of relationship developing between two unlikely people. For example, there is a princess of a small kingdom who is in an arranged marriage to a prince of a larger kingdom (brought about by her father's desire to increase the power of their house). The princess spends most of her time riding her horse - a passion that her parents condemn as a product of being too free-spirited - and she becomes romantically involved with the stablehand.

Or: A young man and woman are enrolled at the same school. He is from a rich neighborhood on one side of town, and she is from a poorer one on the other side. They meet and eventually fall in love, although she hides her family and real-life circumstances from him, afraid his friends, parents, and - worst of all - he will reject her. The events would culminate in a scene where he finds out and is so infuriated by her lies that he ends things with her. Obviously, how the story would play out from there depends...

Or: A war-time setting: my first thoughts go to World War II - perhaps a Jewish girl and a Nazi soldier (fighting not because of any anti-Semitism but because he thinks it's what he is supposed to do as a German) fall in love and have to keep their relationship a secret. This also creates an opportunity for the soldier to somehow help her or her family and risk being branded a traitor by the Gestapo. This scenario works for other wars, even made-up ones. We could discuss the options. [TAKEN]

Begrudged - NEW

I'm interested in pairings in which either one character doesn't like the other or they both dislike each other... but they're forced into a situation where they have to spend time together, and they eventually develop sexual and romantic chemistry (the order could vary, depending on the scenario). A couple examples include: two people who are participants in a psychology study that requires them to live in a small space together; two co-workers who are put on a project that requires to travel frequently together (this could also have a Mr. and Mrs. Smith feel to it); or two undercover agents who have to pose in their secretive roles as a couple.

Beauty and the Beast - NEW

This is fairly self-explanatory (and inspired by the upcoming release of the new film, yes!). We could either play it out fairly straightforwardly or put our own spin on the story.
“A dead thing can go with the stream, but only a living thing can go against it.”

O&O // Request Thread

ReanimateMagnus

You've got me hooked, send me a PM.

AstridGolden

I added a plot idea - Romeo and Juliet. More to come later...
“A dead thing can go with the stream, but only a living thing can go against it.”

O&O // Request Thread

AstridGolden

And another plot - this one about a daughter's struggle with an emotionally unstable mother and how that struggle leads to a romance.

O&O // Request Thread

AstridGolden

I added another umbrella plot idea about an improbable romance with a couple examples/suggestions.

O&O // Request Thread

Panduhmoanium

Quote from: AstridGolden on August 01, 2012, 12:01:04 AM
An Unlikely Romance

I'd be interested in some sort of relationship developing between two unlikely people. For example, there is a princess of a small kingdom who is in an arranged marriage to a prince of a larger kingdom (brought about by her father's desire to increase the power of their house). The princess spends most of her time riding her horse - a passion that her parents condemn as a product of the princess being too free-spirited - and she becomes romantically involved with the stablehand.

Or: A young man and woman are enrolled at the same school. He is from a rich neighborhood on one side of town, and she is from a poorer one on the other side. The meet and become romantically involved, although she hides her family and real-life circumstances from him, afraid his friends, parents, and - worst of all - he will reject her. The events would culminate in a scene where he finds out and is so infuriated by her lies that he ends things with her. Obviously, how the story would play out from there depends...

I'd be interested in either of these.

AstridGolden

O&O // Request Thread

AstridGolden

The Unlikely Romance (WWII version) is now taken.

O&O // Request Thread

AstridGolden

I added my fandom interests, which are - very obviously - limited.

O&O // Request Thread

AstridGolden

I have been MIA for a while because of family emergencies (I won't go into more detail than that) but am back online. Thanks.

O&O // Request Thread

AstridGolden

O&O // Request Thread

AstridGolden

O&O // Request Thread

AstridGolden

Edited to include two new storyline/pairing ideas - Begrudged and Beauty & the Beast.

O&O // Request Thread

AstridGolden

O&O // Request Thread