Betrayed...but by who

Started by Lady Jenn, January 05, 2012, 05:42:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Animegurl5

"It's either blind luck on your part or complete skill on the part of the shooter. Did Tyler tell you about who we saw while on our little mission? If they have somebody like that on their team, there is no telling the level of their sharp shooters." She stated, looking at him for the first time since arriving.
For the rest of the month, my schedule will be awkward and unpredictable. Please pardon my absenses and delayed replies.

https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=131173.0

Lady Jenn

"I heard," he said, grimacing. "I also know who their sharpshooter was, I don't know if he realised I recognised him, but even five years after I saw him I'd still know him anyway. Luigi Ravelli, ex-Mafia hitman, not sure how Firebrand recruited him but I have a good idea."

Animegurl5

((Sorry, I realized only today that my message didn't make it through to some people. I was out on a family thing for over a week. It was tons of fun but I didn't get access to a computer the whole time so now I'm back and really excited to continue. :) ))

"I've heard of him. My cousin is a cop and I remember he would talk to me about his cases alot. One of them being the mysterious dissappearance of Luigi as a suspect. It was coughed up to lucky get away. Unfortuneatly my cousin never let it go, and ended up going missing as well. Turned up crazy a week later. It was aweful... Doctors diagnosed it as PTSD, said that who ever took him must have done a number on him. I'm sure he saw something he shouldn't have and payed the price for it. He's a complete loon now." She said with a sigh and a shrug. "Always was a bit nosey, that one. Anyways, welcome back from the dead. It's good to see you on your feet again." She added to change the subject.
For the rest of the month, my schedule will be awkward and unpredictable. Please pardon my absenses and delayed replies.

Lady Jenn

"I assume they've warned you about Rajkovic?" Rochelle asked, watching him carefully. "They told me what he did to you."

"Its not me he hurt," he replied. "But that's something for Petra to divulge if she wants to. We'd better sleep though, we're gonna have a lot of details to take in come tomorrow morning."

(don't worry, I assumed if you'd have said if you didn't want to continue the RP lol)

Animegurl5

((Lol, true. I can't stand leaving something unfinished, so deserting an rp is out of the question for me. ;) ))

"I would love to curl up and fall asleep but with the current state I'm in, I doubt I will be sleeping for a while. I ended up giving all my weapons to Morrison, just so I wouldn't kill myself in my sleep." She hung her head dramatically, then returned it to normal with a smile. "Never mind that, I think I will just continue wandering about."

Lady Jenn

"I might join you," Turk said. "Not sure I can sleep well at the moment. You should sleep though Rochelle, if Raven are needed again they'll need their sharpshooter in a fit state to shoot."

"Fine dad," Rochelle replied teasingly. "Guess I'll see you two at the brieing tomorrow if I don't before then." She headed off towards the dorm rooms on the other side of the messhall, leaving the other two alone.

Animegurl5

Sky watched Rochelle leave before turning and heading off in her own direction. She was silent for a while before she finally figured out what question it was that she really wanted to ask. "So why didn't you shoot me? You could have fired at any point, but you hesitated and I want to know why." Out of the corner of her eyes she watched him, awaiting the answer she had been searching for.

Lady Jenn

"For one thing Morrison would've killed me," he said with a laugh. "But I would've never shot to kill you, I got trained a long time ago to be able to take shots that can incapacitate someone but won't kill them. It knocks you out for an hour or two but unless the person taking the shot is useless it doesn't kill you."

Animegurl5

"Still, you couldn't possibly have thought I would back down. Hell, the moment I woke up after crashing I tried to kill Morrison and company because you were shot. My mind hadn't the time to catch up with events and so I figured that who ever it was that shot you, must have come to retrieve me. I wasn't the happiest." She laughed half heartedly. "To be honest. I think in your decision not to shoot me you wounded my pride worse than anything. I know it's childish, but I couldn't help feeling that I wasn't good enough to shoot, that I wasn't worth wasting the bullet." With a shrug, the girl looked at the floor, mind playing back the scene over and over again.

Lady Jenn

"Hey, it could be worse," he said. "According to the doc the only reason Ravelli missed was because he had to rush his shot to avoid giving his position away. That combined with the fact my car was moving when he took the shot meant what should've killed me missed. Ravelli's not the kind of guy who misses, I've seen the trail of hits he's left behind him."

<gotta go I'm afraid. assuming you aren't on early tomorrow I'll be on at about 10.30 or so my time so hopefully see you then :)>

Animegurl5

"One lucky man, though it can also be argued that the fact you were shot in the first place is far from lucky." Sky smirked, stretching out her muscles to relieve the tension that had built from her duel. She quietly continued humming the song that had first been interrupted by Rochelle.

Lady Jenn

"Want to see something?" he asked, reaching under his uniform and pulling out a pendant which he opened, revealing pictures of two beautiful young women. "The girl on the left is my sister, Mareena, I haven't seen her for...a while, far too long in fact. The other girl is my fiancee, Delia. When this is over we're going to get married, assuming I make it out of this alive that is," he said with a slightly embarrassed laugh."

<yay, I managed to be on for one post. I'll be back in four hours or so, hopefully you'll be on at some point later :)>

Animegurl5

((Haha, yeah I should be on around then. I don't think I have any plans today. :P ))

"They are quite beautiful, the both of them. Congratulations and good luck with the wedding. You know, the more I get to know everyone here, the more I realize that everyone here has some sort of fiancee or girlfriend, sibling or somebody to protect. I just don't have that anymore... saying as the girl I thought was my sister is now dead. And the best part, I pulled the trigger. How messed up is that?" She was growling by the time she finished, and had to pause to take a calming breath.

Lady Jenn

"I'd say you have more bravery than a lot of people on this base," he said, watching her. "From what I heard you're the only one either than Tyler willing to take the shot. Real bravery is being able to do what has to be done, no matter what you might lose. I lost contact with Mareena because I thought people might try to use her to get to me if they realised our link."

Animegurl5

"Don't mistake my childish pride for bravery... but thanks anyway. I find, however, the more these guys mess with me the more I want to play. They are just one step away from learning the true meaning of poking the bear." Sky sniffed, rolling her neck and listening to each individual pop. "In our case, is it legal to make heads roll? Literally?" She looked over at Turk, her eyes and smile beaming with a childish innocence. The kind every kid used when the candy went missing.

Lady Jenn

"I don't know how legal what we're doing is," Turk said with a slightly awkward laugh. "I don't think we're worring about that right now though, I spose the danger is if we spend too long fussing about whether its legal or not our opponents are going to make their move. Not sure they're too fussed about the law."

Animegurl5

"Yeah, you are probably right. They play by their own rules and I don't like it, then again we are playing by our own rules as well. Kind of makes you think a little about what lengths people will go to for what they want. What good is the law if no body follows it? It's something I have wondered for years, watching people sneak food for the starving... Pretending to be a charity and then using the money for personal gain... This country is seriously messed up and what's even better is that the justice system and the government turn away and pretend not to see. It's disgraceful, but it's also a part of human nature so what can we do?"

Lady Jenn

"If you grew up where I did America would look like a utopia in comparison," he said with a slight laugh. "I was born in what's now Kosovo a few years before the Balkans conflict started. Most of the early part of my life was spent in the middle of a warzone. Its how I crossed paths with Rajkovic originally."

Animegurl5

"Well I guess when you put it that way I would have to say that my displeasure is not with the countries and the governments but with those who are running them as well as those who inhabit them. Not much of a people person, can't you tell?" She laughed again, the smile actually reaching her eyes for the first time in a while.

Lady Jenn

"You seem like a nice girl to me," he replied. "Plus I get the impression you're the first girl Morrison has been interested since...well, that's for him to tell you, not me, don't think he'd appreciate me giving his secrets away." There was the sound of commotion from outside the building, suddenly wrenching TUrk's attention from the conversation. "I think we need to check this one out," he said.

Animegurl5

"Thanks Turk." She rolled her eyes with a short laugh. It didn't last long though, for the sound that ended their conversation immediatley caught Sky's attention. Her face faded to a sort of 'mission mode', her muscles tensing. "Agreed. Let's go check it out."

Lady Jenn

As they came out they found a huge RAF decorated transport plane landing on the runway, Tom and Morrison waiting for the plane to stop while Rochelle stood by the doorway to the dorms.

"Apparentely Fizz and Tyler called in a few favours," she said. "They've got the best SAS team and Royal Marines they could get, apparentely these guys are the cream of the crop. We're not having as much luck getting any current Navy SEALs to help us though, even with the number of ex-SEALs we have."

Animegurl5

"Shame we couldn't get SEALs but if I know my facts correctly, these guys are extremely good. How did those two get to the point where they were owed favors by these guys? On second though, not sure I want to know about what went wrong. Anyways, they sure got here fast."

Lady Jenn

"Apparentely Tyler has had these guys on stand-by since he realised Firebrand were targetting the UN," Rochelle replied. "All it needed was for Fizz to get permission from MI6 to be able to deploy them in a...strictly non-governmental mission. As for favours, I don't think they've been doing anything naughty, but your guess is as good as mine as to what they did." As the troops got out of the plane Rochelle wolf-whistled as she saw the man who was leading them. "Geez, they really have got the best. That's Tam O'Reilly, Irish-born Royal Marine thought to be that good a gunman that he could shoot the tires off an armoured car from 100 yards. He's that good he's a legend in the US, nevermind in Britain."

Animegurl5

"Rochelle, when you say it like that it makes him sound like the world's best criminal. You know that right?" Still, Skylar couldn't deny that he wasn't all that bad looking. Dropping her voice, she smirked at Turk. "Are you sure it wasn't anything naughty? Kidding." She laughed as quietly as she could, attempting to return her face to normal.