Vampire: The Masquerade - DC By Night

Started by Nicolae, March 23, 2014, 08:59:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

RubySlippers

Does the New Age Shop do rare book searches and handle special orders?

VonDoom

But of course, and very discreetly! Though if people start to inquire about works of actual magical worth, they might get a friendly visit ... to make sure nothing nefarious is going on, of course. >)
Now this is the Law of the Jungle-
as old and as true as the sky;
And the Wolf that shall keep it may  prosper,
but the Wolf that shall break it must die.

-Rudyard Kipling, "The Law of the Jungle"
O&O

RubySlippers

No, she actually doesn't have Occult as a knowledge area so would get OOP books rather common not real books on magical theory. But she might like to take some classes in the Occult to add a dot to that, the kind of common things mortals might study.

VonDoom

Of course, and we have some wonderful recommendations for the enterprising knowledge seeker, too. But that is probably best discussed in game. ;)

@Miroque That reminds me, as a native German speaker and Austrian, your character's last name would likely be Schwarzberg or Schwarzenberg if you want to go for accuracy. :)

O&O

RubySlippers

I know she will come in asking for an OOP copy of likely books on Left Hand Path sexual rituals and the like.  O:)

kckolbe

All right, char sheet submitted.  Will post up some details if he is approved.
Ons/Offs  A/A  Oath of the Drake
(From the Penis Game) Dr. Strangelove or: How I Learned to Stop Worrying and Love the Penis
I love a wet nymph.  "Letting some guy have [her] just to have another woman is a losing trade"

Buffy: The Vampire Slayer(IC#2)
Intro Thread

Miroque

@VonDoom: I know. But trick is its not her real name. Just a an wordgame. Btw im from Finland so lets hope timezones will not hinder the flow too much.

VonDoom

Wow, I seriously need to stop posting from work ... I pointed out German name accuracies and managed to get the last part of your character's name wrong, even. Sorry about that, Miroque. :-[

(Schwarzgeist sounds like the most natural language-accurate version to me, just to correct myself.)

O&O

Miroque

@VonDoom : no worries. Good to know my 3years of language studies were correct :) And im at work aswell.. friging nightsift..

kckolbe

No worries about time zone, Miroque.  I know you are active and I am GMT+3, nor am I a daily poster.  Here's my char, by the way.

Name: Robert Dwyer
Clan: Malkavian
Sire: Stephen Norton
Apparent Age: 35
Hair: Brown
Eyes: Hazel
Race: Caucasian
Nationality: US
Height: 5'11"
Weight: 180
Sex: Male

Robert fervently believes that the Greek pantheon is real.
Ons/Offs  A/A  Oath of the Drake
(From the Penis Game) Dr. Strangelove or: How I Learned to Stop Worrying and Love the Penis
I love a wet nymph.  "Letting some guy have [her] just to have another woman is a losing trade"

Buffy: The Vampire Slayer(IC#2)
Intro Thread

Miroque

Question about the setting: How much of DC by nights is viable? How big is DC kindred population, witch clans are the most numerous and who's who among the starlight Jyhad?

Florence

Quote from: Miroque on March 27, 2014, 02:43:20 PM
Question about the setting: How much of DC by nights is viable? How big is DC kindred population, witch clans are the most numerous and who's who among the starlight Jyhad?

Any how many politicians are literal bloodsuckers instead of just figurative ones? :D
O/O: I was going to make a barebones F-list as a rough summary, but then it logged me out and I lost my progress, so I made a VERY barebones F-list instead: Here.

Miroque

To hold public office is dire violation of masquerade.. but ghouling one is okay.

Ebb

Quote from: Miroque on March 27, 2014, 03:25:07 PM
To hold public office is dire violation of masquerade.. but ghouling one is okay.

I'd also imagine it would be almost impossible to hold public office and not be able to go outside during daylight hours.

AndyZ

I'd be leery of even ghouling them, due to the age thing.  Politicians can stay in office for decades, and even the ones that leave often stay in the news.  Better to stick to blackmail and Disciplines.
It's all good, and it's all in fun.  Now get in the pit and try to love someone.

Ons/Offs   -  My schedule and A/As   -    My Avatars

If I've owed you a post for at least a week, poke me.

Miroque

@andyD : true that but with ghouling i ment more than giving them immortality.. bloodbond is far superior to any blackmailing.. ghoul for an week and keep him o  the juice say ones a mo th or even less to keep the cravings on...make them come to you with gifts :) no need for disciplines there..

Florence

O/O: I was going to make a barebones F-list as a rough summary, but then it logged me out and I lost my progress, so I made a VERY barebones F-list instead: Here.

VonDoom

Bloodbond without Ghouldom does carry a greater risk of causing a potential masquerade breech, when the person obsessed with you figures out you're a vampire. Or attracts the wrong sort of attention. Good old traditional blackmail, with neither Discipline nor Blood bond, is always the safest bet from the Masquerade angle, if perhaps not the fastest or most effective.

O&O

RubySlippers

Quote from: Ebb on March 27, 2014, 03:27:51 PM
I'd also imagine it would be almost impossible to hold public office and not be able to go outside during daylight hours.

Not really find a medical condition that might explain your condition, get a verification and invoke the ADA and you can work only at night. You just need the background Alternate Identity 1 or 2 for the paper trail.

AndyZ

It's all good, and it's all in fun.  Now get in the pit and try to love someone.

Ebb

Quote from: RubySlippers on March 27, 2014, 04:02:22 PM
Not really find a medical condition that might explain your condition, get a verification and invoke the ADA and you can work only at night. You just need the background Alternate Identity 1 or 2 for the paper trail.

I'll grant a small chance of that working for some professions. For politics, where you have to get elected and you can't show up at campaign events during the day? Not a prayer. And not being able to show up to committee meetings, or scheduled votes, or meet with constituents?

RubySlippers

I usually took it as a cover so a vampire can go shopping or ask for special accommodations but in the modern nights with on-line shopping its less necessary.

AndyZ

Well, there are various jobs at the Cat's Eye if a vampire is worried about getting a job and wants to make sure they aren't expected to do daytime.

RubySlippers

She likely will be a customer over an employee.  ;D

AndyZ