⸻ ᴛʜᴇ ᴅᴇᴠɪʟ's ᴄᴜᴘ. {high fantasy}{open freeform sandbox}{a tavern for all}

Started by paperdoll, December 28, 2018, 09:32:41 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Drakan

Name: Basil Von Junipper
Race: Half-Angel
Occupation/Status: Brewmaster and Spirit's master

Blurb:  As a half-angel, Basil could have been anything the mortal world could offer.  Attending university, he graduated as one of the top 5 students, excelling in economics and banking.  Yet after he graduated he decided to travel across the known corners of the continent to see what cultures and knowledge lay beyond his home.  The trip lasting for over a year ended him returning as a new man.  No longer was he interested in being a merchant, or serving some lord or royalty.  No in fact his travels had him develop his talents as a brew-master and craftsman of various spirits.  Visiting multiple nations he learned and developed several recipes for signatures concoctions guaranteed to drown you in taste and toxicity. Interestingly enough when he returned from his vacation he had received an invitation to the Devils Cup for an interview for chief brew-master of the establishment.

Skills/talents:
Beer/Wine and Spirits alchemist
Strong tolerance to Alcohol
Sharp Taste
Intuitive

Description:
Basil's appearance seemed to make it easy to slip-in with a crowd of humans.  Practically everything about seemed similar to that of a particular human.  Standing a little less then six foot, his physique seemed rather weak compared to most men you usually come to the Devil's Cup, likely due to raising and time spent learning rather then mastering a blade.   Yet despite no formal form training he didn't allow himself to let go, making to eat and live a healthy lifestyle.  Yet his smokey gray eyes and white hair were clear signs of angelic background.  Not to mention when he does get intoxicated his halo (which he'll normally keep cloaked from human eyes) will appear.  Otherwise he'll normally will be found having a smoke, especially certain weeds following his drinking.  Clothing wise he keeps himself casual, but knows when the situation calls for him to step up on his formality.  Often though he'll usually wear a black tall jacket, black Sumerian pants, and a white sleeveless collared shirt. 

Personality:
Basil has a way of allowing himself to be distracted to easily, especially when it comes to his gift in alchemy of the spirits nature.  Often he becomes so focused that he completely ignores everything around him, even if people are actually calling out for  him.  Once you have his attention however, he becomes attentive and analytical of anything told to him.  The so called “Human interaction” however seemed a little obtuse to him since his priorities have almost made him a workaholic, almost untrained to social interactions.  Shyness therefore can be common for him especially when cornered.

paperdoll

Quote from: paperdoll on December 30, 2018, 09:00:23 AM
Ephemeral, that's a marvelous character! Please, post the sheet in the link given in the quoted message and include a status! Thank you!

Absolutely lovely character! This is the thread for the character sheets, Drakan~

Drakan

okay excellent shall I go ahead and post it in the lore, structure and character guide thread then?  I posted it here first just to make sure that it met all the requirements necessary.

paperdoll

Giantmutantcrab

Hello!

Would there still be space available for this rp? I was looking for something high fantasy and freeform. I would have a barbarian adventurer to add to the bunch.

paperdoll

Quote from: Giantmutantcrab on January 05, 2019, 08:25:09 AM
Hello!

Would there still be space available for this rp? I was looking for something high fantasy and freeform. I would have a barbarian adventurer to add to the bunch.

Yes! Of course. You're welcome to join.

Giantmutantcrab

Quote from: paperdoll on January 05, 2019, 08:58:28 AM
Yes! Of course. You're welcome to join.

Yay!

Are there any things you want to see in the character sheet?

Can I send you a sheet here or through PM?

paperdoll

Quote from: paperdoll on December 30, 2018, 09:00:23 AM
Ephemeral, that's a marvelous character! Please, post the sheet in the link given in the quoted message and include a status! Thank you!

Here! Post it in this thread

Giantmutantcrab

paperdoll

paperdoll

Quote from: paperdoll on December 29, 2018, 05:56:26 PM
Update; I have made a thread for character sheets! Though, they are not a requirement. It's up to you whether you want to post one or not. The post also has a lot more details about the setting. You all should check it out!

⸻ ᴛʜᴇ ᴅᴇᴠɪʟ's ᴄᴜᴘ. { lore + structure + character archive }

If you do post a sheet, use whatever template you want but please add a 'status' section.

Statuses;

- Patron.
- Shareholder. [ only for selective characters ]
- Bartender.
- Serving Girl.
- Fighter.
- Courtesan.
- Smuggler/businessman.
- Seller/buyer at the Devil's Tail
- Literally, anything you want to be. As long as it fits into the setting.

This one!

Giantmutantcrab

Player Name: Giantmutantcrab
Character Name: Bjorn
Concept: Barbarian
Status: Adventurer, Bounty Hunter, Pit fighter, Thief... Whatever the situation requires, really.

Place of origin: The Valley of Bones, West Lands
Appearance: Bjorn is a Westerner and stands around 6’2” tall (190 cm) and weighs about 220 lbs (100 kg) nude. As most of his kin, Bjorn’s eyes are blue and his full mane of thick hair is somewhere between blonde and brown in color. He usually keeps his hair in a half-ponytail to prevent it from getting into his eyes. A lifetime of harsh living conditions and brutal combat has forged Bjorn’s body into a powerful frame with a dense musculature over thick, solid bones. His impressive frame moves with the sensual ease of a great cat, sculpted muscles rolling fluidly with each gesture. Traditional tattoos of his homeland decorate his torso and upper back. Bjorn possesses a rugged handsomeness to his visage and a lean, primal quality that can be quite alluring. His voice is clear and deep, with an accent of the West.

Bjorn usually carries a massive two-handed sword strapped to his back, sheathed in a leather scabbard that hangs from his fur-lined shoulder harness. His leather boots are covered with bear fur. His thick pants are held up by an intricate girdle, over which he wears a heavy leather kilt and steel leg plates. His twin war-axes are worn at the hips on his weapon belt, though he carries them in his hands when running or moving in stealth. A thick dagger is sheathed on the left side of the same weapon belt. Torcs of embossed steel are wrapped around his massive biceps. Bjorn rarely carries coin. Instead, he wears a gem-studded gold bracelet on his left wrist. For the folk of Valley of Bones, carrying coin is a noisy and clumsy affair; a stumble, a poorly closed pouch, a cut purse-string and one’s money is lost. Jewelry in the Valley of Bones is normally molded with predetermined weak points. In case of a mercantile exchange, simply snap off what is needed and keep the rest.

Mannerisms: Bjorn is usually direct in his approach and his intent. He has little patience for the forced, often disingenuous flourish of etiquette and social niceties that is expected of civilized folk, especially in formal settings. He is straight-forward in his speech without being intentionally abrasive; only an idiot passes off insults for honesty. However, this bluntness has often landed him in trouble. Bjorn has a sense of humor, although it is sometimes grim. He is an individualist who values freedom, both of himself and of others; few things make his savage blood boil more than slavery. It is the responsibility of the powerful to help the powerless. Why bother being strong if you do not use that strength to help those without it? He views laws as necessary in society but they are often confining and usually favor those who are already in positions of power. Bjorn is stubborn, loyal and dependable. His word is his bond and he does not swear an oath lightly. He does not hesitate to ask or offer help when it is needed, even if not necessarily wanted. Bjorn adheres to high principles, his barbaric code of honor, and is a positive force for helping others. He has no tolerance for those who use their abilities to abuse or dominate others. Bjorn judges people on what they do and what they say, not what they look like or where they come from. For this barbarian, life is simple; people make it complicated. He knows that he is not a Chosen One, blessed by the Gods, or even someone with a great destiny chosen for him; whatever will happen in his life, he will carve it out with his own two hands. He trusts his instincts and rarely second-guesses his intuition. He has a fire in his soul and an untamed heart. Bjorn lives furiously and passionately.

Background: Bjorn was raised in the savage, unforgiving West, also known as the Primal Lands or the Wild Lands. It is a place of untamed primordial flora and fauna, where only the smartest and strongest survive. The Valley of Bones, Bjorn’s place of birth, draws a jagged border between the Dune Sea to the far south and the Western lands proper. His village was built along the spine of what would have once been a cyclopean, long-dead beast’s skeleton. According to scholars, the whole southern sub-continent, including the Dune Sea and the Valley, had once been a deep inner sea, but the water somehow suddenly rescinded, trapping all aquatic life within to its communal doom. Over generations, those innumerable skeletons turned to dust and became the bone-white sands of the Dune Sea. The bones of certain gigantic creatures were left intact, giving the Valley of Bones its rather distinctive environment.

In the West, time and evolution seems to have been brought to a screeching halt ages ago. Animals and monsters, both mundane and ancient, can be found here. The Wild Lands are inhabited by several different races; Centaurs hunt wild game in the vast plains, while Minotaurs stalk prey within the deep, dark, ancient jungle-like woods that skirt the Valley’s westmost bone walls. Both races live side-by-side with Humans and Orcs within the Valley of Bones, forming a strange but functional community. Wild Elves, taller and stronger than their woodland counterparts, explore the Dune Sea upon light and sturdy catamarans, commercing with the “port” cities that dot the Valley of Bones. Until three Human generations or so ago, the people of the Valley lived as primitives, hunting and gathering and using bone-arrows and onyx-tipped spears to hunt and defend themselves. That all changed when fourteen Dwarven clans that abandoned their destitute homelands to the far North added themselves to the eclectic Valley society. They dug into the mineral-rich soil of the earth, teaching the Valley-folk about stonework and metalwork. The Dwarven craft changed the Valley of Bones and within a single Human generation, nearly everyone was outfitted with tools and weapons of steel. This allowed the Centaurs, Minotaurs, WIld Elves, Orcs and Humans to fight and hunt with an efficiency unknown to them up until this point. Gunpowder was impossible to make in the Valley, so Dwarf engineers instead focused on composite bows and repeating crossbows for long-range combat.

There was a fire in Bjorn’s heart that burned brighter and hotter than the scorching sun of the Valley of Bones. So he took to a small vessel with Wild Elves, and took to exploring the world. For nearly ten years he wandered, finding work as a hunter, a bodyguard, a mercenary, and even as a bounty hunter. He discovered much, both of the world and of himself. He has lived, he has loved, he has wandered, he has slayed... And he burns ever hotter for more. So his adventures brought him to the very core of the Empire, within the immense city of Tesaryn. And its black, sensual beating heart… The Devil’s Cup.

Peripherie

"Clouds come floating into my life, no longer to carry rain or usher
storm, but to add color to my sunset sky." - Rabindranath Tagore

Giantmutantcrab

Totoro

I'm interested in getting involved in this. A bit unreliable at the moment and not totally sure on a character, but the interest's here. I'll see if I can pull anything together.

Strega

Quote from: Peripherie on January 05, 2019, 04:59:15 PM
Have any courtesans yet?

Oooooo let's play Peri! (My own character hasn't appeared yet though but we can know each other since she used to dance for the tavern)

paperdoll

Love your character @Giantmutantcrab!

[/quote]
Quote from: Peripherie on January 05, 2019, 04:59:15 PM
Have any courtesans yet?

Not quite, feel free to jump in as one, if you wish!

Quote from: Sun Wukong on January 05, 2019, 05:13:28 PM
I'm interested in getting involved in this. A bit unreliable at the moment and not totally sure on a character, but the interest's here. I'll see if I can pull anything together.

Well, technically, there are no restrictions on posting in any definite amount of time, so you can join and post whenever you like

Giantmutantcrab

Peripherie

Giantmutantcrab

Totoro

My idea pulled together pretty easily. Definitely going to get involved in this one way or another.

Peripherie

Bibliophilia

Drakan