Pokémon Light and Shadow: The Land of Arcaia

Started by Thunder Splash, September 07, 2017, 12:35:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Thunder Splash

Also as a quick question what forum do you guys think I should put the main thread in? I know there is exotic since interest in human x pokémon relationships has been expressed, or if you guys think another forum would be better suited to this rp? Thoughts?

JoanieSappho

I have interest in that, but this game seems more mild. From the sound of what you actually want to run, Human Light sounds like a better fit.

kingmaster1

Quote from: Thunder Splash on September 13, 2017, 01:06:39 AM
Carter is approved! And for Salem I like what I'm seeing, let me know when she is complete.

Barring life getting in the way tomorrow I should have the character page up for you all to post these in and hopefully will have the main thread open before too long as well.

woohoo!! :-D

Thunder Splash

Quote from: JoanieSappho on September 13, 2017, 09:25:42 AM
I have interest in that, but this game seems more mild. From the sound of what you actually want to run, Human Light sounds like a better fit.
That's what I was thinking too. Hope that' she alright with you.

Ixy

Quote from: Thunder Splash on September 13, 2017, 01:06:39 AM
Carter is approved! And for Salem I like what I'm seeing, let me know when she is complete.

Thank you-- I've added some info and it's complete...ish? Always up for suggestions on revision

kingmaster1

Quote from: Ixy on September 13, 2017, 10:51:46 AM
Thank you-- I've added some info and it's complete...ish? Always up for suggestions on revision

Ayyy, we can have a gengar/alakazam rivalry going! ^_^

Thunder Splash

You know what, I like to keep options open for my players, so I'm doing light for sure, but I think I'll put it in light exotic just incase. Light fits the mood and exotic keeps human x pokémon on the table for those who wish to dabble with it. I've joined rps put into odd catalogues just to allow small things so I think I'll do the same.

Thunder Splash

Quote from: Ixy on September 13, 2017, 10:51:46 AM
Looks good to me, Salem is approved. I like that you chose to make her be from Orre, I wasn't not sure if anyone would choose that region.

Ixy

Quote from: kingmaster1 on September 13, 2017, 10:52:52 AM
Ayyy, we can have a gengar/alakazam rivalry going! ^_^
Long way to go yet before my ghost cloud gets a body :)

Ixy

Quote from: Thunder Splash on September 13, 2017, 10:53:13 AM
You know what, I like to keep options open for my players, so I'm doing light for sure, but I think I'll put it in light exotic just incase. Light fits the mood and exotic keeps human x pokémon on the table for those who wish to dabble with it. I've joined rps put into odd catalogues just to allow small things so I think I'll do the same.

I think that's perfect.

Does anyone like the idea of slightly.. not completely, just slightly. . Tweaking individual Pokemon appearances to be a little more exotic, humanoid, creepy, etc?  Just a question. I kind of hope that if there's Pokemon/trainer action, they can be a little more exotic for my mind's eyes' sake.  I'm excited about potential interactions involving creatures with would power and inhuman capability, but imagining a compromising position being interrupted by big fire eyes and hearing "Charmander Chaaaaaarrrrr" might just kill the mood a bit.

Thunder Splash

Quote from: Ixy on September 13, 2017, 11:26:16 AM
I think that's perfect.

Does anyone like the idea of slightly.. not completely, just slightly. . Tweaking individual Pokemon appearances to be a little more exotic, humanoid, creepy, etc?  Just a question. I kind of hope that if there's Pokemon/trainer action, they can be a little more exotic for my mind's eyes' sake.  I'm excited about potential interactions involving creatures with would power and inhuman capability, but imagining a compromising position being interrupted by big fire eyes and hearing "Charmander Chaaaaaarrrrr" might just kill the mood a bit.
lol, i think the interactions are going to be more with pokemon that are humanoid, like Gardevoir, or Machamp, or Infernape. Any of the ones in that are already humanoid.

pdragon

Personally my pokemon are gonna stay normal and not humanized in any way. I mean, I feel like if someone is down with pokemon/human relations in the first place they'd probably be ok with the pokemon being as they are anyways.
What a thrill...with silence and darkness through the night....

Request Thread

kingmaster1

Thunder Splash

Yeah, I'm thinking we'll leave them alone, the only alterations allowed will be things like shiny pokemon, or putting clothes or accesories on the pokemon like they do in contests.

kingmaster1

Quote from: Thunder Splash on September 13, 2017, 12:10:47 PM
Yeah, I'm thinking we'll leave them alone, the only alterations allowed will be things like shiny pokemon, or putting clothes or accesories on the pokemon like they do in contests.

Can my buneary be shiny? :O

Thunder Splash

Quote from: kingmaster1 on September 13, 2017, 12:11:50 PM
Can my buneary be shiny? :O
Yes but I do want to put this rule down now that though shiny pokemon will be allowed I will only allow one shiny per person. So s she the one you want? Or is there another pokemon you'll want down the line that you'd like to be shiny?

pdragon

What a thrill...with silence and darkness through the night....

Request Thread

Thunder Splash

Yes, shinies for all!! Limit one per character, no returns, exchanges, or refunds.

And to let everyone know the Info thread and OOC are up. Thought the info thread is nowhere near complete and only has the map. Feel free to post accepted characters to the info thread. links are in the first post.

kingmaster1

Quote from: Thunder Splash on September 13, 2017, 12:17:24 PM
Yes but I do want to put this rule down now that though shiny pokemon will be allowed I will only allow one shiny per person. So s she the one you want? Or is there another pokemon you'll want down the line that you'd like to be shiny?

Yes! A shiny lopunny is the main shiny I would want over any others ^_^

Thunder Splash

Quote from: kingmaster1 on September 13, 2017, 12:31:04 PM
Yes! A shiny lopunny is the main shiny I would want over any others ^_^
Then you may have her. Feel free to update it on your character sheet.

kingmaster1

Gardsorm

Late in chiming in with my interest. Hoping to have a profile up soon... If not, a few days from now once i'm done moving.

Edit: Here we gooooo

=====

Name: Graham Sheffield

Appearance: Initial appearances would often lead one to believe Graham is a troublemaker. Were this about seven or eight years before, that would most likely be true... As it stands, however, it's little but a lack of care in his personal appearance that leads him to simply wear whatever he feels like wearing at a given moment. He has semi-long teal(*) hair that hangs just to around the base of his neck in back, while only reaching down to about his cheeks infront. When seen ingame, he's usually seen wearing something on his left arm that appears to be a gloved device attached to a cable that runs to a shoulder attachment. Occasionally questioned about this, Graham maintains its nothing more than a good luck charm... However, residents from Orre are likely to recognize it for what it is.
Sexuality: Heteroflexible
Region of origin: Unova
Occupation: Pokemon Thief/Cipher Peon (Old Occupation), International Police (Probationary Assistant), Traveler
Pokémon: Snivy and Aipom
Personality: A bit awkward, to start. Graham isn't really the type to easily make friends, due to his prior (and also his current) occupation and tendency to assume people only see the worst in him. Irregardless of this notion, his behavior is aggressive at worst, and usually lazy or passive at best. That isn't to say he isn't capable of being nice, however; It just isn't usually until he knows someone that he'll be nicer... Maybe. Possibly. He's kinder to his Pokemon, as they tend to accept him no matter who he was, and doesn't feel judged by them.
Bio: Graham's origins begin in the Unova Region, born in Castelia City. Raised in the household of a successful news reporter for a father and a pokemon coordinator for a mother, much of Graham's childhood was filled with Pokemon, fun, success, and a little bit of being spoiled. All this, and a push for his education took over for about nine years of his life, until his parents opted for a trip to the Orre Region to visit their elders in Agate Village. The day of the trip came, and all was well  as they boarded the cruise liner due for Orre. At this time, he was twelve years old.

However, the ship never made it there, as it was attacked several miles out from Gateon Port, with unknown personnel boarding the ship to steal anything of value from its passengers. Money and jewels to Pokemon to whatever cargo the ship had been carrying at the time and even other people, anything of worth was wrested from them, with a few passengers getting roughed up for trying to defend themselves. When it seemed like it would all be over, the boarders used their Pokemon to demolish the ship and left it to sink. Several of the lifeboats had been destroyed in the process, forcing many to fight over the remaining ones for the sake of self-preservation. Graham was able to make it onto one after it was agreed the children should be allowed on, though he was not able to get on with his parents. Assuring him that they would make it back on another boat, he and several others slowly made their way to Gateon Port, where he waited patiently for his parents. However, spending nearly a day at the Docks while rescuers continued to swim out to sea to try and bring back survivors, he began to wonder what exactly happened to them. Each passing hour made it less likely that his parents survived, and ultimately he gave up, forced to accept the fact he was now in an unfamiliar region with family he did not know. Lost, confused, angry, and depressed he made his way out of Gateon Port, overhearing conversations and talks of how the attack had been instigated by Cipher.

Deciding to make this 'Cipher' his focus, he wandered about until he arrived in Pyrite Town, on the lookout for anyone belonging to Cipher. However, after asking enough questions and dropping the name, he found himself brought in by two of their members. Faced with the realization that telling the truth would not bode well for him, he instead held back his feelings and sought out a means of joining. Initially dubious, he was laughed off at first and told not to bother them again. However, being persistent and refusing to give up, he was tasked with stealing a Pokemon from another trainer. If he could do this, he would be allowed to join... A feat that wound up easier done than said when he ambushed another trainer outside of Pyrite Town. While performing the deed left a bad taste in his mouth, it got him the entry he needed to get into Cipher, along with the notion that he was more violent than he needed to be (Much to his annoyance). Introduced to a creation known as the Snag Machine, it made the theft of Pokemon much easier, and so it would be his key to making a living in the Orre Region. He spent the next ten years of his life working for Cipher and their subsidiaries, taking Pokemon from others for them to use. Amidst all this, he caught two of his own without thievery, a Snivy and an Aipom from areas called Pokemon Oasis's. Despite the work he did, he never forgot what the group did to him, and so he also worked to undermine their operations from within. With time and the laws of Orre changing, soon others would stand up to Cipher, and ultimately bring their plans to a burning finish after years of terror. Though faced with jail time for his operations, he instead reported on a myriad of their operations and atrocities, in return for a reduced sentence and an attempt to make things right not just in Orre but beyond. With the advent of other criminal organizations worldwide, he intended to use the Snag Machine he had to steal pokemon from those who stole from others in turn, placing them in the care of law enforcement until their proper owners could be found.

Due to the nature and content of the occupation, he was filed under International Police Records as a Probationary Assistant after serving a minimum of at least two years in prison (At present age twenty four), along with having a chip installed in the Snag Machine to monitor its work and progress. For all intents and purposes he's nothing more than a traveler in the eyes of the public, able to do what anyone else could want to do: be a pokemon trainer, breeder, coordinator, ranger, whatever. However, to work off what remains of his sentence, he coordinates with the IP to work on returning stolen Pokemon to their proper owners through use of restricted technology. His first posting is to a relatively uninvestigated region called Arcaia. Cited as both a low risk opportunity to deliver on what he said, and a chance to potentially explore a region unmolested by strife and crime, Graham has made his way to this region, though not before being warned of reports of hyper-aggressive Pokemon. He works under the assumption that there is human influence on these aggressive pokemon, not unlike those of the strange pokemon Cipher experimented with... If there's some connection, he plans to get to the bottom of it one way or another; His future depends on it.

kingmaster1

Norsegod1839

Name: Darius Reed

Appearance: Darius is tall and lanky with a runners build and tan skin. He has black hair and sea green eyes.

Sexuality: straight

Region of origin: Johto

Pokémon: He has a Pikachu and A Heracross

Personality: Darius is a fun loving adventurer type. He has a great love for nature and prefers the camping outside surrounded by Pokemon type of walking around. He is a Pokemon enthusiast in all sense of the words and couldn't be happier with his current live of traveling and going on adventures.

Bio: Darius had a very normal child hood in the Johto region. He grew up surrounded by family and worked on his parents Pokemon ranch. He spent his time outside taking care of the Pokemon on the ranch and learning from his father. When it came time for him to go out on his own he happily did so and has been traveling ever since. He hasn't participated in any of the Pokemon League or tournaments yet.

Chaosfox

There is no Order only Chaos and all the joys that it brings. 
This way too On's and Off's