500 Kingdoms and 500 Fairytales

Started by Wistful Dream, April 09, 2009, 04:20:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Chris Brady

Name : Sir Jack The Giant-Killer
Race: Human
Fairytale :  The Brave Little Tailor (Then Jack and Beanstalk, then Jack The Giant-Killer.)
Occupation : Orignally a Tailor, but became a warrior, a knight before being a simple wandering mercenary.
Appearance :  Jack isn't as tall as one would expect, given all the tales of his exploits.  At 5' 8" he isn't as tall as he should be, however, his figure is rock solid and very well defined by years of wandering and battle.  Dark of hair and eye, he'd be a handsome fellow with a delicate look, if it weren't for the scar over his left eye.  Nothing too horrific, but it does show a hint of his violent life.
Personality : Heart of gold, acts all tough and mean, but at the end of the day he'll help because it's the right thing to do.  Even if he grumples the entire time for it.
Special Talents/Magical Powers : An expert tailor and excellent swordsman, no innate magic talent, but very clever and sharp.  Has a magic two handed sword, "Dragon Slayer", which is very effective against larger than man sized creatures, but is as a normal sword against men and things smaller.
History :  Jack was a simple tailor in the beginning.  A simple man, a boy really, with what he believed to be a simple destiny, a simple life.  But like all things, the smallest of them can grow to be enormous.  In his case it started with the simple slaying of seven flies in one fell swoop.  Unfortunately for him, his timing was poor.  He was overheard by the King's Guard, who took him in front and ask if it was true.  Jack acknowledged this, but wasn't sure what the fuss was about.  Then it was explained to him that a giant had been rampaging through the country side.  But before he could do anything to correct what had to be the Kingdom's greatest misinterpretation, he was armed, armoured and thrown to the giant's mercy.

What happened next was the stuff of legends.  His legend.

First, he tracked down and tricked the enormous man, followed him to his home in the clouds, after being sold some magic beans by an old man seeking revenge on this very giant for the theft of his wealth and privelige.  That first deed done, he was sent to deal with a pair of brothers who collected young women from the countryside and fed on them.  An unknown talent with a sword was revealed during that titanic battle.  Beaten, bruised but not broken, he returned the victor, and this time the King offered his daughter to Jack as wife, to which he accepted, including the accolades.

However, all good things must come to an end, and it was revealed that he never did kill seven men in one blow.  And because his entire foundation was built upon a lie, he was tossed out of the kingdom, branded a liar and traitor.  No one bothered to realize, that while in the beginning he had been a simple tailor, a worker of cloth, he had become one of the nations best warriors, able to meet any challenge and best it, by sheer willpower and new found skill and experience.  And all because of a misunderstanding at the age of 16: 'Seven with ONE blow!'
My O&Os Peruse at your doom.

So I make a A&A thread but do I put it here?  No.  Of course not.

Also, I now come with Kung-Fu Blog action.  Here:  Where I talk about comics and all sorts of gaming

Wistful Dream