News:

"Forbidden Fruit [L-H]"
Congratulations Mellific & Swashbuckler for completing your RP!

Main Menu

Invasion roleplay - fantasy-setting

Started by RedEve, January 23, 2012, 07:51:50 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

RedEve

What I had in mind was a group roleplay involving two separate groups. One would be a vicious invading army, the other would be the regular, common folks they encounter during their conquest and plunder. Naturally the latter group would be greatly disadvantaged and be more or less at the mercy of the former. Think rape, enslavement, pillaging, scorched earth, ...

As for setting I was thinking a fictional medieval setting. No orcs or trolls, but rather humans, though set in an alternative universe as opposed to semi-historical setting.
"I don't have a dirty mind, I have a sexy imagination."
My ons and offs- My F-list

Kate

love it !

Is witchery / magic permitted ? if so in what flavor ?

RedEve

I was initially thinking a magic-free world, however I might be able to admit some magic elements if they are not to grand in scale and limited to a handful of characters at the most.

Kate

i was keen on playing a powerful witch (with whatever abilities you feel are appropriate, not a lightning from the fingertips sort of witch but a ritual witch, like with heaps of time and a few helpers i can do stuff .. (how successful it is you decide ... magic is unreliable).  that sort of thing.

Scarie187

I'm interested. I'd like to play some kind of warlord or general in the invading army.

Kate

RedEve

What side would the witch be on, Kate?

I can make you the Lord who is commanding the invading forces if you feel up to the part, Scarie.

Kate

whichever you want me on.

I can either be a girly knight on the side of good for the goodies - or a witchy bitch on the badies side,
or a good witch for the goodies ... or bad-ass bitch with a sword for the badies ... dont mind.

RedEve

Kate

evil bitchy witch comming right up ...

SargentToughie

Hmm... I'm going to need quite a few characters if I want to maximize my fun out of this. I'm thinking:

A: A high ranking official, likely a field commander or something, for the invading army
B: A poor, helpless town jewel, taken from her home by the attackers
C: A knight in the invading army who's something of an exception to the rule, somebody who seeks to fix his nation's system from the inside.

... Any insight on rather or not this would be possible, GM?
If you're reading my RPs from the outside and like my writing, feel free to drop me a line! I'm always looking for new, fun partners. :D
Ons and offs

Elven Sex Goddess

I am interest in this, with a concept to play the helpless town jewel.

Character concept
Myra wife of Rolf Magusson, and mother of his two children.   Who tills a farm a few leagues outside of town.    Rolf is consider a lucky man amongst his peers.  For Myra is considered a beauty and thus should have been beyond his reach.   Ten years they have been married.   Since Myra was sixteen years of age.   The two children are eight and seven.    Life is good for Myra and her family.   

But all of that is soon to end.   The tranquil setting of their world is turned upside down.   Invaders have invaded the lands.   A call for able body men to muster up in forming of a militia to meet the invaders and drive them off.   Of course Rolf sense of duty leads him to enlist.   As well as her father in-law.      Her mother-in-law, mother and father.   Who from an injury a few years ago.  Is in no condition to  be of any use to fight.   Will be along with many others fleeing the advancing army of invaders,   refugees.   It is decided the children will go with them.   

Myra through refuses to go.  Someone has to stay and tend to the farm.   Feed the livestock, watch over the harvest.   Of course it is thought if the invaders do get close enough.  Myra will be able to escape.    Especially since the children have been sent to safety already.   

Of course when captured she will not know the fate of the others.   Has she lost everything.    Her husband, children and parents.   

For the invaders it is evident to who capture her.  That she is a rare beauty.   She has all the pleasing curves.   Yet it is her lips that are so striking.   Lush, ripe and full of promise.  Lively green eyes that ensnare those that look to long into them.    So that one might actually think they have saved this woman from a life of drudgery of mundane with a simple farm life. Simply put she is a woman that one would conquer ten kingdoms,  slaughter thousands to possess.   

Myra is no seductress.   She is down to earth, earthy person.   A descent cook, with skills to sew and stitch together clothes.   Also with skills to tending to the live stock of the farm.  Some knowledge with the crops.    Along with some knowledge on caring for illness and other hurts.   After all she is a mother.   Finally even at twenty six she is still quite vibrant and holds her natural beauty.   

SargentToughie

Actually, I was kinda talking about characters that I was gonna play as, but your character does seem like a lot of fun for my 'bad guy' if you're game for that.
If you're reading my RPs from the outside and like my writing, feel free to drop me a line! I'm always looking for new, fun partners. :D
Ons and offs

Elven Sex Goddess

Quote from: SargentToughie on January 23, 2012, 10:52:39 PM
Actually, I was kinda talking about characters that I was gonna play as, but your character does seem like a lot of fun for my 'bad guy' if you're game for that.

I be game to such.    An sorry didn't quite mean to steal your second idea.   I had a moment of being an air head. 

Scarie187

I dont know if I have time to commit to being that type of character but perhaps a commander directly under the main lord commander could work.

SargentToughie

Quote from: Elven Sex Goddess on January 23, 2012, 11:17:51 PM
I be game to such.    An sorry didn't quite mean to steal your second idea.   I had a moment of being an air head.

Oh, it's fine. They won't even be the same kind of character. Mine will be in her late teens, pure, sweet... you know, all the stuff that the bad guys love to destroy.
Ons and offs

Elven Sex Goddess

Quote from: SargentToughie on January 23, 2012, 11:19:28 PM
Oh, it's fine. They won't even be the same kind of character. Mine will be in her late teens, pure, sweet... you know, all the stuff that the bad guys love to destroy.

Ah I see,  my concept is approaching it at a different angle.   She is a ripe candidate to be made a concubine for the elite of the invading army.    However, how does she handle not the sex.   But once she is tamed (trained)  the pamper life.   She has been a woman use to an active life of work.   Who did not mind getting her hands dirty.   Whose idea of dressing up was perhaps a flower in her hair.    She did worry about painting her face,  giving color to her lips a blush to her cheeks.    She never needed to her.   Her beauty and her husband was enraptured with just how she was.    Such trifles seem ludicrous.  Then what drives her to survive.   To be of worth not to be discarded and killed.    Is it the hope that one day she may see her family again.     

RedEve

ESG, I love your character idea. :)

Sargent, I'm not opposed to you playing those different characters, let me see your concepts for them when they are ready.

Scarie, I can NPC the lord commander if you'd prefer that.

Elven Sex Goddess

Thank you,  I am looking forward to the game getting started.   The concept is simple, yet it holds a lot of potential. To be a fun and long lasting story.   With many angles to come from with in the concept of the idea.

First the shock of those of the subjugated nation.    The horrors of rape and other indignities.    But more then that the rebuilding of a nation.  After all the reason to invade is to enrich ones own nation in wealth.   An thus a nation will be needed to be rebuilt.   An out of that you get the various fractions of the people.    From those enslaved,  to those that sympathize and side with the invaders,  for either survival or gain.    Then those that are insurgents, who continue a resistance.   

SargentToughie

Sure thing Red, I'll get you those characters as soon as I'm done with them, which should be later today.
Ons and offs

Scarie187

Kate

RE - wanna give us a character template ?

RedEve

This roleplay will center around the war in between the Kingdoms of Aelton and Fairiron.

Both Kingdoms developed separately from each other for thousands of years and thus have very different cultures, customs and religions.

The Fairiron culture was born in what is currently known as Elder Fairiron. They are a militaristic patriarchy. Because most of their settlements were in Elder Fairiron for the first few thousand years of their development, there was little to no contact with Aelton. It was only when the climate on the Southron Fairion continent changed that their people moved up North and were confronted more often with Aelton. Due to the drought in the South, there are nearly no living settlements in Elder Fairiron, bar some small towns.
The Fairiron are dark-haired and tend to have a bronzed skin. All boys are required to train with the spear and sword from the age of five upwards. This includes those who will end up becoming craftsmen instead of soldiers. Even though Fairiron is less populous than Aelton, their standing army is over four times as large. Their current capital is Blackcastle.

The Aelton by contrast are a matriarchic culture. Women hold all the positions of power. They provide the queen, but also all priestesses, town elders and the various ladies who rule the cities. Aelton used to have no army apart from a small militia at every city. But several conflicts with their more war-hungry neighbors have changed that. What they lack in sheer numbers they make up for in defenses and tactics. Most of the defenses and the bulk of their force is in North Aelton though, because historically that is where most of the Fairiron attacks have come. The capital city of Aelton is Lightport.

Erilea is the home to the third people, the Erileans. Unlike the Aelton and Fairiron, they do not have an urban culture. Instead they live in the lush forests that cover nearly the entire island. The closest thing they have to a city is Buttertown, which is a forest that holds a few hundred tree houses clustered closely together.

Dracmont is the seat of the Aelton religion. The High Priestess and her Mages - never more than a dozen - live there, as well as their guards, the dragonriders. Dracmont is a barren island with a large dormant volcano at its center. At the top of that mount is the Dragon-temple, which is the the religious center as well as the source of power for their Mages. No Fairiron has set foot on the island in over a thousand years.

Ironmere and Valhollow are two scarcely explored continents. Neither the Aelton nor the Fairiron know what (or indeed who) they might hold. Unsurprisingly, the number of incredible stories told by sailors about both places number in the hundreds.

The idea for this roleplay is that Fairiron stages a massive invasion of South Aelton. Because most of the Aelton defenses, troops and fleet are up north, this will catch them completely by surprise.

Snake

I"m interested. Though I'm torn between a wandering warrior of a good guy or what.

Wyrd

Room for another? I was thinking maybe a mercenary or traveller from Ironmere or maybe a old solider type from Fairiron.
Ragtime Dandies!